2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

25 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

I think I just may be more obsessed now that she’s being shipped - or would that be transported since it’s by train and not a ship?! Eh hmm, squirrel. I just got off the phone with the CSX automated system and she is en route and will be in Florida by 4/1. Time to secure financing!

Just purchased the 2.0 Fox shocks with dual stabilizers. I’ve never added this many toys to any of my previous vehicles ?

Shipped is definitely the worst part of the whole process.

28 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

After build week switches from 3/28 to 4/4, back to 3/28, back to 4/4, I seem to be holding onto my 4/4 slot. I keep checking to see if an Monroney label has been created but nothing yet. I guess we will see what next week brings. 

We have almost the same exact history: 4/4 back to 3/28, back to 4/4.  Ordered from a dealer in North Richland Hills (Dallas area).  Hoping for the best.  From what I can tell, the tracker may not switch to "in production" till later in the week.  I would assume we will be bumped or show in production by Friday.  Hang in there.  Ordered an F350 King Ranch.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Great, another example of a Ford Dealer that's too lazy and can't be bothered to do their job and provide the information a customer requires. It's simply amazing how many Dealers are either so lazy or incompetent to realize that the little time and effort it takes to provide customers with retail orders such information. Sure, many dealerships are working with lower staff levels than pre-pandemic and there's been a tremendous increase in the volume of retail orders. For more than 35+ years of managing inventory, my policy was to be pro-active and provide retail customers with order status updates before they felt a need to ask. Each morning I prepared a Vehicle Visibility report showing the current and/or updated status for every retail and fleet order that was distributed to the General Manager, Sales Manager, Fleet Manager, Finance/Business Managers and all Sales Representatives that had retail orders. It took all of a half hour to produce and distribute the information. 

At some point the microchip shortage situation will be history and commodity restraints and supplier issues will ease. But in the future, when today's customers return to the market again, those customers and enthusiasts that have been treated so poorly, those customers are going to remember the dealership experience. Short-sighted management decisions, policies and practices do not make for long term success and customer loyalty.   

I could not have said this better myself.

A little bit of proactive information goes a very long way to satisfying even the customer with the longest wait. 

People just want to know they have not been forgotten and that their order is important. 

For most buyers this is the second largest purchase of their lives. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

Perhaps Ford (and other manufacturers) are going to realize that their old sales model using dealers is not working.  If the independent dealerships go away, they have themselves to blame. 

Perhaps you should Google state automotive franchise laws.  What these mfrs need is more control over dealer behavior. I think you’ll see a lot of changes with Ford EVs and the ordering/pricing process.  You can’t sell 2M vehicles factory direct without dealerships of some kind.

38 minutes ago, cboy said:

yeah...but they are not morimotos ?...not sure if they yet have a plug and play to replace factory LED

I have morimotos in my 2019...They are no where near the quality of OEM LED lights.  That is just my opinion though.  I personally would not swap OEM LED for Morimotos.

1 hour ago, Max4wKR said:

Does anyone know if i call ford marketing to get my rail car number. Dealer doesn’t want to bother with me. I’ve read a few people have said it worked but wanna confirm before i waste my time. 

Ford marketing does not have that information. I tried them also.

My truck has been built and was shipped over the weekend (ordered 11/15).   I've decided I'm not going to bother trying to track it.  To me the hard part was getting the damn thing built.  First camping trip is in late June.  Should be good to go.  No sense in stressing out and following its every move, or lack thereof.

Best of luck out there to everyone still waiting.

Edited by kubes14060
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, teecamp said:

I have morimotos in my 2019...They are no where near the quality of OEM LED lights.  That is just my opinion though.  I personally would not swap OEM LED for Morimotos.

I really have no basis for an opinion, just saw someone else on this forum mention them, and I looked them up on the Web.  So, thought they were the go-to upgrade. and they seemed cool.    ?

51 minutes ago, CT737 said:

Has anyone had experience with a dealer trying to add dealership mandatory accessories that weren't discussed or on the purchase agreement?  Like lojack systems or ceramic coated windshield.

Nope, in fact my dealership let me know up front that they do not have the techs/inventory to even offer dealer accessories haha I said "Say less" and ordered right than and there. 

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Perhaps you should Google state automotive franchise laws.  What these mfrs need is more control over dealer behavior. I think you’ll see a lot of changes with Ford EVs and the ordering/pricing process.  You can’t sell 2M vehicles factory direct without dealerships of some kind.

I'm aware of it. There is some speculation that Ford's new Model e division will use their own dealerships.  Only time will tell but they could be testing the waters.  I wouldn't blame them. 

BTW -  What exactly is 'mfrs' short for? Manufacturers or motherfudgers?  LOL

Does anyone here have a 2022 CCSB F250 4x4 with 7.3 has engine and camper package?   This is what I ordered and I am curious on which front springs it will have.   I have read a bunch of posts here and still not sure what to expect.     I am guessing either 5200 or 5600 springs.  I saw one on the lot that had both camper pkg and snow plow prep pkg and it had 5600 springs; it was tall, hoping mine will be a little lower.  I am wanting the truck as low as possible for better clearance for my fifth wheel.   Thanks.

2 hours ago, CT737 said:

Has anyone had experience with a dealer trying to add dealership mandatory accessories that weren't discussed or on the purchase agreement?  Like lojack systems or ceramic coated windshield.

Oh hell no I won't even let them put their sticker on it. Front license plate is ok with the dealership on it.

2 hours ago, CT737 said:

Might I suggest going about it with an “I did not order it, so I am not paying for it” approach. I can’t think of any way they would be able to force you to pay. 

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Sure takes away from the excitement of getting that beautiful new truck. 

Best of luck to you. 

Edited by Late Apex 61

Timeline Update:

Ordered: 9/24/21

Confirmed email: 9/24/21

VIN: not sure, maybe November

1st Production Date: 2/7/22

2nd Bump on 2/5: 2/21

3rd Bump on 2/11: 2/28 

4th Bump on 2/25: 3/7

3/4 Window Sticker ready

3/4 Tracking Status changes to "In Production" - no specific date

3/17 Production start

3/29 Built

Arrival estimate: 4/11-4/17

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 2.01.39 PM.png

• Like 2

After 8 months less a day, the tracker shows my F-450 KRU as being "In Production"

Ordered - 31st August 21

Scheduled - 17th March 22, "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April 22

Update - 28th March 22, "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April 22

Update - 29th March 22, "In Production"

If all goes well, I should have a new truck my mid-May.? 

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 9:52 AM, Pauljbouda said:
5 hours ago, Late Apex 61 said:

Might I suggest going about it with an “I did not order it, so I am not paying for it” approach. I can’t think of any way they would be able to force you to pay. 

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Sure takes away from the excitement of getting that beautiful new truck. 

Best of luck to you. 

Thanks. That’s what I did and now I’m waiting on the manager. I miss when we used to do this in person. 

• Like 1