2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

21 hours ago, Drag n' Fly said:

Sorry, I asked him what would happen if the factory re-tooled for the ‘23’s. He told me “That’s a good question’”, and he owns the dealership. 

Online sources will generally indicate what is expected in upcoming model year.  Ford hasn't publicly released any info, including timing.  Given the current state of the order bank, there's likely going to be some unhappy customers.

I guess I was one of the "lucky" ones!  Ordered 8/25 and delivered on 4/22. Didn't change anything on the order.  It's a pretty badass truck.  I think I like the new red better than the old red, although bo th are great looking trucks!

Super Duty.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BP25 said:

I guess I was one of the "lucky" ones!  Ordered 8/25 and delivered on 4/22. Didn't change anything on the order.  It's a pretty badass truck.  I think I like the new red better than the old red, although bo th are great looking trucks!

Super Duty.jpg

That new red with BAP looks phenomenal. Between antimatter blue and that red, they are neck and neck for best looking new colors. Sort of wish I got out of my comfort zone and got one of them. Settled on Carbonized Gray with BAP. 

8 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Man, you must be drooling with the anticipation! I know the feeling all too well after I got the photos from the sales associate then she went for 3 days for the modifications

It is so hard to be patient while it gets ready, I just keep telling myself that at least I’ll have it this week. Once I get the mods done I’ll post some more pics!

12 hours ago, sschamberland said:

The stars aligned.. ordered a F350 Tremor 7.3 exactly how I wanted it 12/6/21. Got an order confirmation but that was all. My dealers was not very forthcoming with info. I learned all I could from this forum (Thanks to Ice!). I had a truck bed camper on order and it was built and delivered this Tuesday. So, I was in a bind.. a camper and no truck. And no clue when my truck would be built or if I’d get one. So I started calling dealers all over Georgia. Two days later I received a call back from a nearby dealers (not the same as who I ordered from). This dealer had a F250 Tremor basically the exact same truck except a F250, not the F350. Within a couple hours I traded my Fiat Spider 124 for my adventure wheels. Now, to go back and try to get my deposit back. 

Thanks to all of the advice from Ice and all of you! Really appreciate your guidance!

A9C6235F-EDF8-49FA-87FC-3C76BA628A1C.jpeg

B3032B88-335D-495E-8F17-766306770BAD.jpeg

Congratulations. Those of us in the unknown are envious!

10 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

Here she is!!! I freaking love this truck! Hoping I get to bring her home tomorrow or Tuesday. 

IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

IMG_3782.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3785.JPG

Now I’m beyond envy and neck deep in jealousy! LOL That looks pretty close to my build except I got the chrome package and 8’ box. Beautiful vehicle. We’re into the reds, too. Wifey is on her 3 red explorer (two Ruby reds and her current Rapid red Platinum). I went with it because while I liked most of the colors, nobody had anything in stock to see what they actually looked like. Since I knew this one, that’s what I ordered. It’ll look great in the sunshine.

Edited by elltee
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Just picked up my truck and did some research because they were not in the truck. If you got the 2 1/2 inch receiver there is not reducer included. IF you got the 3 inch receiver it should be included. My Lariat with the 7.3 had the 2.5 inch receiver hence no reducer. Hope this helps shipmate!!

42 minutes ago, BP25 said:

Are these trucks supposed to come with the receiver hitch reducer sleeve?  Owner's manual said the components may come with some models, which doesn't really help.

This question has come up a few times recently.  See below, there is no mention of the 2.5" hitch coming with a reducer...

Screenshot_20210719-001121_Office Mobile.jpg

53 minutes ago, BP25 said:

Are these trucks supposed to come with the receiver hitch reducer sleeve?  Owner's manual said the components may come with some models, which doesn't really help.

1 out of the 3 trucks my family ordered that just came in had the sleeve. Mine and my MIL's didn't. Hoping it is somewhere in the truck because I will need it to tow my camper.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, winkzoot said:

Just picked up my truck and did some research because they were not in the truck. If you got the 2 1/2 inch receiver there is not reducer included. IF you got the 3 inch receiver it should be included. My Lariat with the 7.3 had the 2.5 inch receiver hence no reducer. Hope this helps shipmate!!

Good info! I guess I didn't realize some were 2.5 and some were 3.  I thought they were all 3.  I guess I have some more reading to do! +1 for the shipmate comment!

• Like 2

Is there a method of getting information to Ford to receive updates or does that have to go through the dealer? My dealer evidently didn't send my information with my order. Cyberdman has confirmed that my order made it through to Ford. I know I have a long wait as my order was on 3/7/22.

32 minutes ago, elltee said:

Is there a method of getting information to Ford to receive updates or does that have to go through the dealer? My dealer evidently didn't send my information with my order. Cyberdman has confirmed that my order made it through to Ford. I know I have a long wait as my order was on 3/7/22.

If you got the order confirmation email from Ford then that means they have your email on file and will send you all updates.  On average, the longest wait is between the time you place the order and when it gets scheduled though.

2 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

1 out of the 3 trucks my family ordered that just came in had the sleeve. Mine and my MIL's didn't. Hoping it is somewhere in the truck because I will need it to tow my camper.

If yours is a gasser you'll need to order one for sure as gas comes with 2.5 receiver which does not include the sleeve. If you have a diesel that comes with a 3 inch and has a reducer to  2.5 inch so if you need a 2 inch you'll need to buy one regardless.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, Benmgator said:

I ordered the same and order confirmed on 11/19. If you don't mind. Let me know when yours is built and shipped. I's still waiting for the in production email. Hoping it's soon. 

Its built, but big shipping delay. Something to do with rail car shortage.  I should have had it by now, but will be middle of next month before I get it.

1 hour ago, Drag n' Fly said:

Does anybody know how you give Ford your contact information if they didn’t get it when you placed the order?

ice-capades will know for sure but I thought I saw some posts a while back that said the dealer would have to do it via the Web Based Dealer Ordering (WBDO) system.  They can update your order to contain your email address and you will get all future communications from Ford concerning your order.

Edited by rubriv

2 hours ago, Drag n' Fly said:

Does anybody know how you give Ford your contact information if they didn’t get it when you placed the order?

Here's a partial copy of what I posted recently regarding this subject... 

At the time a retail order is placed via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, the customer's e-mail address should be attached to the order. In addition, the Dealer should submit the order information, customer's e-mail address, signed Buyer's Order and customer's Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) or applicable ROVP (Retail Order Verification Program). Verified COVP or ROVP retail orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling.

Included below is a copy of the retail customer e-mail entry form in WBDO.

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

Hello everyone waiting or getting their super duty’s. I just found out today that after waiting 7 months with no movement that my dealer never sent my I.d. With order to show I’m real. After I had to do all kinds of digging myself to ford corp. and many calls to dealer with no help what so ever. So my question is… did that slip up in their part have a lot to do with delay this long? I believe they call it covp or something verifying real order and not dealer cheating system. I’m sure this has been covered but there’s a lot of pages on this order topic. Any help would be appreciated. And if this is the case then everyone should be aware to do their dealers jobs for them I guess if you e been waiting an eternity. Thnx in advance. 

3 hours ago, rubriv said:

If you got the order confirmation email from Ford then that means they have your email on file and will send you all updates.  On average, the longest wait is between the time you place the order and when it gets scheduled though.

I did not get a confirmation email from the company which sort of led me to this question. I don’t think my dealer is interested in providing my information to Ford as I have asked twice about it through email and all I get is crickets. If there isn’t an alternative, I’ll have to make a visit to the dealership.

17 minutes ago, elltee said:

I did not get a confirmation email from the company which sort of led me to this question. I don’t think my dealer is interested in providing my information to Ford as I have asked twice about it through email and all I get is crickets. If there isn’t an alternative, I’ll have to make a visit to the dealership.

I say absolutely you should make a visit or at a minimum call and ask to talk to a manager.  There is no reason why they couldn't have added it to begin with.  It is weird they are ignoring you regarding that.  It doesn't gain them anything to exclude you.  My dealer is ignoring me but that's only because I keep calling asking for updates and to have my priority bumped.

• Like 1