2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, Mister Bill said:

COVP order? The 30-45 day window may not be accurate. All unscheduled COVP orders older than X should have received the email. You may have just missed the cutoff date. 

Nonetheless, the email in itself is meaningless. It is only saying what most everyone already knows, it's going to be an extended wait time before being scheduled.

I’m not sure about the COVP part. I ordered from the dealer with X-plan pricing. Got a 19 priority code and a confirmation of order email about 15 minutes later.  I called dealer this morning and he confirmed still a 19 priority code

24 minutes ago, art_vandelay said:

I’m not sure about the COVP part. I ordered from the dealer with X-plan pricing. Got a 19 priority code and a confirmation of order email about 15 minutes later.  I called dealer this morning and he confirmed still a 19 priority code

X Plan orders are still a retail order and can be registered in the COVP program. Retail orders use priority codes 10-19, with 19 being the default priority code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. The priority code won't change unless the Dealer manually makes the change. 

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

X Plan orders are still a retail order and can be registered in the COVP program. Retail orders use priority codes 10-19, with 19 being the default priority code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. The priority code won't change unless the Dealer manually makes the change. 

Should I request that the order be registered in the COVP program?  And why wouldn’t all dealers change the priorities to a 10 automatically?

I just called and talked to my salesman about removing the fifth wheel prep and bed liner and he called me back saying that when they went in the system it wouldn’t allow them to change anything. He seemed to think that I might be in line to be “in line” to be scheduled? 

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

F-450's have been taking the longest to get scheduled for a number of months. My F-450 KR ordered in August was just scheduled on Thursday. When did you order?

King 250 ordered in August. Still no Vin. It isn’t just 450’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, art_vandelay said:

Should I request that the order be registered in the COVP program?  And why wouldn’t all dealers change the priorities to a 10 automatically?

You shouldn't have to ask the Dealer to register your order in the COVP program. They should have done it as now routine part of the retail order process. The retail priority codes range from 10-19 so that Dealers can assign priority codes in the order that they want the orders considered for scheduling. Dealer that do take the time to manage their order banks will most often assign the priority codes in the order that the orders were placed. The Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive and independent from that of all other dealerships. Assigning priority code 10 to all retail orders would be the same as letting all the retail orders use the default priority code 19. With multiple orders using the same priority code, the system treats them all the same and will schedule the order that most easily meets any commodity restraints. The system is supposed to consider the original order date but I've seen countless times when the order date was passed over because another order was easier to schedule.     

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

You shouldn't have to ask the Dealer to register your order in the COVP program. They should have done it as now routine part of the retail order process. The retail priority codes range from 10-19 so that Dealers can assign priority codes in the order that they want the orders considered for scheduling. Dealer that do take the time to manage their order banks will most often assign the priority codes in the order that the orders were placed. The Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive and independent from that of all other dealerships. Assigning priority code 10 to all retail orders would be the same as letting all the retail orders use the default priority code 19. With multiple orders using the same priority code, the system treats them all the same and will schedule the order that most easily meets any commodity restraints. The system is supposed to consider the original order date but I've seen countless times when the order date was passed over because another order was easier to schedule.     

Ok, I should ask if they have registered it as COVP then

51 minutes ago, rxwoody said:

I just called and talked to my salesman about removing the fifth wheel prep and bed liner and he called me back saying that when they went in the system it wouldn’t allow them to change anything. He seemed to think that I might be in line to be “in line” to be scheduled? 

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

They wouldn't know that until the next week when the AM Preview Scheduling Reports are first available on Tuesday. It's possible that Ford may be blocking the change for a pending priority code change or other action, but it sounds more like the Dealer is probably telling you what they think you want to hear. 

I just happened to pull up the motorcraft site, and I finally have codes there under the BCE Module column. Finally things are moving along. Been in production on the tracker since 3/4. F250 Platinum CCLB F&R wheel well liners. NO as, 5th wheel prep, spray in bed liner, or tonneau. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

They wouldn't know that until the next week when the AM Preview Scheduling Reports are first available on Tuesday. It's possible that Ford may be blocking the change for a pending priority code change or other action, but it sounds more like the Dealer is probably telling you what they think you want to hear. 

I thought it sounded a little funny based on what I have read on this forum but my salesman was the one who told me to call him and suggested I try changing it. We are pretty tight, he did admit to me though that he doesn’t read most of the reports that the sales manager sends to him so he could be under-informed about the process.  He is frustrated because he wants to sell trucks and some people have literally been making threatening/violent comments to him recently. He said he was going to follow up with me Tuesday when they get the am preview and let me know. Ultimately I ordered on 12/9 so I know others have ordered well before me and are in the same boat while others have ordered after and are getting delivered or at least scheduled. I think I am just getting excited with the break in the weather in upstate ny right now. 

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

I just happened to pull up the motorcraft site, and I finally have codes there under the BCE Module column. Finally things are moving along. Been in production on the tracker since 3/4. F250 Platinum CCLB F&R wheel well liners. NO as, 5th wheel prep, spray in bed liner, or tonneau. 

I got the built email 1 day after my codes appeared. Probably random but fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

How many Super Dutys does your dealer have in the USOB, as after 2 months I still wasn't near the top of my dealers list. Even being Priority 1 or 2 since December and at the head of my dealer's queue of SD orders, it still took another 3 months to get scheduled.

Good luck in getting scheduled, but with a F-450 you may have another few months before getting a VIN, as lots of much older F-450 orders are still waiting.

I’m supposedly number 1 out of 75. Had an order since August still no VIN. No idea of allocation 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Ice, will next Tuesdays preview show the allocations for April?

Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

Ice, will next Tuesdays preview show the allocations for April?

Thanks 

The previews are a preview of orders selected for scheduling and those not selected. For those not previewing as selected for scheduling, it shows any applicable commodity restraints, plant constraints and additional information. For vehicle lines without regular allocation, those orders will show no commodity restraints information. The actual allocation information is proprietary information for each dealership and shown only in the Weekly Allocation Report which will not be disclosed.  

19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The previews are a preview of orders selected for scheduling and those not selected. For those not previewing as selected for scheduling, it shows any applicable commodity restraints, plant constraints and additional information. For vehicle lines without regular allocation, those orders will show no commodity restraints information. The actual allocation information is proprietary information for each dealership and shown only in the Weekly Allocation Report which will not be disclosed.  

Thanks Ice, so on my King Ranch order, ( I’m the oldest order from my dealer) and supposedly number 1 out of 75 orders, if the moonroof, Adaptive Cruise, mudflats, wheel well liners, or King Ranch Ultimate Package were one of the restraints, they would/might be able to tell me what is holding up my order? It is a COVP order.

Thanks for any suggestions I might none able to ask.

Much appreciate everything you do!,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JT42 said:

1 hour ago, JT42 said:
2 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

I got the built email 1 day after my codes appeared. Probably random but fingers crossed for you. 

Would someone please post a link to the site where we can search for these codes. I tried searching for BCE, then Motorcraft, but came up empty. 

Thank you in advance for helping. 

Edited by Late Apex 61

4 hours ago, KSC502 said:

Was it the 450 wheels that were the commodity hold up?

Affirmative, when Ice-Capades provided the commodity restraints, the 19.5" wheel were listed a number of times, as was the dually box. Both of those are standard with no options.

Lots of others as well, including 5th wheel prep and lots of others that weren't listed.

A few weeks I had 3 or 4 of the listed commodity restraints, hence the long wait for scheduling.

Edited by Rangers09