2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

28 minutes ago, waloud said:

Yes we are

Yes, they are definitely building KRs, mine was built yesterday so the wait is almost over, just need to ship it and receive it.

I never got a date to show up under "in production" but rather after it's built, it showed the date of 3/22 in both "in production" and "built" this morning but no big deal.  Since I saw the BCE codes on Motorcraft's as built site yesterday, I knew it was being built.  They estimate it will be delivered to the dealer between April 3rd-9th.  My sales manager said it will come via rail from KY to SC, then gets loaded on a car carrier in Columbia SC and travels to coast.  I noticed there is information on the email that is not included with the tracker like the ship date estimate.  I also noticed that if you go to tracker on your phone, then go to tracker on PC, it will still show in production on the PC while the phone shows dates for both in production and built.  I guess it maybe only allows you to access the updated info one session at a time, this could maybe explain why we see different info at the same time in two different screens, oh well I don't know.  The email from Ford came in at 4:07am on 3/23/2022.  When I first went to the tracker this morning, it showed as built with dates on both "in production" and "built", now when I go to it, it says "in production" with no date, lol so now I can't show that screen.

Order was confirmed on 12/29/2021, built on 3/22/2022, approximately 3 months from time of order, not too shabby, my build sheet with options is in my signature.

A final observation, I have this weird thing that happens all the time, my lucky number since I was a young man is 11, it shows up all over the place almost every day on clocks as 11:11.  This truck was built on 3/22/22, oddly enough, that adds to 11, I'm just saying this never goes away.  So far, nothing bad ever happens when I notice those numbers, hopefully that remains to be the case.

image.png.8fcc5daee85a2fefa56a43785eba9f1c.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, Automotive News articles are behind a paywall and can't be viewed without a subscription. 

Ford still hasn't posted anything at the FMCDealer.com portal and may still be working on whatever the plan will be. If they go forward with it, expect it to be another mess with logistics, tracking, monitoring, etc. 

10 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Ice, I spoke with my sales manager at my Ford dealer, he said Ford did provide written confirmation that 5th wheel prep was a significant delay up to 29 weeks but that the notice stated in bold red letters to not share the details outside the dealer network, so, I only stated what delay they passed on to me.  If I understand you correctly, the only part you questioned was how long the delay was associated with 5th wheel prep, and not that it's a problem commodity with significant delay of which many others are listed.  Unfortunately, I cannot provide the proof you requested.  

I understand. I see all that information and just can't recall ever seeing the delay estimate stated in such specific terms for retail orders. Usually, delay estimates stated with specific timeframes that long are issued and applicable to fleet orders only. Even so, it's possible I just missed the retail delay notice.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

7 hours ago, Nutz said:

Things to find out from your dealer - how many trucks do they have on order,  and where is your truck on that list. Also ask to have your priority code changed to a more favorable number (better than a 19).

‘Wish I knew about asking the dealer about their orders before I chose the one I did. Ordered on 12/21, currently 29 on their list of 60 ?

@ice-capades, is a list like that easy for a dealer to see?  I.e. you are 44 out of 200 in line?

20 minutes ago, clark98ut said:

@ice-capades, is a list like that easy for a dealer to see?  I.e. you are 44 out of 200 in line?

Of course! There are several places and/or reports where a Dealer can extract retail order information but it also depends on how a Dealer manages their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), how they assign retail order numbers, etc. The easiest way is for the Dealer to set up and maintain a spreadsheet listing all retail order information (Order Date, Order Number, Vehicle Model, Customer Name, Order Status) that can then be sorted by the desired display. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, akirby said:

I think that’s different than than the previous proposal which was to ship them incomplete and have dealers install modules before selling them.  The latest report says they’ll sell them without certain features and activate them later.

I think so too which would probably make things easier. We'll see!

32 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, Automotive News articles are behind a paywall and can't be viewed without a subscription. 

Ford still hasn't posted anything at the FMCDealer.com portal and may still be working on whatever the plan will be. If they go forward with it, expect it to be another mess with logistics, tracking, monitoring, etc. 

I'm starting to see window stickers with this "option" on it, Rear Auxiliary Controls Credit ($50), I wonder if this is just missing the chip, to be installed later, or a complete deletion of the rear controls?

HRG

Explorer credit.JPG

18 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm starting to see window stickers with this "option" on it, Rear Auxiliary Controls Credit ($50), I wonder if this is just missing the chip, to be installed later, or a complete deletion of the rear controls?

HRG

Explorer credit.JPG

Ford pays you to delete auto start stop! Nice!!!

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

Explorer credit.JPG

It's something new that Ford notified Dealers about March 11th for Explorers being built after February 28th. A matching color trim cover will be installed where the 2nd row climate controls are designed to be installed. Full functionality of 2nd row climate will be retained via controls within the 1st row climate controls. The 2nd row parts are projected to be available 6-9 months after delivery and will be provided at no additional cost to the customer. 

On Timberline, Limited, ST (401A), Platinum & King Ranch the 2nd row functionality will be unavailable until the 2nd row climate controls are installed.

• $100 Credit
Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

15 hours ago, kfford said:

I ordered 350 KR Shortbed SW w/ACruise,5W and wheel well liners in late Nov. Nothing to date. Did you get aVIN yet?

Kfford - nothing yet. No vin. No production date. nada. I hope it's soon. I will post when I hear anything positive.

14 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

Built on the 4th shipped on the 9th…… 

waiting patiently….. ok just waiting no news 

06DAA7E3-0D78-4C34-A819-C87F61CF7048.png

The latest update from Ford, My original est. delivery date was 3/18-3/24 I just got off the phone my new est. delivery date is 4/3...... i think they have issues they're not telling me.  But they did say they do not see a chip hold but could not verify if anything else was holding it up.... 

Well my truck is finally at the dealer! 15 days earlier than the ETA. They are adding a few items (level kit, wheels/tires, Tremor air dam, etc.) so I likely won't pick up until next Friday (work trip in between, killing me to wait that long knowing its there and will be ready earlier). Here's my timeline:

Ordered 9/3/21

Added tonneau cover 10/15/21 (I don't think this was a commodity issue at the time, but I wanted it anyway so I stuck with it throughout)

Dropped spray in bedliner 12/1/21 (other than the tonneau cover, this was my only commodity issue I was aware of)

Schedule to week email: 1/13/22 for week of 2/14/22

Never got an email but scheduled to day for 2/18/22 at some point before 1/27/22 (thanks cyberdman)

Built on 2/18/22, moved to upfitter (GFX) for tonneau cover

Shipping Email on 3/10/22 (sat at the upfitter for while)

Arrived in Memphis railyard 3/17/22 with ETA of 4/6/22 to dealer 100 miles away

Dealer texts me at 10:30AM yesterday, 3/22/22 with a picture of it sitting at his lot!

Ordered from Cannon Ford in Cleveland MS. Can't say enough good things about them. They've been super helpful, extremely fair, and have kept me updated with the status throughout. I don't know about my initial priority code, never really knew to ask until I started exploring here, but I did ask in mid November and dealer confirmed he had gotten it moved up to 02 which seems pretty quick for my order date so I really appreciated that.

F250.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

It's something new that Ford notified Dealers about March 11th for Explorers being built after February 28th. A matching color trim cover will be installed where the 2nd row climate controls are designed to be installed. Full functionality of 2nd row climate will be retained via controls within the 1st row climate controls. The 2nd row parts are projected to be available 6-9 months after delivery and will be provided at no additional cost to the customer. 

The SO has the controls credit listed on her window sticker for her upcoming Explorer. Will Ford automatically arrange for the addition (when available)  or does the buyer have to request it?

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks!  HRG

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChuckDiesel said:

Well my truck is finally at the dealer! 15 days earlier than the ETA. They are adding a few items (level kit, wheels/tires, Tremor air dam, etc.) so I likely won't pick up until next Friday (work trip in between, killing me to wait that long knowing its there and will be ready earlier). Here's my timeline:

Ordered from Cannon Ford in Cleveland MS. Can't say enough good things about them. They've been super helpful, extremely fair, and have kept me updated with the status throughout. I don't know about my initial priority code, never really knew to ask until I started exploring here, but I did ask in mid November and dealer confirmed he had gotten it moved up to 02 which seems pretty quick for my order date so I really appreciated that.

Congratulations on the dealership experience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, westernsky said:

The SO has the controls credit listed on her window sticker for her upcoming Explorer. Will Ford automatically arrange for the addition (when available)  or does the buyer have to request it?

The customer will be notified when the parts are available. Ford should automatically ship the parts automatically when they're available. 

20 minutes ago, Oldchevyguy said:

It looks like some folks are being scheduled for production on days other than Thursdays.   Does this mean that the bulk of the scheduling occurs on Thursday and then the random scheduling fills in the gaps?

Regular scheduling is done on Thursdays for orders using regular allocation. COVP verified orders with incremental allocation can be scheduled at any time. 

Has anyone else been told by their dealer they are unable to bump priority from anything less than 19? My dealer told me this morning that it’s out of their hands and it’s completely up to Ford corporate. I mentioned they should have the ability to bump it to a 10, but he circled back to the same talking points. I couldn’t get any details on how many SD orders they have either as this wasn’t easily accessible.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I’m about 4.5 months in, so jumping to another dealership isn’t ideal. 

A quick question on the production process.  I have a date (21 March) under In Production on the tracker. I know it needs to go across the street for mud flaps, wheel well liners, and the bed step.  Does that happen before or after I see a date under Built on my tracker? 
Thanks,

Joe