2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Drag n' Fly said:

Your truck is in the rail carrier’s control. You should ask your dealer, as the consignee, if he has the ability to direct which truck carrier is used to complete the shipment. If he does not or doesn’t know the answer you’ll need to contact the railroad agent in charge of the shipment. 

Once the vehicle is unloaded, it's transferred to the vehicle transport company that will dispatch and load the vehicle onto a car carrier for delivery to the dealership. Once unloaded and transferred to the transport firm, the rail carrier has no control over the vehicle. Dealers have no control or influence over the which transport company hauls the vehicle as it's a contract matter between Ford and the transport company. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford does not allow dealerships to pick up vehicles at the ramp. Retail orders are already 'hot listed" for expedited delivery and easily identified by the green Window Stickers. However, there are currently a lot of transportation delays due to staff and equipment shortages and other factors affecting the entire industry. 

I'd suggest talking to your Dealer first. They can contact the transport firm's dispatch department at the ramp to find out the vehicle shipping status and delivery ETA at the dealership. 

Thanks for the quick response and I appreciate all of your insight that you share on this forum. It makes it easier to be patient when we have more information as to why things are the way they are.  

Sounds like it’s back to the waiting room for us. At least we know it is built and we are close to the finish line.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JC2014 said:

My truck has been at the rail yard for over 10 days now. The status comes back as Delay-Rail Carrier. Could they have damaged it and its waiting to get fixed. Or am I just being paranoid.

I waited almost 6 weeks from the time mine hit the rail yard to my dealer.  

Now I have to do it all over again.  Some kid blew a stop sign and totaled mine out.  luckily got my order in before they shut it all down however it took me 7 and a half months to get the first one.  I don't have much hope on getting mine any time this summer.  

I really hope for all those people have been waiting for a long time that things start to pick up.  Being in the same type of business we are seeing improvements however it is very limited but consistent, unlike the last 18 months.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Boondocker75 said:

I waited almost 6 weeks from the time mine hit the rail yard to my dealer.  

Now I have to do it all over again.  Some kid blew a stop sign and totaled mine out.  luckily got my order in before they shut it all down however it took me 7 and a half months to get the first one.  I don't have much hope on getting mine any time this summer.  

I really hope for all those people have been waiting for a long time that things start to pick up.  Being in the same type of business we are seeing improvements however it is very limited but consistent, unlike the last 18 months.

I saw your post about that. I'm glad everyone made it out safely. Sorry you have to go through the process again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

Our pickup is in Colorado just 100 miles from the dealer at the railyard.

Mine was 155 miles from the Denver rail head.

Unloaded at rail head 4/5/22

Arrived at the dealership 4/9/22, and it had an estimated dates of 4/7 to 4/13

I would think yours should be arriving pretty quick, hopefully!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, rubriv said:

Thanks for that!  I will give them a call.  I'm at about 4 months since my order and don't have a VIN yet.  About a month ago I was told by my dealer that he moved me up to priority 10.  So assuming he's done that I will be requesting he move me to a 1 or 2 soon.

The dealer can’t move any higher than a 10 for a priority code. Anything further up the food chain has to be done by a Ford rep.

7 hours ago, EJS1463 said:

First time to post but I have been reading all of the post for some time now.  Order on 12/31 confirmation on 1/1 F-250 6.7 Kings Ranch Ultimate package and Tremor package.  My question is I haven't seen many Tremor package being built, is there something in the Tremor package that is keeping these from being built?  

You may be onto something.  On 11/15 I ordered KRU with Tremor as well.  So far nothing from the factory except the order confirmation on 11/17.

Good luck.

32 minutes ago, LabCrazy said:

You may be onto something.  On 11/15 I ordered KRU with Tremor as well.  So far nothing from the factory except the order confirmation on 11/17.

Good luck.

Interesting. I ordered the same. King Ranch Ultimate with the Tremor. I would probably remove the Tremor Package if I knew it would get me the truck sooner.  I need the truck for work.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:06 PM, JC2014 said:

That's where mine is at and I'm only 40 miles away

Well, mine finally showed up at the dealer today!!!! Has to go to Line-X for the color match spray in bed liner and rust proofing, hope to get it home earliest Friday but most likely early next week. It's ok I know it is here!!! I'll post pics soon!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JC2014 said:

My truck has been at the rail yard for over 10 days now. The status comes back as Delay-Rail Carrier. Could they have damaged it and its waiting to get fixed. Or am I just being paranoid.

mine sat at the rail yard since 4/1 and it just arrived today.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2022Limited said:

I was 19 until January. A rep stepped in and went to 01. I was scheduled 2/21 along with a fellow limited one vin number off mine. His was built. Mine was bumped repeatedly for nearly 2 months.

Did you contact the Ford rep or did the dealer? I went in yesterday and modified my order, removing the AS and the retractable tonneau cover, after reading both of those were delaying builds. Now that the prices have gone up, removing $2,800 in options lowered the MSRP by $1,000. I'm still sitting at a 19 at this point.

I was going to pull the trigger on a similarly equipped Silverado at a local dealership (I really need a truck for towing!), then today I got a $2,500 PCO in the mail, combined with Ford offering a $500 first responder discount. The caveat is that I have to use the PCO by July 5th. I'm right on the edge, I want the truck I ordered but unless I can get bumped up from a 19 I'm not going to see it this year. So, it's either try to pull some strings to get a bump in priority or buy the Silverado if it's still available. I really want the F250, because GM says HD truck buyers don't want Adaptive Cruise so it's not an available option.

If I can contact a rep to try and get a bump I will, but if I leave it up to the dealer they probably won't. I haven't told them about the PCO yet.

1 hour ago, CSX4350 said:

I really want the F250, because GM says HD truck buyers don't want Adaptive Cruise so it's not an available option.

I LOVE adaptive cruise, especially when towing.  It's not perfect, and I'd love to change the programming slightly.  I'd question GM if this was really a decision based on customer survey's or an exec that heard from a friend that he hated adaptive cruise.

Hey everyone... I have been reading for a while, but this is my first post. I havent seen anyone on here with an order date as late as mine, 3/30! Just before the shut-off... but afraid it will never be built now.

I ordered...

F250 XL, STX, crew cab, 6.75' bed, 4x4, iconic silver, 6.2, fixed rear defrost, tinted glass, bed led box lights, clearance lights, sync 4, power group, trailer brake controller, front impact avoidance, remote start, vinyl seats and no carpet.

Anyone know of anything that is specifically holding up builds? I knew to avoid bed liner, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

Edited by F250 order dreaming
Added option

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

I LOVE adaptive cruise, especially when towing.  It's not perfect, and I'd love to change the programming slightly.  I'd question GM if this was really a decision based on customer survey's or an exec that heard from a friend that he hated adaptive cruise.

I too love adaptive cruise. Sounds like the salesman is trying to justify away the Chevy’s lack of it. 

Edited by elltee

31 minutes ago, Blackhawk23 said:

Personally, I hate adaptive cruise. The shortest follow distance is still too far and it’s infuriating every time someone cuts in front of you, it slams on the brakes and slows you way down. 

I kindof agree that the shortest distance is too far only after driving home from West Virginia to New York last Friday in my wife’s 21 f-150 (btw we passed a truck load of brand new superdutys on I-79 north in WV including a nice white 450 and white tremor). It was close enough at 80 mph to worry about rear ending my buddies trailer but far enough away that I kept getting cut off because people are d-bags lol. That being said I thought it was great since I was riding behind the guy with the trailer the whole time I barely had to put any effort into driving. I did find out you can push the accelerator down to get closer without shutting off the adaptive cruise it will just slow you down to a safer distance once you let off it and it will also bring you to a complete stop in traffic (mind you I had my foot over the brake pedal the whole time ready ti cram it if I needed to). 

5 hours ago, LabCrazy said:

Good luck.

I ordered 350 KR loaded at end of Nov, later removed AS, 5th prep, bed liner.  Still nothing. So not sure BAP is the only issue 

Finally after 6 months  "The Grey Fox"  home! 

5th wheel prep, Moon Roof, Rear sliding window,  XLT Premium pkg, UTT Camera PTBA, 6.7 Diesel, Adj gas/brake peddles and upfitter switches.  Dealer did give us the price at time of ordering too, so price protected.  Now for the 1,000 mile break in.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

Edited by EB1959
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, colecoop56 said:

Interesting. I ordered the same. King Ranch Ultimate with the Tremor. I would probably remove the Tremor Package if I knew it would get me the truck sooner.  I need the truck for work.

There are plenty of Tremors being built. Head over to fordtremor.com and you'll see them.

5 hours ago, CSX4350 said:

Did you contact the Ford rep or did the dealer? I went in yesterday and modified my order, removing the AS and the retractable tonneau cover, after reading both of those were delaying builds. Now that the prices have gone up, removing $2,800 in options lowered the MSRP by $1,000. I'm still sitting at a 19 at this point.

I was going to pull the trigger on a similarly equipped Silverado at a local dealership (I really need a truck for towing!), then today I got a $2,500 PCO in the mail, combined with Ford offering a $500 first responder discount. The caveat is that I have to use the PCO by July 5th. I'm right on the edge, I want the truck I ordered but unless I can get bumped up from a 19 I'm not going to see it this year. So, it's either try to pull some strings to get a bump in priority or buy the Silverado if it's still available. I really want the F250, because GM says HD truck buyers don't want Adaptive Cruise so it's not an available option.

If I can contact a rep to try and get a bump I will, but if I leave it up to the dealer they probably won't. I haven't told them about the PCO yet.

The sales manager at my dealership had went to bat for me. I traded in my 2020 limited early. (Clear title) and once I had been without a vin and out 100k for a few months I had a case. 

1 hour ago, 2022Limited said:

The sales manager at my dealership had went to bat for me. I traded in my 2020 limited early. (Clear title) and once I had been without a vin and out 100k for a few months I had a case.  

I really don't know what to do about this, I'm leaning toward buying the Silverado but I really want the F250. Especially when I see posts like Jp_norris who put his order in 5 months before I did.

One week shy of six months. 

Ordered 10/26. 

F350 CCSB 6.7 4x4 - Agate Black

Lariat Ultimate

3.31 Electronic Locking

Power Running Boards

Engine Block Heater

Skid Plates

Moonroof

Adaptive CC

UTT Camera Pro (for the all around view)

5th Wheel Hitch Prep

LED Headlamps

Rain Sensing Wipers (for the heated steering wheel)

F&R Wheel Well Liners

F&R Splash Guards

20” Wheels

Upfitter Switches

397 Amp Alternator

Garage Door Opener

Hood Deflector

Took delivery on 4/19. 

Here are a few pictures. 

Hang in there everyone. 

863D02E3-FE85-470D-AFDF-F8A00F35BEA4.jpeg

4A041218-7276-458E-B1DD-9909F001BB48.jpeg

2046329A-A111-472D-B51D-60BF6A979EFF.jpeg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, F250 order dreaming said:
Hey everyone... I have been reading for a while, but this is my first post. I havent seen anyone on here with an order date as late as mine, 3/30! Just before the shut-off... but afraid it will never be built now.

I ordered...

F250 XL, STX, crew cab, 6.75' bed, 4x4, iconic silver, 6.2, fixed rear defrost, tinted glass, bed led box lights, clearance lights, sync 4, power group, trailer brake controller, front impact avoidance, remote start, vinyl seats and no carpet.

Anyone know of anything that is specifically holding up builds? I knew to avoid bed liner, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

I ordered a bit before you, on 3/7. I haven’t heard anything, not even a confirmation letter. I don’t think my dealer sent my email and DL info with my order. Trying to fix that now.