2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, jhbyers3 said:

Anyone been told to remove the spray in bed liner to get their Super Duty built faster?  I ordered 12/21/2021 with not visibility to production start date.  I know many have waited much longer.......

I order my king ranch 12-1. With spray in bed liner and fifth wheel   Was built last week and awaiting shipment

16 minutes ago, Blue oval 104 said:

I order my king ranch 12-1. With spray in bed liner and fifth wheel   Was built last week and awaiting shipment

That doesn’t put me too far behind you, then. And a very similar build. Mind sharing when you got the initial scheduling email?

On 4/13/2022 at 9:48 AM, F250less said:

Holy Moly, I ordered July 13th and thought I was one of the earliest out there! Hang in there Browneyes033!!!

Ordered F450 Platinum on April 28, 2021 - still waiting, no VIN no date. 

1 hour ago, Blackhawk23 said:

That doesn’t put me too far behind you, then. And a very similar build. Mind sharing when you got the initial scheduling email?

Keep in mind that although you may have ordered around the same "date," much of the determination for wait times comes from the number of orders at your dealer. For example, I ordered mine 2/9/22 and am looking at being scheduled this month according to my dealer as I am already the oldest order at my dealer. This is because there were only 4 other orders I believe when I placed mine. From my understanding, many people who ordered for example in August and are still waiting is likely due to the fact that perhaps their dealer had 50 other super duty orders when they placed their own. This means 50 orders had to be scheduled before theirs was "up next." Of course, you have to factor in different priority codes and constraints, but I think for the most part everyone is priority 10 with no constraints. Not trying to be a smart ass! And you may already know this, but this is my understanding. I could be wrong as well, if Ice sees this or any of the other mods I'm sure they'll correct me. I wish you the best of luck though and hope that your process is exactly how you are expecting!

TL:DR Lead times are more directly related to the number of orders ahead of your own rather than the date your order was placed. 

Edit: I want to note that there are obviously more reasons you may or may not get picked up (part/chip shortages, trim level, plant scheduling) but I just wanted to address what I think is one of the biggest reasons. 

Edited by Alex Kreh
Noted in post

On 4/12/2022 at 9:25 PM, ice-capades said:

The "Ramp" refers to the final rail destination

Before I saw your explanation of "ramp codes", I noticed this on my WS and did some research.  I found this page off the FTE site (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) .   I realize you've been in this business a long time.  I live on the East side of Tennessee and the Ford dealers out my way get all their vehicles by  truck transport, not rail, so I'm a bit confused for sure now.  From what I read, these are destination codes but  does not mean "how" they get there.  Like why send a vehicle by Rail, if the dealer is in Kentucky for example.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dFdPnCn3ecHk1ioXKJ3Cc1p3snlOfXSh3MXswVtsahw/edit#gid=1021404829

Edited by EB1959

In a conversation with my salesman and sales manager, they said they assign priority 10 to all new orders and Ford kicks the order back to them with a priority code 19. I had them reassign priority 10 and it has stuck for 2-3 weeks now. Still no action on VIN or scheduling. 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, ice-capades said:

The "Ramp" refers to the final rail destination with each ramp having its own number designation. 

Thanks, I was imagining some loading dock with a concrete ramp and wondering why they would leave it sitting on some ramp when they could just park it in a lot somewhere.  Hahaha 

Edited by 4thTimer

So from the amount of activity on here I’m guessing the people who received scheduled emails are few and far between.i didn’t get one either, maybe we all get one next week, if they schedule next week. Best of luck to everyone

• Like 1

Well I just got done chatting with Fords customer service to see if they could tell me when my truck will be delivered from the ramp to my dealership. It has been sitting at the ramp since 4/6. They said it is in a Delay Rail Transportation status That should be resolved by 4/23. That means my truck will be sitting 40 miles from my house for 3 weeks what a bummer. ☹️??

Edited by JC2014
  • Angry 2

6 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Keep in mind that although you may have ordered around the same "date," much of the determination for wait times comes from the number of orders at your dealer. For example, I ordered mine 2/9/22 and am looking at being scheduled this month according to my dealer as I am already the oldest order at my dealer. This is because there were only 4 other orders I believe when I placed mine. From my understanding, many people who ordered for example in August and are still waiting is likely due to the fact that perhaps their dealer had 50 other super duty orders when they placed their own. This means 50 orders had to be scheduled before theirs was "up next." Of course, you have to factor in different priority codes and constraints, but I think for the most part everyone is priority 10 with no constraints. Not trying to be a smart ass! And you may already know this, but this is my understanding. I could be wrong as well, if Ice sees this or any of the other mods I'm sure they'll correct me. I wish you the best of luck though and hope that your process is exactly how you are expecting!

TL:DR Lead times are more directly related to the number of orders ahead of your own rather than the date your order was placed. 

Edit: I want to note that there are obviously more reasons you may or may not get picked up (part/chip shortages, trim level, plant scheduling) but I just wanted to address what I think is one of the biggest reasons. 

Trust me, I hear ya. I recently called my dealer and forced him to ask the inventory manager how many super duties they have on order and where I am in line. 2 Weeks ago he said they had 300+ on order and I was number 117. This is a high volume dealer in Central Texas known for selling primarily trucks (Mac Haik) Ford. But dang, that is still a lot of trucks ahead of me. Oh well. First world problems. I don't need the truck immediately. Just would be nice to have.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Here is a link that was posted earlier in this thread that explains the process. https://www.focusrs.org/threads/the-ford-ordering-process-explained-from-start-to-finish.908/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nutz said:

Here is a link that was posted earlier in this thread that explains the process. https://www.focusrs.org/threads/the-ford-ordering-process-explained-from-start-to-finish.908/

The only confusing part about this post was how he explained the priority codes.  All I have been reading the past few months is how retail is between 10-19 and stock is above 20 if I am remembering right.  He mentions how his retail order could be a 20..etc.  Maybe certain things have changed since 2015 when the post was created?  Who knows.  Great post though.  Explains so much.

Ordered 12/6/21, and was on standby mode with no clue on the entire process. Found this forum and learned some key points. Educate yourself on the process. Forego the salesman and deal directly with the sales manager if you can. Find out where you are in the dealers queue. Ask to have your priority code updated. I call once a month and ask; how many allocations they got for the month, and where my order stands. 
We can’t control how long it takes to get our trucks build, but the little things we can control helps ease the waiting game we all have to endure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DNICE said:

In a conversation with my salesman and sales manager, they said they assign priority 10 to all new orders and Ford kicks the order back to them with a priority code 19. I had them reassign priority 10 and it has stuck for 2-3 weeks now. Still no action on VIN or scheduling. 

More Dealer BS. 

• Like 3

On 4/13/2022 at 7:40 PM, JC2014 said:

Its not do bad when your truck is unscheduled ,in production,built then shipped. You can kinda keep tract of the progress as it goes along. But when your truck gets received at the final ramp your at the mercy of God as to when it will get delivered to the dealership.

This is by far the worst anticipation.

Oh I so much agree! Mine is sitting in a railyard in South Chicago since 4/5 and it's killing me!!? I'm 1.5 hour drive north of there.