2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Contacted my salesman and added upfitter switches a few weeks ago. I wonder if that pushed me back further on the list.

With everything going on in the world I wouldn't be surprised if it causes even more supply shortages and I end up having to order a 2023 model. Wouldn't be the worst thing, but the not knowing anything is so bizarre.

I asked the sales manager two weeks ago, To speak with the territory sales manager to look into why I have not heard anything from ford. Other than a confirmation back in August of 2021. I also asked if they could order the 5th wheel prep and put it in or I would order it and put it in myself. He got back to me last week and informed that territory manager informed him that Ford is not having any problems getting parts, the problem is they are short of workers. and as for the 5th wheel prep Ford is reimbursing the dealers and have them put in an aftermarket package at the dealerships. From what I have been reading on the forums this sounds like BS. 

40 minutes ago, ovalbert said:

Contacted my salesman and added upfitter switches a few weeks ago. I wonder if that pushed me back further on the list.

With everything going on in the world I wouldn't be surprised if it causes even more supply shortages and I end up having to order a 2023 model. Wouldn't be the worst thing, but the not knowing anything is so bizarre.

So I have been curious about this. If the orders take so long that they can no longer build a 2022 for us and it needs to be a 2023, do they cancel our order and we have to reorder a 2023? Do they honor our original price and we just have to wait for 2023? 

24 minutes ago, traynoral said:

So I have been curious about this. If the orders take so long that they can no longer build a 2022 for us and it needs to be a 2023, do they cancel our order and we have to reorder a 2023? Do they honor our original price and we just have to wait for 2023? 

My understanding of how that works from this forum and others is if you're truck doesn't get built as a 22my your order would be cancelled and you would have to reorder as a 23my with any price increases that includes.

15 minutes ago, Jason the Mason said:

I hope that is not the case, My dealer took my truck for trade in back in September. I have been without a truck since then and have a lot of concrete work for this summer.

That was a big mistake

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

That was a big mistake

100% this, I don't understand why anyone would trade in a truck they need for something until they have a replacement. 

Not just directed at you Jason, I've seen a bunch of people do it.

Edited by TheFatInTheHat
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jason the Mason said:

I'm am starting to realize that now. I was told worst case scenario, My truck wouldn't be here till April.

16 minutes ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

100% this, I don't understand why anyone would trade in a truck they need for something until they have a replacement. 

Not just directed at you Jason, I've seen a bunch of people do it.

Jason was lied to by his dealer.  

14 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

Jason was lied to by his dealer.  

I'm not sure why anyone would believe anything a dealer said at this point. They have no idea when a truck will be built. When I was shopping for a dealership to order through I had a saleman that wouldn't take X-plan but swore he would have the truck in 2 months. I laughed and told him no thanks, he never even asked what was on my build but just told me whatever he thought would get my business.

15 hours ago, Dog breath said:

Can I find my truck build with my sales number/ order number to double check that it is correct?

That is what I have been wondering.  I wonder if they sheet they sent me with the sales # on if they just click to turn it into an order, or if they have to reenter it to a different system.  If they just click to convert to an order I'm ok, but I'd hate to wait 6 months and it wasn't right.  The dealer I ordered from seems to be on top of things, but mistakes can happen.

15 hours ago, Dog breath said:

Can I find my truck build with my sales number/ order number to double check that it is correct?

No you can't, but once you are assigned a VIN you will be able to use the Ford.com tracker and review your build there.  You can have the dealer make corrections if you catch it before too close to the production date.  If the dealer botched something major like the body code, that would be a big problem because a change to the body code means a new order receipt date -- basically going back to the end of the line.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, atlgtr04 said:

Is there any way to find out if something is holding an order from being scheduled? 

Edited by Forderorder

26 minutes ago, CheeseheadFord said:

This one was a bit confusing, so all F250 or F350 XL with STX are waiting? or is that saying just for the 450? If its for all 250 and 350 I'm guessing that is why we rarely see an XL built here and that would be why mine is being held up as we speak I guess....

• 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)

I agree that's confusing wording, but the option 64D wheel is a 19.5" 10-lug that is only on F-450s.

Untitled.png

Edited by Forderorder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason the Mason said:

I asked the sales manager two weeks ago, To speak with the territory sales manager to look into why I have not heard anything from ford. Other than a confirmation back in August of 2021. I also asked if they could order the 5th wheel prep and put it in or I would order it and put it in myself. He got back to me last week and informed that territory manager informed him that Ford is not having any problems getting parts, the problem is they are short of workers. and as for the 5th wheel prep Ford is reimbursing the dealers and have them put in an aftermarket package at the dealerships. From what I have been reading on the forums this sounds like BS. 

BS! That's a good one! 

3 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

Not sure mine also changed.  It has the final prep on it but not showing built or shipped. Maybe it's something new......time will tell 

Same thing for me.  Mine has been at the rail yard since last week and yesterday, the window sticker date changed to 3/1.  I looked first thing this morning and it still showed in transit.  I looked about 15 minutes ago and it's now changed to in final preparation.  I can only hope.  I feel like a nine year old kid waiting for Christmas morning...

image.thumb.png.17d5e714fe009cd3c75530ea8d554117.png

1 hour ago, snb92 said:

Same thing for me.  Mine has been at the rail yard since last week and yesterday, the window sticker date changed to 3/1.  I looked first thing this morning and it still showed in transit.  I looked about 15 minutes ago and it's now changed to in final preparation.  I can only hope.  I feel like a nine year old kid waiting for Christmas morning...

image.thumb.png.17d5e714fe009cd3c75530ea8d554117.png

Hopefully yours is there at the dealer. Checked with my dealer, my truck is not on property although showing in "final preparation". I feel like something is wrong with the tracker as it changed yesterday on the fundamental line items being displayed to the end user. Just my personal observation on this. I have no real idea though. 

14 minutes ago, JT42 said:

Hopefully yours is there at the dealer. Checked with my dealer, my truck is not on property although showing in "final preparation". I feel like something is wrong with the tracker as it changed yesterday on the fundamental line items being displayed to the end user. Just my personal observation on this. I have no real idea though. 

I just got the call from my dealer not five minutes ago - it showed up.  Unbelievable - it's finally here!  it looks like the tracker was right on top of it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, snb92 said:

I just got the call from my dealer not five minutes ago - it showed up.  Unbelievable - it's finally here!  it looks like the tracker was right on top of it.

That's awesome! Congrats maybe there is hope they will find mine :). 

17 hours ago, atlgtr04 said:

Placed an order on 11/19/21 for an F250 SRW Platinum with 5th wheel prep. Received the Ford email confirmation a few days later. In late January removed the 5th wheel prep option. Still waiting....

Same situation here brother