2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

31 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:

How are the trucks in batch 5170 doing???    I’m #94 / 722  this is overwhelming to say the very least.  

@Sh6l9by I'm 315/722 in that batch. The a date of 4/9 showed up beside the "In Production" portion of the timeline yesterday (4/10). When I checked this morning, the BCE module had populated in the AsBuilt data on the motorcraft website. Many have said that this indicates that the truck has been built. I have the spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep kit, so it will be sent across the street from the plant to GFX for that installation. From what I have seen, the tracker can sometimes lag a day or so in posting updates. You should be ahead of me. Hopefully we will see  "Built" on the tracker soon. Good luck!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, G8R said:

@Sh6l9by I'm 315/722 in that batch. The a date of 4/9 showed up beside the "In Production" portion of the timeline yesterday (4/10). When I checked this morning, the BCE module had populated in the AsBuilt data on the motorcraft website. Many have said that this indicates that the truck has been built. I have the spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep kit, so it will be sent across the street from the plant to GFX for that installation. From what I have seen, the tracker can sometimes lag a day or so in posting updates. You should be ahead of me. Hopefully we will see  "Built" on the tracker soon. Good luck!

Thanks so much that’s more information than I’ve gotten in a long time. Spray, 5th prep, amongst ALL the other things I WANTED OBVIOUSLY it takes  time I’m just struggling with the lack of knowledge. I get it, it’s a journey but I feel like I’m stuck in the driveway. Once it gets on the train I only hope I can be as patient as some of you guys.

PLEASE keep me posted if you have ANY knowledge about the process.

Edited by Sh6l9by
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, G8R said:

I was batch 5095   #3,146/3,391 and mine also completed production 9th April, with the BCE codes populating the next day. Our trucks were probably on the production line together

Edited by Rangers09

52 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I was batch 5095   #3,146/3,391 and mine also completed production 9th April, with the BCE codes populating the next day. Our trucks were probably on the production line together

@Rangers09 Has yours shown as "Built" in the tracker?

On 4/9/2022 at 10:27 PM, Rangers09 said:

Finally received the "Built" notification on the tracker.

F-450 KRU, CCLB, 6.7, 4x4, 4.3 rear end, Antimatter Blue/Stone Grey, Moonroof, Motion Seats, ACC, LED lights, 5th wheel prep, mud flaps, tailgate step, floor mats, owner installed TPMS/Camera. Bed liner will be installed by LineX locally.

Timeline:

31st August - Ordered & confirmed

17th March - VIN issued and "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April

26th March - "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March - In Production, Sent to Plant

30th March - Window Sticker published

7th April - Production commenced

9th April - Built, awaiting shipment

No ETA, but expected around mid-May. OTD will be almost 9 months

Good luck on Thursday to everyone still waiting.

I ordered a F450 XLT on April 19th was supposed to be built April 7th started April 8th then nothing hasn't moved since Friday ? 

On 4/8/2022 at 10:06 AM, ice-capades said:

Vehicle Visibility Enhancement

Ford is introducing enhanced display features and options next week that will include "Unscheduled Order Display" and the option to display Order Type, Priority Code, Scheduling Disposition, Customer Name, etc. 

In Ford's announcement to Dealers about the upcoming enhanced Vehicle Visibility, included was a FAQ section with additional information. I'm including a portion of that information here since the Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum has had the greatest volume in the past year.

Will unscheduled orders be ‘carried over’ or receive scheduling priority for the 2023MY?

No, Ford will not carry over orders and will not prioritize replacement orders.

Will Ford offer price protection or incentive protection on unbuilt orders? No

Ford's policies regarding the above could change, as Ford reviews the situation on an ongoing basis for each vehicle line and has taken actions in the past to assist customers. I will share relevant, additional information as it becomes available.

Are these vehicle visibility enhancements only for dealers?  Or will I (a customer) be able to go to a website and check those details on my order?  I specifically would like to see if my priority code is truly what the dealer told me he submitted.

Thank you @ice-capades!!

28 minutes ago, rubriv said:

Are these vehicle visibility enhancements only for dealers?  Or will I (a customer) be able to go to a website and check those details on my order?  I specifically would like to see if my priority code is truly what the dealer told me he submitted.

Thank you @ice-capades!!

Dealer only

49 minutes ago, rubriv said:

Thank you @ice-capades!!

Vehicle Visibility access is restricted to Dealers and those with access to the FMCDealer web portal. 

4 hours ago, Browneyes033 said:

I ordered a F450 XLT on April 19th was supposed to be built April 7th started April 8th then nothing hasn't moved since Friday ? 

Mine was originally scheduled to start April 6th, but was delayed a day. Hopefully you get confirmation of the build today. Mine was released today and awaits shipping.

Been a long wait, enjoy your truck when it arrives.

5 hours ago, G8R said:

@Rangers09 Has yours shown as "Built" in the tracker?

Affirmative, mine showed built on the tracker late evening on April 9th and the BCE codes showed the following day. Today is shows released, awaiting shipment.

Just received my weekly update from our dealer with a screenshot of the VVR. No ETA's yet.

I think I know the answer to this but I just want to be sure....

If you have a VIN assigned, are you assured that the truck will be built during this model year?  

Logically, I think the answer is "Yes" since the year built is embedded in the VIN but....that doesn't mean that they can't cancel the VIN and make you re-order for the next model year.

Do any of the really smart Ford contacts on this board know for sure??

30 minutes ago, Glenn in AZ said:

I think I know the answer to this but I just want to be sure....

If you have a VIN assigned, are you assured that the truck will be built during this model year?  

Logically, I think the answer is "Yes" since the year built is embedded in the VIN but....that doesn't mean that they can't cancel the VIN and make you re-order for the next model year.

Do any of the really smart Ford contacts on this board know for sure??

A VIN means it’s been scheduled so it should get built eventually but there are no guarantees.  

On 4/9/2022 at 5:49 AM, 787Toolman said:

My latest call to CSX automated train car tracker now says the train car is still in Cayce, SC since 4/5 at 10 am.  Next stop at Dixiana SC is no longer mentioned.  Dixiana is the final destination and unload point.  My sales manager said he has one Super Duty customer ahead of me and his truck was delayed in Cayce on a different train car for two weeks so apparently there is a huge traffic jam in Dixiana, but that truck has been unloaded at Dixiana now.  Dixiana has what looks like from Goggle maps to have about ~500 parking slots.  We have BMW in upstate shipping cars overseas that get loaded at Dixiana to go to ocean shipping port at Charleston to get loaded on ships while all the other brands are coming in for unload for truck transport.  Also, there is a national shortage of trucks, trailers and drivers, the entire world is going thru a global reset in many respects, dealers are selling many more vehicles as retail rather than majority as stock orders. I've been noticing many local dealers seem to look more like a used car lot vs. mostly new stock.  I should be driving mine soon, I went ahead and closed my sale and signed all the papers, just waiting for my new ride to show up, even my insurance company already has it added to my policy.

How did you find out what train car your pickup is on? Did you get that from your salesman or is there a way to look it up online using the VIN?

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I'm just reporting Ford's latest statement to Dealers. Time will tell whether Ford changes its policy, especially regarding Super Duty's. 

As always, thank you for the information.  Hopefully Ford will be willing AND able to make the best of the situation for the customers that have been patiently waiting. 

23 hours ago, EB1959 said:

The only option added to my truck was the 5th wheel prep.  Records show it was sent OFF site AFTER production, then released for shipping.  This was sent to me by the sales manager.  No other reason to send the truck off site.

5thwprep.jpg

I don't know what to say. Like I said before it was stated by an employee at KTP. I definitely can't confirm it since I don't work there. I do know that they have sent trucks offsite because they were missing a component that the plant ran out of during a particular shift. Maybe that was the case for you. 

40 minutes ago, jstenger said:

I don't know what to say. Like I said before it was stated by an employee at KTP. I definitely can't confirm it since I don't work there. I do know that they have sent trucks offsite because they were missing a component that the plant ran out of during a particular shift. Maybe that was the case for you. 

The ones waiting on parts are normally labeled microchip hold and it takes more than a day.

4 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Mine was originally scheduled to start April 6th, but was delayed a day. Hopefully you get confirmation of the build today. Mine was released today and awaits shipping.

Been a long wait, enjoy your truck when it arrives.

Thanks I will. Enjoy your when you get it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

How did you find out what train car your pickup is on? Did you get that from your salesman or is there a way to look it up online using the VIN?

Basin Gal, my sales manager got the train car info from some software that I think Ford provides, maybe VVR that others have mentioned.  He texted a few screen shots to me, I didn't even ask for it, he just knew I would want to know.

Good luck, what do you have on order and when is your build planned?

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

Basin Gal, my sales manager got the train car info from some software that I think Ford provides, maybe VVR that others have mentioned.  He texted a few screen shots to me, I didn't even ask for it, he just knew I would want to know.

Good luck, what do you have on order and when is your build planned?

Thanks for the info. We have a F350 Lariat DRW that was built 3/28 and shipped 4/9. We received two emails: one saying it would arrive between 4/11-17 and the other saying 5/7-13. I saw your post and was intrigued at how much tracking detail you were able to get. Hope you get your pickup soon!

• Like 1