2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

Then believe whatever conspiracy theories you want to believe.  Parts and worker shortages are affecting every business in every industry.

Definitely not trying to start a fight. Just stating what I heard elsewhere. I agree that parts and worker shortages are affecting everything. 

7 hours ago, MFord said:

i saw, he gave me a copy stating this was it. I told him this is for STOCK units and my order is RETAIL. He stated it is the same thing and that he also asked this question, but the inventory manager stated it qualifies. 

thats the thing, he claims as a sales manager he has no idea what this price protection is and does not know the process. I gave him a week to see a status and still no answer and provided me this in bound stock printed notice from April 4. I came into the dealer April 1, and he stated this was the process, but “was still waiting for answers”. He stated he reached out to fmcdealer and no reply. Not sure of the internal process so i can’t really tell him any of that stuff. Just told him my order is retail and not a stock unit. I don’t think he’s too pleased i am an informed customer. He also did not know what a DORA was. Again, maybe this new retail process being new, but i thought it was a little surprising that my salesman knew what it was but not the sales manager. 

Hard to believe. I don’t know the exact process where I can tell him to go file the price protection but getting the run around for sure. Glad I came in earlier than when my truck arrives to get it squared away. If it was x plan and price didn’t go up, this would be such a smooth transaction. 

they even tried to charge me $499 for doc fees instead of $100 for x plan, sales guy said “oh yeah…”. 

This is geared towards both the buyer AND the dealers.  He acknowledges that many dealers don't know much about this.  It's short, and gets the point across.

Edited by Lee2021

My pickup arrived at the dealer today!   I thought I would show the timeline for others still waiting.

F250 Lariat 4X4 7.3L gas CCLB.  It does have the spray in bedliner, 5th wheel prep pkg, wheel well liners, mud flaps, and power running boards.

Ordered 10/22/21

Built  3/25/22

Shipped 3/26/22, with estimated delivery dates of 4/7 to 4/13

Unloaded at rail head 4/5/22

Arrived at the dealership 4/9/22

Picked up at the dealership 4/12/22

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Edited by blackboost
update
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, blackboost said:

My pickup arrived at the dealer today!   I thought I would show the timeline for others still waiting.

F250 Lariat 4X4 7.3L gas CCLB.  It does have the spray in bedliner, 5th wheel prep pkg, wheel well liners, mud flaps, and power running boards.

Ordered 10/22/21

Built  3/25/22

Still waiting over here.  Shipped 3/16 estimated delivery changed 3 times latest window was 4/8 -11.  

1 hour ago, blackboost said:

Ordered 10/22/21

Built  3/25/22

Still waiting here also delivery window 4/7-4-11. Hoping it shows up on Monday the dealership is closed on Sundays

2 hours ago, blackboost said:

Ordered 10/22/21

Built  3/25/22

Congrats. Mine got to the rail head a week ago tomorrow. Still waiting. Very happy for you though. 

Finally received the "Built" notification on the tracker.

F-450 KRU, CCLB, 6.7, 4x4, 4.3 rear end, Antimatter Blue/Stone Grey, Moonroof, Motion Seats, ACC, LED lights, 5th wheel prep, mud flaps, tailgate step, floor mats, owner installed TPMS/Camera. Bed liner will be installed by LineX locally.

Timeline:

31st August - Ordered & confirmed

17th March - VIN issued and "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April

26th March - "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March - In Production, Sent to Plant

30th March - Window Sticker published

7th April - Production commenced

9th April - Built, awaiting shipment

No ETA, but expected around mid-May. OTD will be almost 9 months

Good luck on Thursday to everyone still waiting.

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, blackboost said:

Ordered 10/22/21

Built  3/25/22

Congrats on your truck making it this far, I'm right behind you.  It looks like your order took 26 weeks from order to delivery, 10/21 to 4/9 is almost 6 months which is about 26 weeks.  My dealer told me my build would take 29 weeks unless I agreed to drop 5th wheel prep, AS and spray in bed liner.  My order was confirmed on 1/13/22 and was built 3/22 so mine only took about 10 weeks since I dropped the constrained commodity items.  Show us your truck when you get a chance, enjoy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Finally received the "Built" notification on the tracker.

F-450 KRU, CCLB, 6.7, 4x4, 4.3 rear end, Antimatter Blue/Stone Gray, Moonroof, Motion Seats, ACC, LED lights, 5th wheel prep, mud flaps, tailgate step, floor mats, owner installed TPMS/Camera. Bed liner will be installed by LineX locally.

Timeline:

31st August - Ordered & confirmed

17th March - VIN issued and "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April

26th March - "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March - In Production, Sent to Plant

30th March - Window Sticker published

7th April - Production commenced

9th April - Built, awaiting shipment

No ETA, but expected around mid-May. OTD will be almost 9 months

Good luck on Thursday to everyone still waiting.

Congrats, now on to the next chapter, shipping...?

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 9:22 AM, Drunkpunk082 said:

I’m 5170 also, #178.  Exact same stuff here with the dates and emails.  Mines fully optioned so I assume yours is similar.  I’ve heard up to two weeks to build the fully optioned ones.  I’m expecting to see something end of next week about it being finished.

I checked the tracker this morning, and it finally showed a date, 4/9/22 (yesterday) by the “In Production” mark on the timeline. I ordered a F-250 King Ranch Ultimate pkg, with bedliner and 5th wheel prep.

On 4/9/2022 at 8:45 AM, ice-capades said:

Why would you sign all the paperwork and complete the sale before taking delivery? What if there's a problem with the vehicle such as a mechanical issue, serious in-transit body damage, etc.?

Lately i’ve seen people doing it to apply an expiring 4/4 PCO which stated “…take delivery by 4/4”.

I assume if something went wrong on delivery they can rip up the paperwork, get refunded, etc? Not sure how easily it would be to back out of a signed sale contact.

21 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Lately i’ve seen people doing it to apply an expiring 4/4 PCO which stated “…take delivery by 4/4”.

I assume if something went wrong on delivery they can rip up the paperwork, get refunded, etc? Not sure how easily it would be to back out of a signed sale contact.

Mine said order by OR take delivery by 4/4

1 hour ago, G8R said:

I checked the tracker this morning, and it finally showed a date, 4/9/22 (yesterday) by the “In Production” mark on the timeline. I ordered a F-250 King Ranch Ultimate pkg, with bedliner and 5th wheel prep.

I am/was scheduled for the week of 4/4 and never got a day of email. The tracker changed to in production on 4/1 and window sticker showed 4/1, the only thing that has changed since is my window sticker date changed to 4/8 on the 8th. I am in batch 5157 according to the window sticker. I would assume mine would be produced before your batch but maybe that's not the case. 

50 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

I get it. There are those who received a PCO after ordering, so to apply it they have to apply it by delivery date. 

I got my PCO after I ordered my truck on 12/7/21 and actually came in after my confirmation of 1/13/22, but I didn't realize that was the reason my dealer said I needed to close by 4/4 despite ordering before 4/4.  But my dealer has been in business for a very long time and the sales manager has been there like 25 years so when he said I needed to close, I didn't question, figured he knows the rules better than I do.  Besides, I had no plans to not buy the truck so closing the deal is better, interest rates have gone up since I first ordered and are going up again and I didn't want anything else to increase the price.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:59 AM, CSX4350 said:

According to Ice-Capades on the last page, if you don't get scheduled for a 22 build there will be no carryovers to 23, and no priority (or price protection) given to those who waited and never got their truck. So you won't have to cancel, they'll cancel it for you as soon as they transition to the 23 MY. I don't think I'm going to get mine, I ordered a Platinum 7.3 with virtually every option available, even though the dealer keeps telling me they're not showing any commodity restrictions I haven't heard a word about my truck. All customer service will say is "the order has been received" and the dealer can't tell me any more than that. I haven't even received the order confirmation email from Ford. You'd think for $81,000 they'd at least keep you in the loop.

My dealer said orders take "10 to 12 weeks", he's got a great sense of humor!

The information I provided was based on Ford's latest communication to Dealers regarding 2022/2023MY changeover as it currently applies. The regular policy has always been to provide no price protection, incentives or priority scheduling for unscheduled retail orders that are not built and then reordered for the next Model Year. Ford has made exceptions to this policy for selected vehicle lines and will make decisions as appropriate based on unscheduled retail orders at the time of "Balance Out" and market conditions to provide what Ford considers the appropriate action. 

I will provide additional information as it becomes available but don't expect to know anything further until Ford announces the 2022/2023MY Super Duty changeover timeline.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

I got my PCO after I ordered my truck on 12/7/21 and actually came in after my confirmation of 1/13/22, but I didn't realize that was the reason my dealer said I needed to close by 4/4 despite ordering before 4/4.  But my dealer has been in business for a very long time and the sales manager has been there like 25 years so when he said I needed to close, I didn't question, figured he knows the rules better than I do.  Besides, I had no plans to not buy the truck so closing the deal is better, interest rates have gone up since I first ordered and are going up again and I didn't want anything else to increase the price.

Even if your dealer is 100% honest there are a myriad of legal issues that could arise if something were to happen with it en route.  I’ve seen people pay for vehicles then it disappears and the buyer and dealer are left in a bind.

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

Even if your dealer is 100% honest there are a myriad of legal issues that could arise if something were to happen with it en route.  I’ve seen people pay for vehicles then it disappears and the buyer and dealer are left in a bind.

My sales manager told me they own the vehicle regardless if I already paid, they could change their mind and not sell it to me and it's not mine until they turn it over, even if I already paid.  I guess I'm taking a chance but they will do the right thing, I'm certain of it.

2 hours ago, Cbd5457 said:

I am/was scheduled for the week of 4/4 and never got a day of email. The tracker changed to in production on 4/1 and window sticker showed 4/1, the only thing that has changed since is my window sticker date changed to 4/8 on the 8th. I am in batch 5157 according to the window sticker. I would assume mine would be produced before your batch but maybe that's not the case. 

I too was scheduled for the week of 4/4, but never got scheduled for a particular date. Mine changed to in production, w/window sticker, on 4/1 as well.

When I checked the tracker this morning, it now showed a date of 4/9 beside the "In Production" portion of the timeline. I agree that I think you would be before me with the lower batch number. I still don't have any BCE modules showing in the AsBuilt data on the Motorcraft site. Have you checked that? You can check it at  https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt