2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's all BS! Ford's price protection policy has been in effect for decades and hasn't changed. Your Dealer is just setting you up to accept the price increases so they can pocket the increases as additional profit. Don't be surprised if the Dealer adds an ADM when the vehicle finally arrives!

That's what I thought and this is a dealer that I've had a 20+ year relationship with both personal and business.  If I have to fight this I'm not afraid to walk and take my fleet business elsewhere.  

42 minutes ago, yorid said:

I read on FB they are building and holding the Platinum because of the multicountour seats, anyone hearing anything about this

I did see another post that this was flagged on the Super Duty Build Your Own site. It was back a couple of pages.

46 minutes ago, yorid said:

I read on FB they are building and holding the Platinum because of the multicountour seats, anyone hearing anything about this

This was on page 374:

I thought this was interesting, I was just messing around on Fords build site, and they now allow you to select a bunch of options, unlike before for the last month or so.  But I was putting my platinum build together and noticed the "multi-contour delete" option.  Is this a potential item that could be holding up the build times for platinums/KR/Limiteds?  If so, I will gladly remove that to get mine built quicker. I assume this is just the massaging part that is deleted?  Not the actual seat cushions and leather used in those trims?  Maybe someone will chime in and give me some more detail before I call my dealer and ask for the delete option 

1 hour ago, yorid said:

One guy posted that his window sticker showed up today, and now on his build details under accessories it’s showing “Multi-Contour Seat Delete”. 

57582C5F-94C4-428F-B15F-B054EF9049F0.jpeg

Edited by manko

37 minutes ago, manko said:

One guy posted that his window sticker showed up today, and now on his build details under accessories it’s showing “Multi-Contour Seat Delete”. 

I read that and didn't see the "delete" on my Platinum Batch 5749. I'm went in production 4/29 hopefully I will make it without the module hold

Edited by yorid

30 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

Does anyone know what the massage feels like in the king ranch seat? Because if it is just like a vibrating seat I’ll call the dealer and get rid of it to get my truck built faster. Now if actually does  massage or whatever I’ll keep it.

It’s simply a collection of air bladders that inflate and deflate to simulate a “massage”. It really is not a massage

37 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

Does anyone know what the massage feels like in the king ranch seat? Because if it is just like a vibrating seat I’ll call the dealer and get rid of it to get my truck built faster. Now if actually does  massage or whatever I’ll keep it.

As a current King Ranch F-150 owner I use the active motion everyday on my drive to work. I really wanted to order a fully loaded lariat with the BAP but decided to order a platinum instead because I wanted the active motion seats. It’s defined not a corny vibration style massage, but produces more a slow firm rolling sensation over your back and butt. It alternates sides and location that it “massages.” I think the big advantage is if you are like me and your legs fall asleep on long rides this helps to stimulate blood flow and prevent that pins and needles sensation. It feels sort of similar to how the pneumatic compression stocking in the hospital work I think. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

Obviously everyone will utilize their new ride differently. My neighbor traded his 2017 F350 KR (no messaging seats) in 11/2021 with 460,000 miles. 6 months in with his

2022 F350 KR with messaging seats, his quote “will not buy another truck without it”.  For me, that is good enough for me to keep it. At this point I have removed a few commodity constraints already, going to ride it out how my order stands to date. Ordered 12/6/2021, F350 KR, 6.7L , removed hard tonneau cover and spray in BL in 1/2022.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

I have no AS, or spray in bed liner but do have 5th wheel prep. Wondering if I should drop that to move along. 

They are still making commodity constrained trucks. My limited is off the rail, awaiting the last leg of the journey to the dealer. AS. Spray in liner, wheel liners, massage seats, and 5th prep. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2022Limited said:

They are still making commodity constrained trucks. My limited is off the rail, awaiting the last leg of the journey to the dealer. AS. Spray in liner, wheel liners, massage seats, and 5th prep. 

So true. I pick up my F-450 KRU with Moonroof, 5th wheel prep and massaging seats tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nutz said:

Obviously everyone will utilize their new ride differently. My neighbor traded his 2017 F350 KR (no messaging seats) in 11/2021 with 460,000 miles. 6 months in with his

2022 F350 KR with messaging seats, his quote “will not buy another truck without it”.  For me, that is good enough for me to keep it. At this point I have removed a few commodity constraints already, going to ride it out how my order stands to date. Ordered 12/6/2021, F350 KR, 6.7L , removed hard tonneau cover and spray in BL in 1/2022.

Thank you for the info, I guess I’ll be keeping the massage seats, I just hope it doesn’t slow me down to much on getting my truck.

49 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

Thank you for the info, I guess I’ll be keeping the massage seats, I just hope it doesn’t slow me down to much on getting my truck.

Ordered my f350 king ranch ultimate SRW/CC/LB on 1/13/22. I dropped the f/w prep, spray in bed liner and wheel well liners in February, don’t really want to drop anymore. I’m just hoping to get it by the 1st of August so I don’t have to cancel my vacation.?????? 

Edited by King ranch 62

8 hours ago, rxwoody said:

As a current King Ranch F-150 owner I use the active motion everyday on my drive to work. I really wanted to order a fully loaded lariat with the BAP but decided to order a platinum instead because I wanted the active motion seats. It’s defined not a corny vibration style massage, but produces more a slow firm rolling sensation over your back and butt. It alternates sides and location that it “massages.” I think the big advantage is if you are like me and your legs fall asleep on long rides this helps to stimulate blood flow and prevent that pins and needles sensation. It feels sort of similar to how the pneumatic compression stocking in the hospital work I think. 

Sounds awesome I’ll keep it then. Thanks for the info.

Fingers crossed this is the week I receive the coveted built status. Had a production week of May 2 that I was fortunate enough to never get bumped from. Unfortunately after eagerly anticipating the built email all last week it never showed. Thankful that I have made it this far in the process especially without ever going crazy searching for updates. With that light at the end of the tunnel and vacation getting closer the obsession is starting to set in. Anyone else with a production week of May 2 playing the waiting game too?

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:09 PM, KonevTremor said:

Hello All,

Spoke with my dealer regarding priority codes. He said they set every order to 19 and never change them, first come first serve basis as he explained. Is that normal practice? 

My dealer told me basically the same thing. When I asked about moving the priority number up he said that wouldn't be fair to the other buyers and that they don't do that as policy.

I get emails every other week or so saying "nothing new" and he'll touch base with me again soon. I know I'm only 3 months and a few days since placing the order. The day I ordered I was 42nd or 43rd in line at my dealer. Two months later I was the same. Little over a week ago I got the same nothing new message and I asked if my place in line had changed and I got no response.

I know there are supply chain issues. But I'm becoming annoyed with the cavalier no new information attitude from my salesmen. He's not a newbie green wet behind his ears salesmen either. He's been in the business for decades at the same dealership. I'm in the dark and feel like I'm getting nothing from them. Maybe there really isn't anything new to report, but at least make me aware you're doing everything you can. Show me some kind of effort is being made.

My Father owned a Ford dealership for over 37 years and closed up shop almost 15 years ago. If I knew anyone at regional that still worked there and remembered him I'd be calling. Someone should be able to forecast roughly, within reason, how long it'll take to build my truck.

1 hour ago, tjm73 said:

My dealer told me basically the same thing. When I asked about moving the priority number up he said that wouldn't be fair to the other buyers and that they don't do that as policy.

I get emails every other week or so saying "nothing new" and he'll touch base with me again soon. I know I'm only 3 months and a few days since placing the order. The day I ordered I was 42nd or 43rd in line at my dealer. Two months later I was the same. Little over a week ago I got the same nothing new message and I asked if my place in line had changed and I got no response.

I know there are supply chain issues. But I'm becoming annoyed with the cavalier no new information attitude from my salesmen. He's not a newbie green wet behind his ears salesmen either. He's been in the business for decades at the same dealership. I'm in the dark and feel like I'm getting nothing from them. Maybe there really isn't anything new to report, but at least make me aware you're doing everything you can. Show me some kind of effort is being made.

My Father owned a Ford dealership for over 37 years and closed up shop almost 15 years ago. If I knew anyone at regional that still worked there and remembered him I'd be calling. Someone should be able to forecast roughly, within reason, how long it'll take to build my truck.

In this situation it’s probably just best to go to the sales or inventory manager. It does make no sense to move your priority up if they have everyone at the same and are letting order date be the “deciding” factor where you sit in line. Buckle up and wait. This is the other (ugly) edge of JIT manufacturing methodology. They run lean and it works, until it doesn’t. 

Your salesman is just in the dark with the situation as everyone else. They’re in the sales business, not manufacturing business. If you are after that information, there is a super duty manufacturing Facebook group where factory personnel frequent and drop relevant constraint or production info. 

8 hours ago, tjm73 said:

It is going to take 6-9 months on average.  The only thing that seems odd is that in 3 months your number in line is the same.  That seems to imply that the dealer has not seen any orders move forward (deliveries or VIN assigned) in 3 months.  I would ask the sales manager about that and make sure you understand their process.   FWIW - I am at 5 months now and sitting at priority level 2.  Level 2 sounds great but it does not mean much until Ford has the parts to build my truck and actually builds it.    

Edited by Monoman