2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

After my little overnight rant (thanks for indulging me) a couple of you asked what my order is:

Ordered 9/27/2021 - COVP Approved; Supposedly I was upgraded to Priority 2 in January. If true, I've been Priority 2 for 3 months.

F-350 Lariat Carbonized Gray

Crew Cab

6'9" Bed

6.7L Power Stroke

4x4

3.31 Elec Locking 

FX4

Ultimate Trailer Tow

Heavy Front Suspension

Black Appearance Package

Lariat Ultimate Package

11,400 SRW

5th Wheel / Goose Neck Prep

Goose Neck Hitch

397 Amp Alternator

I have not read every message in this thread... but I'm afraid I hit every highlight in the commodity issues??? Right???? I'm at 6 months... maybe I'll get lucky and see my truck on September 27, 2022 exactly one year after my order??? Again, I'm just flabbergasted that after 2 years of this nonsense US Manufacturers can't figure their way out of a wet paper bag. Someone is making a ton of money off these supply chain issues otherwise they'd already be resolved...

Edited by rbartee3

Question for Ice-Capades

New to this Forum as far as posting goes. My question is for Ice. Ice, you seem to be on the money as far as knowing what’s going on in all things Fords. I read your post a couple of weeks back about the BAP package being offered without the Spray-In Bed Liner. I got ahold of my dealership and at first he couldn’t switch it but then a week later when I was on the phone with him he suddenly said he got it to take and all’s good. I never received a confirmation from Ford just this ordering document from the dealership. Is he blowing smoke up my ^ss? 

B3E8C912-34F7-4BAF-B033-5BF0D833B994.jpeg

Edited by MidwestPatriot79
Name delete
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MidwestPatriot79 said:

Question for Ice-Capades

New to this Forum as far as posting goes. My question is for Ice. Ice, you seem to be on the money as far as knowing what’s going on in all things Fords. I read your post a couple of weeks back about the BAP package being offered without the Spray-In Bed Liner. I got ahold of my dealership and at first he couldn’t switch it but then a week later when I was in the phone with him he suddenly said he got it to take and all’s good. I never received a confirmation from Ford just this ordering document from the dealership. Is he blowing smoke up my ^ss? 

2CB6C08E-4C17-4425-9337-488C2A2FF6B1.png

The WBDO Preview clearly shows the Black Appearance Package without Spray-In Bedliner (17M) so you should be good. If you've never received e-mails from Ford, you should make sure the Dealer attaches your e-mail address to the order in WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and has submitted your order information with your signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License for registration in the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. You might also want to ask them how many unscheduled Super Dity retail orders are ahead of you and whether they can assign a lower priority code for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The WBDO Preview clearly shows the Black Appearance Package without Spray-In Bedliner (17M) so you should be good. If you've never received e-mails from Ford, you should make sure the Dealer attaches your e-mail address to the order in WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and has submitted your order information with your signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License for registration in the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. You might also want to ask them how many unscheduled Super Dity retail orders are ahead of you and whether they can assign a lower priority code for you. 

Hey I ice I have a question for you

I ordered a 6.7 super crew BAP lariat value pack

12/20

priority 10

dealer allocation is 10

0 on lot 1 in front of my order 

what could be my hold up? 

guy ordered same as my truck March 9 and is already scheduled for production (don’t know where he’s located) 

5 hours ago, Pauljbouda said:

For those that have already received their trucks…how long did your truck sit in the Louisville Rail Yard prior to movement?

Not 100% certain, but I'd say less than a week. It was in production Feb 5 and then in Illinois on the 15th.

6 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

I just happened to pull up the motorcraft site, and I finally have codes there under the BCE Module column. Finally things are moving along. Been in production on the tracker since 3/4. F250 Platinum CCLB F&R wheel well liners. NO as, 5th wheel prep, spray in bed liner, or tonneau. 

I’m obsessed @HarryTaint I literally check that site every day

2 hours ago, EB1959 said:

Curious about something.  At what point during a build does a truck get the 5th wheel prep package added on?  My truck is waiting for shipment, says it's built and will be shipped between 3/30 and 4/7.

Thanks!

When the truck is completed it goes to a nearby facility that installs the 5th wheel prep, tonneau covers, bed liners and other accessory type items.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PineNut said:

When the truck is completed it goes to a nearby facility that installs the 5th wheel prep, tonneau covers, bed liners and other accessory type items.  

Does Ford say a truck is Built before or after the extra offsite options are added?

17 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

What's your best guess?  I'd assume they wouldn't say "built" until everything on the build sheet has been completed or installed.

Makes sense to me that the truck is not ‘built’ until it’s released to shiip.

15 minutes ago, PineNut said:

Makes sense to me that the truck is not ‘built’ until it’s released to shiip.

Except on the movie "Cannon Ball Run" where Jackie Chan and co-driver opened the hood of their Subaru and the assembler was still under the hood putting parts on the car, LOL...

image.png.0e879ce46c76aa6776e3f59628a88f05.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EB1959 said:

Curious about something.  At what point during a build does a truck get the 5th wheel prep package added on?  My truck is waiting for shipment, says it's built and will be shipped between 3/30 and 4/7.

Thanks!

When it is built, they take them across the street to Ground Effects (GFX) for the 5th wheel prep installation.

33 minutes ago, MidwestPatriot79 said:

Does anyone know if Ford is scheduling builds this coming week? 

Affirmative, Super Dutys will be scheduled for week of 2nd May.

Ice Capades posts this information every week in the Production & Sales Board. He posted next week's scheduling info yesterday.

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Do you know if it’s possible for my dealer to add that package to my truck after I’ve received a build date and VIN or am I out of luck? The order has been in since last July and the dealer removed the BAP and fifth wheel prep to get it scheduled. But I’d really like the BAP if it’s possible to add it. 

Does the Ford order tracker not work on Sunday or is it maybe down for maintenance?  I can't track my order today; it says I need to enter a valid order number/VIN despite the same numbers working last night.  Never mind, it's working now, must have been conducting maintenance.

Does production at KTP continue on every day of a week or only Monday-Friday and do they operate three shifts?

Edited by 787Toolman
Tracker working now

2 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Does the Ford order tracker not work on Sunday or is it maybe down for maintenance?  I can't track my order today; it says I need to enter a valid order number/VIN despite the same numbers working last night.  Never mind, it's working now, must have been conducting maintenance.

Does production at KTP continue on every day of a week or only Monday-Friday and do they operate three shifts?

Based on production dates on the old spreadsheet posted on the FTE Forum, the plant does work Sat & Sun, if they have sufficient parts available.

• Thanks 1