2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

Yep, mine too. Bumped 4/25 to 5/2. F-450 Platinum ordered 10/21

I think this was my seventh bomb and I was really hoping for a reverse bump this time. 

Similar story here.  F450 Platinum ordered 11/5.  Seventh pushback last night from 5/2 to 5/9.  I'm jealous of the ones who get scheduling change emails that move their build date back instead of forward.

I have you all beat in 11 days it will be a year since I ordered my (April 19th) F450 XLT DUALLY I finally got my first build week February 1st it has been bumped 7 time I finally get a build day of April 7th and now it has come and gone and NOTHING NO MOVEMENT still not being built ?? I am really beginning to hate this truck.

I just ordered my F250 Superduty with the 7.3L late February. .  I’m thinking I would of just bought used if I read these forums earlier.  I was expecting 5-6months at the most but this looks like many are waiting closer to 8-9 months.

Does anyone know what happens if you just buy a used one and tell them “not interested” when your vehicle comes in?  Do I forfeit my deposit?

30 minutes ago, Ibaceja said:

I just ordered my F250 Superduty with the 7.3L late February. .  I’m thinking I would of just bought used if I read these forums earlier.  I was expecting 5-6months at the most but this looks like many are waiting closer to 8-9 months.

Does anyone know what happens if you just buy a used one and tell them “not interested” when your vehicle comes in?  Do I forfeit my deposit?

When you negotiated price with the dealer, did you not agree on whether the deposit was refundable, or not. If you didn't negotiate and agree, best ask your dealer, or it may be included in the fine print on the purchase agreement.

Hey Ibaceja

My dealer said I would get my deposit back if I decide not to take it - its really coming to that point for me as well.  They said it would be sold in days if I dodnt take it.

Not sure why Ford would continue to take orders if they are having such a hard time building them - to me it seems crazy to have all these orders that they cannot fill, think everyone knew this shortage would be continue long into 2022 and more than likely continue into 2023.

20 minutes ago, Nolahd27 said:

Hey Ibaceja

My dealer said I would get my deposit back if I decide not to take it - its really coming to that point for me as well.  They said it would be sold in days if I dodnt take it.

Not sure why Ford would continue to take orders if they are having such a hard time building them - to me it seems crazy to have all these orders that they cannot fill, think everyone knew this shortage would be continue long into 2022 and more than likely continue into 2023.

I’m assuming the same.  I did not discuss deposit as I was just planning to wait but I’m not sure I want to wait 8mos plus.  

21 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

When you negotiated price with the dealer, did you not agree on whether the deposit was refundable, or not. If you didn't negotiate and agree, best ask your dealer, or it may be included in the fine print on the purchase agreement.

At the time, I just assumed I would wait and wasnt worried about the deposit.  I’ll check in with my dealer to make sure.  Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I'm sure the dealer would love us to walk away.  They can sell it for $15k to $30k over the pricing we locked in at.  

I've seen the exact truck I ordered with 4k to 15k miles at and over $95,000.  Totally crazy.

I hit 20 weeks this week and have only received the order confirmation email from the factory.

21 minutes ago, Ibaceja said:

At the time, I just assumed I would wait and wasnt worried about the deposit.  I’ll check in with my dealer to make sure.  Thanks. 

If I was you, I would not bring it up to them…it would give them a reason to jerk you around, so you back out of the deal.  Then, they could turn around and sell it in days, like you said, with a healthy ADM…my $.02.

The last email I got from Ford said I was scheduled to be built the week of 4/4. The tracker has shown my truck "In Production" since 4/1. I have seen in some posts where people end up showing a specific day for production in the tracker.

Any thoughts?

46 minutes ago, LabCrazy said:

I'm sure the dealer would love us to walk away.  They can sell it for $15k to $30k over the pricing we locked in at.  

I've seen the exact truck I ordered with 4k to 15k miles at and over $95,000.  Totally crazy.

I hit 20 weeks this week and have only received the order confirmation email from the factory.

I'm at 24 weeks come Monday and also only received the order confirmation email from Ford

I feel your pain for the long wait for some good news...like a "Production Schedule notice"

59 minutes ago, Andrew9 said:

Does anyone know what priority code on the Order Summary refers to?   Ordered 2/25/22   Received one email after that and paying the deposit.  I figure I'm in for a long wait.   

Priority codes are used to determine the preferred order in which a dealer wants orders built.  Retail order priority codes are 10-19 with the lower number being a higher priority.  19 is the default code when a retail order is entered, the dealer can change the code as they manage their order bank. Of course priority codes are only a build order preference, it depends on parts availability and other issues.

Other codes are:

80 for Stock orders

99 for Do Not Build

2 can be assigned by Ford regional and is usually used for orders that are older

1 can be assigned by Corporate and is used in extrodinary circumstances.  Such as a replacement order for a vehicle destroyed in transport.

Vehicle Visibility Enhancement

Ford is introducing enhanced display features and options next week that will include "Unscheduled Order Display" and the option to display Order Type, Priority Code, Scheduling Disposition, Customer Name, etc. 

In Ford's announcement to Dealers about the upcoming enhanced Vehicle Visibility, included was a FAQ section with additional information. I'm including a portion of that information here since the Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum has had the greatest volume in the past year.

Will unscheduled orders be ‘carried over’ or receive scheduling priority for the 2023MY?

No, Ford will not carry over orders and will not prioritize replacement orders.

Will Ford offer price protection or incentive protection on unbuilt orders? No

Ford's policies regarding the above could change, as Ford reviews the situation on an ongoing basis for each vehicle line and has taken actions in the past to assist customers. I will share relevant, additional information as it becomes available.

• Like 6

Mid-Year Pricing - Effective April 13, 2022

This information was posted earlier in the Ford Retail Price Increases (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70860-ford-retail-price-increases/&page=9) forum. It's included here due to volume of posts in this Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum. 

Super Duty

• Increase XL series prices $400 MSRP
  • Increase XLT series prices $700 MSRP
  • Increase Lariat series prices $700 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $700 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum series prices $700 MSRP
  • Increase Limited series prices $700 MSRP
  • Increase 17X 4X4 Off-road package price $95 MSRP
  • Increase 17Y Tremor Package price $400 MSRP
  • Increase 96K King Ranch Ultimate Package price $335 MSRP
  • Increase 96U Lariat Ulimate Package price $350 MSRP
  • Increase 17K Lariat Sport Package price $145 MSRP
  • Increase 17P XLT Premium Package price $300 MSRP
  • Increase 17C Chrome Package price $115 MSRP
  • Increase 90L XL Power Group Package price $300 MSRP
  • Increase 17S STX Package price $300 MSRP
  • Increase 53W 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package price $50 MSRP
  • Increase 52B TowCommand™ Integrated Trailer Brake Controller price $30 MSRP
  • Increase All Electronic-Locking Axle prices $40 MSRP
  • Increase All Limited-Slip Axle prices $35 MSRP
  • Increase Destination & Delivery prices $100 MSRP

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective April 13, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to April 13, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before April 12, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before April 18, 2022.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, G8R said:

The last email I got from Ford said I was scheduled to be built the week of 4/4. The tracker has shown my truck "In Production" since 4/1. I have seen in some posts where people end up showing a specific day for production in the tracker.

Any thoughts?

Most of us asked Cyberdman in the employee section. Go to the homepage on this forum scroll down to the employee section. Click on Vehicle locator by ford employee. Read the rules and follow directions. My build date was April 6. Yesterday on Facebook.  I asked question on Facebook forum. Ford SuperDuty production and Scheduling. A moderator message me, gave Vin. He told me tuck was in paint baking.   Just checked with him today and it's built and across the street waiting for spray in bedliner. No email from Ford yet that it's built. Look at your window sticker top right. I was batch 5103 334/715 If you are in that batch you are built. Have you checked the motorcraft website. If you have BCE modules you are built. If none of those you're probably being built today or tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Vehicle Visibility Enhancement

Ford is introducing enhanced display features and options next week that will include "Unscheduled Order Display" and the option to display Order Type, Priority Code, Scheduling Disposition, Customer Name, etc. 

In Ford's announcement to Dealers about the upcoming enhanced Vehicle Visibility, included was a FAQ section with additional information. I'm including a portion of that information here since the Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum has had the greatest volume in the past year.

Will unscheduled orders be ‘carried over’ or receive scheduling priority for the 2023MY?

No, Ford will not carry over orders and will not prioritize replacement orders.

Will Ford offer price protection or incentive protection on unbuilt orders? No

Ford's policies regarding the above could change, as Ford reviews the situation on an ongoing basis for each vehicle line and has taken actions in the past to assist customers. I will share relevant, additional information as it becomes available.

Thanks for the information,  it is helpful to all of us.    This is my take on things.    Although there is frustration with Ford on the consumer's part, I believe Ford is doing everything possible to build all of the trucks that have been ordered.   The delays are out of Ford's control. So we shouldn't blame them for that.  That being said, price protection for existing orders is within Ford's control; even if some of the orders carry over to 2023 models.    I am optimistic that Ford will do the right thing for the customer; after all many of us....probably most of us....will be buying more vehicles in the future.    Once all this craziness is a over, we will all consider how we were treated when we make our future purchases.

1 hour ago, Nolahd27 said:

Hey Ibaceja

Ford stopped taking orders on 22MY SD's on April 1st.

With some research before ordering, I certainly knew about the commodity shortages and that patience would be required, since it has been over 8 months. However, the situation is cyclic and evolves almost daily. For the past couple of months it is way worse than when I ordered.

1 hour ago, Andrew9 said:

Does anyone know what priority code on the Order Summary refers to?   Ordered 2/25/22   Received one email after that and paying the deposit.  I figure I'm in for a long wait.   

Lots of discussion on this subject.

For a retail order the dealer can assign a priority of 10 (best) to 19, with 19 being the default. It is a method for the dealer to advise Ford in what order they want their orders scheduled, subject to restraints.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Keith'sF-250 said:

Most of us asked Cyberdman in the employee section. Go to the homepage on this forum scroll down to the employee section. Click on Vehicle locator by ford employee. Read the rules and follow directions. My build date was April 6. Yesterday on Facebook.  I asked question on Facebook forum. Ford SuperDuty production and Scheduling. A moderator message me, gave Vin. He told me tuck was in paint baking.   Just checked with him today and it's built and across the street waiting for spray in bedliner. No email from Ford yet that it's built. Look at your window sticker top right. I was batch 5103 334/715 If you are in that batch you are built. Have you checked the motorcraft website. If you have BCE modules you are built. If none of those you're probably being built today or tomorrow.

Thanks. Window sticker shows 5170 315/722. I've been checking the motorcraft site, no BCE modules yet. 

19 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:

Are you slated for Sunday? I’m in you’re batch I’m 94/722.  GOOD LUCK ? 

I have not seen anywhere where I am scheduled for a particular day, just got the email that I was scheduled for the week of April 4. Are you scheduled for Sunday?

1 hour ago, sjmcken81 said:

If I was you, I would not bring it up to them…it would give them a reason to jerk you around, so you back out of the deal.  Then, they could turn around and sell it in days, like you said, with a healthy ADM…my $.02.

I negotiated everything down to the exact amount I owe the dealer upon delivery - includes the trade-in, taxes, fees, etc. My dealer also declined a deposit.

However, if I hadn't and was now made aware of potential issues, I would be visiting the dealer immediately. If the dealer is going to be unscrupulous, then my preference is to identify the issue at the earliest opportunity. Unscrupulous dealers don't get better when the truck arrives. The unscrupulous dealer wants you back away from the deal once it is delivered, not before it is scheduled/built. If you deal with the issue now and don't get it resolved to your satisfaction you can cancel, advise Ford, and they have a better chance of cancelling the order, so the truck isn't built.

I certainly wouldn't want to wait 8 - 9 months then have to haggle with a dealer, when the dealer has the strong position. I would cut my losses now and find a dealer that will negotiate a deal and provide a fixed price.

• Like 1

Yes sir “Palm Sunday” I’ve been figuring it was going to take an act of God to get this truck. I verified this morning with my dealership it was supposed to be 4/7/22 moved last week to 4/10 

Window sticker changed this morning bottom of sticker went from 3/31 to 4/8 and batch and number changed 

Edited by Sh6l9by
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, clark98ut said:

I never received even the confirmation email. I’ve called Ford and verified my email address is correct. Ordered 12/6 and not a peep. 

Not even a confirmation here.  If we hadn’t contacted the dealer and Ford direct we’d have been completely in the dark.  We ordered in November and started to follow up in January for a status.  Built March 15, still waiting arrival.