2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, KSC502 said:

Who has an order through Granger in Iowa and how long have you been waiting?

I ordered from Granger Sept 3, email from Ford for Sept 4. Right now it is somewhere between KC and Granger (probably still in KC). Truck was built 3/25. Sat in KY for a while, shipped to KC and arrived Apr 15. Ford changed my delivery date from Apr to May a few weeks ago. Log jam seems to be at rail yards.

image.thumb.png.9daee87f1a90d99c86162414a643addc.pngbob

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Once you cancelled your order, you gave up all rights or claims to it. They can now sell the truck at any price agreed to by both parties in a new transaction. As long as the Dealer properly reported and documented your cancellation in the COVP program, they're in compliance with the COVP program requirements.

Yes my order was a COVP.   I assumed cancelled COVP orders would be no longer be built. If it was converted to another order then why would I get the email notification? 

39 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Yes my order was a COVP.   I assumed cancelled COVP orders would be no longer be built. If it was converted to another order then why would I get the email notification? 

Once scheduled and assigned a VIN number, an order cannot be cancelled by a Dealer, regardless of the order type (Stock, Retail, Fleet). Only Ford can cancel scheduled orders. Ford communications are not always sent on a timely basis and information in Ford's internal systems does not always transfer to other systems or departments on a timely basis either. I'm still getting payment reminders via e-mail from Ford and Ford Credit on a lease that I paid off 3 months ago, nearly 7 months prior to the lease expiration.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Once scheduled and assigned a VIN number, an order cannot be cancelled by a Dealer, regardless of the order type (Stock, Retail, Fleet). Only Ford can cancel scheduled orders. Ford communications are not always sent on a timely basis and information in Ford's internal systems does not always transfer to other systems or departments on a timely basis either. I'm still getting payment reminders via e-mail from Ford and Ford Credit on a lease that I paid off 3 months ago, nearly 7 months prior to the lease expiration.  

I cancelled the order 5 months ago and the VIN was issued today.    LOL ... that's OK , I understand how large companies typically put their priorities on systems that make them money.   ... not so much on the stuff like the COVP program. 

As always, thank you for your insightful posts. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Just because the customer received an e-mail from Ford stating that the order was now "Scheduled for Production" doesn't mean that the Dealer didn't take the appropriate action. Knowing that Ford's communications are not always timely, it's very possible that the vehicle was scheduled when the customer cancelled. I'm driving a Ford vehicle on a Ford Credit lease that I paid off six months early, yet I still get a payment reminder each month from Ford. Once a vehicle is scheduled, the order cannot be cancelled. As long as the Dealer properly reported and documented the customer's cancellation in the COVP system, the Dealer can sell the vehicle to a new customer without being in violation of the "Name Match" verification for the original customer.   

It makes me wonder how many backlogged orders are like this.  There seems to be no way for Ford to reliably know which orders are cancelled, forfeited, whatever you want to call it.  

If Ford had a more accurate process then maybe they would actually be able to build orders with real customers waiting.   I'm sure pre-pandemic they didn't have to really worry about it. 

21 minutes ago, jreddman said:

Dealer code 23w276

order #1032 F350 6.7 tremor

Any information or priority code info would be awesome

The member who was providing the  trackingservice  just announced today he will not be able to do this anymore.. If you look in forums under vehicle locator youll see his post. 

• Like 1

Well I am not surprised that I didn’t get picked up for scheduling. I did reach out to my salesman to go ahead and add AS to my order since I checked and the parts are physically available to purchase from ford parts and not on back order(very very expensive as just the steering wheel assembly is $2800 plus it looks like a special steering box is also required $800). Salesman told me that cannot add AS to any super duty at this time period. I think this is bs since I am unscheduled and have not been previewed. Can anyone confirm ??

Visited  the rail yard where our pickup is at somewhere for the second time this week hoping to get a look at it. It’s been a month to the day that it was built on 3/28. It’s been sitting at the rail yard since 4/17. There are probably 20 transports loaded and just sitting there. It was supposed to be delivered to the dealer on Sunday, but no go. Hopefully it gets delivered tomorrow as expected. ? 

BF8823C3-EC3D-49F5-B570-07ECDB47C83A.jpeg

50 minutes ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

Visited  the rail yard where our pickup is at somewhere for the second time this week hoping to get a look at it. It’s been a month to the day that it was built on 3/28. It’s been sitting at the rail yard since 4/17. There are probably 20 transports loaded and just sitting there. It was supposed to be delivered to the dealer on Sunday, but no go. Hopefully it gets delivered tomorrow as expected. ? 

BF8823C3-EC3D-49F5-B570-07ECDB47C83A.jpeg

Can you share location of this rail yard.  I think i recall you mentioned your dealer is 100 miles from Denver.  My dealer is 30miles from denver and my truck was to arrive this week.  Thinking my truck may be there too. Thanks 

7 hours ago, Scooter 1918 said:

No email for me today. Order confirmed 12/29, removed 5th wheel prep & bed liner 1/12.  If I’d have known it wouldn’t have been scheduled by now, I’d have just left them on. 

That's why I left them on. I saw some orders with and without getting held up. The dealer suggested to remove both of them to get scheduled quicker, but to your point, I think I would have been waiting this long anyway. I ordered a week and a half before you and was scheduled last week for 5/23

• Like 1

Recieved "scheduled for production" email today. The production is running pretty well in my opinion, though I know I am not one of those guys waiting for quite a while so i could have a differenceof opinion if I were in their shoes. I will add the info of my order. Seeing others post their info here gave me better insight, so I hope my info will help others as well. 

2022 F350 XLT 7.3  CCSB, BAP, Fifth wheel prep, spray in bedliner.

Dealer input Priority code 19.

Order submitted from dealer: 1/6/22

Order recieved email from Ford: 1/6/22

Delay email from Ford: 3/19/22 (I think most of everyone received this email as the email was pushed out by Ford at midnight)

Scheduled production date: 5/23/22

Recieved email from Ford on 4/29/22 stating production date was moved up to 5/16/22.

Edited by Heattt556
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cboy said:

Can you share location of this rail yard.  I think i recall you mentioned your dealer is 100 miles from Denver.  My dealer is 30miles from denver and my truck was to arrive this week.  Thinking my truck may be there too. Thanks 

It’s the Union Pacific Railyard 9900 I-76 Service Road in Henderson, CO off of. I sure hope you get your pickup this week. Ours was supposed to be delivered last Sunday, so hopefully they come through tomorrow. Maybe ours will be on the same transport and we will both be rolling in our new wheels this weekend. Otherwise maybe we can come up with a plan to bust our pickups out of jail together! Haha!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MackFord said:

That's why I left them on. I saw some orders with and without getting held up. The dealer suggested to remove both of them to get scheduled quicker, but to your point, I think I would have been waiting this long anyway. I ordered a week and a half before you and was scheduled last week for 5/23

Nice! Congrats on getting scheduled! I’ll get there one of these days ?

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

It’s the Union Pacific Railyard 9900 I-76 Service Road in Henderson, CO off of. I sure hope you get your pickup this week. Ours was supposed to be delivered last Sunday, so hopefully they come through tomorrow. Maybe ours will be on the same transport and we will both be rolling in our new wheels this weekend. Otherwise maybe we can come up with a plan to bust our pickups out of jail together! Haha!

Interesting, my dealer is 70 miles south of Denver and my rail car arrived at the BNSF Big Lift facility (not the UP one by I76) on Wednesday early AM and tracking showed the car released unloaded later that day.  No idea how long it will take to get to my dealer from the Big Lift.  I'm hoping for a week or less but I've heard that duallys may have limited spots on the transporter so it may be longer.  I would have thought that all trucks from the Kentucky plant would go to the same facility in Denver.   I guess some must go by different railways so maybe that's the difference? 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 5:09 PM, Rangers09 said:

Finally, the wait is almost over, as my Sales Manager called to advise my truck was at the dealer. It has some scrapes on a couple of hubs, which he will resolve with Ford and it goes to Line-X tomorrow. Should be picking it up Saturday.

Timeline:

31st August - Ordered F-450 KRU, order confirmed by Ford same day

17th March - Serialised and "Scheduled to Day" 1st April  Note - totally bypassed the "Scheduled to Week"

26th March - delayed, "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March - sent to plant

30th March - window sticker published

6th April - delayed, as should have started production this date

7th April - commenced production

9th April - Built

10th April - to GFX

11th April - released for shipping

12th April - shipped

27th April - delivered to West Coast Ford, Metro Vancouver

Very impressive as shipping took 15 days. Certainly, it helps when the dealer is only 2 miles from where they come off the train. Note - CSX tracking still has it in Chicago.

Wow 15 days, I was told at least 21 days to the Pit Meadows rail yard. enjoy I'm still on "plant hold' whatever that means.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:09 PM, Rangers09 said:

Finally, the wait is almost over, as my Sales Manager called to advise my truck was at the dealer. It has some scrapes on a couple of hubs, which he will resolve with Ford and it goes to Line-X tomorrow. Should be picking it up Saturday.

Timeline:

31st August - Ordered F-450 KRU, order confirmed by Ford same day

17th March - Serialised and "Scheduled to Day" 1st April  Note - totally bypassed the "Scheduled to Week"

26th March - delayed, "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March - sent to plant

30th March - window sticker published

6th April - delayed, as should have started production this date

7th April - commenced production

9th April - Built

10th April - to GFX

11th April - released for shipping

12th April - shipped

27th April - delivered to West Coast Ford, Metro Vancouver

Very impressive as shipping took 15 days. Certainly, it helps when the dealer is only 2 miles from where they come off the train. Note - CSX tracking still has it in Chicago.

Did your's show as shipped on the tracker?

1 hour ago, Blown32 said:

Interesting, my dealer is 70 miles south of Denver and my rail car arrived at the BNSF Big Lift facility (not the UP one by I76) on Wednesday early AM and tracking showed the car released unloaded later that day.  No idea how long it will take to get to my dealer from the Big Lift.  I'm hoping for a week or less but I've heard that duallys may have limited spots on the transporter so it may be longer.  I would have thought that all trucks from the Kentucky plant would go to the same facility in Denver.   I guess some must go by different railways so maybe that's the difference? 

Not sure which rail yard mine will be offloaded, I've not been tracking after shipped... so i can hope my truck is at least in one of those rail yards.  Mine truck is a drw too.  Big lift facility would make sense since it is closer to my dealer.

Edited by cboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, litage said:

Wow 15 days, I was told at least 21 days to the Pit Meadows rail yard. enjoy I'm still on "plant hold' whatever that means.

My Sales Manager mentioned their average is 23 days from KTP to the Pitt Meadows offload facility, so yes, I was definitely pleasantly surprised. I figured middle of next month.

1 hour ago, litage said:

Did your's show as shipped on the tracker?

Affirmative, the tracker showed shipped the day it left KTP and was again updated very shortly after arriving at the dealer. I had checked it about an hour before the dealer called and it still showed as being shipped. After I hung up with the dealer, I checked and it showed arrived at dealership.

CSX tracking was useless, it reported it was stuck in Chicago from 3 days after leaving KTP.

I stopped by my dealer last week to get any information I could on my order (14 Feb ordered F350 Tremor w/ 7.3). As I got out of my vehicle, a diesel Tremor was returning from a test drive. I asked if it was available and the salesman said, yes, if this gentleman doesn’t buy it. Sticker was $84k and salesman said they were asking $99k.  I think I’ll just wait for mine to come in. 

10 hours ago, litage said:

Well don’t get too discouraged, my rig is also stuck in the black hole off “plant hold” too. It was built and released for shipment on 3/30, then changed to delay rail carrier and finally plant hold and still hasn’t shipped. The anticipation has been killing me over the last four weeks.

31 minutes ago, es44c4 said:

I've seen somewhere on this forum where others have been able to locate where their units are located, but I can't find that thread. Where do look to find where my truck currently located. Thanks

Vehicle tracking via the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" forum is no longer available as today is cyberdman's last day at Ford. That forum will be short down shortly. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which includes the vehicle tracking, location, rail carrier, rail car number and all shipping status updates through vehicle delivery to the dealership.

Otherwise, you can use the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/) by entering your order number and VIN number. 

• Like 1