2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

21 minutes ago, EB1959 said:

Our dealer told us they do ANY talk about price till the truck is delivered, so I doubt we'll even see the price when we ordered.  The sales manager is handling our order, and he can't even bother to call us during this whole ordeal to let us know what's going on.  Glad you have an honest dealer. 

Why would you allow them to do that?  You should have found another dealer.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Scooter 1918 said:

Nope - Lariat 250 7.3 ordered on 12/24, confirmed 12/29. Removed commodity restrained items, Fifth wheel, Bedliner on 1/12.    Email received this past Saturday others look to have gotten showing a delay w/ no ETA for scheduling.  

At least you got a second email, lol. I didn't get the delay email at all. I called Ford juuuuuust to see what they showed for my order and the lady at Customer Service said it was "in processing", whatever that means haha. 

23 minutes ago, EB1959 said:

Our dealer told us they do ANY talk about price till the truck is delivered, so I doubt we'll even see the price when we ordered.  The sales manager is handling our order, and he can't even bother to call us during this whole ordeal to let us know what's going on.

Unfortunately, you're doing business with the wrong Dealer. You might as well hand them a blank check by not having a signed sales agreement with all the terms of the transaction.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tcritch3 said:

For anyone that has ordered one of these trucks back when dealer lots were full, how long would a build like this normally take?

My 2013 F-350 SRW was delivered in about 12 weeks & the 2016 F-350 DRW was delivered in about 10 weeks to Metro Vancouver.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EB1959 said:

Our dealer told us they do ANY talk about price till the truck is delivered, so I doubt we'll even see the price when we ordered.  The sales manager is handling our order, and he can't even bother to call us during this whole ordeal to let us know what's going on.  Glad you have an honest dealer. 

Prior to submitting an order, the dealer wouldn't discuss price? OMG, I would have been straight out the door looking for the next dealer.

Why did you order from them. I have a signed document showing to the penny, how much I owe the dealer after the truck arrives, with the price including all taxes & fees. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rxwoody said:

Same, ordered Platinum Tremor 12/9 with confirmation email the same day and the delay email last week. Still waiting to be scheduled. It would at least be nice to have a vin so I could check the tracker instead of feeling like I am in limbo. 

I'm now sitting at 28 weeks waiting for a Lariat Tremor. Still no VIN. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajadrifter said:

I ordered an F-250 Lariat on Jan. 5th and last week I received an email from Ford saying that they are sorry but they have no idea when my truck will be scheduled for production.  I  have no idea if the dealer (Capital Ford in Charlotte) has the allocation, or even if this matters on retail customer orders.  In any event, I am pretty frustrated with the situation.  I asked my dealer if certain options could be slowing the process and he said that he was aware of any.

Ford email: 

Thanks again for placing your 2022 Super Duty F-250 Lariat order. While we’ve been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we’ve run into a few delays.
Sometimes certain features or options can lengthen the time before a vehicle is scheduled for production.
We know there’s a lot of anticipation when it comes to getting into a new vehicle, so we’ll make sure to keep you updated. Once your vehicle is ready to move into the production schedule, you’ll be hearing from us again.

My build:

F-250 Lariat

crew Cab

6 3/4'’ bed

Bucket seats/console

camper package

front and rear wheel well liners

spray in bed liner

4.3 axle ratio

7.3 gas engine

Carbonized Grey color

Black Onyx interior color

4x4

bed step

Supposedly that email went out to all ford customers with outstanding orders. So I don’t think there is much significance.

Not much help, but maybe it’s them trying to communicate on some level which I think is a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PDT818 said:

At least you got a second email, lol. I didn't get the delay email at all. I called Ford juuuuuust to see what they showed for my order and the lady at Customer Service said it was "in processing", whatever that means haha. 

?The waiting is the hardest part! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Prior to submitting an order, the dealer wouldn't discuss price? OMG, I would have been straight out the door looking for the next dealer.

Why did you order from them. I have a signed document showing to the penny, how much I owe the dealer after the truck arrives, with the price including all taxes & fees. 

We were told all that happens after it arrives.  I did as much research as I could before ordering but like everything, if hindsight was 2020 ya know.  We've never ordered a new vehicle before, so we'll have to wait and see.  Of course, I already have a letter typed out to send the both Ford customer service and the dealership owner should the need arise.

2 hours ago, PineNut said:

I ordered Jan 19th.

Don't take the 'sorry it's taking so long' email personally, thousands of us received the same email.

The spray in bed liner is a well known hold up that your dealer should be well aware of.  Once the truck comes off the line it goes to GFX for installation of the bed liner and wheel well liners.  Deleting those options would eliminate the trip to GFX and may increase your odds of being scheduled sooner.  A lot of people have chosen to delete those from thier builds as they are easily done after delivery.

Hang in there, our turn will come!

So, this has been on my mind a little bit lately.  I have the wheel well liners, all weather floor mats, cab lights, and I think the block heater as my only add ons for my Platinum. I removed 5th wheel prep, spray in bedliner, and adaptive steering. Would removing any of these help my chances of getting through the hoop faster?

1 hour ago, EB1959 said:

We were told all that happens after it arrives.  I did as much research as I could before ordering but like everything, if hindsight was 2020 ya know.  We've never ordered a new vehicle before, so we'll have to wait and see.  Of course, I already have a letter typed out to send the both Ford customer service and the dealership owner should the need arise.

Wow, that's incredible. Personally, with what you know now, I would be cancelling the order and finding a reputable dealer.

Yes, you have already waited 5-months, but once the truck is delivered you have no guarantee the dealer will be reasonable on pricing. Once delivered, they hold all the cards.

Good luck on getting a new truck at an acceptable price.

1 hour ago, EB1959 said:

We were told all that happens after it arrives. 

Well they’re not wrong if that’s how they choose to do business, but that’s not how you should do it.  You’ll almost certainly get hit with a $5K or $10k markup and there really isn’t anything Ford can do about that because you never agreed on a price.  If they were going to sell it to you at MSRP then they would have told you that up front.  It’s sleazy but not illegal.  Live and learn.  You can wait it out and hope for the best or find a better dealer that will give you the price in writing and start over.

6 hours ago, Pauljbouda said:

Mine was built 3/15…got my shipped email 3/17…but train didn’t leave Louisville Station till 3/20…train car is NS 171097

if you haven’t asked Cyberdman for an update recently he will provide rail information if it’s listed…just don’t specifically ask for rail info

I was able to track my train car. Said it is due in Jacksonville on March 27th.

Our new truck was ordered 12/27, received the VIN and WS on 3/15 and notified that it was in production.  Status changed to Built on 3/22 and waiting to ship on 3/23.  Starting to get real excited, but this next few weeks is going to kill me!

F-250 XLT

Crew Cab

6 3/4'’ bed

Bucket seats/console

Snow Plow Prep

FX4

Rear Slider

Dual Panel Moonroof

Navigation

Dual alternators

Dual Batteries

Upfitter switches

Remote start

3.55 axle ratio

7.3 gas engine

Iconic Silver exterior

Medium Earth Gray interior

4x4

8 hours ago, Wolf1 said:

Mine should be built today. I'm going to wear out the tracker site!

Today is my build date as well. 

So far today I’ve only checked 4 or 5 times. No changes to the Tracker Site (still no date shown under Production Status) and no BCE codes either. 

Ordered on 10/26. Been fairly calm about things until the status changed to Production last week, and I started seeing movement from others scheduled for this week as well. 

C’mon truck!!!

Edited by Late Apex 61

6 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

For anyone that has ordered one of these trucks back when dealer lots were full, how long would a build like this normally take?

I ordered an F350 7.3  back on 8/11/20. Not really normal during the time, but I did not take delivery until 11/12/20. 

• Like 1

I checked with my dealer today.  My order has a status of unscheduled/clean.    Does this mean that there are no restrictions on my order?     Or does it mean that there have been no attempts to schedule it yet?   I am just trying to figure out if it is good news that it is "clean" or does that really mean anything.

28 minutes ago, Oldchevyguy said:

I checked with my dealer today.  My order has a status of unscheduled/clean.    Does this mean that there are no restrictions on my order?     Or does it mean that there have been no attempts to schedule it yet?   I am just trying to figure out if it is good news that it is "clean" or does that really mean anything.

It means you have a valid order with no irregularities.  Your order is in the 'pool' with all the other orders to get scheduled when the order priority and parts availability permit.