2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

51 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Why are these numbers so important? It's a Window Sticker for a vehicle invoiced on 03/30/2022.

They are not important to me. For some reason unbeknownst to me, they are important to the those who have to know where their vehicle is in the que every second from the time it is ordered until they pick it up. Where it is at on the assembly line, tracking rail cars every mile marker and wanting to know what the engineer had for lunch that day. I don't get it either, but I do seem to in the minority on this. I only know what the numbers mean because so many people are posting about them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gharri30 said:

Did you change to the Sport package when you dropped the BAP or just striaght dropped it? Also did you add the LEDs on when you dropped the BAP? That's one of the main add ons. Along with body color front and rear bumper, plus the black ovals, fender badges, grill, mirror caps and running boards. Some of those only apply to Lariat trim though. There's something else I'm forgetting. I have the BAP on my Lariat that should be built at the beginning of May. I'll be swapping out my ovals, fender badges, mirror caps and grill to color match with black. Could wait on it to paint the ones on the truck but going to just buy some and have them ready. Also going to aftermarket 22s on 37s so my wheels and tires will go up for sale along with those other pieces. 

I just dropped it all together. And, yes, I did get the Quad Beam LED’s. So, the BAP items that I’ll be wanting, you’ll be selling??  ?

33 minutes ago, PanteraCFH said:

I just dropped it all together. And, yes, I did get the Quad Beam LED’s. So, the BAP items that I’ll be wanting, you’ll be selling??  ?

That's a good add. Was curious about the Sport package because it still adds painted bumpers, plus painted grill and mirror caps instead of black, if thats part of the look you were after with the BAP. I'll have a few items once the truck arrives and I get them swapped out.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:31 AM, Dog breath said:

Came across this. Same issues as ford

How long is the wait for a 2022 Silverado 1500? 

A blue 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 | Chevrolet 

Generally, General Motors takes six to eight weeks to schedule a 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 order. Then they schedule the build and transport the truck to your local dealership.

But the process could take a little longer due to supply chain shortages. Wait times could be between three to nine months. But it’s possible to find an available model at your local dealership. 

My local Chevrolet dealer told me realistic wait times are closer to a year. On police Tahoe orders the biggest dealer in Texas (normally has at least 150 in stock) doesn't have one on the lot and they're quoting an 18 month wait. One agency ordered several last July and are hoping to get them maybe January 2023. Fleet orders are a LOW priority for auto manufacturers, since they don't make as much money. Dodge has already discontinued the police Durango. The Ford dealer we get our Explorers from & I ordered my SuperDuty from no longer even has a fleet sales department, they can't get fleet orders built. Even worse, we can't get fleet parts, almost half of our fleet is down, unable to get parts. But that's OK, because of gas prices our fuel budget is almost gone for the fiscal year so we were told to park (no idling for climate control) and wait for calls. All vehicles are now two deputies due to vehicle shortage. If we lose too many more we won't be able to cover calls, this at a time when we're having a major rash of gang violence and murders.

Edited by CSX4350

26 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Something is going on....I just noticed my window sticker had an updated day on it. Each time that has occurred, something has changed whether from built, to shipped to delayed. I called, but no change in status, so maybe its slow getting to their system. Been waiting since June, what's another couple weeks.

That date means nothing to John Q public. It is for fords internal use only. My truck is sitting at the rail yard my salesman said it will be here by Monday at the latest. The date on mine only changed 3 times from production to being received at final rail ramp. It has nothing to do with production timeline.

21 hours ago, MinerAddiction said:

Well I didn’t get a PCO but I did get this today!!! I can’t stop smiling. 

76722D36-6D12-437F-B805-8B8A842EDE7D.jpeg

Ahhhh my exact one I’m obsessed I’m sure you are to. Although I have nothing yet lol. Getting very impatient now….

what was your order date 

On 3/30/2022 at 5:37 PM, Oldchevyguy said:

Beautiful truck....love the 2 tone.    There should be a sticker in the driver's door showing exactly which springs you have.....at least that is where I have seen it before.

I was going by the build spec from the dealer which was way off. The truck has 4800 LB springs on the front. Which makes sense as the camper package increases the springs one up from standard, depending on the configuration of the truck.

On 4/6/2022 at 7:21 PM, Mbrooks44 said:

I think it’s time to sit down and relax. I for one ordered in June. It was just built and hasn’t left the factory for over a week due to a train delay. If you let the dealer run you around, it’ll happen. Stand up and demand the sales manager or go to the dealer to speak with them. 

Why? The truck won't get here any faster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

Yep, mine too. Bumped 4/25 to 5/2. F-450 Platinum ordered 10/21

I think this was my seventh bomb and I was really hoping for a reverse bump this time

F350 6.7 CCSB Platinum -AS, Spray in, 5th wheel prep 
Ordered 6/7/21 - Priority Code 02 since Oct 
Vin 2/1/22 - Built Date 3/7/22

1)Email Push Back on 2/5/22 to 3/14/22
2)Email Push Back on 2/11/22 to 3/21/22
3)Email Push Back on 2/17/22 to 4/4/22
4)Email Push Back on 2/18/22 to 4/11/22 
5)Email Push Back on 2/25/22 to 4/18/22
6)Email Push Back on 3/16/22 to 4/25/22
7)Called 4/5/22 Production Day 4/29 
8)Email Push Back on 4/07/22 to 5/02/22 

16 minutes ago, blackboost said:

F250less

That is a very nice pic of your truck, shows the color well.  Congrats!

Hi blackboost, sorry that is RoncoSD's truck. I was just admiring it and wondering what color it was?  My truck is stuck in a railyard south side of Chicago yet ?

On 4/8/2022 at 6:25 AM, F250less said:

Hi blackboost, sorry that is RoncoSD's truck. I was just admiring it and wondering what color it was?  My truck is stuck in a railyard south side of Chicago yet ?

My bad........I am happy for RoncoSD, and sad for you and I both. Mine is sitting near a rail yard too.

Update 4/9:  My pickup arrived at my dealer today, out of the blue!

Edited by blackboost
update
  • Like 1