2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

27 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

Curiously is KTP up today producing SD’s or was the “Ford Authority” article correct? I have my opinion on articles that are subjectively written by Ford Authority but I will refrain from commenting on that.

Subjectively written by Ford Authority? Really?

Ford Authority article was referencing a CNBC article, who in turn was quoting Ford. Why didn’t you mention that, doesn’t fit your narrative of everyone around lying to you?

Ford on Thursday confirmed production downtime next week for Ford Super Duty pickups and Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs at a plant in Kentucky and medium-duty trucks and chassis cabs at a plant in Ohio.”

There have been 1/2 dozen other news articles since that all with same information.

• Like 1

My truck has shifted to In Production and a window sticker has been generated!  I have no idea what my build date is, but I'm cautiously optimistic I may see this truck by the end of May when I absolutely need it!  Ordered 11/11/21 F250 CC 7.3L Lariat

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Subjectively written by Ford Authority? Really?

Ford Authority article was referencing a CNBC article, who in turn was quoting Ford. Why didn’t you mention that, doesn’t fit your narrative of everyone around lying to you?

Ford on Thursday confirmed production downtime next week for Ford Super Duty pickups and Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs at a plant in Kentucky and medium-duty trucks and chassis cabs at a plant in Ohio.”

There have been 1/2 dozen other news articles since that all with same information.

So does “downtime” = closed? Or just down to one shift again this week?

17 minutes ago, Pauljbouda said:

So does “downtime” = closed? Or just down to one shift again this week?

According to all the news articles, the entire Kentucky plant will be closed this week.  I’m not a journalist to verify this information, but coming to the thread and implying “fake news” on Ford Authority article does nothing but poisons the already anxious and frustrated thread.

The Kentucky Truck Plant and Ohio Assembly Plant will both be closed starting March 7 and, hopefully, it'll only be for the week.”

2 hours ago, Scoots said:

I have to say, however, it is hard to understand how it takes almost 4 weeks to transport it from the Kentucky plant to Florida.....20% of the entire time from order to delivery......  a distance of less than 1000 miles(that computes to an average speed of 1.5 mph).   ( it took 4 weeks for my wife's car to travel, by ship, from stuttgart to the dealer in florida).

Ive been curious of this as well. My order was built 2/18 and shipped via rail ~2/23. It arrived in Miami according to the dealer and @jhaber who tracked the train with his truck on it as well. Both going to the same dealer in West Palm. Dealer today told me its 10-14 days to come up from there ?

53 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

Ive been curious of this as well. My order was built 2/18 and shipped via rail ~2/23. It arrived in Miami according to the dealer and @jhaber who tracked the train with his truck on it as well. Both going to the same dealer in West Palm. Dealer today told me its 10-14 days to come up from there ?

Yup... train pulled into Miami on the 4th 

The way I look at it, my rig will get here; when, I have no idea, but I have absolutely no room to complain because I’ve only been waiting a month (if you don’t take into consideration the time I wasted with the previous dealership before I canceled). However, I just get more confused every week. Most recently, I received the dreaded email bumping me two more weeks to 4/4; however, I decided to look at the tracker and to my pleasant surprise the truck is in production and a window sticker was generated. Again, not complaining, but I thought KTP was down this week which is why I was very surprised!

E9D16449-97EB-4FD3-8A19-7DE1456F0161.png

09D63A40-59FB-4917-BDFD-BBC3E26B6A1E.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

The way I look at it, my rig will get here; when, I have no idea, but I have absolutely no room to complain because I’ve only been waiting a month (if you don’t take into consideration the time I wasted with the previous dealership before I canceled). However, I just get more confused every week. Most recently, I received the dreaded email bumping me two more weeks to 4/4; however, I decided to look at the tracker and to my pleasant surprise the truck is in production and a window sticker was generated. Again, not complaining, but I thought KTP was down this week which is why I was very surprised!

E9D16449-97EB-4FD3-8A19-7DE1456F0161.png

09D63A40-59FB-4917-BDFD-BBC3E26B6A1E.jpeg

Mine has been “in production” for 2 weeks now…

Well our wait is over. Picked up our F250 KRU tonite. Will post up some pics tomorrow.  Wife took this at dealer.

Ordered 7/21/21, Antimatter  Blue, chrome package and other goodies. 

Well worth the wait. 

20220307_152433.jpg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sox3 said:

Well our wait is over. Picked up our F250 KRU tonite. Will post up some pics tomorrow.  Wife took this at dealer.

Ordered 7/21/21, Antimatter  Blue, chrome package and other goodies. 

Well worth the wait. 

20220307_152433.jpg

Very Nice!  That is the same color I was going to do. I changed at the last minute to star white and carbonized gray.

My wait is over as well gents. I did a search this weekend and found this 2021 F350 Lithium gray Tremor,Lariat Ultimate, BAP, AS, 5th wheel prep, bed liner fully optioned out with 4540 miles on the odo and only in service 6 months. I called the dealer and placed a deposit over the phone on Sat purchased the truck and drove it home Sunday. I am done with all the bumps and guessing. We needed a truck to pull our camper and this is perfect. I called my dealer and canceled my 22 order and my fund was processed while on the phone.

All the best gents on your orders, I just could not pass this deal up. Thanks to the moderators on here, they do a great job.

Onward!! ????

558F571F-3CD7-4873-AE0F-478F08449F1A.thumb.jpeg.fe07a173642cc6f30ae35a8a3bdf60af.jpeg

333E5C5F-A437-488D-9B2F-0757F7228126.thumb.jpeg.b2151af407adc756b8e21e4ccab2aa3a.jpeg

FA9142FA-4F48-4B17-87AF-E55031E605BE.thumb.jpeg.2df24b6985ef38a173a8de3401acbdda.jpeg

Edited by Patriot1
  • Like 7

Been reading through this discussion for a couple of weeks and really appreciate all of the info. We ordered our Super DutyF-350 Lariat Crew Cab on 9/24/21. Production originally scheduled for 2/7, but bumped back 3 times. The curious part is that the last email we received from Ford said our vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of March 7, 2022. We checked the tracking status on 3/4 and it showed as "In Production" and included the window sticker with the same date. We were so excited to finally not get bumped back and looking forward to getting the coveted "Built" status email this week. After reading the comments and seeing Ice-Capades post showing that there is no scheduling this week it looks like we will have to wait longer. Hopefully we get that "Built" email next week during the 3/14 production schedule.

Here are the details of our order:

2022 F350 Super Duty Diesel

3.55 Limited Slip

Gooseneck/5th Wheel Hitch

Carpet delete

FX4 Off-Road

Engine Block Heater

Camera Pro Trailer Backup 

Lariat Value Package

Splash Guards

Upfitter Switches/397 Amp Alternator

White with Two-Tone Stone Gray

Ordered: 9/24/21

Confirmed email: 9/24/21

VIN: not sure, maybe November

1st Production Date: 2/7/22

2nd Bump on 2/5: 2/21

3rd Bump on 2/11: 2/28 

4th Bump on 2/25: 3/7

3/4 Window Sticker ready

3/4 Tracking Status changes to "In Production" - no specific date

7 hours ago, Scoots said:

I was told when I ordered my f250 ( on Oct 27th) that it would be 7 months or more before it would be at the dealer. 

I am pleased it was built on Feb 24th and is now in "shipping" with an unconfirmed arrival date of March 18th - 21st.

That would make that total time about 5 months..... much better than 7 months.  So that is a good.

I have to say, however, it is hard to understand how it takes almost 4 weeks to transport it from the Kentucky plant to Florida.....20% of the entire time from order to delivery......  a distance of less than 1000 miles(that computes to an average speed of 1.5 mph).   ( it took 4 weeks for my wife's car to travel, by ship, from stuttgart to the dealer in florida).

I ordered my F350 one day before you ordered your F250. 

I received two build week change notices from Ford last week pushing my build week out from 3/7 to 3/14, and then to 3/21. 

If it takes them 4 weeks to ship your truck to Florida, I wonder how long it will take them to ship my truck to California. 

Congrats on receiving the notice that your truck has been built. Here’s to hoping they find your truck an express train to Florida, and surprise you with an earlier delivery. 

Edited by Late Apex 61

7 hours ago, Scoots said:

I was told when I ordered my f250 ( on Oct 27th) that it would be 7 months or more before it would be at the dealer. 

I am pleased it was built on Feb 24th and is now in "shipping" with an unconfirmed arrival date of March 18th - 21st.

That would make that total time about 5 months..... much better than 7 months.  So that is a good.

What part of FL?

4 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Most recently, I received the dreaded email bumping me two more weeks to 4/4; however, I decided to look at the tracker and to my pleasant surprise the truck is in production and a window sticker was generated. Again, not complaining, but I thought KTP was down this week which is why I was very surprised!

Just checked on mine with a build week of 3/21, but unfortunately no change in production status, nor is the window sticker available. 

Happy to see someone is moving forward in the process. 

Maybe there is still hope for the rest of us.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scoots said:

I am in Gainesville, Florida and having a similar situation. Shipped 2/14 and still waiting. I was told deilvery would be between 2/28-3/6 in one of Ford's emails - but here we are a 3/8 with no update at all.

image.thumb.png.81ecf9708c98d935ac80893cd984ea7b.png

11 hours ago, Patriot1 said:

My wait is over as well gents. I did a search this weekend and found this 2021 F350 Lithium gray Tremor,Lariat Ultimate, BAP, AS, 5th wheel prep, bed liner fully optioned out with 4540 miles on the odo and only in service 6 months. I called the dealer and placed a deposit over the phone on Sat purchased the truck and drove it home Sunday. I am done with all the bumps and guessing. We needed a truck to pull our camper and this is perfect. I called my dealer and canceled my 22 order and my fund was processed while on the phone.

All the best gents on your orders, I just could not pass this deal up. Thanks to the moderators on here, they do a great job.

Onward!! ????

558F571F-3CD7-4873-AE0F-478F08449F1A.thumb.jpeg.fe07a173642cc6f30ae35a8a3bdf60af.jpeg

333E5C5F-A437-488D-9B2F-0757F7228126.thumb.jpeg.b2151af407adc756b8e21e4ccab2aa3a.jpeg

FA9142FA-4F48-4B17-87AF-E55031E605BE.thumb.jpeg.2df24b6985ef38a173a8de3401acbdda.jpeg

Wow that's a sweet looking truck, honestly one of the nicer ones I've seen. I assume you paid more for this one than your new one would be? I'd have no problem buying a gently used one like this over brand new if pricing was similar to what I am locked into with my 22.

There was a 22 tremor on a lot about 100 miles from me, red with similar miles and they wanted more than the original MSRP but quite a lot. It eventually told but sat there for a little while.

I'm just starting this process.  Based on what I've been reading, I'm fully expecting to be forced to re-order a 2023 as they try to get the order book started (sometime this month?).

My dealer tells me that he thinks it will be delivered as a 2022 model based on a dealer memo that they received indicating a prioritization on delivering 2022 SD orders.  He didn't show me the memo, so I can't confirm as first-hand info.

Anyway, I ordered my 2022 F350 SRW Platinum on 2/23 with confirmation email same day.  I changed it on 2/28 to a 2022 F350 DRW Platinum on 2/28 because I got nervous about my planned 5th wheel's pin weight.  Dealer told me on 3/1 to remove 5th wheel prep and spray-in bed liner as these would cause delays and could be installed "in-house".  I also have ordered Active Steering so that will also cause a delay.

Should I be expecting a confirmation that the original order has been changed to DRW?