2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

May be?  If you’re going to check out at the grocery store and there are 2 cashiers and one line has 2 people in it and one line has 10 which one will get you checked out faster?  

Certainly, but I can see the line at the grocery store.  I am sure dealers are always well informed, and would never knowingly mislead, but how do we know the number of trucks actually ordered?  How do we know the allocation?  

A lot like going to the grocery store blindfolded and hoping you got in the right line...only to find out 6 months later that you aren't!  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dog breath said:

Now that I have gone through this ordering process I think I may have this figured out.

call dealers and ask how many SD allocations they have. 

ask how many SD orders they have waiting…..

With you….if I had it all to do again I would be an expert.  But not sure I will ever go through this again.  If a manufacturer offers you to order an item then they should be ready to deliver on that.

25 minutes ago, gearguywb said:

Certainly, but I can see the line at the grocery store.  I am sure dealers are always well informed, and would never knowingly mislead, but how do we know the number of trucks actually ordered?  How do we know the allocation?  

A lot like going to the grocery store blindfolded and hoping you got in the right line...only to find out 6 months later that you aren't!  :)

Simple - you ask the dealer when you place the order.  If they won’t tell you then you need to find another dealer that will be honest with you.

Remember you aren’t ordering from Ford, the dealer is.  And without all the supply chain issues and with COVP incremental allocations, you wouldn’t have to worry about allocations and you’d get a truck in 6-8 weeks.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, kfford said:

If a manufacturer offers you to order an item then they should be ready to deliver on that.

You don’t order directly from Ford.  Try ordering an appliance or furniture right now.  Nobody is guaranteeing delivery times and most are estimating 6-9 months or longer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JC2014 said:

Mine went into production last night also. 3/27 build day also. Window sticker not visible on the ford tracker but was able to see it here.

Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer

Once you put in your vin and order number a window sticker tab will appear.

Thank you for that link.  I see my window sticker there.  Hopefully ours actually go down the assembly line on 3/27.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JC2014 said:

Mine went into production last night also. 3/27 build day also. Window sticker not visible on the ford tracker but was able to see it here.

Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer

Once you put in your vin and order number a window sticker tab will appear.

Thank you for this link JC2014.

I have a to day build date of 3/24, but as of this morning my order status is still showing confirmed with no window sticker on the Ford Order Tracking Site. That has been making me worried about getting pushed out again. 

I used the Ford Mach-E link and was able to pull up my window sticker!  Hopefully this means the truck will get built next week after all. 

Has anyone had their production date pushed out after the window sticker showed up?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ekdad said:

I ordered a 2022 f250 lariat in January. I have a vin number and a window sticker but the truck has been in production for 2 weeks. Does anybody have any info on what is going on? It says on the tracker it would only take a few days!

new to the forum

I am in the same boat. Hoping to move to built status soon!

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

You don’t order directly from Ford.  Try ordering an appliance or furniture right now.  Nobody is guaranteeing delivery times and most are estimating 6-9 months or longer.

Here's a parallel experience with appliances. My Mom passed away the week before the initial pandemic shutdown and I spent 18 months handling the estate and renovating her condominium which was in good condition but needed updates. I ordered all new kitchen appliances from a local, large independent appliance dealer that's been in the market for 40+ years in an attempt to support a local business. The OTD (Order to Delivery) estimate provided was 4 months maximum. Knowing the order backlog for appliances, caused by so many property owners deciding to remodel, I waited almost 3 months before contacting the dealer for an update on the order status. When I first called, I was informed that almost all of the appliances had arrived, with the exception of the new refrigerator. If I hadn't called, I never would have known. They offered to install the appliances that had arrived but also told me that they expected the refrigerator to arrive within a few weeks. As such, I decided to wait for the refrigerator so that everything could be installed at the same time. When I called back 2 weeks later, after not hearing anything from them, I was informed that they were still waiting for the refrigerator to arrive. When I inquired further about the status, they told me that they had no way of tracking the order, received no updates on order status and wouldn't know anything until the refrigerator actually arrived.

I then continued with weekly follow-up calls but always got the same answers with no additional information. I never received a single call from the dealer and what little information I was able to get was only because I contacted them about the order status. Sound familiar?

Finally, I cancelled the entire order and placed a new order for all the same appliances from Home Depot. Home Depot's website showed not only extensive product offerings but even more importantly, showed an estimated OTD of delivery within 3 weeks. I received e-mail updates on the order status and everything arrived in less than 3 weeks and was installed in a matter of days. Like many others, here I was trying to support a local business and was treated with absolutely no customer service and wasted nearly 6 months time. And like many dissatisfied customers, I made sure that many others, including several in the real estate, construction and remodeling business, knew of my experience. Home Depot now gets all my business and will get even more when I start remodeling my own property.    

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ekdad said:

Mine has been in production for 2 weeks and hasn’t changed souls I be worried about a delay?

Did you order any accessories,  tonneau cover, bedliner , 5th wheel prep pkg among other accessories. Any of those items get installed after coming off the assembly line. The truck then gets sent to I believe GFX to have those items installed.  If they are backed up, which it sounds like they are. It is technically still in production.  Could be built and waiting on chips also.

Honest question, ordered September 24th 2021. Original build date week of January 31st, February 14th, 21st, 28th, March 7th, 21st, 28th, now April 4th.

My question is if I have a VIN # does that lock me into a MY2022 or can they scrape that VIN and I have to order a MY2023? Waiting isn’t fun but I want

what I want. Yes I have all the commodity stuff but this is a one and done build.

27 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:

Honest question, ordered September 24th 2021. Original build date week of January 31st, February 14th, 21st, 28th, March 7th, 21st, 28th, now April 4th.

My question is if I have a VIN # does that lock me into a MY2022 or can they scrape that VIN and I have to order a MY2023? Waiting isn’t fun but I want

what I want. Yes I have all the commodity stuff but this is a one and done build.

That VIN number is a 2022 vin.  If for some reason your build gets delayed past the 2022 model year then you have to reorder a 2023.

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

That VIN number is a 2022 vin.  If for some reason your build gets delayed past the 2022 model year then you have to reorder a 2023.

In your experience, has it ever happened that someone with a VIN did not get build in that model year? I understand if someone is unscheduled clean and their order would need to be resubmitted for the new MY, but i wonder if receiving a VIN is a near guarantee that one will get build.

Edited by BigDutyDiesel

28 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:

Thanks for clarifying 

when they open MY2023 should I order one just in case they don’t get to my 2022?

I've been contemplating the same thing.  However, Ford will likely offer some concessions for those 22's that don't get built, so I don't know if that would play into waiting to order a '23 or not.

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Here's a parallel experience with appliances. My Mom passed away the week before the initial pandemic shutdown and I spent 18 months handling the estate and renovating her condominium which was in good condition but needed updates. I ordered all new kitchen appliances from a local, large independent appliance dealer that's been in the market for 40+ years in an attempt to support a local business. The OTD (Order to Delivery) estimate provided was 4 months maximum. Knowing the order backlog for appliances, caused by so many property owners deciding to remodel, I waited almost 3 months before contacting the dealer for an update on the order status. When I first called, I was informed that almost all of the appliances had arrived, with the exception of the new refrigerator. If I hadn't called, I never would have known. They offered to install the appliances that had arrived but also told me that they expected the refrigerator to arrive within a few weeks. As such, I decided to wait for the refrigerator so that everything could be installed at the same time. When I called back 2 weeks later, after not hearing anything from them, I was informed that they were still waiting for the refrigerator to arrive. When I inquired further about the status, they told me that they had no way of tracking the order, received no updates on order status and wouldn't know anything until the refrigerator actually arrived.

I then continued with weekly follow-up calls but always got the same answers with no additional information. I never received a single call from the dealer and what little information I was able to get was only because I contacted them about the order status. Sound familiar?

Finally, I cancelled the entire order and placed a new order for all the same appliances from Home Depot. Home Depot's website showed not only extensive product offerings but even more importantly, showed an estimated OTD of delivery within 3 weeks. I received e-mail updates on the order status and everything arrived in less than 3 weeks and was installed in a matter of days. Like many others, here I was trying to support a local business and was treated with absolutely no customer service and wasted nearly 6 months time. And like many dissatisfied customers, I made sure that many others, including several in the real estate, construction and remodeling business, knew of my experience. Home Depot now gets all my business and will get even more when I start remodeling my own property.    

So, are you saying that I should have ordered my F-250 from Home Depot?

• Haha 1

Help:  Can someone please explain what a wholesale batch cycle is? My dealer is saying that only COVP orders are being scheduled, not regular dealer allocation orders because there’s too many orders, within wholesale cycle from March ‘21 to November 5th 2021. They’ve stated that the next wholesale cycle comes out in April and that’s when I could become scheduled. 

14 hours ago, Pauljbouda said:

Got my rail car info tonight from my dealer…CSX tracking says it will be in FL on 3/21

Where in Florida is your truck going? Mine showed shipped on the 17th and is going to Daytona, how did you track it with CSX?

21 minutes ago, dkeene said:

Where in Florida is your truck going? Mine showed shipped on the 17th and is going to Daytona, how did you track it with CSX?

Jacksonville…get your car # from your dealer then you can call the rail line..:my rail car is NS171097 with CSX

59BBB521-2B3D-425D-BE8E-870BE1F03A46.jpeg

Edited by Pauljbouda

Just got scheduled for a build day of 1st April.

• F-450 KRU, CCLB, 6.7, 4x4, 5th prep, moonroof, ACC, LED lights, massage seats, tailgate step, Antimatter Blue/Stone Gray
  • Ordered - 31st August 2021
  • Confirmed - 31st August 2021
  • Scheduled - 17th March 2022
  • Scheduled to Day - 1st April 2022

Hoping this isn't Ford's idea of an April Fool's joke?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pauljbouda said:

Jacksonville…get your car # from your dealer then you can call the rail line..:my rail car is NS171097 with CSX

59BBB521-2B3D-425D-BE8E-870BE1F03A46.jpeg

Thanks. When was your truck shipped? Mine might be on the same train. my dealer told me that their trucks are dropped in Jacksonville and then delivered to them. 

45 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

Help:  Can someone please explain what a wholesale batch cycle is? My dealer is saying that only COVP orders are being scheduled, not regular dealer allocation orders because there’s too many orders, within wholesale cycle from March ‘21 to November 5th 2021. They’ve stated that the next wholesale cycle comes out in April and that’s when I could become scheduled. 

The "wholesale" process is done monthly and is the process that determines the Dealer's allocation for the upcoming scheduling period. The "wholesale" is related to allocation with the Dealer's allocation spread out for the upcoming month's scheduling period. As I've posted several times, your Dealer is giving you a line of BS based on information that Ford doesn't disclose.