2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Checked the Tracker this morning and it was no longer showing “Shipped Status” like it has been since 3/27. 

I knew the truck had arrived at the Port Richmond Railyard here in California on 4/8, and had been just sitting there teasing me ever since. 

38444C79-6DCC-4952-80D8-A413BAB46254.jpeg

Edited by Late Apex 61
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Man mines been “In Production” for two weeks now.  The excitement is killing me.  Just hoping the delivery time isn’t nuts.  I’ve worked hard to cover all my bases so the dealer can’t get one over on me.  I have it in writing that they will honor my Xplan pricing, cash incentive offer, and price protection.  I’ve laid out my expectations for when the truck arrives.  Last thing I need to do is send someone in with my trade in vehicle no more than 7 days before the truck arrives.  That way I can get a written quote for the value and they can’t screw me on that come time to pick up the new F350.  That should take care of 99% of the ways they could up charge me for this truck.  Now just need it built and delivered!

Anyone else in the 5170 batch get the built email yet?  Mine was heavily optioned and I see modules in the As Built info so I am assuming it’s the bed liner install slowing it down.  Wish I could go help build it I want it so bad!  Been waiting since November, almost there…

18 minutes ago, Drunkpunk082 said:

Man mines been “In Production” for two weeks now.  The excitement is killing me.  Just hoping the delivery time isn’t nuts.  I’ve worked hard to cover all my bases so the dealer can’t get one over on me.  I have it in writing that they will honor my Xplan pricing, cash incentive offer, and price protection.  I’ve laid out my expectations for when the truck arrives.  Last thing I need to do is send someone in with my trade in vehicle no more than 7 days before the truck arrives.  That way I can get a written quote for the value and they can’t screw me on that come time to pick up the new F350.  That should take care of 99% of the ways they could up charge me for this truck.  Now just need it built and delivered!

Anyone else in the 5170 batch get the built email yet?  Mine was heavily optioned and I see modules in the As Built info so I am assuming it’s the bed liner install slowing it down.  Wish I could go help build it I want it so bad!  Been waiting since November, almost there…

Good luck i have a signed agreement with xplan and dealer called month ago saying they werent honoring xplan now, spoke with friend who is attorney and said not much you can do even with signed document.. Hoping they honor when truck is delivered but we'll see

20 minutes ago, paulwb said:

Good luck i have a signed agreement with xplan and dealer called month ago saying they werent honoring xplan now, spoke with friend who is attorney and said not much you can do even with signed document.. Hoping they honor when truck is delivered but we'll see

I've seen this said on various forums probably two dozen times or more over the last year or so. 

Seems to be more common lately and it seems like it has a lot to do with people talking to sales staff instead of the dealership GM. Anyone other than the GM tells you they are not going to honor your sales agreement, just say thanks for your time, hang up, and call back and talk to the GM.

Now, if the GM tells you they won't honor their agreement -- then open a ticket with Ford Marketing. I've heard a few people say they had success via this method. 

Agree with your friend, though, it wouldn't be worth it to take them to court over. If if you win, you lose. 

1 hour ago, Drunkpunk082 said:

I’m right there with you 5170  94/722 still says in production. My dealer told me I should have it first week of May. I’ve been obsessed with this truck, my wife said more so then when my kids were born.

actually found my truck offered by local dealerships FAT CHANCE it’s mine.

Edited by Sh6l9by

How do you find your batch number, is that something you get when the truck is in the production phase?

Does anyone know if going with DRW is causing any delays - order in November and haven’t heard anything since confirmation email.

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:

I’m right there with you 5170  94/722 still says in production. My dealer told me I should have it first week of May. I’ve been obsessed with this truck, my wife said more so then when my kids were born.

actually found my truck offered by local dealerships FAT CHANCE it’s mine.

5254 here, was built 04/13.

Quoting another user from another forum on their "4/4 build week thread" on 04/11 in the AM.

Just talked to my dealership and mine is built and released, but has not shipped yet. I did have to go to GFX for the liner, however, I don't have 5wp on mine. My WS was populated 3/31, updated to 4/1 and then 4/8 and finally 4/10. I was 625/722 in batch 5170 for what it's worth. My modules didn't populate until this morning either.

Seeing that makes me wonder if you're on some kind of hold. Seems like people with bed covers and/or wheel well liners are the ones getting held up the most.

2 hours ago, gom said:

I've seen this said on various forums probably two dozen times or more over the last year or so. 

Seems to be more common lately and it seems like it has a lot to do with people talking to sales staff instead of the dealership GM. Anyone other than the GM tells you they are not going to honor your sales agreement, just say thanks for your time, hang up, and call back and talk to the GM.

Now, if the GM tells you they won't honor their agreement -- then open a ticket with Ford Marketing. I've heard a few people say they had success via this method. 

Agree with your friend, though, it wouldn't be worth it to take them to court over. If if you win, you lose. 

I acttually called ford and did that so il wait til truck built and see if they honor it with a little nudge from ford

I’ve got to give a shout-out to my salesman Kris Talbot at Ken Garff Ford in American Fork UT. My MIL, uncle and I all ordered at the same time but all had our trucks shipped within a few days of each other. My MIL’s truck has been sitting in the Salt Lake rail yard for a few days so my salesman drove up there himself (with his managers approval of course) and grabbed the truck so she didn’t have to wait any longer for it. They also are going to honor the original order price (like they should) since we ordered back in early September. With all the crappy stories with dealers out there, I thought I’d share a positive one! My truck is still on its way in Nebraska right now but hopefully it arrives soon!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nolahd27 said:

How do you find your batch number, is that something you get when the truck is in the production phase?

Does anyone know if going with DRW is causing any delays - order in November and haven’t heard anything since confirmation email.

Thanks

Our pickup is a DRW that we ordered 9/24/21. It started being built 3/17/22 and was finished 3/28/22. It's being shipped now. Our build date was originally scheduled for the week of 2/7/21, but from what we understand the delay was because of the chip and not related to the DRW.

Does anybody have a guess of how many 2022 Super Duty trucks are still on order?  I still have about 60 in front of me at my dealer and they see 2-10 a month delivered.  At 2 per month, it will be 2.5 years until mine would show up.  Order a 2022 and maybe get a 2024 after placing two more orders and going to the back of the line.  Even at 10 per month it would be another 6 months left to wait - several months after they start the 2023 model year.

The last new vehicle I ordered took 8 weeks from order to my driveway.  The factory messed up the two tone paint but I kept it and had the only one like it in the country!

Thanks

On 4/14/2022 at 9:18 PM, Blackhawk23 said:

Trust me, I hear ya. I recently called my dealer and forced him to ask the inventory manager how many super duties they have on order and where I am in line. 2 Weeks ago he said they had 300+ on order and I was number 117. This is a high volume dealer in Central Texas known for selling primarily trucks (Mac Haik) Ford. But dang, that is still a lot of trucks ahead of me. Oh well. First world problems. I don't need the truck immediately. Just would be nice to have.

Dang that is crazy! 4 sounds like a dream compared to that, sorry to hear that though. I hope that it is still a quick process for you. I totally understand though, I cant pick it up before June 1 anyway, but I still have trouble being patient! haha. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nolahd27 said:

Thanks

The batch and sequence are included on your Window Sticker when you get scheduled.

Commodity delays vary by the day. I ordered a F-450 DRW in August and it was built last week, so you may have a few more weeks wait for scheduling. Stay positive, as it will eventually get scheduled, provided your dealer is managing your order effectively.

Personally, if you need a dually, stick with it and enjoy the truck when it arrives.

Seems like there is definitely a shipping delay going on. Good/bad? Pumping out more trucks and now the shipping has caught up. Who knows. 

My estimated time frame is this week and I don’t believe it’s moved since it got to the railyard. I’m already anticipating a shipping delay email. Interesting enough, other trucks have been built after, shipped and received. I’d guess region based. Any thoughts or anyone have knowledge of tbe ship process? 

9 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

The batch and sequence are included on your Window Sticker when you get scheduled.

Except that the Window Sticker isn't created until just before the vehicle goes into production. In addition, the batch and sequence can't be set until after the actual production date is set.  

I"m having trouble with the ford tracking website when I put my information in and hit accept it bounces me back to the home page with blank fields. When I put in someone else's order number and vin it pulls it up. Has anyone else had this happen. And why would this happen?

45 minutes ago, JC2014 said:

I"m having trouble with the ford tracking website when I put my information in and hit accept it bounces me back to the home page with blank fields. When I put in someone else's order number and vin it pulls it up. Has anyone else had this happen. And why would this happen?

Happens a lot with the Lincoln tracking site. Give it some time, it corrects itself eventually. 

11 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

Does anybody have a guess of how many 2022 Super Duty trucks are still on order?  I still have about 60 in front of me at my dealer and they see 2-10 a month delivered.  At 2 per month, it will be 2.5 years until mine would show up.  Order a 2022 and maybe get a 2024 after placing two more orders and going to the back of the line.  Even at 10 per month it would be another 6 months left to wait - several months after they start the 2023 model year.

The last new vehicle I ordered took 8 weeks from order to my driveway.  The factory messed up the two tone paint but I kept it and had the only one like it in the country!

Thanks

A week or so ago I saw a figure that was over 200k Super Duties still yet to be built. Bummer!

1 hour ago, elltee said:

A week or so ago I saw a figure that was over 200k Super Duties still yet to be built. Bummer!

250k but yes that includes stock orders,  Last I heard 33% of orders were retail but I’m sure SD is higher than that.

• Like 1

Got the dreaded email today. Came a day after the last estimated delivery date. Contacted my dealer several times but they haven’t offered up any info as to where it may be. They just tell me it’s a waiting game. Originally shipped March 24th so it’s taking longer than expected from Kentucky plant to near Charleston SC. My order was placed on December 6th so I haven’t been waiting as long as some of you guys have. Fingers crossed it comes this week!! 

1F4CB867-2AED-42C6-8E13-0BA50353C017.jpeg

• Sad 1