2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

21 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Ice, I responded to this earlier, but I was thinking about this a little bit more.  The way I understand asset ownership of a custom ordered truck, the dealer owns the vehicle as soon as it leaves the factory, I didn't order it, the dealer did?  When the truck gets loaded onto a train car, the train transport company and their insurance now take full responsibility for the asset, the dealer is off the hook at this point?  FOB means free on board, so when a transport company ships something, you are now free of it, their insurance is now responsible for the asset.  Since my truck will be delivered by car carrier after CSX unloads at the ramp, the transport company will then assume full responsibility from CSX until it arrives at my dealer, at which time the dealer then assumes full responsibility from the transport company if they accept it as is or if damaged file a claim with transport company?

It would be no different than if I paid in advance for anything I special ordered, most times they want payment upfront.  Until I take possession of it, it's still not mine even if I paid already, all the shipping and transport companies own it or at least are fully responsible for it.  Have you never paid for something in advance but expected the thing to be perfect condition before you take delivery, you'd just say, I'm sorry, I want my money back, this is not what I paid for, I paid for an undamaged product?

If it was damaged in transit, that would be between the ordering dealer and CSX or dealer and the transport company, right?  As far as me signing the papers, nothing is really any different, it still belongs to the dealer even if I already paid for it, the dealer is who does business with Ford, I'm the customer of the dealer.  I've been doing business with this dealer for 23 years, they can't afford to screw me over, it would ruin their reputation and $87k is nothing compared to the damage it would cause them to hand me a truck in two pieces or bent to hell and say here you go buddy, thanks for the business, lol.  I completely trust them and I'm certain they will do the right thing and besides, the likelihood it will get seriously damaged is remote and if it did, that's not on me just because I already paid.  The $2k PCO expired on 4/4 but my truck has not been delivered, what would you have done differently?

I appreciate your reply and the reasons for your completing the transaction prior to taking actual delivery. My initial reply was based on 35 years of dealership experience including the actual vehicle inspection, acceptance and damage claims procedures, etc. Although our sales representatives knew that their retail ordered units were in transit, I did not authorize them to notify their customers that their vehicle had actually arrived until the vehicle inspection had been completed.  

The vast majority of vehicles are received by dealerships in good condition with no claims filed. Others are received with minor issues (scratches, etc.) that can be repaired by the dealership. Car carrier drivers are required to load the vehicles that they'll be hauling and are held responsible for vehicle damage that was not noted and recorded at the ramp prior to the vehicle being dispatched for delivery. At dealership delivery, any in-transit delivery revealed upon inspection must be noted on the Bill of Lading. In recent years, the carrier driver must shoot photos to document the damage and to support the dealership's subsequent claim. For damage requiring a claim, the dealership must send written notice, documentation and photos to the car carrier firm that supports the Bill of Lading (BOL). There is a time limit for the Dealer to notify the car carrier firm for damage noted at the time of delivery or afterwards. There is a whole section of the related Ford policy manual regard vehicle inspection, damage claims, procedures, etc. 

Vehicles with major or undetermined but questionable in-transit damage are diverted for inspection to determine the degree of damage and the disposition. There is a whole schedule for vehicle damage status and the related actions. In many cases, the damage is repaired at a Ford designated facility and then sent to the dealership. For vehicles with major damage, Ford may divert the unit for repair and eventually sell the vehicle at auction with disclosures or destroy the vehicle depending on the damage severity. 

Regardless, a claim for vehicle arriving at the dealership with damage noted on the BOL is filed directly with Ford. The claim counts against the responsible party, as determined by the damage, but is filed as an in-transit damage claim or warranty claim depending on the nature of the claim. 

The process and procedures for any vehicle damage claims and the processes involved are complex and depend on the individual vehicle condition. A customer making a contractual acceptance prior to vehicle delivery assumes a tremendous liability.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I appreciate your reply and the reasons for your completing the transaction prior to taking actual delivery. My initial reply was based on 35 years of dealership experience including the actual vehicle inspection, acceptance and damage claims procedures, etc. Although our sales representatives knew that their retail ordered units were in transit, I did not authorize them to notify their customers that their vehicle had actually arrived until the vehicle inspection had been completed.  

The vast majority of vehicles are received by dealerships in good condition with no claims filed. Others are received with minor issues (scratches, etc.) that can be repaired by the dealership. Car carrier drivers are required to load the vehicles that they'll be hauling and are held responsible for vehicle damage that was not noted and recorded at the ramp prior to the vehicle being dispatched for delivery. At dealership delivery, any in-transit delivery revealed upon inspection must be noted on the Bill of Lading. In recent years, the carrier driver must shoot photos to document the damage and to support the dealership's subsequent claim. For damage requiring a claim, the dealership must send written notice, documentation and photos to the car carrier firm that supports the Bill of Lading (BOL). There is a time limit for the Dealer to notify the car carrier firm for damage noted at the time of delivery or afterwards. There is a whole section of the related Ford policy manual regard vehicle inspection, damage claims, procedures, etc. 

Vehicles with major or undetermined but questionable in-transit damage are diverted for inspection to determine the degree of damage and the disposition. There is a whole schedule for vehicle damage status and the related actions. In many cases, the damage is repaired at a Ford designated facility and then sent to the dealership. For vehicles with major damage, Ford may divert the unit for repair and eventually sell the vehicle at auction with disclosures or destroy the vehicle depending on the damage severity. 

Regardless, a claim for vehicle arriving at the dealership with damage noted on the BOL is filed directly with Ford. The claim counts against the responsible party, as determined by the damage, but is filed as an in-transit damage claim or warranty claim depending on the nature of the claim. 

The process and procedures for any vehicle damage claims and the processes involved are complex and depend on the individual vehicle condition. A customer making a contractual acceptance prior to vehicle delivery assumes a tremendous liability.  

Ice, that all makes sense, I didn't know all that, but how could I right, your vast experience is something very few on this forum have, hence why we come here to learn.  Thanks, cautions noted, but I was willing to take a little risk to save $2k and my dealer promised me that I would not be left out hanging with liability.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Ice, that all makes sense, I didn't know all that, but how could I right, your vast experience is something very few on this forum have, hence why we come here to learn.  Thanks, cautions noted, but I was willing to take a little risk to save $2k and my dealer promised me that I would not be left out hanging with liability.

The point is there are some things that may come up that are beyond the dealer’s control.  You’ll probably be fine but it is very risky especially with a dealer who doesn’t care.

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

The point is there are some things that may come up that are beyond the dealer’s control.  You’ll probably be fine but it is very risky especially with a dealer who doesn’t care.

Risks noted, thanks, what would you have done different, forfeit the $2k PCO?

20 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Someone on another forum detailed their experience getting a PCO honored that would have otherwise expired:

Ok, for the first time on this Forum I think that I may have something useful to contribute rather than just being another chuckle monkey. Hopefully, this can help others as well.

I was able to sit down with both my salesperson and the GSM at the same time to try and work out the mystery of my $2,500 PCO that "expires" today. Our first call was to FMC Customer Service (800 334-4375). They were able to verify that I did in fact have a valid PCO but when the dealership started asking questions, they said were only a customer facing dept and could not talk to the dealer. The GSM was told by FMC Customer Service to contact the Dealer Assistance Center. We then called the Dealer Assistance Center and explained the situation and they verified who I was and that I did indeed have a valid PCO. The Dealer Assistance Center confirmed that until a VIN is issued for my order the dealer could not lock the PCO into Vincent. The Dealer Assistance Center instructed the GSM to enter a VIN from a similar truck into Vincent to verify eligibility and to print out the info from Vincent and save it along with proof of the order date until the truck gets delivered. Once the truck gets delivered the dealership needs to submit for an exception and include the order date and eligibility verification.
The GSM said that he was comfortable with this process and is going to honor the PCO. It was a PITA to get the GSM in the room with the salesman and myself, but I am happy with the outcome. All the calls were on speakerphone, so all parties were able to participate fully.

If anyone is needing a vehicle, I highly recommend Josh Stamper @ North Central Ford in Richardson, TX - I have purchased several cars from him and he is a stand-up guy and ex-LEO to boot

That said, I've seen dozens of guys say theirs were honored and they didn't have any trouble at all. Just sent it to the dealer and good to go.

Not saying your dealer was shady, probably just didn't know how to deal with the issue. Shame on Ford for the giant holes they've left with regard to stuff like that. 90% of this stuff there's nothing Ford can do about -- but the 10% they could have seems like it is really low hanging fruit to have ignored.

30 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

I don’t know.  Would depend on the situation.  We’re just letting everyone else know that it is risky so they can make an informed decision and not just assume there is no risk.

2 hours ago, G8R said:

I too was scheduled for the week of 4/4, but never got scheduled for a particular date. Mine changed to in production, w/window sticker, on 4/1 as well.

When I checked the tracker this morning, it now showed a date of 4/9 beside the "In Production" portion of the timeline. I agree that I think you would be before me with the lower batch number. I still don't have any BCE modules showing in the AsBuilt data on the Motorcraft site. Have you checked that? You can check it at  https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Yeah, I have been checking obsessively as much as I shouldn't admit that!  Guess the best we can do is hope we are moving along somewhere in the build process and cross our fingers for a built email soon. 

I talked with my salesman this past Thursday and he said he showed my truck as scheduled to be delivered on the 18th... he also said that can change at any time.  

18 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Finally received the "Built" notification on the tracker.

F-450 KRU, CCLB, 6.7, 4x4, 4.3 rear end, Antimatter Blue/Stone Grey, Moonroof, Motion Seats, ACC, LED lights, 5th wheel prep, mud flaps, tailgate step, floor mats, owner installed TPMS/Camera. Bed liner will be installed by LineX locally.

Timeline:

31st August - Ordered & confirmed

17th March - VIN issued and "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April

26th March - "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March - In Production, Sent to Plant

30th March - Window Sticker published

7th April - Production commenced

9th April - Built, awaiting shipment

No ETA, but expected around mid-May. OTD will be almost 9 months

Good luck on Thursday to everyone still waiting.

Congrats on the truck! And luck is needed ordered 11/24 and nothing yet. Hoping this Thursday I get the email. 

• Like 2

Ladies and gentlemen, I guess this will be my last post in this particular forum since I have taken delivery on Friday evening. Once I arrived at the dealership the process could not have gone any smoother. I already had the modifications done, so all that was left was the paperwork. With all the banter about price protection to say I was a little uneasy was an understatement. However, the topic never even came up in the conversation; honored, and they even threw in an ESP for 6 years/75,000 miles for only $200. Of course I’m well aware that it overlaps my current manufacturer warranty and it will only add up to 3 additional years but, for only $200 more for additional bumper to bumper coverage I would have been a fool to pass it up. 

I was in and out of the finance office in less than an hour driving that damn sweet truck home!

To all of you still waiting, please stay the course, it will happen, and it will be well worth the wait!!! I wish you all the very best, and I look forward to chatting with you in the other forums. 

To @ice-capades and @akirby and @cyberdman I cannot possibly thank you enough for the valuable insight that you provide! If not for you all I would still be waiting for a stock order that would never get built!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:11 PM, jstenger said:

fifthwheel prep is installed on the assembly line.

The only option added to my truck was the 5th wheel prep.  Records show it was sent OFF site AFTER production, then released for shipping.  This was sent to me by the sales manager.  No other reason to send the truck off site.

5thwprep.jpg

Edited by EB1959
changed upload
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I called the dealer where I order my 2022 super duty from back on January 31 to check on my status. It shows “unscheduled/clean” as it has for sometime. I realize this will be the case for awhile as I order it with the fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner. I also asked about the possibility of my order being converted to a 2023 and he said that they had not discussed converting any current orders to 2023’s, but as of April 01 they were no longer taking orders on super duty truck and that would be the case until the order portal open back up. He also estimated the order portal to open back up around August or September of this year and those orders would be 2023’s. Has anyone else heard or experienced this?  

On 3/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, paulwb said:

Ordered f350 with xplan signed dora and now dealer saying they wont honor xplan pricing.. 

Wow!  I also ordered with xplan with a signed dora. My truck is still a ways out as I only ordered it in January 31, but I was afraid this would also happen to me. How much more are they trying to add to the price?  

14 minutes ago, Mike83 said:

Wow!  I also ordered with xplan with a signed dora. My truck is still a ways out as I only ordered it in January 31, but I was afraid this would also happen to me. How much more are they trying to add to the price?  

it would be about $2500 , im still waiting on build date as well, so ill see when/if it gets here if they keep there word or not. i got pco for 2500 the other day so hopefully they keep there word and i get 5k off. if not i have a sign made for the back of truck with dealership name and how they dont keep there word that i will put on after deal is done. im sure it wont hurt there business but ill feel better.

23 minutes ago, paulwb said:

it would be about $2500 , im still waiting on build date as well, so ill see when/if it gets here if they keep there word or not. i got pco for 2500 the other day so hopefully they keep there word and i get 5k off. if not i have a sign made for the back of truck with dealership name and how they dont keep there word that i will put on after deal is done. im sure it wont hurt there business but ill feel better.

I would fly that sign loud and proud as well!  I hope they hold true to xplan price deal and honor the customer rebate offer. The only thing my dealer cautioned me about was if the order was converted to a 23 superduty that my pricing would change. Hoping that holds true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike83 said:

I called the dealer where I order my 2022 super duty from back on January 31 to check on my status. It shows “unscheduled/clean” as it has for sometime. I realize this will be the case for awhile as I order it with the fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner. I also asked about the possibility of my order being converted to a 2023 and he said that they had not discussed converting any current orders to 2023’s, but as of April 01 they were no longer taking orders on super duty truck and that would be the case until the order portal open back up. He also estimated the order portal to open back up around August or September of this year and those orders would be 2023’s. Has anyone else heard or experienced this?  

As I posted on April 8th...

In Ford's announcement to Dealers about the upcoming enhanced Vehicle Visibility, included was a FAQ section with additional information. I'm including a portion of that information here since the Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum has had the greatest volume in the past year.

Will unscheduled orders be ‘carried over’ or receive scheduling priority for the 2023MY?

No, Ford will not carry over orders and will not prioritize replacement orders.

Will Ford offer price protection or incentive protection on unbuilt orders? No

Ford's policies regarding the above could change, as Ford reviews the situation on an ongoing basis for each vehicle line and has taken actions in the past to assist customers. I will share relevant, additional information as it becomes available.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

In Ford's announcement to Dealers about the upcoming enhanced Vehicle Visibility, included was a FAQ section with additional information. I'm including a portion of that information here since the Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum has had the greatest volume in the past year.

Will unscheduled orders be ‘carried over’ or receive scheduling priority for the 2023MY?

Ford's policies regarding the above could change, as Ford reviews the situation on an ongoing basis for each vehicle line and has taken actions in the past to assist customers. I will share relevant, additional information as it becomes available.

IMO...This would be a rather poor way to treat a customer who committed to an order and Ford did hold up their end.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

IMO...This would be a rather poor way to treat a customer who committed to an order and Ford did hold up their end.

I'm just reporting Ford's latest statement to Dealers. Time will tell whether Ford changes its policy, especially regarding Super Duty's. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks for the info sir!  Didn’t see that post, but this thread is pretty active. I guess all I can do is see what happens. Worst case… I get my deposit back and keep driving my 2020. Then I can see how much the price increases for a 23my would be when the order portal opens back up again. Then make the decision if I want to get on the wait list for another year.