2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, Lundman said:

Ordered 7/13/2021

Still waiting

F250 4x4

BAP

Lariat ultimate package

Wow. And you’re sure you’re a COVP retail order? I saw someone waiting this long had actually been put in as a fleet order by their dealer. Almost 10 months and not scheduled yet? Something is up. 

1 hour ago, JC2014 said:

I don't know if I am allowed to do this. If not moderators please remove. But yesterday when I went to pick up my truck they had this sitting on the lot.

2022 Ford Super Duty F-350 DRW for sale in North Aurora - 1FT8W3DNXNED25421 - Gerald Ford — Mozilla Firefox 4_22_2022 8_33_24 AM.png

I wonder how much OVER MSRP their asking?

But then again how much is 8 months of your time,life,and obsession worth?

12 hours ago, teecamp said:

We all had to start complaining at some point.  I am sure those who waited 8+ months for their build may have had a thing or two to say after a few months of putting in their order.

I am okay with the wait, it's my dealer that stinks.  I am grateful for this forum and especially this thread as it gives me a ton of information.  But once I bring up some of the topics I learned on here, the dealership wants me out of the office pretty much.  It's like we know top secret intel and they don't want to be made a fool of when in reality, I just want a little transparency.

For example, my dealer will not tell me how many other orders are ahead of me and will not move me from priority 19 and will not tell me how many allocations they currently have.  But that is their right to give me that information or not and I respect that, but it still leaves me in the dark at the end of the day.

I totally agree with you. I got a reply back from Ford Customer service. No help. They said “talk to your sales rep. They are in the best position to give you up to date info about your order” They only said my order was “Processing”. 
My sales rep says they will let me know when there is a VIN and that I don’t have to keep emailing them.  I would like a more proactive communication strategy. 
I would love to ask about priority code or how many are a head of me or what their allotment is but I think it will only anger them. This guys responses are so short, literally half a sentence. 
Im debating asking for the vehicle visibility report emailed to me weekly. That’s what I would like. But agree with you, that it feels like info they don’t want us to have, like proprietary info. 

Maybe I’m just stupid but why would you get a dually but not the diesel? Seems kind of goofy to me. Maybe local landscaping outfits with a gooseneck and heavy equipment or something? What use case does that fill that a SRW gasser wouldn’t?

Maybe an application where payload is a higher priorty than towing capacity?  Slide in camper?

Edited by PineNut
neglected to include quote

6 hours ago, Lundman said:

Ordered 7/13/2021

Still waiting

F250 4x4

BAP

Lariat ultimate package

I ordered the same truck.

I’m not willing to drop the BAP or anything in my truck really, so I will wait. But your wait time is ridiculous.

maybe they will schedule a bunch of BAP Lariat ultimate package together, real soon. 

41 minutes ago, traynoral said:

So last year, they stopped building 21MY around the third week of July. Do you think that is likely to happen this year for 22MY or will they likely go longer to take care of the 22MY backlog and not start the 23MY until later in the year?

Last I'd heard, of course just from forum chatter, was they were going to build through late fall. That talk has been pretty consistent for quite some time so I tend to think that's their intent.

My best guess is they are going to try to build all the retail orders.

That could change real quick if 22MY parts became an issue whereas they thought 23MY would not be, I'd imagine.

7 hours ago, Lundman said:

Ordered 7/13/2021

Still waiting

F250 4x4

BAP

Lariat ultimate package

I ordered the same truck.

I’m not willing to drop the BAP or anything in my truck really, so I will wait. But your wait time is ridiculous.

maybe they will schedule a bunch of BAP Lariat ultimate package together, real soon. 

I’m in shock but I just got an email from my sales rep with the VIN and that my truck has been scheduled for week of May 16th. 

Maybe complaints to Ford customer experience did help? 

it’s a strange coincidence no?

Ordered November 13, 2021

F-250 CCSB Lariat 7.3 L V8 BAP

Edited by Bluedust11
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, rubriv said:

That's good.  So maybe they're through the November orders and they'll start scheduling some of us who ordered in December next?  That's my hope anyway.

I ordered 12/28 and just got the email scheduled for May 16.  F350 lariat.  Pulled 5th wheel prep, bed liner and cover a month ago.  

2 hours ago, Bluedust11 said:

I totally agree with you. I got a reply back from Ford Customer service. No help. They said “talk to your sales rep. They are in the best position to give you up to date info about your order” They only said my order was “Processing”. 
My sales rep says they will let me know when there is a VIN and that I don’t have to keep emailing them.  I would like a more proactive communication strategy. 
I would love to ask about priority code or how many are ahead of me or what their allotment is but I think it will only anger them. This guys responses are so short, literally half a sentence. 
I'm debating asking for the vehicle visibility report emailed to me weekly. That’s what I would like. But agree with you, that it feels like info they don’t want us to have, like proprietary info. 

Ford Customer Service telling you that your order is "processing" and that you should talk to your sales representative for an order status update is absolutely useless. You might get a different answer with helpful information if you were to call back and talk to a different Ford Customer Service representative. 

At the dealership level, I'd strongly recommend that you stop relying on your sales representative for information and contact the sales manager directly. Sales representatives are often unfamiliar with the retail order process and/or the resources available. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, traynoral said:

So last year, they stopped building 21MY around the third week of July. Do you think that is likely to happen this year for 22MY or will they likely go longer to take care of the 22MY backlog and not start the 23MY until later in the year?

It's all just speculation until Ford releases the 2022/2023MY production and changeover schedule. I'll post that information as soon as it's available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gom said:

Last I'd heard, of course just from forum chatter, was they were going to build through late fall. That talk has been pretty consistent for quite some time so I tend to think that's their intent.

My best guess is they are going to try to build all the retail orders.

That could change real quick if 22MY parts became an issue whereas they thought 23MY would not be, I'd imagine.

Just speculation per my previous post. 

17 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's all just speculation until Ford releases the 2022/2023MY production and changeover schedule. I'll post that information as soon as it's available. 

That would be great, thanks. Do you have any idea what the current retail (not dealer stock) backlog is at this time for 22MY?

34 minutes ago, traynoral said:

That would be great, thanks. Do you have any idea what the current retail (not dealer stock) backlog is at this time for 22MY?

No. Ford may disclose or mention how many 2022MY Super Duty orders are in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) but doesn't report how many are unscheduled retail orders.  

Just talked to my dealer (who has been extremely helpful), and they had four allocations this month. I am the oldest order at the dealer, but I do have a heavily optioned order. Due to this, I had two orders get scheduled around me one of which was an XL which I had expected and totally makes sense. The dealership still has two allocations left for this month luckily, there are still four orders left for SuperDutys, mine being one of them. I do have the highest priority code at a 10, he noted others are at 15-16 so they are definitely doing everything they can to get mine through. Praying that I get scheduled next week assuming scheduling will still be taking place. (please give us good news about that ice! haha) I've had an extremely pleasant experience with my dealer and while I hate the waiting, I know there's nothing anyone can do about it. It'll come when it comes, I'm a loyal Ford fan and am willing to be patient. Just thought I'd share some of my experience so far. 

• Like 1

Who has an order through Granger in Iowa and how long have you been waiting?

8/26 Ordered F350 SRW Lariat 6.7 Crew Cab with AS, 5th wheel prep, and spray in bedliner plus other non-commodity hold items.

11/1 Upgraded to King Ranch trim with all same options, bounced from priority 02 to 10 for change.

1/4  Dealer confirmed back at priority 02

4/22 No news yet......

1 hour ago, rjrrtheis said:

My F250 Lariat is now in production. ordered 12/7/21

image.png.2d4a279bbed38c614d83fcd40a73aa7b.png

So Jealous. All commodity items and got scheduled.

8/26 Ordered F350 SRW Lariat 6.7 Crew Cab with AS, 5th wheel prep, and spray in bedliner plus other non-commodity hold items.

11/1 Upgraded to King Ranch trim with all same options, bounced from priority 02 to 10 for change.

1/4  Dealer confirmed back at priority 02

4/22 No news yet......