2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I contacted my salesman and asked him if I could get a update on my truck and he sent me this. Does this mean it was shipped on the 29th? When I go to the tracker and pull my window sticker now "I know that people say it doesn't  mean anything" the date on the bottom of the sticker changed to 04/01. Just wondering if they might have scanned it again getting off the train?

image.png

On 4/2/2022 at 9:28 AM, Drunkpunk082 said:

F39F5E37-5085-4B97-82DD-7A80377879FA.thumb.png.d00f9489fb9b32af842fd6b15545bf6b.pngNo email from Ford yet but went ahead and looked anyway…. I HAVE A WINDOW STICKER!!!  Man been waiting since November and it’s finally being built.  All the excitement had almost worn off.  So stoked!  She’s going to be the envy of many!

windowsticker.pdf

Nice to see some of the higher option trucks getting built. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tjm73 said:

Can someone tell me what this means? I have an order confirmation email and secondary "thanks for your patience" email. And this morning I log in and see this. It doesn't add up for me. I don't understand why one things acknowledges I have an order and another says I don't. What am I missing?

What.png

I don't think you see anything there until you have a vin. Maybe I'm wrong though. Anyone see their order there before they had a vin?

10 hours ago, JC2014 said:

I contacted my salesman and asked him if I could get a update on my truck and he sent me this. Does this mean it was shipped on the 29th? When I go to the tracker and pull my window sticker now "I know that people say it doesn't  mean anything" the date on the bottom of the sticker changed to 04/01. Just wondering if they might have scanned it again getting off the train?

image.png

I'm not sure my window sticker dates mean the same thing as yours, but mine showed the date the sticker was created as 3/15 in the special order field and 3/16 at very bottom when it was first available to me.  The date in the special order field has remained at 3/15 consistently each time I've downloaded it.  Then, the day it was built, the date at very bottom showed 3/22 and when shipped 3/23.  Today Mine still shows 3/15 in the special order field and now 4/3 at the bottom and according to CSX, it's supposed to arrive at final destination ramp (at industry) today on 4/3 so maybe that is the actual unload day and sticker was updated to reflect that event. build day, my assumption.  Unfortunately I didn't create special files for each time the dates changed but I did see them and didn't think much of it at the time.  I could have created time stamp versions of each window sticker PDF in the past, however I did create one for today's version.  If mine was unloaded today, it may not change again unless the unload off car carrier at dealer creates yet another time stamp version.  If this is all correct, maybe the date at the bottom others have obsessed about is just time stamp at each change in status.  I think I created a screenshot of the sticker on build day 3/22 and I'll go back thru BOF posts I submitted and see if I can find it and come back and edit this one to show three different events that changed date at the bottom.

The day my window sticker was first downloaded from tracker 3/16

image.png.990feace70ec977263fd5082cf7fdbec.png

Window sticker downloaded today, 4/3/22

image.png.57c9a2986d13163d7b9d72465facc22c.png

13 hours ago, pilotpip said:

Anybody gotten this email? Wondering what the holdup is. 

F-350 CCSB 7.3L 3.73 FX-4
Sport appearance 
5th wheel prep
LED headlights

Originally ordered December 30, 2021.  I dropped black appearance because of the bedliner issues on Feb 14.  Now I see they have a BAP without the Bedliner... 

IMG_0214.jpg

I got that same email a week or two ago. Several of us did. Just a little PR attempt to let you know they haven't forgotten about you.

The date in the white bar at the bottom means nothing and seems to randomly change with no apparent rhyme or reason.  My “fixed” date was 3/15 like yours, and has never changed.  But the bottom date has gone from 3/16 to 3/17 to 3/23 to 3/25, back to 3/16, then to 3/28, 3/30, back to 3/23 and as of this morning (Sunday 4/3) it says 4/2 in that spot.  

I have followed mine from build date (3/22) to ship date (3/25) to ramp arrival date (3/30) to unload date (3/31), and as of today is still sitting at the ramp waiting for a hauler to bring it to the dealer.  Through all of that I have seen no correlation between vehicle events and the date at the bottom of the sticker.

22 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

The date in the white bar at the bottom means nothing and seems to randomly change with no apparent rhyme or reason.  My “fixed” date was 3/15 like yours, and has never changed.  But the bottom date has gone from 3/16 to 3/17 to 3/23 to 3/25, back to 3/16, then to 3/28, 3/30, back to 3/23 and as of this morning (Sunday 4/3) it says 4/2 in that spot.  

I have followed mine from build date (3/22) to ship date (3/25) to ramp arrival date (3/30) to unload date (3/31), and as of today is still sitting at the ramp waiting for a hauler to bring it to the dealer.  Through all of that I have seen no correlation between vehicle events and the date at the bottom of the sticker.

Okay, well damn, I guess that smashed my theory, oh well I'm humble enough to accept being wrong, haha.  However, seems crazy that the date at the bottom means absolutely nothing, must mean something, otherwise why would it just randomly change? I think we just don't know why the date changes, but there must be an answer, things don't change by themselves, must be an explanation.  But, I'm not going to lose any sleep, my truck is almost home and after that, I won't be spending nearly as much time on this topic, I'll be busy spending time in my new truck and getting it setup just like I want and won't give two %^&$s about any of these dates.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Okay, well damn, I guess that smashed my theory, oh well I'm humble enough to accept being wrong, haha.  However, seems crazy that the date at the bottom means absolutely nothing, must mean something, otherwise why would it just randomly change? I think we just don't know why the date changes, but there must be an answer, things don't change by themselves, must be an explanation.  But, I'm not going to lose any sleep, my truck is almost home and after that, I won't be spending nearly as much time on this topic, I'll be busy spending time in my new truck and getting it setup just like I want and won't give two %^&$s about any of these dates.

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken...?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

I'm not sure my window sticker dates mean the same thing as yours, but mine showed the date the sticker was created as 3/15 in the special order field and 3/16 at very bottom when it was first available to me.  The date in the special order field has remained at 3/15 consistently each time I've downloaded it.  Then, the day it was built, the date at very bottom showed 3/22 and when shipped 3/23.  Today Mine still shows 3/15 in the special order field and now 4/3 at the bottom and according to CSX, it's supposed to arrive at final destination ramp (at industry) today on 4/3 so maybe that is the actual unload day and sticker was updated to reflect that event. build day, my assumption.  Unfortunately I didn't create special files for each time the dates changed but I did see them and didn't think much of it at the time.  I could have created time stamp versions of each window sticker PDF in the past, however I did create one for today's version.  If mine was unloaded today, it may not change again unless the unload off car carrier at dealer creates yet another time stamp version.  If this is all correct, maybe the date at the bottom others have obsessed about is just time stamp at each change in status.  I think I created a screenshot of the sticker on build day 3/22 and I'll go back thru BOF posts I submitted and see if I can find it and come back and edit this one to show three different events that changed date at the bottom.

The day my window sticker was first downloaded from tracker 3/16

image.png.990feace70ec977263fd5082cf7fdbec.png

Window sticker downloaded today, 4/3/22

image.png.57c9a2986d13163d7b9d72465facc22c.png

There is nothing mysterious about Window Sticker creation or display. All this talk about dates related to a vehicle's ETA at the ramp, when it was offloaded, etc. is all nonsense. The date in the "Special Order" section is the date the vehicle invoice was created. The date at the very bottom is simply the date that the digital Window Sticker file was retrieved from Ford's database and displayed.   

14 hours ago, yorid said:

My Bronco an Lightning show up there because you go through the Online Reservation Process, but my Super Duty doesn't because its a Dealer Retail Order. . 

This.  It doesn’t key on your email - you must have placed your reservation/order online through the app/website and that’s not available for super duty.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

There is nothing mysterious about Window Sticker creation or display. All this talk about dates related to a vehicle's ETA at the ramp, when it was offloaded, etc. is all nonsense. The date in the "Special Order" section is the date the vehicle invoice was created. The date at the very bottom is simply the date that the digital Window Sticker file was retrieved from Ford's database and displayed.   

Thanks, I'll never mention it again...

46 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Curiously....do you know what constitutes a "retrieved" and "displayed" event/action?  I literally view my window sticker every day and the date at the bottom of the sticker does not change each time.  My date also changed on and to 3/23 and then again 4/2.  So, are consumers all looking at an "in memory" version of the window sticker, and then periodically (perhaps time based), it changes or refreshes on some cycle ?  Again, just curious about what actually causes a "retrieval" and "displayed" action.  I'll also acknowledge that 99% for forum members probably could care less, but it is in my technical mind seeking to understand your response further, if you choose to respond further on this topic. ? ? 

Update:  Still patiently waiting for delivery

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, winch, extended running boards, vehicle safe, skid plates, snowplow/camper, UTT, wheel liner, splash guard, upfitter, door opener, tailgate step, bed step, hood deflector, lariat value pkg, gooseneck ball, engine block heater,++(no AS).

Timeline:

9/24 - Ordered

10/7 - Order Confirmed email

2/1- Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/4 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

2/7 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/25 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

3/6 - Tracker shows "In production" - no email or "In production" date

3/7 - Window Sticker available with date of 3/7

3/10 - Window Sticker with date of 3/10

3/16 - Tracker still shows "In production" but with no production date

3/16 - Dealer informed me that it has been sent to the plant, and I have a build date of 3/20

3/18 - window sticker with date of 3/18

3/22 - Noticed that the Module Build Data shows many modules - good indication my truck is in the build process

3/22 - Tracker still shows no date for "in production" or "built"

3/23 - Tracker showed a 3/22 "in production" date 

3/23 - Dealer informed me that he sees a delivery date of April 23-29 

3/24 - Built email received, delivery date between April 23 and 29- tracker shows built with date of 3/23

3/25 - window sticker with date of 3/25

3/26 - Shipped email with arrival date between April 23-29. (tracker reflects shipped, but with no shipped date)

4/2 - window sticker with date of 4/2 (no change in tracker)

22 minutes ago, cboy said:

Update:  Still patiently waiting for delivery

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, winch, extended running boards, vehicle safe, skid plates, snowplow/camper, UTT, wheel liner, splash guard, upfitter, door opener, tailgate step, bed step, hood deflector, lariat value pkg, gooseneck ball, engine block heater,++(no AS).

Timeline:

9/24 - Ordered

10/7 - Order Confirmed email

2/1- Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/4 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

2/7 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/25 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

3/6 - Tracker shows "In production" - no email or "In production" date

3/7 - Window Sticker available with date of 3/7

3/10 - Window Sticker with date of 3/10

3/16 - Tracker still shows "In production" but with no production date

3/16 - Dealer informed me that it has been sent to the plant, and I have a build date of 3/20

3/18 - window sticker with date of 3/18

3/22 - Noticed that the Module Build Data shows many modules - good indication my truck is in the build process

3/22 - Tracker still shows no date for "in production" or "built"

3/23 - Tracker showed a 3/22 "in production" date 

3/23 - Dealer informed me that he sees a delivery date of April 23-29 

3/24 - Built email received, delivery date between April 23 and 29- tracker shows built with date of 3/23

3/25 - window sticker with date of 3/25

3/26 - Shipped email with arrival date between April 23-29. (tracker reflects shipped, but with no shipped date)

4/2 - window sticker with date of 4/2 (no change in tracker)

Pretty close to the same truck I have on order and the timelines are nearly the same (especially so from the scheduling date on).   My projected delivery window is 30 Apr - 6 May (I'm in Colorado).  It will be interesting to see if the shipping/delivery projections are in the ball park or not.

For those who already have their trucks, how accurate has the projected arrival window been?

Just curious.  A couple of days after my truck shipped when I pull up tracking, a new tab appears "New vehicle guide" when you click this tab a description of your truck and features appear.  When  I click on interior a list of features appear some interactive and some not. It says on top all features for this vehicle. Is this just a generic list because it has features that I did not order?

thumbnail.png

33 minutes ago, Blown32 said:

Pretty close to the same truck I have on order and the timelines are nearly the same (especially so from the scheduling date on).   My projected delivery window is 30 Apr - 6 May (I'm in Colorado).  It will be interesting to see if the shipping/delivery projections are in the ball park or not.

For those who already have their trucks, how accurate has the projected arrival window been?

I'm in Colorado too.  Also, my window sticker says "convoy" and not rail.

StevenNC  Congrats on your truck.  We have the same dealer and I ordered a month after you but like most, have received nothing other than the order was received.  I truly believe there is no order in the order/build process.  I was told a few weeks ago that I was 84/120 in the order queue - not a great position to be in, but when I see experiences like yours, it gives me hope.  Enjoy that new truck!

2 hours ago, cboy said:

I'm in Colorado too.  Also, my window sticker says "convoy" and not rail.

Same here, I have to confess I really don't know what "convoy" means.  I tried searches but didn't find a definitive answer.

Hard to believe that rail isn't the first or even primary means of transport as Colorado has large automotive rail yards.  I could see road transport being used for close states but Kentucky is quite a ways from the Colorado front range. 

If anyone can provide a explanation of convoy it would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, cboy said:

Curiously....do you know what constitutes a "retrieved" and "displayed" event/action?  I literally view my window sticker every day and the date at the bottom of the sticker does not change each time.  My date also changed on and to 3/23 and then again 4/2.  So, are consumers all looking at an "in memory" version of the window sticker, and then periodically (perhaps time based), it changes or refreshes on some cycle ?  Again, just curious about what actually causes a "retrieval" and "displayed" action.  I'll also acknowledge that 99% for forum members probably could care less, but it is in my technical mind seeking to understand your response further, if you choose to respond further on this topic. ? ? 

It’s an internal date that means nothing,  Leave it alone!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

...  I truly believe there is no order in the order/build process...

I cannot pretend to understand the process, but I do believe dealership makes a difference.  I spoke to a number of them before placing my order.  This build is purposefully lean (dealership will be installing bedliner) with the idea that there would be fewer red flags along the process.

I now see this morning that the truck shows shipped.   Hopefully the system is improving for all in terms of materials, labor & efficiency... good luck! ??

2E1C010B-CC62-4D5A-BCEF-E57F17ED6D94.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blown32 said:

Same here, I have to confess I really don't know what "convoy" means.  I tried searches but didn't find a definitive answer.

Hard to believe that rail isn't the first or even primary means of transport as Colorado has large automotive rail yards.  I could see road transport being used for close states but Kentucky is quite a ways from the Colorado front range. 

If anyone can provide a explanation of convoy it would be appreciated.

Simply put, your truck is sent from the factory by rail or by convoy.  Rail is obvious.  Convoy is a car hauler/transport truck.  I am not sure of the reason, but the week my truck was built, a bunch of new trucks were transported by “convoy” directly to several area dealers, resulting in trucks that were built the same day as mine getting to the dealer nearly immediately, while mine went by rail and has been sitting at the ramp for days upon days waiting for that final delivery leg to the dealer.  The ones that went by convoy were simply dealer stock order F250 Lariats (If someone enjoys a good conspiracy theory, they could read a lot into this).