2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, JC2014 said:

Well today was supposed to be my build date. It doesn't look like it's going to happen. How depressing. Anybody else that today was to be the day and got shot down.

Mine was supposed to be Friday the 25th. Was in the mountains without cell service all weekend hoping to have news it was in production or built coming out of the mountains. Got nothing. Maybe tomorrow?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JC2014 said:

Well today was supposed to be my build date. It doesn't look like it's going to happen. How depressing. Anybody else that today was to be the day and got shot down.

My build day is tomorrow, hang in there. We won't be depressed when we get our trucks ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, F250less said:

My build day is tomorrow, hang in there. We won't be depressed when we get our trucks ?

Something interesting, Cyberdman said that I had no change in status it doesn't look like production started yet. The ford tracking system is not working for me. But when I go to Fordserviceinfo all of the module codes show up, I think that means that it is built or moving along through the build process don't know for sure. Anyone with more knowledge about the module data I'd love to hear your opinion.

On 3/26/2022 at 8:51 PM, 787Toolman said:

Thanks for the build details man, that's a nice bed setup, when you fill up that tank you will be cussing someone but I won't say who, gets me in trouble with the moderators, lol.  I think I will do a mat too since couldn't get spray in liner at KTP but I'll decide after I take ownership in a few weeks.  So is 28% what it allows to pass?  I thought 28% is super dark, if that is the case, isn't it hard to see at night?  I'm thinking I'll go with 35% light pass.  I drove my 2017 with no front window tint, kind of feels like your driving with no clothes on, haha.  Everyone else, even the cops have super dark tint and can't even tell if someone is driving or not.

I live in VA and to my knowledge, you could spray paint the back glass and the two rear passenger windows if you wanted lol. The front 2 and windshield are the ones that matter. This is just my understanding though and I know different states are different haha. I have 5% ceramic wrapped around the back and 10% on the front two with nothing on the windshield. Very illegal but no problems yet. Illegal tint is more common I think nowadays and unless you run into the wrong cop I don't think they will mess with you too much. However, if you are hooking up 5th wheels or goosenecks frequently (I have never), I don't think you will want anything super dark as it obviously is going to make it harder to see. ALTHOUGH, with the new camera systems on these trucks I don't think it will really matter. Furthermore, if you get dark tint ensure that it is high-quality ceramic. I have ceramic but I don't think that it is super high quality. I like the dark, but sometimes it would be nice to see at night lol, and the really high-quality ceramic is supposed to be very easy to see out of I know when it's dark out in a dark area I can only see headlights, that's how I know if there is a car coming lol. Even with 10% I can't make out the vehicle shape. Personally, I will keep this tint set up and may even go 5% all the way around and 35% on the windshield but that is totally personal preference. I also have a flag decal across my back windshield and have essentially made my back windshield unusable, however, the tow mirrors are all I need to see and I'm not hooking up those big trailers in an F-150 so it doesn't really matter to me. I do get a little nervous when its dark and I cant see a trailer behind me but I don't think getting rid of the tint would help and again with the new cameras in the 2022 I think you'll have plenty of resources. Other consideration to think of is that you can't show people how you feel about their driving with super dark tint, not a big deal but is frustrating at times lol. Also looking forward to seeing your truck come in I know ours are similar so ill be keeping an eye out. Hoping to be scheduled next month myself!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 7.3-4-me said:

You'd think they would of shipped to dealer, then dealer just replaced wiper motor. Good for you'll a new ride soon anyway. The wait is brutal.

That would be nice if they did it that way. Probably would get done faster at the dealership. It’s been two weeks waiting on a wiper motor. Hopefully this week it will get shipped. 6 hours to Michigan. 

1 hour ago, JC2014 said:

Something interesting, Cyberdman said that I had no change in status it doesn't look like production started yet. The ford tracking system is not working for me. But when I go to Fordserviceinfo all of the module codes show up, I think that means that it is built or moving along through the build process don't know for sure. Anyone with more knowledge about the module data I'd love to hear your opinion.

Mine started in the Trim Shop last night, and this morning, all my module codes finally appeared.  I think if you are seeing those codes, then you are at least as far along as I am.  Mine should be done today, then off for spray-in bed liner and tonneau cover.  Then hopefully shipped fairly quickly.

21 minutes ago, ButlerDan said:

Mine started in the Trim Shop last night, and this morning, all my module codes finally appeared.  I think if you are seeing those codes, then you are at least as far along as I am.  Mine should be done today, then off for spray-in bed liner and tonneau cover.  Then hopefully shipped fairly quickly.

Mine has to get the 5th wheel prep, so i have to go across the street also. Is the tracker working for you?

Edited by JC2014
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JC2014 said:

Same problem here. Ford dealer said it’s been built for several weeks but awaiting parts. It looks like it has most of the modules. I can’t get any updates from my dealer, they always tell me that they receive updates on Thursday. After multiple attempts to get direct emails from Ford , I’ve finally just give up and will wait. The dealer showed me where he added my email address to the order and it’s correct…. Don’t understand why I’m not getting emails from Ford.

Still waiting… no emails from Ford after confirming that my correct email address was entered by my dealer.  I was told that my truck was built several weeks ago but awaiting parts. Every time I call my salesman, he said they don’t get updates until Thursday of each week. I’ve been buying vehicles from this dealership for 30 years and usually buy a  new vehicle every year or two. This is been the most frustrating experience….been waiting since July 2021. We’ve modified my order several times hoping to get an actual build date. Finally after taking off a lot of add ons, we got a build date in February.

still waiting in the dark…..

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Upon receipt, if not sooner. I'm not sure what the current process is. And this is important to know, because?

It's about a certain dealer not wanting to honor price protection because they don't want to have to carry the difference on the books for the 4-6 weeks they claim it takes Ford to reimburse them. I asked, because if they had 30 days or so to make payment, they would only be carrying the amount for days, not weeks. 

I have read all you have posted on price protection, but unfortunately, some of us did not choose our dealer wisely in hindsight. The goal post of what defines "automatically price protected" is forever moving with a certain dealer. This dealer is refusing to budge on filing whatever is necessary to honor the price protection. The attitude is whatever Ford invoices them is the final price, and if Ford takes it upon themself to reimburse you, so be it, but they are not going to spend manpower to honor it. The checks in the mail, so to speak. 

I was just picking your brain for a solution that doesn't seem to exist. Thank you. 

53 minutes ago, Mister Bill said:

It's about a certain dealer not wanting to honor price protection because they don't want to have to carry the difference on the books for the 4-6 weeks they claim it takes Ford to reimburse them. I asked, because if they had 30 days or so to make payment, they would only be carrying the amount for days, not weeks. 

I have read all you have posted on price protection, but unfortunately, some of us did not choose our dealer wisely in hindsight. The goal post of what defines "automatically price protected" is forever moving with a certain dealer. This dealer is refusing to budge on filing whatever is necessary to honor the price protection. The attitude is whatever Ford invoices them is the final price, and if Ford takes it upon themself to reimburse you, so be it, but they are not going to spend manpower to honor it. The checks in the mail, so to speak. 

I was just picking your brain for a solution that doesn't seem to exist. Thank you. 

The Dealer can file the claim with Ford and have the check sent directly to you for the price protection credit. 

Edited by ice-capades

40 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Dealer can file the claim with Ford and have the check sent directly to you for the price protection credit. 

Understood. The feedback I am receiving is the dealer will not provide the manpower to file for or to follow up on any price protection claims. The dealer principle is basically saying if Ford doesn't send the reimbursement automatically, they are not going to provide the ink in the pen to file for it. Unfortunately, far more buyers than not are accepting the practice shrugging their shoulders saying "wacha gonna do" and go through with the purchase at the higher pricing. It's difficult to garner much leverage under these conditions. 

Thank you again for all you do here. It is appreciated. 

Edited by Mister Bill
  • Like 1

So reading about this price protection is interesting and I’m currently trying to see what you all think may be the best option.

Truck is slated to arrive mid April, ordered in September. I have all documents since then including the original DORA before the two price increases. Prior to Dec 7, my salesman stated if price goes up they have to sell at that price. We didn’t talk much about price protection as I wasn’t aware of it. I don’t know if he is aware of it being a salesman on the floor or if that info is reserved for sales manager/accounting. I have both print outs from Dec and Feb I’ve found on the web to bring in.

Do you all think I should go in there prior to the truck arriving to seal the deal on the vehicle and talk numbers (no signing until truck arrives) or wait till truck arrives? I was going to go through a credit union or different bank for lower rates than the dealer would offer. Figured it’d be easy to come in to pick up the truck and hand over money/sign paperwork. Thoughts? Would it matter, etc..? 

1 hour ago, Mister Bill said:

Understood. The feedback I am receiving is the dealer will not provide the manpower to file for or to follow up on any price protection claims. The dealer principle is basically saying if Ford doesn't send the reimbursement automatically, they are not going to provide the ink in the pen to file for it. Unfortunately, far more buyers than not are accepting the practice shrugging their shoulders saying "wacha gonna do" and go through with the purchase at the higher pricing. It's difficult to garner much leverage under these conditions. 

Thank you again for all you do here. It is appreciated. 

Did you have a buyer’s order showing the original MSRP or did you just agree on MSRP?  If the latter then you should pay whatever is on the sticker.  Otherwise you should pay whatever is on the buyer’s order.  What the dealer pays is between them and Ford.

1 hour ago, MFord said:

So reading about this price protection is interesting and I’m currently trying to see what you all think may be the best option.

Truck is slated to arrive mid April, ordered in September. I have all documents since then including the original DORA before the two price increases. Prior to Dec 7, my salesman stated if price goes up they have to sell at that price. We didn’t talk much about price protection as I wasn’t aware of it. I don’t know if he is aware of it being a salesman on the floor or if that info is reserved for sales manager/accounting. I have both print outs from Dec and Feb I’ve found on the web to bring in.

Do you all think I should go in there prior to the truck arriving to seal the deal on the vehicle and talk numbers (no signing until truck arrives) or wait till truck arrives? I was going to go through a credit union or different bank for lower rates than the dealer would offer. Figured it’d be easy to come in to pick up the truck and hand over money/sign paperwork. Thoughts? Would it matter, etc..? 

Good question however, my 2 cents on this.  For me, I did sign some order form (dealer signed nothing) that showed the build, MSRP, and discount they said they would give me off MSRP (which I had to initial), I gave them a deposit they said was non-refundable (they did not cash the check yet), they took a copy of my DL.  However, if they change the agreed price on me, I am walking...if even increase by 1 cent.  A deal is a deal for me.  It is how I do business with folks (my word is my bond, and I expect the same from others that are in my sphere).  I am paying cash (no financing), and technically I could pay whatever they asked, but I won't pay one cent more...I will only pay what we agreed upon.  I guess it is a personal choice.  I really do want my Super Duty, so hopefully my dealer will live up to their agreement.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cboy said:

Good question however, my 2 cents on this.  For me, I did sign some order form (dealer signed nothing) that showed the build, MSRP, and discount they said they would give me off MSRP (which I had to initial), I gave them a deposit they said was non-refundable (they did not cash the check yet), they took a copy of my DL.  However, if they change the agreed price on me, I am walking...if even increase by 1 cent.  A deal is a deal for me.  It is how I do business with folks (my word is my bond, and I expect the same from others that are in my sphere).  I am paying cash (no financing), and technically I could pay whatever they asked, but I won't pay one cent more...I will only pay what we agreed upon.  I guess it is a personal choice.  I really do want my Super Duty, so hopefully my dealer will live up to their agreement.

Not legally binding, but we both signed the dora sheet for x plan pricing. Nothing was stated about price protection as I was not aware of prices going up nor waiting 7 months when I ordered. Lol. So I haven’t touched the build since before the first price increase in December. I don’t know if going in early and talking price will hurt me or favor. I’m being cynical and I know not all dealers are bad, but what I didn’t know is we already started off on the wrong foot when they stated “x plan” pricing was not available to be shown on the dora. Only invoice and msrp he stated. Told me x plan would be slightly above invoice but wouldn’t show me that price in september for whatever reason. 

15 minutes ago, MFord said:

Not legally binding, but we both signed the dora sheet for x plan pricing. Nothing was stated about price protection as I was not aware of prices going up nor waiting 7 months when I ordered. Lol. So I haven’t touched the build since before the first price increase in December. I don’t know if going in early and talking price will hurt me or favor. I’m being cynical and I know not all dealers are bad, but what I didn’t know is we already started off on the wrong foot when they stated “x plan” pricing was not available to be shown on the dora. Only invoice and msrp he stated. Told me x plan would be slightly above invoice but wouldn’t show me that price in september for whatever reason. 

I don't know if going in early would help, but I can't imagine it would hurt wrt pricing.   Technically, I think you could actually purchase before the truck is built/shipped/arrived... you just need the VIN.  Anyway, my dealer mentioned that to me as an option in the context of tax implications.

I wish you the best with your decision. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Did you have a buyer’s order showing the original MSRP or did you just agree on MSRP?  If the latter then you should pay whatever is on the sticker.  Otherwise you should pay whatever is on the buyer’s order.  What the dealer pays is between them and Ford.

Electronically signed DORA at time order was placed for 4% under invoice. The actual selling price of 4% under invoice plus doc fees was only given in an email. Dealer always referred to the email quote when asked about pricing. MSRP is not a factor in the offer. I’ll bite my tongue for now and just say it is appearing the method the dealer implemented to take and process orders was by design as to not have an actual legal binding contract which allowed them to build a large order bank to build future allocation from. The jury is still out, so we shall see in the end. This offer was not within the traditional way of pricing orders as you refer to. 

4 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Now it’s getting real!

BB65C604-1D46-44D6-AFD2-9FD9942CA5A0.jpeg

Ohh nice. Ready for a few more suggestions? ? I was stoked to get my Vin the other week so I'm content for now. Still hoping to see her by the summer though...?. Let the spending resume now. 

• Like 2

On a note related to price protection, if you are buying through one of the plans (A/X/D) -- is the price protection automatically applied since they are based on invoice and the notes seemed to indicated the protected orders would not be 're-invoiced'?