2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, traynoral said:

Yeah that's what I thought at first too. But I got the email last night and mine is an XLT.

I wonder how close ours are configured?

White CC  SB. 7.3 with 4.3 

BASIC XLT, NO POWER SEATS 

BAP

Console front seats

HIGH MOUNT CAMERA

TAILGATE STEP

POWER FOLD MIRRORS 

Really not much over an XL, wanted the Black Appearance package not available on an xl.

Edited by NM04Ford

30 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

FYI... There is no "Title" for a new vehicle. Ford sends a "CO" (Certificate of Origin) to the Dealer which is then sent to the State DMV with the registration application. The State then issues the Title which is sent to the registered owner or lienholder. 

Thanks for the information. That is what he told me. I’ve never received emails directly from Ford. I have to get updates from my dealer or use the ford order tracker . The dealer said he put my email address in so that I could receive notifications, but I’ve never got one….  I’ve checked my junk and spam emails and nothing.  Anyhow hopefully there’s some movement on my build , I ordered in September and had to modify my order to get it in production . 

14 hours ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone got an email like this?

Yep, I got the same email yesterday.

I took it as "Hey, your order is still in our system and we haven't forgotten about you.  Please be patient with us as we navigate these supply obstacles."

That is a step in the right direction.

I have a right to expect a different level of service when I am ordering a truck that costs $80k more than a refrigerator I order from Home Depot.

What would be really nice is an email once a month that says "As of today's date, these are the options that are keeping us from building the truck you ordered."

I don't really expect that.  Ford makes money on upselling. The options I selected on the truck I ordered represents over 25% of the MSRP.

Ford doesn't really want me to start deleting options. 

5 hours ago, rbartee3 said:

Hello gang. I ordered my F-350 25 weeks ago on September 27, 2021. It's SWB, Lariat, 6.7 Diesel.  I am new to this forum. So my question is going to be redundant by I am beyond frustration, especially when I see Lariat orders in January are getting build dates. My dealer only provides BS patronizing to me which I can see straight through. I tried contacting the sales manager or customer relations at the dealer. My call got re-routed back to my salesman who continues to give information that is meaningless.

The latest line of garbage is: my salesman called me this evening to say, "You are going to receive an email from Ford. It is going to say your order will be filled soon (which the email did not say)" He went on to tell me that Ford is now shutting down all future orders for '22 Super Duties so I should receive a build date very soon (which is what he told me in September, and October, and November, and...). He also said that '23 orders will not be taken until December of this year. Then he tells me it is going to take until the end of the year to work through the '22 backlog. I've asked him whether plants are open or not; whether there is a chip shortage affecting my order; can he tell me what parts are delaying my order. As I'm sure other's have experience... absolutely zero customer care and zero reliable, meaningful information.

- Are there other's still out there that order in September or even earlier that are still waiting for build dates and VINs?

- What is reality? Is Ford even building trucks?

- Did Ford really shut down future orders? How does this even help me when I've been waiting for 6 months for a build date and VIN?

- Is it really going to take until the end of the year to work through the back log? I'm afraid I'm not going to see my truck until September, October, or even later this year.

- All I want to know is where I am in line. I can wait in line, but not knowing where I am in line is very frustrating. It's worst than those stupid ques at Disney land where you wind wind wind, think you are close, then turn a corner and there are 7 more layers of winding.

- This whole thing is ridiculous... I am dumbfounded that after two years that US Manufacturers can't pull there heads out of where ever they are stuck and fix all of this. Weren't we the USA at one time. Weren't we the model of Capitalism and Consumption everyone wanted to be??? Silly me for wanting a good work truck for work...

Extremely frustrated... feel alone in this... just needed to vent.

Cheers to any replies. 

Sorry to hear about your dealership experience which unfortunately is shared by many. Many or most dealerships are poor and managing their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and communicating accurate information to their customers. It's a time consuming process to do properly and made more difficult with the tremendous increase in retail order volume. 

The dealership is giving you all BS! Ford has not shut down retail ordering for the 2022 Super Duty and Ford has not yet released the production timeline for the 2023MY. 

• Are there other's still out there that order in September or even earlier that are still waiting for build dates and VINs?
    • Ford is having problems with dozens of suppliers causing extremely long delays in scheduling some vehicles. Scheduling for certain options (5th Wheel Prep, etc.) has been restricted to retail orders only for the remainder of the 2022 Model Year in order to help expedite production of retail orders. 
    • With thousands of variations of vehicle specifications, it's nearly impossible to compare your order delays with other orders that may have been placed and scheduled after yours.  
  • What is reality? Is Ford even building trucks?
    •  Ford is building every truck possible to address the backlog of retail orders. Scheduled production dates are often pushed back due to the supplier issues and interrupted plant operations. 
  • Did Ford really shut down future orders? How does this even help me when I've been waiting for 6 months for a build date and VIN?
    • As noted above, Ford has not stopped taking 2022MY Super Duty orders. 

Sales representatives are often not experienced or knowledgeable enough with the retail order process or have access to the resources available to answer your questions accurately. Don't hesitate to talk directly to the Sales Manger or the individual that manages the dealership's order bank. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

That information is available in Order Change History section of the Vehicle Visibility report if any changes were made to the specifications. 

I don't have a Vin. Can any dealer access that or just the original dealer for that particular order using order code and dealer sales code?

4 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Sorry to read of your frustration.  Maybe listing your truck configuration will help others know what you ordered and which options you selected.  There are a handful of options that have been holding up orders for a long time, AS, spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep are the most notable.  A good dealer knows this and reaches out to the customer and notifies them that if they don't cancel those options, the order might not confirm for 29 or more weeks, that's what my dealer told me almost a month after I ordered on 12/7/2021.  After removing those three options, I got my order confirmation a few days later, now my truck is in production after 5 date slides totaling 6 weeks.

I'd love to know where this 27 or 29-week hold information came from that Dealers are supposedly telling customers and constantly reported. I see all the scheduling and commodity reports and nowhere have I seen such an estimate.   

23 minutes ago, Bob103 said:

Thanks for the information. That is what he told me. I’ve never received emails directly from Ford. I have to get updates from my dealer or use the ford order tracker . The dealer said he put my email address in so that I could receive notifications, but I’ve never got one….  I’ve checked my junk and spam emails and nothing.  Anyhow hopefully there’s some movement on my build , I ordered in September and had to modify my order to get it in production . 

If you've never received any e-mails from Ford, most likely your order was never submitted to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). COVP verified orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling after the Dealer submits your order information, e-mail address, signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License. Your e-mail address should also be attached to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system.

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

40 minutes ago, NM04Ford said:

I wonder how close ours are configured?

White CC  SB. 7.3 with 4.3 

BASIC XLT, NO POWER SEATS 

BAP

Console front seats

HIGH MOUNT CAMERA

TAILGATE STEP

POWER FOLD MIRRORS 

Really not much over an XL, wanted the Black Appearance package not available on an xl.

Sounds like still pretty different. Mine is F450 CC 4X4 Antimatter Blue 6.7  

14 minutes ago, Outlaw96669 said:

Would any Ford employees out there care to look this up for me? I doubt the original dealer will...

You need to have made 15 good posts in order to qualify for tracking assistance at the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees forum. Be sure to read the rules carefully as they are strictly enforced. 

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If you've never received any e-mails from Ford, most likely your order was never submitted to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). COVP verified orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling after the Dealer submits your order information, e-mail address, signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License. Your e-mail address should also be attached to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system.

I did my order on the Ford website. Then went to the dealer, signed buyer agreement, $500 deposit, and also gave them a copy of my license.  Apparently the dealer didn’t enter my email address. He sends me updates that’ he receives from Ford but they say to me from Ford “Dear my name” .  What he sends me looks just like the updates that other forum people are posting here. Apparently he put his email address in there instead of mine. 

27 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I'd love to know where this 27 or 29-week hold information came from that Dealers are supposedly telling customers and constantly reported. I see all the scheduling and commodity reports and nowhere have I seen such an estimate.   

Ice, I searched thru all my email history, I have everything my dealer sent and my replies, I did see one email where my salesman asked me to call him about an issue with my order.  When I called, he told me the delay was 29 weeks according to what Ford told them.  I spoke with the sales manager who actually does all the order entry in Ford's systems, and he also confirmed the delay for the three options.  I had no reason to not believe them so I deleted the options and my order got confirmed a few days later, that was over a month after I placed my order on Dec 7th.  So I guess you're correct, the 29 weeks is not written down but it does seem to coincide with a significant wait if you want 5th wheel prep, AS or spray in liner.  I'll ask my sales manager if he has any correspondence with Ford for the published delays.

30 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

This is what he sent me.

5D8EFDD5-01DC-481F-BDEE-8FA387E97E6E.jpeg

1 hour ago, FirstFord22 said:

@787Toolman for me, I just try to see the positive side to the delays. I don’t need the rig by any specific time, so I just go with the flow… and continue to find more and more ways to spend money on her! ? @JT42 @tcritch3 and @Gharri30 are all bad influences. Between those three alone, I’ve probably already spent close to a grand, and now I’m going to order mud flaps ??‍♂️  ?

But I digress. Now that I’m in production, I at least know that the wheels of progress are turning. Before I canceled my first order I placed in November and placed the new one in February I wasn’t confident I was ever going to see a new rig. So as they say, laughter is the best medicine

Bad influences..... possibly. Good intentions..... definitely. ? Wife keeps telling me I have expensive taste. 

• Haha 1

When I ordered last fall the ford dealer gave me an estimate on what my jeep would be worth if I traded that day.   As of now it's 2,000 more if I trade with my local GMC dealer.    I ordered my truck on 8/24/21 and only have the confirmation email along with the email from last night that some of you received.    With all that is going on in the world right now I really don't see the chip or commodity problem getting resolved anytime soon and it appears it could get worse.   If I had been picked up this past week the production week would have still been early May and if the pushbacks continue it could be June or July build date.  I'm willing to bet I'd be lucky to see my truck in the next 4-6 months.  The good thing is as these trucks continue to get harder to find new on both ford, GM, and Chevy and the used car prices have remained high due to demand.  Fuel prices might hurt some but I'm willing to take that chance.  A jeep won't hold the value of a HD or SD truck.   So, with the 2k better on trade along with the 1000.00 off MSRP GMC is giving me I'm going to take them up on it.  I'm still going to trade the AT4 2500 in on my F350 Plati when it gets here but the chances of me taking beating on the jeep are much greater than on the HD.   Good luck to everyone and I hope we all have our trucks by the Fall of this year.  

Edited by CDUB19

15 hours ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone got an email like this? First thing I have heard since I got my confirmation email on 12/9. I am assuming I am going to be hit hard by commodity restrictions, thinking about taking some stuff off.

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

14174D63-C8E2-41CF-9AB0-B5FFA6D917D7.thumb.jpeg.2dff71251857550ffb1dadd1c3947bfc.jpeg

Add me to the club...

I also received the same email 

I was hoping for a "Scheduled for Production" notice .........got this instead

A change in your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Platinum order_.pdf

2022 F-350 Platinum SRW 4x4 CCLB - Star White

6.7 PSD, with 5th Wheel Prep, Moonroof, Spray in Bedliner, Upfitter Switches, Retractable Tonneau Cover

Order Date: 10/25/2021

15 hours ago, traynoral said:

Haha. I was literally just about to post the same question. I just got the exact same email about a half hour ago. It is also my first email that I have received from them since my order was first confirmed.

My truck is a F450. Mostly different from yours but I did get the Antimatter Blue and the Console Safe like you. I wonder if one of those is the issue.

I am going to reach out to my dealer tomorrow.

F-450's have been taking the longest to get scheduled for a number of months. My F-450 KR ordered in August was just scheduled on Thursday. When did you order?

35 minutes ago, traynoral said:

01/18/22

How many Super Dutys does your dealer have in the USOB, as after 2 months I still wasn't near the top of my dealers list. Even being Priority 1 or 2 since December and at the head of my dealer's queue of SD orders, it still took another 3 months to get scheduled.

Good luck in getting scheduled, but with a F-450 you may have another few months before getting a VIN, as lots of much older F-450 orders are still waiting.

58 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

F-450's have been taking the longest to get scheduled for a number of months. My F-450 KR ordered in August was just scheduled on Thursday. When did you order?

Was it the 450 wheels that were the commodity hold up?