2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, dwpick1030 said:

I am in the same situation. I have requested a vvr but the dealer said nothing yet, no vin, no build date available. Ordered 09/25.

Is it possible and/or allowed to provide my order number here to see if the fine folks on here can provide any info that might be possible . Believe me I (like several others) are trying my hardest to be patient during these crazy times

If you head over to the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees thread under the Ford Motor Company Employee Discussion Forum header and provide the fine gentlemen with your order number, sales code and some specs on your vehicle he can look into it. Read the pinned Tracking Rules thread at the top though before doing anything. He spends a lot of time running that thread trying to help folks out. 

On 2/21/2022 at 2:26 PM, Misnjak said:

Anyone complete an order purchase through Koons of Woodbridge VA and if so what was the outcome?

I've read some complaints about last minute bs with pricing (adding on second destination/delivery fee; finianicng department hassles etc)

I ordered 2/7/22 from Dexter Watts of Koons Woodbridge VA. Has not been scheduled yet. I have not seen any complaints but would like to learn more since I will be driving from Florida (12 hrs) to pick up. 

2 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

What does the ultimate package include? 

King Ranch® Ultimate Package
$3,350 S4

Add

The King Ranch® Ultimate Package is Available on Super Duty King Ranch®.

Includes:
• LED Fog Lamps
• LED Taillamps
• Quad LED Headlamps
• Moonroof (Twin Panel)
• Multi-contour Seats
• Power-Deployable Running Boards

22 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:
$3,350 S4

Add

Includes:
• LED Fog Lamps
• LED Taillamps
• Quad LED Headlamps
• Moonroof (Twin Panel)
• Multi-contour Seats

How are these multi contour seats any different than the lariat model version other than the leather covering?

38 minutes ago, TotalStranger said:

I ordered 2/7/22 from Dexter Watts of Koons Woodbridge VA. Has not been scheduled yet. I have not seen any complaints but would like to learn more since I will be driving from Florida (12 hrs) to pick up. 

Yes me as well, ordered a week after you and flying in from South Florida to drive home.  I was reffered to him and that dealership from someone off a facebook group.  He was quick to respond to emails but always short answers.  I asked for a signed contract and said  the dora with written 'sale price' on it that I signed (dealership did not sight) is the contract and will be price locked.  Seems straight forward just was hoping for something more in detail writing other than that and a short one line 5 word sentence email.  I don't want to wait half a year just to be surprised... but I am hopeful they are on the up and up.  I gave my driver license copy and signed the dora w/ sale price written on it saying that plus 899$ dealer fee, tax, and tag, plus 1k$ if do not use their financing.

I'm also going to see about ford esp extended warranty though them if they will price match flood ford pricing.  And I may see about getting the line-x bed liner sprayed through them as well as a few for parts I wanted to change out like swap my black tow hooks for chrome and the chrome door handles and chrom exhaust tip and chrome mirror caps swapped out for my painted ones.  You having them do anything to your truck once delivered?  What about the extended warranty, did you look into that with them at all?  You using their financing also, I wasn't able to get any info from them on that such as which lenders they use other than fmcc plus 29 others...I have navy federal and penfed which offer pretty damn good rates so wanted to see who they use to not get charged the extra 1k$

29 minutes ago, Misnjak said:

Yes me as well, ordered a week after you and flying in from South Florida to drive home.  I was reffered to him and that dealership from someone off a facebook group.  He was quick to respond to emails but always short answers.  I asked for a signed contract and said  the dora with written 'sale price' on it that I signed (dealership did not sight) is the contract and will be price locked.  Seems straight forward just was hoping for something more in detail writing other than that and a short one line 5 word sentence email.  I don't want to wait half a year just to be surprised... but I am hopeful they are on the up and up.  I gave my driver license copy and signed the dora w/ sale price written on it saying that plus 899$ dealer fee, tax, and tag, plus 1k$ if do not use their financing.

I'm also going to see about ford esp extended warranty though them if they will price match flood ford pricing.  And I may see about getting the line-x bed liner sprayed through them as well as a few for parts I wanted to change out like swap my black tow hooks for chrome and the chrome door handles and chrom exhaust tip and chrome mirror caps swapped out for my painted ones.  You having them do anything to your truck once delivered?  What about the extended warranty, did you look into that with them at all?  You using their financing also, I wasn't able to get any info from them on that such as which lenders they use other than fmcc plus 29 others...I have navy federal and penfed which offer pretty damn good rates so wanted to see who they use to not get charged the extra 1k$

Same with me. The conversation was short. I asked him about signing a purchase agreement but he said that would be done after the truck arrived and would include any incentives that come up. He did say the price on the DORA would be the most I would pay. I’m picking mine up as-is, no extra work. Cash deal. No extended warranty. I will be trading in a 2018 F-150 Lariat(yes risky to drive that far to negotiate a trade in). Finally, I have an earlier order(same build) scheduled from another dealer. I placed the second order with Koons because it is $8000 lower. So if it works out it will be worth it. My email is roberts8361 at gmail if you find out any more details. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, Sh6l9by said:
$3,350 S4

Add

Includes:
• LED Fog Lamps
• LED Taillamps
• Quad LED Headlamps
• Moonroof (Twin Panel)
• Multi-contour Seats

Maybe it's the seats or the moonroof delaying it. I don't know if those are the same seats I am getting and I don't have the moonroof. 

6 hours ago, Sh6l9by said:
$3,350 S4

Add

Includes:
• LED Fog Lamps
• LED Taillamps
• Quad LED Headlamps
• Moonroof (Twin Panel)
• Multi-contour Seats

Multi-contour Seats..yes they are messaging,  this is one of new my favorite options

Edited by KidNick

1 hour ago, CheeseheadFord said:

I ordered my 250 on 12/6 and the same build is about $2400 difference which is the only thing keeping me from trying to order from another dealer right now seeing how quickly lots of people are getting their Feb ordered turned around. 

Are you thinking that people who ordered in February are getting their trucks built before people who ordered prior to February?

I ordered my 250 on 12/6 and the same build is about $2400 difference which is the only thing keeping me from trying to order from another dealer right now seeing how quickly lots of people are getting their Feb ordered turned around. 

19 minutes ago, traynoral said:

Are you thinking that people who ordered in February are getting their trucks built before people who ordered prior to February?

I was wondering the same thing traynoral. There are tons of people who's have ordered before me who still haven't been built yet. I ordered Aug 24. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, traynoral said:

Absolutely! A check here and another forum shows quite a few that have ordered this year and scheduled and built. There is no rhyme or reason as to why truck A is built before or after truck B. It's not first in first out even if all parts are available to build. It's almost like a lottery where they are pulling lottery balls out to see which trucks to build for a week. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CheeseheadFord said:

Absolutely! A check here and another forum shows quite a few that have ordered this year and scheduled and built. There is no rhyme or reason as to why truck A is built before or after truck B. It's not first in first out even if all parts are available to build. It's almost like a lottery where they are pulling lottery balls out to see which trucks to build for a week. 

It's based on their prioritization and deals with dealerships. 

Let's say 2 different dealerships have 55 super duties that they sold this month. Dealership A has an allotment for 50 Super duties per month and dealership B is only alloted 5 super duty trucks per month according to their deal with Ford, which one is gonna fill the order first?

This is how I understand it. I'm sure it's much more complicated and shortages of chips and other items also come into play.

It is the more expensive ones getting built first ?

46 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

It is the more expensive ones getting built first ?

This is an excerpt of a really long well written and very informative post on vehicle ordering posted by the Moderator Ice Capades. It is very plausible that Ford skews scheduling to higher content models to maximize profits. This along with supply chain issues and parts shortages and shift reductions only add to wait times. 

Years ago, the ordering process was much easier, with few or limited commodity issues to deal with. Ford’s vehicle scheduling was mostly driven by scheduling and building vehicles based on Dealer orders to meet Market demands. For a number of years now, the ordering process has become more complex and time consuming based on the constantly changing commodity issues and restrictions. It is now not uncommon for allocation to roll over to the following week because manufacturing can’t accurately forecast how many vehicles can be scheduled for production. In many cases, it seems that either because of vendor supply issues or other factors that Ford skews vehicle scheduling to higher content models in order to maximize corporate profits rather than scheduling vehicle production to meet Dealers orders or Market demand. 

Edited by Patriot1

37 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:

I don’t think so. I’m not sure what the hold up is, but I can tell you my truck, ordered September 24 should’ve been at the top of the list for gassers. Instead I’ve been bumped 7 times.

Well I’ve joined to pushed back club as well for the third time.   Order placed 1 June 2021. F250 Godzilla Lariat Ultimate Rapid Red Tremor and Blackout  package. Winch, Moonroof, no carpet, Adaptive Cruise, Upfitter and Universal Garage.  Dropped the AS and tonneau in August trying to get scheduled.  Received the first email from Ford in June confirming order. Received a second email In January showing a build date and VIN for the week of 28 February.  Just received my forth  email last night slipping the build date to the week of 14 March. The dealership I’m  purchasing this truck from has been very up front and honest from the very beginning. They had thought at least 6 to 8 months. It’s looking like 9 to 11 moths is now the new reality. I’ve read many threads over the months that some folks are getting trucks sooner that others. I get frustrated when I see truckers being built ahead of mine but must continue to remind myself that the more bells and whistles I ordered the longer the wait. Some folks have cancelled orders only to find out that ALL vehicle manufacturers are having the same issues.  If you’ve followed and listened ice capades threads over the last year then none of this should be surprising. It’s the new norm for retail orders.  It impacts buyers, dealers and manufacturers alike. It is what it is. It sucks a lot for everyone.  There is rhyme and reason for the delays. The days of instant gratification and new retail vehicle ownership are done for the foreseeable future. You can either enjoy the wait or agonize over it.  It’s up to you.