2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Its probably blatantly obvious, but here is another official word:

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/ford-halt-some-f-150-pickup-production-week-due-semiconductor-shortage

Earlier this month, Ford said it would continue to idle some of its assembly plants in the week of Feb. 14 due to semiconductor bottlenecks.

In another cutback, Ford’s Kentucky Truck Plant, which builds Super Duty, Expedition and Navigator, will operate on just one shift next week, per a memo to employees

A shortage of semiconductors that are used for everything from computer management of engines to driver-assistance features has hit several automakers across the globe forcing some to produce vehicles without certain features.

17 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

At least you have a build date. Waiting since August.

When in Aug did you order and what did you order? I ordered Aug 24 and got a build date in Jan for Feb 24 but that has changed multiple times and now I have a build week of March 14. I have a F250 Platinum with no restraints after deleting all of them in Jan. 

Received another scheduled for production email last night....

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, plus+++++ (no AS)

Ordered on 9/24

Order Confirmed Email on 10/7

Scheduled for production email 2/1 for week of 3/7

Scheduled for production email 2/4 for week of 3/14

Scheduled for production email 2/7 for week of 3/7

Scheduled for production email 2/25 for week of 3/14

?

Edited by cboy

Who here has AS (Adaptive Steering) on order and has received a build date? When did you place your order?

8/26 Ordered F350 SRW Lariat 6.7 Crew Cab with AS, 5th wheel prep, and spray in bedliner plus other non-commodity hold items.

11/1 Upgraded to King Ranch trim with all same options, bounced from priority 02 to 10 for change.

1/4  Dealer confirmed back at priority 02

2/26 No news yet......

14 hours ago, 35FordTudor said:

Tom congratulations on your truck. Your truck was built 4 days before mine and shipped out to NM and Ford can’t get my truck shipped out for a 1-1/2 hour drive? 

Something on my truck has to be wrong, as Captain Dave said check the trucks over. I’ll be checking every inch of this truck when it finally arrives, and before signing off on it. 

If anyone gets their SD’s and built around 2/9, please post them, I’m trying to be positive but they said to be delivered week of 2/14.

Hello....ordered 11/22. Built 2/8. Arrived at dealership 2/22. Took delivery 2/23.

Hope you see it soon. 

F250 Build.png

F250.jpg

• Like 4

Well thankfully for Cyberdman, the Ford emails and and the Ford tracking site (mostly working), I have information that my truck is shipped. Last message from the dealer was on Jan 13 that my truck was scheduled. Knowing full well its been build and shipped already (ETA 3/5-3/11), I sent the salesman a message yesterday morning asking for an update and nothing. For the heck of it, I went to their website just now and what do you know, there is my truck posted for sale with a hefty markup. 

• Angry 6

Ordered 9/24/21 SRW, F250 King Ranch, 7.3 gasser, crew, AS, spray liner, 5th wheel, everything I could throw at it. Only thing I didn’t want was upfitter.

so far build dates 1/31, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/21, now 3/28 

AS FAR AS REMOVED ITEMS none “Happiness is not having what you want it’s wanting what you have"  and I’ll have this truck a LONG time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogue6 said:

I have been watching mine, well really obsessing over checking multiple times a day.  I will see if the same applies and update this post.

Are you showing built on tracker or still in production?

Built on tracker.

1 hour ago, CastIronMan1956 said:

Hello....ordered 11/22. Built 2/8. Arrived at dealership 2/22. Took delivery 2/23.

Hope you see it soon. 

F250 Build.png

F250.jpg

Congrats! My truck is almost identical to yours. It's sitting at the railyard waiting to get delivered to dealer. So any day now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cboy said:

Ordered on 9/24

?

I’ll take yours over mine any day.  Scheduled for 3/7 originally.  Then every Friday night like clockwork I get the dreaded emails.  3/14, 3/21, 4/4, and last night 4/18. 

4 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

Well thankfully for Cyberdman, the Ford emails and and the Ford tracking site (mostly working), I have information that my truck is shipped. Last message from the dealer was on Jan 13 that my truck was scheduled. Knowing full well its been build and shipped already (ETA 3/5-3/11), I sent the salesman a message yesterday morning asking for an update and nothing. For the heck of it, I went to their website just now and what do you know, there is my truck posted for sale with a hefty markup. 

Just for shits and grins you should go to the dealership, try to locate a different sales rep and inquire about the SD for sale on their lot. See how far you can go with it! That’s BS!!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

Just for shits and grins you should go to the dealership, try to locate a different sales rep and inquire about the SD for sale on their lot. See how far you can go with it! That’s BS!!!

Agree…and then contact Ford to let them know about their shady practices if they do try to sell it from under you.

5 hours ago, cboy said:

Ordered on 9/24

?

Likewise.  Original email 2/1 for build date 3/7.  Email on 2/5 saying build date  moved back to 3/14, then an email on 2/7 advising build date changed back to 3/7.  Email received last night moving build date again to 3/21.  Argh.

How many here would like to be receiving the dreaded, move back, emails instead of have no production week at all? My coworker complains because he has received two of said emails  after only having to wait 3 weeks from putting in his order to getting a production week email. Could always be worse and have no hope at all. 

3 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Ford automatically populates some dealers site fyi.  Sometimes you can even see the trucks on fords website for dealer inventory.  Im sure if you called they would say it has been sold.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gjones1081 said:

Ford automatically populates some dealers site fyi.  Sometimes you can even see the trucks on fords website for dealer inventory.  Im sure if you called they would say it has been sold.

I came across one similar to my build specs online at a dealership a state over and called about it. Turns out it was someone's build. Said they were just waiting financing for it and was a 0.00001% it wouldnt go though. So you're probably correct.