2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, tjm73 said:

My dealer said they will not change the priority of any order for any customer. Jumping one customer forward effectively moves another backward and they feel that is unfair to one of the customers. So nobody gets changed. Priority is only among their orders so I understand the stance they are taking.

My dealer told me the same thing, they enter all orders as a 19

34 minutes ago, art_vandelay said:

Almost identical to my order 

I ordered 2/7/22. I got the confirmation email but nothing since. It looks like a lot of Lariats being built right now. Maybe they ran out of Platinum wheels or seats 

I think the standard stuff that come with a plati are being added on with Lariat Ultimate packages ( heated steering wheel, LED lights, adaptive cruise...etc) and from my understanding, that is part of why you can only get certain items added to your order.  For example, you can not build a Lariat with LED lights.  That may be different if you go into the dealer and build one out, but on Fords website you can no longer select certain items. 

I ordered November 16th 2021- 350 Lariat Black package with everything, just got my build week yesterday for April 25th. Should I be excited or wary? Trying to decide when I should sell my current truck.

Thanks

22' Lariat F350 4x4 lb

-Black

-6.7 Powerstroke

-3.31 Electronic locking axle

-5th wheel prep

-Rapid Heat

-Block Heater

-Black and Ultimate packages

Edited by Eville

44 minutes ago, Mchom said:

same story from my dealer.  I understand their position.  I am still undecided if this is a reasonable policy, or just lazy.  But I am scheduled as of yesterday, so it does work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outlaw96669 said:

Sorry for all the quote, but I wanted to give credit to both of you for your answer. Made it easy to decide because if it resets the order date, I really have nothing to lose. 

Thank you both so much.

Off to find a new dealer.

I just wish there was a way to totally cancel my order so they don't get the truck...

The original order date wouldn't make a difference since "Stock" orders don't qualify for price protection. 

2 hours ago, Outlaw96669 said:

One other thing, I got and order confirmation email on 11/19. Does that mean it WAS a retail order and then afterwards they changed my priority code to 20?

It would be pretty stupid to place a retail order for a customer and then change it to a "Stock" order. The stock order will take longer to schedule and won't have price protection. 

1 hour ago, Mchom said:

Priority code "19" is the default priority code for retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. Doing that makes the system treat all the orders the same.   

1 hour ago, art_vandelay said:

Almost identical to my order 

I ordered 2/7/22. I got the confirmation email but nothing since. It looks like a lot of Lariats being built right now. Maybe they ran out of Platinum wheels or seats 

Very close to my order as well

I Ordered on 10/25/2021

Here's my build:

2022 F-350 SWR 4x4 CCLB Platinum - Star White

6.7 PSD

3.31 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio

5th Wheel Prep

FX4 Off-Road

Retractable Tonneau Cover

Spray-in Bedliner

Power Moonroof

Upfitter Switches

397 Amp Dual Alternators

It's a long wait....and yes, I know I have some items that are on "Constraint"

But this is my Last Truck...Got to have the above "Goodies"

Just hope it get built /scheduled soon as I have Vacation Planned with the 5th Wheel in early July.....I need this truck!

50 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

same story from my dealer.  I understand their position.  I am still undecided if this is a reasonable policy, or just lazy.  But I am scheduled as of yesterday, so it does work.

In a word... lazy. If your order got scheduled yesterday, you were lucky. The 19 priority code didn't help. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

59 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It would be pretty stupid to place a retail order for a customer and then change it to a "Stock" order. The stock order will take longer to schedule and won't have price protection. 

I may have pissed them off. Long story short, I changed salesman within the dealership and my old salesman is family to this family owned business. 

At any rate, I now have a new order confirmation date: today.

The sales manager also said he would talk to the regional and try to push mine through as I have already waited 5 months.

Anyway, fingers crossed...

Does anyone know all the options that get installed at GFX or some other offsite supplier?  I understand the 5th wheel prep, bed covers, spray in liners get installed offsite from KTP but are there other options that get installed offsite that could delay builds like wheel well lines, mud flaps, console safe for example?

Thanks

Edited by 787Toolman

12 hours ago, akirby said:

May be?  If you’re going to check out at the grocery store and there are 2 cashiers and one line has 2 people in it and one line has 10 which one will get you checked out faster?  

Answer:  The line I'm not in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

as I have mentioned before no emails from ford.  When I ordered I told the sales guy I did want to be a bother or be a whiner, he told me it was probably a minimum of 4 months from January 8th.  So 2 weeks in I email the sales guy he gives me the vin and order number, so I check the tracker obsessively, pleasantly surprised to see movement, no emails, 4 weeks later it’s in production email the sales guy he tells me scheduled to be built 2/28, will probably have end of March, 2/26 shows built.  3/6 shows shipped, still no email from Ford, email sales guy 4 weeks from the last time and he tells me it’s in Utah with a delivery date of 3/25 to Boise.

Priority 19.

F250 4x4 7.3 CCSB

Lariat value

skid plates

upfitter switches

powersteps

275/70/R18 A/T

carpet delete

heated steering wheel, embarrassing but wow it’s so nice

Star White

was going to get the factory spray in bed liner, but the sales guy said not to because they were seeing it cause delays.

So hopefully sometime next week I take possession.

22 hours ago, Ekdad said:

I ordered a 2022 f250 lariat in January. I have a vin number and a window sticker but the truck has been in production for 2 weeks. Does anybody have any info on what is going on? It says on the tracker it would only take a few days!

new to the forum

I was having the same questions. My build week was 2-28 with a build day of 3-2 but nothing happened and then the plant was closed the first week of March, then, like magic, I got the built email on March 15 and a shipped on the next day. It all happened at once.

Has anyone got an email like this? First thing I have heard since I got my confirmation email on 12/9. I am assuming I am going to be hit hard by commodity restrictions, thinking about taking some stuff off.

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

14174D63-C8E2-41CF-9AB0-B5FFA6D917D7.thumb.jpeg.2dff71251857550ffb1dadd1c3947bfc.jpeg

19 minutes ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone got an email like this? First thing I have heard since I got my confirmation email on 12/9. I am assuming I am going to be hit hard by commodity restrictions, thinking about taking some stuff off.

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

14174D63-C8E2-41CF-9AB0-B5FFA6D917D7.thumb.jpeg.2dff71251857550ffb1dadd1c3947bfc.jpeg

I think they just spammed everyone…I got one for the second truck I have in order that I don’t have a VIN for yet

33 minutes ago, rxwoody said:

Haha. I was literally just about to post the same question. I just got the exact same email about a half hour ago. It is also my first email that I have received from them since my order was first confirmed.

My truck is a F450. Mostly different from yours but I did get the Antimatter Blue and the Console Safe like you. I wonder if one of those is the issue.

I am going to reach out to my dealer tomorrow.