2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

image.thumb.png.d73d8e008ad838fc84d064aa5f221f9b.png

Good News Bad News... I'm hoping someone can help me and clear something up...

I finally received a build date this morning. My build date is "the week of May 30th". I'm honestly numb about it because by the time it is built, and the 3 to 6 weeks it takes to deliver the truck, it will have been over 9 months since I ordered the truck.

However, please note the Order Confirmed Date. I ordered my truck on September 27th. I had never received any email, especially not the confirmation email from Ford. The dealer forwarded a COVP confirmation email to me showing a 9/27/21 order date. After waiting a couple months, and asking about my email address, they said the email address was entered wrong. They corrected it and I did finally get an email from Ford in November (11/19). I asked at the time if I had just lost my place in line, but was reassured, no... they just fixed my email address. When I confronted the dealer about it today... he used the term "reset". Did my dealer make a huge blunder (I really want to use other words but I'll refrain) and did I lose nearly two months of wait time because they reset my order to correct my email address??? I really feel like I have been lied to right now. On paper, it looks like I lost my place in line.

Edited by rbartee3

20 minutes ago, rbartee3 said:

image.thumb.png.d73d8e008ad838fc84d064aa5f221f9b.png

Good News Bad News... I'm hoping someone can help me and clear something up...

I finally received a build date this morning. My build date is "the week of May 30th". I'm honestly numb about it because by the time it is built, and the 3 to 6 weeks it takes to deliver the truck, it will have been over 9 months since I ordered the truck.

However, please note the Order Confirmed Date. I ordered my truck on September 27th. I had never received any email, especially not the confirmation email from Ford. The dealer forwarded a COVP confirmation email to me showing a 9/27/21 order date. After waiting a couple months, and asking about my email address, they said the email address was entered wrong. They corrected it and I did finally get an email from Ford in November (11/19). I asked at the time if I had just lost my place in line, but was reassured, no... they just fixed my email address. When I confronted the dealer about it today... he used the term "reset". Did my dealer make a huge blunder (I really want to use other words but I'll refrain) and did I lose nearly two months of wait time because they reset my order to correct my email address??? I really feel like I have been lied to right now.

I don’t see how an incorrect email would cause that. You still ordered it. It’s not like they didn’t submit your order

55 minutes ago, Nutz said:

No email for me this morning ?

Ordered 12/6/21, and number 16 on my dealers unscheduled list. Hopefully in a month or two I will see the much coveted email….. patiently waiting 

No email for me either.  Ordered 12/30/21 and still waiting to get scheduled.  I've seen a lot of November/December timeframe orders getting scheduled so hopefully we're not too far behind.  I'm hopeful every week.

46 minutes ago, rubriv said:

No email for me either.  Ordered 12/30/21 and still waiting to get scheduled.  I've seen a lot of November/December timeframe orders getting scheduled so hopefully we're not too far behind.  I'm hopeful every week.

Order 12/31 and no email today for me either............guess a few more weeks of waiting

1 hour ago, Blackhawk23 said:

I don’t see how an incorrect email would cause that. You still ordered it. It’s not like they didn’t submit your order

I'm not refuting that they put an order in in September. I have the dealer's forwarded email. What concerns me is the date Ford shows and the dealer used the terminology "reset your order in November". On paper it looks like I went to the back of the line in November. Hope that makes sense.

1 hour ago, rubriv said:

No email for me today. Order confirmed 12/29, removed 5th wheel prep & bed liner 1/12.  If I’d have known it wouldn’t have been scheduled by now, I’d have just left them on. 

22 minutes ago, Scooter 1918 said:

No email for me today. Order confirmed 12/29, removed 5th wheel prep & bed liner 1/12.  If I’d have known it wouldn’t have been scheduled by now, I’d have just left them on. 

Me either. Have to admit I was hoping I would get the coveted "scheduled email" since there have been quite a few longstanding orders getting scheduled as of late. I ordered 350 KR Nov. 19th. 

• Like 1

I just received the "Scheduled for production" email for a cancelled COVP order.   This dealer was charging MSRP and would not budge even after I told them I could order from others dealers below invoice.  I cancelled my order and they happily refunded my deposit.   Clearly their intent is to sell this truck at MSRP (or higher) off the lot.  

Can I or should I try to take delivery of the vehicle?  Maybe i cannot since I no longer have a deposit, sales order, etc.   Does Ford care or will they just let the dealer slide?   I'm tempted to take it and drive it while I wait for my Granger order.

@ice-capades @akirby -

26 minutes ago, Monoman said:

I just received the "Scheduled for production" email for a cancelled COVP order.   This dealer was charging MSRP and would not budge even after I told them I could order from others dealers below invoice.  I cancelled my order and they happily refunded my deposit.   Clearly their intent is to sell this truck at MSRP (or higher) off the lot.  

Can I or should I try to take delivery of the vehicle?  Maybe i cannot since I no longer have a deposit, sales order, etc.   Does Ford care or will they just let the dealer slide?   I'm tempted to take it and drive it while I wait for my Granger order.

@ice-capades @akirby -

Did they quote you less than MSRP when you ordered?

There is nothing you can do about it - the order belongs to the dealer.  They’ll have to explain why you walked away and they didn’t cancel.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Monoman said:

@ice-capades @akirby -

Once you cancelled your order, you gave up all rights or claims to it. They can now sell the truck at any price agreed to by both parties in a new transaction. As long as the Dealer properly reported and documented your cancellation in the COVP program, they're in compliance with the COVP program requirements.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

Did they quote you less than MSRP when you ordered?

There is nothing you can do about it - the order belongs to the dealer.  They’ll have to explain why you walked away and they didn’t cancel.

Just because the customer received an e-mail from Ford stating that the order was now "Scheduled for Production" doesn't mean that the Dealer didn't take the appropriate action. Knowing that Ford's communications are not always timely, it's very possible that the vehicle was scheduled when the customer cancelled. I'm driving a Ford vehicle on a Ford Credit lease that I paid off six months early, yet I still get a payment reminder each month from Ford. Once a vehicle is scheduled, the order cannot be cancelled. As long as the Dealer properly reported and documented the customer's cancellation in the COVP system, the Dealer can sell the vehicle to a new customer without being in violation of the "Name Match" verification for the original customer.   

16 minutes ago, jreddman said:

sorry just saw this box. Was trying to get any information on an order but when i tried posting the order number and dealer code to someone it said content would have to be approved by moderator

New members have to get posts approved by a moderator before they are visible.  You’re all set now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jreddman said:

sorry just saw this box. Was trying to get any information on an order but when i tried posting the order number and dealer code to someone it said content would have to be approved by moderator

New member posts are hidden until they make a certain number of posts. Until then a moderator has to approve the posts for them to show online. 

• Like 1

I want to throw a hypothetical out there. I will caveat this by saying I fully intend to take delivery of my truck when it comes, but is there anything preventing someone from placing an order with a dealer and then essentially selling that order to them rather than take delivery? 

For example, customer places a retail order at msrp. Dealer knows they could sell the ordered truck for 10k above msrp. Could the customer say, “hey I’ll walk away if you cut me a check for 5k.” Dealer makes 5k and customer make 5k for essentially doing nothing. 

Again, strictly asking out of curiosity. I am sure you could sell on the private market for a larger profit anyway.