2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Frog_Legs said:

My modules haven’t shown up yet at the motor craft service site. ?

I have a ton of numbers under the BCE section, is this the modules? There is like a 100 of them. Looks like this

7B1-01-01  5000  5C61  26ED 
  7B1-01-02  F211  0AC8   
  7B1-02-01  101A  88FF 

9C08

1 hour ago, crashman-405 said:

I have a ton of numbers under the BCE section, is this the modules? There is like a 100 of them. Looks like this

7B1-01-01  5000  5C61  26ED 
  7B1-01-02  F211  0AC8   
  7B1-02-01  101A  88FF 

9C08

Yes that would be them.  Mine populated this morning so hopefully my order is getting close to being completed. 

38 minutes ago, KonevTremor said:

Hello All,

Spoke with my dealer regarding priority codes. He said they set every order to 19 and never change them, first come first serve basis as he explained. Is that normal practice? 

Yes it’s perfectly normal for lazy dealers who can’t be bothered to manage their order bank properly.

While the orders should be filled by order date, the system will often take the orders that are easiest to build first.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yes it’s perfectly normal for lazy dealers who can’t be bothered to manage their order bank properly.

While the orders should be filled by order date, the system will often take the orders that are easiest to build first.

What would constitute managing it “properly”? Setting all orders at 10 vs all at 19 would make no difference since that priority is only relevant to that dealer, IIRC. If a commodity “restrained” order can’t be built due to that, it doesn’t matter if it’s at prio 10 or 19. It still won’t get built. 

39 minutes ago, Blackhawk23 said:

What would constitute managing it “properly”? Setting all orders at 10 vs all at 19 would make no difference since that priority is only relevant to that dealer, IIRC. If a commodity “restrained” order can’t be built due to that, it doesn’t matter if it’s at prio 10 or 19. It still won’t get built. 

Moving the oldest order or orders to priority 10 and leaving newer ones higher.  Sometimes it will skip a truck that could be built for one that’s easier to build.  E.g. one that has no commodity restraints vs one that has commodity restraints even though the commodity is available.  It’s just how the system works.  

Edited by akirby
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, akirby said:

Moving the oldest order or orders to priority 10 and leaving newer ones higher.  Sometimes it will skip a truck that could be built for one that’s easier to build.  E.g. one that has no commodity restraints vs one that has commodity restraints even though the commodity is available.  It’s just how the system works.  

Wow that is so shortsighted and frankly stupid. Time since order should always be weighted highest. If that’s the case then you’re right, the dealer should be working that USOB for their customers. Of course we know the path of least resistance always wins and that’s simply “don’t touch it”, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Blackhawk23 said:

Wow that is so shortsighted and frankly stupid. Time since order should always be weighted highest. If that’s the case then you’re right, the dealer should be working that USOB for their customers. Of course we know the path of least resistance always wins and that’s simply “don’t touch it”, unfortunately. 

You have to understand that this system was built decades ago to support a system of 95% dealer stock orders where it doesn't really matter.   Tweaks were made to accomodate retail orders but this level of parts shortages is unprecedented.   And they tried to do exactly that with Bronco orders but that didn't work out.   I think we'll see a different more consumer friendly order model for BEVs that might also trickle over to ICE vehicles down the road.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rjrrtheis said:

Received the info this morning that my truck has shipped. Anybody out there take delivery in California? If so, can you please tell me how long it took to arrive at the Dealer? 

Mine also ships to Sac. California built 4/21 ships week of 5/9 keeping fingers crossed arrives on schedule 

lots of plans 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LGBrandon said:

2022 F250 Lariat in Antimatter  Blue. 7.3 4wd crew cab. Ordered 11/27. Completed production 3/21. And I sit here and wait. Still hasn't shipped.

Very frustrating, but I guess still beats paying 15K over sticker, and having to drive my new truck in the snow. That's long gone!

I am still trying to keep my trade under 60K miles and it's starting to look like thats not going to happen.

I feel ya. I ordered a f350 king ranch ultimate crew cab long bed antimatter blue/ stone grey on 1/13. nothing yet, but I’m next in line at my dealer here in Ca. Fingers crossed. priority 10

• Like 2

Bumped again on delivery to the dealer to Friday, May 6. I’ve officially lost my patience with this when it takes 3 weeks to get a transport to pick up a fully built truck and drive it to the dealer. Ford should make exceptions with transport to allow outside contractors to pick these vehicles up since they are so backed up. Our dealer alone has 15 vehicles pending pickup. My brother-in-law would have trucked this pickup to the dealer two weeks ago. Special circumstances with backed up transporters should allow for special conditions for dealers to go and pick up their vehicles for their customers.  

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

Bumped again on delivery to the dealer to Friday, May 6. I’ve officially lost my patience with this when it takes 3 weeks to get a transport to pick up a fully built truck and drive it to the dealer. Ford should make exceptions with transport to allow outside contractors to pick these vehicles up since they are so backed up. Our dealer alone has 15 vehicles pending pickup. My brother-in-law would have trucked this pickup to the dealer two weeks ago. Special circumstances with backed up transporters should allow for special conditions for dealers to go and pick up their vehicles for their customers.  

Would be nice. Hopefully mine will get built soon.?

• Like 1

34A4DB38-F297-4BE8-9593-66546EDDBBE3.thumb.jpeg.bf40449f0148d4a5cd5ef5e5504c3dd9.jpegAnyone here in the forum order there truck from Jacksonville,Florida? I ordered the F250 Lariat decent amount of options. My order was confirmed on 2-8-22 so I know I still have a good amount of waiting. Just curious on the turn around time for people in my area? I was blessed to pick up a Brand New 2022 Lariat at msrp from another local dealership so at least I got something to drive while I wait. Figured I couldn’t go wrong picking it up at msrp because I would get my money back on trade once my ordered truck arrives. 

Edited by Jason0430
Change the picture so it didn’t show my personal info

15 hours ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

I have just about lost my patience too. Built 3/30 and still sitting at the plant waiting to ship. The latest ETA to dealer is May16-21, doubt I will see it then since it still hasn’t shipped. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, G8R said:

Anyone financing through Ford Motor Credit? What rates are people getting with? Are there any financing incentives offered?

While I'm not that far along in the process, my salesman told me he could get me better rates than going through Ford Motor Credit. They've been pretty competitive in the past, so I was pretty surprised as we've used FMC in the past. I don't expect to have to worry about it until the September-November timeframe as I ordered in early March.

Edited by elltee
grammar cleanup