2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

So far though this order process, I've received Ford email updates Thursday night, Friday mornings only.  I would assume that's when they run the emails out.  So IF our truck gets loaded on a carrier say on a Tuesday, will I still have to wait till Thursday/Friday to see that update?

Latest update from my dealer :

Awaiting Shipment Delay - Convoy Carrier Kentucky Truck, KY Apr-07-2022, 00:00 UTCApr-08-2022Apr-14-2022

Awaiting Shipment Delay - Convoy Carrier Kentucky Truck, KY Apr-04-2022, 00:00 UTCApr-05-2022Apr-11-2022

21 hours ago, JB & JB said:

Still waiting on ours over here.  Hoping today is our day and that the dealer honors the ordered pricing.

Screenshot 2022-04-11 080344.png

How exciting! You are so close to driving those shiny new wheels! It sounds like from other posts that Ford is making dealers honor their pricing, but you never know if they might try to include some mandatory dealer add ons.

On 4/9/2022 at 8:26 PM, JB & JB said:

Still waiting over here.  Shipped 3/16 estimated delivery changed 3 times latest window was 4/8 -11.  

That sounds torturous. Ours was shipped Friday, 3/9 estimated to arrive this week. But, we have received different emails with different arrival dates a month apart. What state are you in? I’m curious if the shipping delays are in certain regions of the country  since other people have said their pickups are arriving without delay. Hope you get your pickup this week!

28 minutes ago, es44c4 said:

Is there a way to tell from the window sticker where my unit is being built?

It will be displayed on the physical Window Sticker attached to the vehicle but not on the digital version. The majority of Super Duty vehicles are built at the Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP). 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Thanks 1

2022-04-12_8-52-40.png.129184b469f332605097009122030692.png

33 minutes ago, es44c4 said:

Is there a way to tell from the windowsticker where my unit is being built?

Upper left corner of the window sticker.  It will say KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant) followed by a dash and some numbers and appears on both the digital (online) and physical stickers.  KTP builds Expedition and Navigator SUV's and F250, F350, F450 and F550 trucks.  The only other truck plant is the Ohio Assembly Plant where they build E-series vans, and F650 and F750 trucks.

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Upper left corner of the window sticker.  I will say KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant), which is where they build Expedition and Navigator SUV's and F250, F350, F450 and F550 trucks.  The only other truck plant is the Ohio Assembly Plant where they build E-series vans, and F650 and F750 trucks.

I wasn't even thinking of the upper left corner. I was thinking of the lower left part of the Window Sticker where it shows the Plant, "Sold To" and "Shipped To" information on the physical versions attached to the vehicle.  

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I wasn't even thinking of the upper left corner. I was thinking of the lower left part of the Window Sticker where it shows the Plant, "Sold To" and "Shipped To" information on the physical versions attached to the vehicle.  

My physical sticker says Kentucky in the Final Assembly Plant box at the bottom of the sticker right above the Method of Transport box (Rail).  Online, the Final Assembly Plant box is blanked out, but interestingly enough, when I saved my online sticker as a PDF, you can look really close and see that the Assembly box is VERY faint, but shows Kentucky, and on the physical window sticker, the KTP-xxxxx at the top left is not there at all

Edited by NH_Bulldog

2 hours ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

That sounds torturous. Ours was shipped Friday, 3/9 estimated to arrive this week. But, we have received different emails with different arrival dates a month apart. What state are you in? I’m curious if the shipping delays are in certain regions of the country  since other people have said their pickups are arriving without delay. Hope you get your pickup this week!

We are still waiting...we're in California, using a dealer that we have used for years, although this is the first special order from them.  If I'd known I'd have had better luck out of state I would have gone that route.  Our first arrival date was end of March, then April 3-9, then April 8-11, still not truck on the 12th.  Ford customer service said the truck is in CA, but dealer (salesguy) insists there is no VVR, and the forum is not legitimate. Unbelievable!  We have learned lots during this process, and hopefully the end result will be the dealer honoring the price from November.  We never received any emails or any correspondence from the dealer or Ford, so we have had to call Ford to get the VIN to start the lookup process which we first did in February.  We figured it should be in production by then, and it entered production on February 23rd.  The most frustrating part is trying to plan your life around picking up a vehicle that has an unknown delivery date.

15 hours ago, jstenger said:

I don't know what to say. Like I said before it was stated by an employee at KTP. I definitely can't confirm it since I don't work there. I do know that they have sent trucks offsite because they were missing a component that the plant ran out of during a particular shift. Maybe that was the case for you. 

If I recall correctly, the post stating the 5th prep is installed on the line, was from an ex-employee. I believe they stated 9 or 10 yrs ago. My truck also went off-site for a day and as of yesterday was released for shipping. The only reason to send it off-site would have been the 5th wheel prep.

• Like 1

I find this forum to be so very fascinating!!

Our F350 Superduty DRW with all the bells and whistles was ordered November 17, 2021. On the very day it was ordered we had to cancel the spray in bed liner and adaptive steering. Those two items placed in on an indefinite hold. So we did. A couple of months later, after contacting the dealership, we asked now what is holding up the truck. Their answer was the box cover and 5th wheel prep kit. The cover was canceled but not the 5th wheel prep kit. The day after we ordered our truck we received an email from Ford telling us to 'hang in there' and that Ford would get to us when they could. Four months and one day later we received another email from Ford to  'Again hang in there."

Yesterday (4-11-22) we again stopped by the dealership and asked "Now what is the hold?" They were very upfront about their answer and showed us where their dealership was allotted 4 Superduties for the month on April. They then showed us who many folks in this area were still waiting for trucks. The file cabinet drawer must have had 60 files in it!!

To all of you folks who are receiving your trucks - more power to you.

We have decided - What a waste of time and $'s this has become and we doubt that the new truck will appear this year.

Edited by J. J.
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, J. J. said:

I find this forum to be so very fascinating!!

Our F350 Superduty DRW with all the bells and whistles was ordered November 17, 2021. On the very day it was ordered we had to cancel the spray in bed liner and adaptive steering. Those two items placed in on an indefinite hold. So we did. A couple of months later, after contacting the dealership, we asked now what is holding up the truck. Their answer was the box cover and 5th wheel prep kit. The cover was canceled but not the 5th wheel prep kit. The day after we ordered our truck we received an email from Ford telling us to 'hang in there' and that Ford would get to us when they could. Four months and one day later we received another email from Ford to  'Again hang in there."

Yesterday (4-11-22) we again stopped by the dealership and asked "Now what is the hold?" They were very upfront about their answer and showed us where their dealership was allotted 4 Superduties for the month on April. They then showed us who many folks in this area were still waiting for trucks. The file cabinet drawer must have had 60 files in it!!

To all of you folks who are receiving your trucks - more power to you.

We have decided - What a waste of time and $'s this has become and we doubt that the new truck will appear this year.

Did you ask what number you were in the order bank?  It took me 3 months to get from 11th truck order to getting scheduled. This is the issue with the dealers not being up front about how many are ahead of you waiting to be scheduled. They know what is allocated each month. And ford gets the blame for trucks not being scheduled when it’s the dealer not informing people that the truck they ordered will take months or more because of the orders ahead of them. People could call other dealers that don’t have as many orders and possibly get scheduled sooner 

Dear "Dog breath"

Before I get started here, my wife and I got a kick out of your display name.

You made a comment about asking "What number you were in the order bank?" I had no idea they could inform a customer of this. It is something I will call the dealership this afternoon and inquire about.

On our last visit to the dealership, as mentioned a couple of days ago, they were quickly able to inform us of how many Superduties they were allocated for a specific time period, but offered nothing past that. Thanks for the information. I will question them as you mentioned, but expect nothing from them other than "We don't know the answer to that."

As I said, we are fed up with this process and would expect Ford and the dealership to keep their customers better informed. Ford has to know what is back-ordered and when it is 'expected' to be at their plants or they couldn't run a business.

Just once (well actually more than once) we would like to receive a call from 'somebody' informing us of 'something' rather than answering our questions back to us.

I guess I expect to much for attempting to purchase an $83,000 truck.

J. J.

• Like 1

Anything on my build I should look at removing in order to speed things up?  I know nothing is promised but I am willing to let go of things I can either add later on or live without.  If nothing on my order is holding things up then ill just leave them on.

Dealership is almost useless when I talk to them.  

Ordered 1/19/22 and it is a Platinum.  No other updates on the build process. 

order.jpg

6 hours ago, JB & JB said:

but dealer (salesguy) insists there is no VVR, and the forum is not legitimate. Unbelievable!  We have learned lots during this process, and hopefully the end result will be the dealer honoring the price from November. 

your salesman is an idiot, vehicle visibility report is real, and it has a LOT of data we can't use, but it also has critical information the dealer can pass along to you.  Call the sales manager at the dealership.

If you meet the qualifications you can ask for a status update in the proper sub forum.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, J. J. said:

Dear "Dog breath"

Before I get started here, my wife and I got a kick out of your display name.

You made a comment about asking "What number you were in the order bank?" I had no idea they could inform a customer of this. It is something I will call the dealership this afternoon and inquire about.

On our last visit to the dealership, as mentioned a couple of days ago, they were quickly able to inform us of how many Superduties they were allocated for a specific time period, but offered nothing past that. Thanks for the information. I will question them as you mentioned, but expect nothing from them other than "We don't know the answer to that."

As I said, we are fed up with this process and would expect Ford and the dealership to keep their customers better informed. Ford has to know what is back-ordered and when it is 'expected' to be at their plants or they couldn't run a business.

Just once (well actually more than once) we would like to receive a call from 'somebody' informing us of 'something' rather than answering our questions back to us.

I guess I expect to much for attempting to purchase an $83,000 truck.

J. J.

Since we all purchase from dealers, it is their responsibility to keep us, the customer, informed. The dealers are provided regular updates from Ford and the dealers also have 24/7 access to the status of each order.

Some other questions to ask your dealer:

- Did your dealer submit your order as a COVP order, as dealers receive additional allocations for COVP orders

- In addition to how many SD orders are ahead of yours, how is the dealer managing your priority code. Since you ordered in Nov 21, I would expect your Priority Code now to be a lower number

- Since you ordered in November, has your dealer contacted the local Ford Rep to request Priority 1 or 2 for your order. If the dealer hasn't, I would be asking why your dealer is not managing your order effectively. Usually after 3 or 4 months, if still unscheduled, dealers request Priority 1 or 2. 

To give you an example of a quality dealer, my Priority Code number was reduced each month and after 3 months, my dealer requested and received Priority 1 or 2. I receive weekly updates, which include a screenshot of the latest entry in the VVR. Prior to being scheduled, my dealer also advised on a regular basis how many orders were ahead of mine.

Good luck in getting scheduled, but help yourself, by making your dealer provide you with quality customer service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teecamp said:

Anything on my build I should look at removing in order to speed things up?  I know nothing is promised but I am willing to let go of things I can either add later on or live without.  If nothing on my order is holding things up then ill just leave them on.

Dealership is almost useless when I talk to them.  

Ordered 1/19/22 and it is a Platinum.  No other updates on the build process. 

order.jpg

Personally, I’d leave it alone.

The only item I see to remove is wheel well liners, but NoOne has ever said anything about that being a constraint.

Platinums and Limiteds have been slow to schedule/build.  However,, if you change Trim level you lose price protection.

So, again, I’d leave your fairly basic build options alone…my $.02.

PS We have an F250 Platti Tremor on order, now at 10 months without a VIN…we’ll wait for the truck we want…hang tough.

1 hour ago, Nolahd27 said:

With Ford scheduling builds in May, if your selected when do the emails begin to go out?  Just want to know a mass email goes out to everyone or if they schedule  throughput the week and send the email.

Thanks 

They send them out Thursday morning, usually. For COVP orders you can get them whenever but I have not heard of someone receiving one except for on Thursday.

34 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

Anyone know what it means when it says “in transit - delay - convoy carrier” ? My eta was to be delivered today..

It means your truck is sitting at a hub waiting for road transport.  There have been a lot of delays with road transport due to not having enough drivers and increased volume.