2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 4/19/2022 at 6:35 PM, F250 order dreaming said:
Hey everyone... I have been reading for a while, but this is my first post. I havent seen anyone on here with an order date as late as mine, 3/30! Just before the shut-off... but afraid it will never be built now.

I ordered...

F250 XL, STX, crew cab, 6.75' bed, 4x4, iconic silver, 6.2, fixed rear defrost, tinted glass, bed led box lights, clearance lights, sync 4, power group, trailer brake controller, front impact avoidance, remote start, vinyl seats and no carpet.

Anyone know of anything that is specifically holding up builds? I knew to avoid bed liner, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

If you ordered an XL with Sync4, you are going to have a very long wait......

1 hour ago, rubriv said:

I am going on 4 months since I placed my order and was really hoping to get the email today but have not.  I too am curious if anyone got their VIN and scheduled for prod email today.

Same here. Ordered 12/23. Was really hopeful this was going to be the day! 

20 minutes ago, morepower02 said:

Got the scheduled email  this morning.  Lariat Ultimate 6.7.

ordered 11/30

dropped 5th wheel prep a couple months ago.

scheduled for week of 5/23

That's good.  So maybe they're through the November orders and they'll start scheduling some of us who ordered in December next?  That's my hope anyway.

18 minutes ago, rubriv said:

That's good.  So maybe they're through the November orders and they'll start scheduling some of us who ordered in December next?  That's my hope anyway.

I ordered in December, and I'm scheduled for May 9th, sure hope I don't get bumped

Edited by Dr-Bear-PhD

35 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

If you ordered an XL with Sync4, you are going to have a very long wait......

Why would XL's take longer than other models - if Ford wanted the higher end trucks build they should have limited what models are avilable.  The entire process to me seems so confusing and how they are alotting who gets what when.  Seems like the guy in a luttle town can wait longer than someone ordering from a dealer than can sell 100's of truck a week.

16 minutes ago, Nolahd27 said:

Why would XL's take longer than other models - if Ford wanted the higher end trucks build they should have limited what models are avilable.  The entire process to me seems so confusing and how they are alotting who gets what when.  Seems like the guy in a luttle town can wait longer than someone ordering from a dealer than can sell 100's of truck a week.

NH Bulldog was being funny.  You cannot add Sync 4 to an XL, so if that person ordered one that way they would be waiting forever because it is not possible.

20 minutes ago, rubriv said:

No email. Not scheduled. Order confirmed November 19th. Still NADA. Back to waiting impatiently. 

Wow! I was shocked to find my email saying my truck is already sceduled for production today!  

3/30/22 ordered

3/31/22 received confirmation email

4/21/22 received production/Vin email

5/16 scheduled for production

I am excited, but feel horrible for everyone waiting around forever... I was thinking mine not even get built cause i ordered so late.

2022 f250 XL  CCSB

4x4

Iconic Silver

STX package

Led box lights

Clearance lights

Power package

Tinted windows

Carpet delete

Trailer Brake Controller

Collision Avoidance Assit

Remote start

Sync 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolahd27 said:

It was a tongue in cheek response...you can't get Sync 4 in anything less than a Lariat.  

As for the size of a city or dealership, it might very well be irrelevant.  My time between order and delivery was a few days over 12 weeks (which I consider typical/average under "normal" circumstances.  The dealership I chose is in a town of a few thousand people within a 45 mile radius of 14 other dealerships including several in the largest cities in my state, and several more not too much further away from Boston, MA.  The big guys couldn't get me a truck, or get anywhere near the price I was looking for but the smaller dealer gave me a great deal, honored my PCO and gave me crazy money for my F150 trade (which they sold 9 days later).

34 minutes ago, clark98ut said:

Well, I spoke too soon.  Never got an email, but called Ford and was told I'm scheduled for the week of 5/16.  I have a VIN.  Hallelujah!

So did you not get an email from Ford saying you were scheduled? 

Did you call Ford Customer Service and just give them your order number?

1 hour ago, F250 order dreaming said:

Wow! I was shocked to find my email saying my truck is already sceduled for production today!  

3/30/22 ordered

I am excited, but feel horrible for everyone waiting around forever... I was thinking mine not even get built cause i ordered so late.

2022 f250 XL  CCSB

4x4

Iconic Silver

STX package

Led box lights

Clearance lights

Power package

Tinted windows

Carpet delete

Trailer Brake Controller

Collision Avoidance Assit

Remote start

Sync 3

Wow that's the quickest I've seen here lately. Congratulations!

16 minutes ago, teecamp said:

So did you not get an email from Ford saying you were scheduled? 

Did you call Ford Customer Service and just give them your order number?

Correct and correct.  No email, called Ford at 800-392-3673 and was given my VIN.  You do need your order and dealer number.

17 minutes ago, clark98ut said:

Correct and correct.  No email, called Ford at 800-392-3673 and was given my VIN.  You do need your order and dealer number.

Yeah, I figured that was what you had done. 

I just called them and did the same, still "processing" which is no surprise.  I ordered a platinum without the big three commodity items on 1/19/22 so I am sure I got plenty of wait time ahead of me.  Dealers are absolutely useless to get updates from. 

1 hour ago, Superdutybuilt said:

Stupid question. Ice gave me and update “schedule to day (2022-04-29)” does that mean it goes into production on a Friday???

That is the projected day your truck will be built.  It may change based on any number of factors, part availablity, plant constraints, etc.  When a truck is first scheduled it is scheduled to a particular week, as it gets closer it's scheduled to a day.  Hope that answers your question.  Exciting that your truck is almost built!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, F250 order dreaming said:

3/30/22 ordered

Wow, good for you!  You must be in the running for the newest, quickest order turn around on record.  Hopefully you won't have to endure a bunch of schedule bumps!

33 minutes ago, teecamp said:

Yeah, I figured that was what you had done. 

I just called them and did the same, still "processing" which is no surprise.  I ordered a platinum without the big three commodity items on 1/19/22 so I am sure I got plenty of wait time ahead of me.  Dealers are absolutely useless to get updates from. 

Just got off the phone with Ford at 800-392-3673, I'm still at "Unscheduled Clean"

I also Ordered a Platinum - Order Date 10/25/2021  (5 Months 27 Days ago)

Confirmed with Ford that I'm still at Priority 2  -  as of 01/10/2022

It's hard to watch others get scheduled so soon as I keep hoping for my turn.......But I'm happy for those that are being scheduled......Your the lucky ones

18 minutes ago, Havasu Guy said:

Just got off the phone with Ford at 800-392-3673, I'm still at "Unscheduled Clean"

I also Ordered a Platinum - Order Date 10/25/2021  (5 Months 27 Days ago)

Confirmed with Ford that I'm still at Priority 2  -  as of 01/10/2022

It's hard to watch others get scheduled so soon as I keep hoping for my turn.......But I'm happy for those that are being scheduled......Your the lucky ones

There has to be a better way to get at least a rough idea of what is holding up certain vehicles. This really is not good customer service.