2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Almost 9 months since order 

I would love to look at interest rates

I hope I get my truck before 1 year mark

i have ordered all types of cars and trucks and have had better communications from manufacture 

I see other F-450 platinums getting scheduled before me 

no logic to it 

10 hours ago, Monoman said:

Since Ford stopped taking SD orders on 4/1 it doesn't really hurt Ford to let people "build" their vehicles with all options to play with. They could even gather info to help them determine what to offer on the MY23 whenever that happens.

at the rate Ford is deleting options from the F150, I speculate this will transfer to the 23 SD so youre going to be missing a lot of options come 23 SD time.  THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F450 said:

Almost 9 months since order 

I would love to look at interest rates

I hope I get my truck before 1 year mark

i have ordered all types of cars and trucks and have had better communications from manufacture 

I see other F-450 platinums getting scheduled before me 

no logic to it 

I feel your pain F450!!

Ordered F450 Platinum 4/28/21, black w/ AS 

Dealer placed order 5/03/21

Never got order confirmation from Ford, think dealer messed it up. I have confirmed with regional rep they have my order.

Beyond frustration at this point!  No one can give me an answer, not the dealer, not the regional rep, no one!!! 
Good luck maybe someday we’ll get ours! 

As a joke I text my salesman a Happy Anniversary, didn’t get much of a laugh!!!

2 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

at the rate Ford is deleting options from the F150, I speculate this will transfer to the 23 SD so youre going to be missing a lot of options come 23 SD time.  THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went on the Ford site and did some SD builds.  They have a popup message telling you that there are supply issues and that not all things shown will be available.  FWIW - the build and price tool let me add 5th wheel prep, AS, and spray in bedliner.  LOL

• Like 1

Picked up my F350 Monday afternoon.  Two days shy of 6.5 months from order.  According to the dealer this is the first dually they have had on the lot in months and they had several people try to buy it. 

I am happy to report that the dealer experience was very good.  I was expecting to have to argue the X plan, military $500, and price protection to order date but they had all the paperwork ready and had it all covered ? 

In and out fairly quickly (about 1.5 hrs) and we are very happy with it.  Now to get 1000 miles on it so I can tow for a pre-planed planned trip

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jfinn said:

I feel your pain F450!!

Ordered F450 Platinum 4/28/21, black w/ AS 

Dealer placed order 5/03/21

Never got order confirmation from Ford, think dealer messed it up. I have confirmed with regional rep they have my order.

Beyond frustration at this point!  No one can give me an answer, not the dealer, not the regional rep, no one!!! 
Good luck maybe someday we’ll get ours! 

As a joke I text my salesman a Happy Anniversary, didn’t get much of a laugh!!!

I hope I don’t have to text salesman happy anniversay

1 hour ago, 1972Mach1 said:

That is an interesting window sticker especially with the options.  I take that price is in Canadian? 

Price is Canadian yes. The options are my perfect build, buying on the lot for my last vehicle really made me  appreciate having choices. I'll add spray in bedliner and 5th wheel hitch on delivery 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

There will be Pictures for sure whenever it gets scheduled, built, shipped and arrives at dealer. ??

I mean like My truck should arrive arrive at the dealer in a couple days and I’ll get it but due to my career field I will not be seeing it for another 6 months

• Sad 1

Truck finally arrived in town at the local depot. 

does the dealer generally schedule an auto transport to go pick it up? I would imagine there would be other vehicles arriving or to other dealerships to when the auto transport gets dispatched. Curious to how long the dealer would let it sit at the depot before picked up. Excited!

31 minutes ago, MFord said:

does the dealer generally schedule an auto transport to go pick it up? I would imagine there would be other vehicles arriving or to other dealerships to when the auto transport gets dispatched. Curious to how long the dealer would let it sit at the depot before picked up. Excited!

The dealer doesn’t handle that it’s all done by Ford contractors.  May take a few days or may take a month.  It all depends on the logistics at that particular location.

37 minutes ago, MFord said:

Vehicle transport is a contract matter directly between Ford and the various vehicle transport companies. Contracts are renegotiated when they come up for renewal and may result in vehicles being sent to different, final destination rail ramps and delivered by car carriers by different firms. Dealers have no control or input on vehicle transportation.  

2022MY Super Duty Scheduling - Per the new Production Week Scheduling Information posted, there will be NO regular allocation scheduling during the week of May 9th.

This relates to order scheduling, not production!

THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS INCORRECT - FORD POSTED INCORRECT SCHEDULING INFORMATION THIS MORNING!

2022MY Super Duty Scheduling - For the week of May 9th - Orders WILL be scheduled for production the weeks of 05/30/2022 & 06/06/2022!  

Edited by ice-capades
Revised
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

The dealer doesn’t handle that it’s all done by Ford contractors.  May take a few days or may take a month.  It all depends on the logistics at that particular location.

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Vehicle transport is a contract matter directly between Ford and the various vehicle transport companies. Contracts are renegotiated when they come up for renewal and may result in vehicles being sent to different, final destination rail ramps and delivered by car carriers by different firms. Dealers have no control or input on vehicle transportation.  

awesome, thank you both. So it’s scheduled at a much higher level and sounds pre planned once arrived if on schedule. 

18 minutes ago, MFord said:

awesome, thank you both. So it’s scheduled at a much higher level and sounds pre planned once arrived if on schedule. 

Just to clarify, it's not a matter of scheduling. Once the vehicle arrives at the final rail ramp destination, it's transferred to the auto transport firm contracted by Ford. The transport company determines which vehicles get dispatched and loaded for delivery by car carrier to the dealerships. There are a number of factors involved including driver and equipment availability, vehicle mix that can be loaded, etc. In general, vehicles are dispatched on a first in, first out basis but subject to the factors noted. Ford has no input in which vehicles are dispatched or when, unless a vehicle is at the ramp but under a "Plant Hold".  

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Just to clarify, it's not a matter of scheduling. Once the vehicle arrives at the final rail ramp destination, it's transferred to the auto transport firm contracted by Ford. The transport company determines which vehicles get dispatched and loaded for delivery by car carrier to the dealerships. There are a number of factors involved including driver and equipment availability, vehicle mix that can be loaded, etc. In general, vehicles are dispatched on a first in, first out basis but subject to the factors noted. Ford has no input in which vehicles are dispatched or when, unless a vehicle is at the ramp but under a "Plant Hold".  

thanks for clarifying makes much more sense. Really appreciate it.