2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

20 minutes ago, EB1959 said:

Awaiting Shipment - Released 

No...., that's not what I asked.  I see on the tracker that it's been built, and I also see in the email from Ford the est. ship dates.   I said " cyberman " looked up my trucks progress, and he said it's listed as   Awaiting Shipment - Released .   What I wanted to know is, RELEASED means it's "done" with the 5th wheel prep and is sitting waiting for a truck to transport it.

Yeah, I had a question about the quoted portion of your post. 

Edited by Forderorder

On 3/29/2022 at 3:23 PM, Oldchevyguy said:

Does anyone here have a 2022 CCSB F250 4x4 with 7.3 has engine and camper package?   This is what I ordered and I am curious on which front springs it will have.   I have read a bunch of posts here and still not sure what to expect.     I am guessing either 5200 or 5600 springs.  I saw one on the lot that had both camper pkg and snow plow prep pkg and it had 5600 springs; it was tall, hoping mine will be a little lower.  I am wanting the truck as low as possible for better clearance for my fifth wheel.   Thanks.

Here's my 22' 250 4x4 CCSB with 7.3 and camper package. It does ride high but also fairly level front to back. I believe it has 5600 springs on the front. Front springs are rated at 6000Lbs.

F250.jpg

Edited by KKosi
  • Like 3

On 3/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, nunyabidness said:

We have almost the same exact history: 4/4 back to 3/28, back to 4/4.  Ordered from a dealer in North Richland Hills (Dallas area).  Hoping for the best.  From what I can tell, the tracker may not switch to "in production" till later in the week.  I would assume we will be bumped or show in production by Friday.  Hang in there.  Ordered an F350 King Ranch.  

Congrats, on your soon to be built King Ranch. I may have ordered from the same dealer, as you, in North Richland hills. My build date is 4/18. It would be great if you could post up your time frame from shipping to delivery. I'm trying to get an idea.  Much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, KKosi said:

Here's my 22' 250 4x4 CCSB with 7.3 and camper package. It does ride high but also fairly level front to back. I believe it has 5600 springs on the front. Front springs are rated at 6000Lbs.

Beautiful truck.....love the 2 tone.    There should be a sticker in the driver's door showing exactly which springs you have.

21 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I was able to get the railcar information and tracked it through CSX and lo and behold it arrived at the terminal ramp destination in Massachusetts at 10:50 am this morning.  That gives them 4-5 days to unload and get it to my dealer, so my hopes are still alive!

NH_Bulldog - Do you know where in Mass the terminal is?  And how long has it taken from original ship date?  My truck was just shipped, ETA 4/22 in CT.  Curious how long yours has taken.  Thanks!

Artie, the CSX route comes across Western NY to Selkirk outside of Albany and then ends in East Brookfield, MA (outside of Worcester).  They also have a ramp in NJ, so although highly probable, it is not 100% that it would go to MA.  My truck shipped on 3/25 and arrived yesterday in MA (5 day transit).  I found the shipping order for the road transport company, but it has not been picked up yet.  If I understand everything correctly, they may wait until they have a full load going to the same dealer before it makes the final leg, so it could sit at the ramp for a few days or even a week or two before getting to your dealer.   

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ArtieT said:

NH_Bulldog - Do you know where in Mass the terminal is?  And how long has it taken from original ship date?  My truck was just shipped, ETA 4/22 in CT.  Curious how long yours has taken.  Thanks!

It may be going to the ramp in East Brookfield, MA. That ramp receives all the Super Duty's with destinations in Southern New England with vehicles hauled by Diversified Automotive which is an excellent carrier. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

If I understand everything correctly, they may wait until they have a full load going to the same dealer before it makes the final leg, so it could sit at the ramp for a few days or even a week or two before getting to your dealer.   

They don't need to fill a load with vehicles all going to the same dealership. If that was the case, dealerships receiving only one or two vehicles would wait weeks or months before taking delivery. A few years ago, Mustangs going to Southern New England were unloaded from rail cars at a ramp outside Philadelphia and then hauled by car carriers, often with the driver hauling a full load of Mustangs having to make stops at 9 dealerships!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It may be going to the ramp in East Brookfield, MA. That ramp receives all the Super Duty's with destinations in Southern New England with vehicles hauled by Diversified Automotive which is an excellent carrier. 

I learned that they use United Road as their hauling service here.  That is where I found my transport order.  I also see that United hauls some Fords from the Ayer, MA ramp.  They currently show an Edge and an F150 in Ayer, but have Super Duty, Escapes, and Broncos at the East Brookfield ramp.

As an edit to my earlier post, they seem to try to get a full truck to the same area, not necessarily to the same dealer.  Ice-Capades' knowledge and experience in these matters far eclipse my own, I am just going by what I see in the tracking and delivery receipt history.  Of all the shipments to my dealer this month, three were a load of 7-8 vehicles each Trucks and SUV's) and 2 were a single vehicle and one had 2 vehicles.   

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Like 1

While we are on the subject of rail shipments. Has anyone taken delivery of a truck that was headed to TTX intermodal railyard in Chicago? I'm in S.E. Wisconsin and that's where my truck will transfer to over the road hauler. I know the route is St. Louis, Griffith, IN., then Chicago. Excited to see so many of the people I've been watching and learning from here are getting into the shipped stage of this very long game.

22 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I learned that they use United Road as their hauling service here.  That is where I found my transport order.  I also see that United hauls some Fords from the Ayer, MA ramp.  They currently show an Edge and an F150 in Ayer, but have Super Duty, Escapes, and Broncos at the East Brookfield ramp.

As an edit to my earlier post, they seem to try to get a full truck to the same area, not necessarily to the same dealer.  Ice-Capades' knowledge and experience in these matters far eclipse my own, I am just going by what I see in the tracking and delivery receipt history.  Of all the shipments to my dealer this month, three were a load of 7-8 vehicles each Trucks and SUV's) and 2 were a single vehicle and one had 2 vehicles.   

United Road has grown a lot over the years after acquiring a couple of their competitors. I used to have a lot of claims against United Road but their delivery quality has improved substantially in recent years. 

Ford does things with vehicle transport contracts that often don't make sense from a logistics point of view. They often do the lowest cost contract and will send vehicles to a final rail ramp hours away from dealerships, requiring vehicles to be driven by carriers 4 or 5 hours or longer because it's less expensive but then have substantially higher damage claims depending on the car hauling firm involved and other factors. It would be interesting to know the contract details because some years the damage claims have been substantial and involved a lot of vehicles. 

A number of years ago (10-15?) almost all (90-95%) of my dealership's vehicles were sent by rail to a ramp in Rhode Island (RI) and hauled by Diversified Automotive. I'd get 2-3 full or nearly full loads of cars each week and knew all the drivers. The Diversified Automotive drivers knew that I was at the dealership early (5:00am) and that I'd inspect the vehicles and get them back on the road ASAP. Since the drivers get paid by the load, they loved the fact that I was at the dealership early and would get back on the road promptly. As such, they had plenty of time to get back to the ramp, pick up another load and deliver another load of vehicles that same day which put more money in their pocket. 

They also knew that I'd inspect and sign for the vehicles as long as it wasn't still dark and that I wouldn't file damage claims via the BOL (Bill of Lading) unless it was necessary. I wouldn't file a claim for minor scratches that I knew would buff out, etc. The drivers would even point out delivery issues, knowing that I wouldn't file a damage claim unless necessary. When it was necessary, they knew so and understood so.   

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, F250less said:

While we are on the subject of rail shipments. Has anyone taken delivery of a truck that was headed to TTX intermodal railyard in Chicago? I'm in S.E. Wisconsin and that's where my truck will transfer to over the road hauler. I know the route is St. Louis, Griffith, IN., then Chicago. Excited to see so many of the people I've been watching and learning from here are getting into the shipped stage of this very long game.

You are going to have to change your username soon!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, F250less said:

I'm also In S.E. WI.  But I ordered from Kunes in Antioch 1/17/22.  Build date was 3/22 and got the shipped email yesterday 3/30 but there is no date by shipped in the tracker.  ETA to dealership is 4/4-4/10.  

CCLB Lariat 7.3, no 5er, no liner, no AS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250less said:

I'm Just west of Chicago my truck is in route via train. I talked to my dealer this morning and he said they should take delivery between 4/5 to 4/7. If yours is in route also we might be on the same train?

Truck arrived at dealer today. I ordered 8-16-2021, F350 XLT, 4X4, SCLB, 7.3 , 5th wheel prep, Mud flaps, Running boards, fog lamps, spray in bed liner. It was built 3-29. Now to see if the dealer will honor the price we agreed to in August.

Edited by db2
  • Like 1

@ice-capades by chance do you know the transport company in Florida; more specifically, west-central Florida? She was delivered to the CSX yard in Baldwin on Tuesday and I’m just curious if there’s a way to track it similar to CSX. 

*** update ***

I guess I should have done this before I posted but… I’m a moron! I just checked CSX and whadaya know, she arrived at the Tampa rail yard this morning at 7am. So that places her less than 40 miles to the dealership. I’m liking my chances of taking delivery by next weekend

Edited by FirstFord22
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Max4wKR said:

My trucks so close yet still almost 2 weeks from getting to me.. left KTP 03/27 which arrived to Baldwin, FL 03/28 then Jacksonville, FL 03/29 today it was unloaded there and eta for arrival is 04/12 I’m 90 miles from Jacksonville ?

How could you tell it was unloaded?

BCE Modules appeared today, another step closer. I was scheduled to the day (3/29) but still just show in production with no date. Hope to get the built email tomorrow. My weight has been a lot shorter than some folks. I am at two months right now since ordered. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winkzoot said:

BCE Modules appeared today, another step closer. I was scheduled to the day (3/29) but still just show in production with no date. Hope to get the built email tomorrow. My weight has been a lot shorter than some folks. I am at two months right now since ordered. 

Gonna be nice when it gets here, I ordered 7 days before you and not a peep other than the email a couple of weeks ago that said they’re trying to get me scheduled, me and about 50k more people, I guess the 5th wheel prep is my hold up, that is the only commodity restraint I have, at least that I know of. Good luck to you on a quick delivery

• Like 1

5 hours ago, winkzoot said:

Congratulations!

Also, totally jealous. Not completely hate you jealous, but maybe not stop you from walking into a glass door jealous.   :D

• Haha 4