2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Fingers crossed this is the week I receive the coveted built status. Had a production week of May 2 that I was fortunate enough to never get bumped from. Unfortunately after eagerly anticipating the built email all last week it never showed. Thankful that I have made it this far in the process especially without ever going crazy searching for updates. With that light at the end of the tunnel and vacation getting closer the obsession is starting to set in. Anyone else with a production week of May 2 playing the waiting game too?

Yup May 2nd week here and no updates to speak of. I had not been discouraged until now. Made the mistake of selling my truck last week as I had assumed since I was scheduled for 5/2 it would happen, as that seems to have been the case recently. Unfortunately that doesn't seem in the cards now. Also sounds like we may be back to supply chain type issues again. I was hoping to have my truck by Memorial Day, I don't see that happening and am slightly panicking I won't have it by the first of July, which is when we have our large family vacation camping trip.....

• Like 1

Are wheel liners constrained now?  I see references to that on this forum but not officially.  For a long time fifth wheel prep, spray in bed line, adaptive steering have been on the naughty list.  My ordered truck has them on the front.  If so, I will have the dealer drop them off.  No big deal, they can be installed later, if I want them.  Thanks

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

That seems to imply that the dealer has not seen any orders move forward (deliveries or VIN assigned) in 3 months. 

Not at all.  Its possible that the first 3 have had commodity issues while others were able to be built.

I spoke to my Daughter in laws dad who works in the Kentucky truck plant and he said they are still running 6 days a week but there were some slowdowns in the Ohio plant. Don't quote me but I thought he said there was 180,000 still to be built.

1 hour ago, koolman68 said:

I spoke to my Daughter in laws dad who works in the Kentucky truck plant and he said they are still running 6 days a week but there were some slowdowns in the Ohio plant. Don't quote me but I thought he said there was 180,000 still to be built.

No way they're already down to 180k left to build. it was near 300k less than a month ago. Although that number was retail, stock and maybe fleet. Maybe there are only 180k retail orders left?

2 hours ago, CheeseheadFord said:

Yup May 2nd week here and no updates to speak of. I had not been discouraged until now. Made the mistake of selling my truck last week as I had assumed since I was scheduled for 5/2 it would happen, as that seems to have been the case recently. Unfortunately that doesn't seem in the cards now. Also sounds like we may be back to supply chain type issues again. I was hoping to have my truck by Memorial Day, I don't see that happening and am slightly panicking I won't have it by the first of July, which is when we have our large family vacation camping trip.....

Maybe we'll both catch some good news this week and see them before July vacation. 

8 hours ago, akirby said:

Not at all.  Its possible that the first 3 have had commodity issues while others were able to be built.

I am not sure I follow... I know I can be slow. ;-)  If I am 42nd in line and two months later I'm still 42nd in line then I am not sure how anyone in spots 1-41 moved.... unless others jumped ahead or higher spots got processed. 

Found out some interesting news today from a friend who order a 22MY king ranch Super Duty back in August and has had his new truck since some time in January. Apparently the sync 4 system in the 22MY Super Duty comes with a 90 trial subscription to navigation. After that you do not have GPS navigation in the truck anymore. The subscription cost $80 a year if you want GPS navigation or you can use the Apple Car play feature and use your mapping system on phone when you have service. If you don’t have an Apple phone I guess you won’t have navigation at all. I think it kind of sucks when you buy a truck that expensive that you don’t get GPS navigation like most vehicles have had for so many years. If I ever do get my new truck this is going to suck. Don’t use GPS all the time, but usually have it on during trips for guidance and traffic updates in unfamiliar areas.

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

I am not sure I follow... I know I can be slow. ? If I am 42nd in line and two months later I'm still 42nd in line then I am not sure how anyone in spots 1-41 moved.... unless others jumped ahead or higher spots got processed. 

I thought he said he was #3.  My bad.

26 minutes ago, Mike83 said:

Found out some interesting news today from a friend who order a 22MY king ranch Super Duty back in August and has had his new truck since some time in January. Apparently the sync 4 system in the 22MY Super Duty comes with a 90 trial subscription to navigation. After that you do not have GPS navigation in the truck anymore. The subscription cost $80 a year if you want GPS navigation or you can use the Apple Car play feature and use your mapping system on phone when you have service. If you don’t have an Apple phone I guess you won’t have navigation at all. I think it kind of sucks when you buy a truck that expensive that you don’t get GPS navigation like most vehicles have had for so many years. If I ever do get my new truck this is going to suck. Don’t use GPS all the time, but usually have it on during trips for guidance and traffic updates in unfamiliar areas.

I use Waze on my phone, Android, and never bother with the built in nav. No subscription required. I use Pandora for music so no need for Serius either. Pandora is like $5/month. 

Edited by 4thTimer

From what I understand you can get Connected Built-in Navigation which comes with 3 years of service.  Connected services include live traffic, weather, gas and restaurants, etc.  If after 3 years you don’t subscribe, it will revert to the built-in (imbedded) GPS with no connected services.  The other version is a Connected Navigation 90 day trial.  After 90 days if you don’t subscribe, you get a nice map with no GPS function.  

My last truck - 2015 F150 - had Sync2 and factory navigation with an SD card for maps, and I liked it enough that I put my Garmin in a drawer.  My current truck - 2022 F250 - with Sync3 also has factory nav and I am not really liking it as much as I did my previous system.  However, I do like that I get all the connected services in the navigation unit  through the Sirius/XM subscription I already have.  

3 hours ago, Mike83 said:

This had been discussed extensively.

Personally, I prefer the Randy McNally/Good Sam RV GPS, so when towing I wouldn't use the factory one anyway.

• Like 1

Finally picked up my F-450 KRU - CCLB, 6.7, DRW, 4x4, 5th wheel prep, spray-in bed liner, moonroof, ACC, quad- LED lights, motion seats, mud flaps, tailgate step

@cyberdman

84769230_AndyandF450_2.thumb.jpg.7d927b64af40283878ec8c7299fc5665.jpg929318217_FrontofF450_2.thumb.jpg.7c5a60150cccab9d54bfb7d0fb78d8a1.jpg582626944_SideofTruck2.thumb.jpg.e6155c8712e85a5359e619debded3e60.jpg

Will post additional photos once we get some sunny days

Timeline:

• 31st August 2021 - Ordered & Confirmed
  • 31st October 2021 - deleted front wheel liners, spray-in bed liner (dealer to supply), ADD King Ranch Ultimate package
  • December 2021 - Ford moved to priority 2
  • 17th March 2022 - Serialised & "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April (note - totally bypassed scheduled to week)
  • 26th March 2022 - bumped, "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April
  • 29th March 2022 - sent to plant, In Production
  • 30th March 2022 - WS published
  • 7th April 2022 - was scheduled to start production today, but delayed
  • 8th April 2022 - started production
  • 9th April 2022 - built, awaiting shipping
  • 10th April 2022 - at GFX
  • 11th April 2022 - released by plant
  • 12th April 2022 - shipped, ETA 26th April to 6th May
  • 27th April 2022 - Delivered to dealer, 3 of 4 hubs damaged during shipping
  • 9th May 2022 - Picked up from dealer

OTD - 8 months, 8 days, 22 hrs.

Vehicle delivered fully operational, including the motion seats. Huge improvement over the F-350 DRW. When chatting with the salesman he was surprised it doesn't have AS, as it drives like a dream. He is going to recommend a family member remove it from their F-350 order.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mike83 said:

In Canada we get a 3 year trial, one of the few instances us guys up north get treated better than our neighbours to the south by Ford. 

Dealer Experience - West Coast Ford/Lincoln, Maple Ridge, BC

Picked up my F-450 this morning, which was ordered way back in August 2021. Totally quick and smooth process at the dealer.

Stopped in with the Business Manager and all complete in under 10 mins. The numbers I agreed with the Sales Manager and included on the updated build sheet dated 31st Oct were already printed on the contract. Problem was, she had forgot to add the cost of the spray-in bed liner from LineX. Therefore, had I not pointed out her error, I would have paid less than what I agreed with the Sales Manager. Took an extra couple of minutes to fix and re-print.

Zero issues with price increases. This is how all dealers should treat the customer.

If you are in Metro Vancouver, check out West Coast Ford, ask for Aslam Ali, Sales Manager.

• Like 3

On 5/8/2022 at 7:42 PM, tjm73 said:

My dealer told me basically the same thing. When I asked about moving the priority number up he said that wouldn't be fair to the other buyers and that they don't do that as policy.

I get emails every other week or so saying "nothing new" and he'll touch base with me again soon. I know I'm only 3 months and a few days since placing the order. The day I ordered I was 42nd or 43rd in line at my dealer. Two months later I was the same. Little over a week ago I got the same nothing new message and I asked if my place in line had changed and I got no response.

I know there are supply chain issues. But I'm becoming annoyed with the cavalier no new information attitude from my salesmen. He's not a newbie green wet behind his ears salesmen either. He's been in the business for decades at the same dealership. I'm in the dark and feel like I'm getting nothing from them. Maybe there really isn't anything new to report, but at least make me aware you're doing everything you can. Show me some kind of effort is being made.

My Father owned a Ford dealership for over 37 years and closed up shop almost 15 years ago. If I knew anyone at regional that still worked there and remembered him I'd be calling. Someone should be able to forecast roughly, within reason, how long it'll take to build my truck.

Don’t waist time talking to a salesman go talk to the sales manager, or if that doesn’t work talk the owner. 

Hello again everyone, stopped by my dealer Monday afternoon to chat with owner/friend regarding another issue; while there he looked up my A-Plan order to discover I have been moved to Priority Code 02 from Priority Code 10.  Hopefully, I'll be scheduled soon.  Order timeline below:

01/24/2022 ordered F250 SCSB XL STX FX4 7.3 3.55 Antimatter Blue 

01/25/2022 Confirmation Email Received Verified Priority 10

03/19/2022 Delay Email Received

05/08/2022 Moved to Priority 02 (Unscheduled Clean)

Edited by Danover321

10 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Dealer Experience - West Coast Ford/Lincoln, Maple Ridge, BC

Picked up my F-450 this morning, which was ordered way back in August 2021. Totally quick and smooth process at the dealer.

Stopped in with the Business Manager and all complete in under 10 mins. The numbers I agreed with the Sales Manager and included on the updated build sheet dated 31st Oct were already printed on the contract. Problem was, she had forgot to add the cost of the spray-in bed liner from LineX. Therefore, had I not pointed out her error, I would have paid less than what I agreed with the Sales Manager. Took an extra couple of minutes to fix and re-print.

Zero issues with price increases. This is how all dealers should treat the customer.

If you are in Metro Vancouver, check out West Coast Ford, ask for Aslam Ali, Sales Manager.

That is how my deals go with my dealer... If there are any price increases, they are not pushed to me.. paperwork is painless, the Business Manager knows me and does NOT try and sell me any stuff.....

Edited by Ford truck guy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Finally picked up my F-450 KRU - CCLB, 6.7, DRW, 4x4, 5th wheel prep, spray-in bed liner, moonroof, ACC, quad- LED lights, motion seats, mud flaps, tailgate step

@cyberdman

84769230_AndyandF450_2.thumb.jpg.7d927b64af40283878ec8c7299fc5665.jpg929318217_FrontofF450_2.thumb.jpg.7c5a60150cccab9d54bfb7d0fb78d8a1.jpg582626944_SideofTruck2.thumb.jpg.e6155c8712e85a5359e619debded3e60.jpg

Will post additional photos once we get some sunny days

Timeline:

• 31st August 2021 - Ordered & Confirmed
  • 31st October 2021 - deleted front wheel liners, spray-in bed liner (dealer to supply), ADD King Ranch Ultimate package
  • December 2021 - Ford moved to priority 2
  • 17th March 2022 - Serialised & "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April (note - totally bypassed scheduled to week)
  • 26th March 2022 - bumped, "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April
  • 29th March 2022 - sent to plant, In Production
  • 30th March 2022 - WS published
  • 7th April 2022 - was scheduled to start production today, but delayed
  • 8th April 2022 - started production
  • 9th April 2022 - built, awaiting shipping
  • 10th April 2022 - at GFX
  • 11th April 2022 - released by plant
  • 12th April 2022 - shipped, ETA 26th April to 6th May
  • 27th April 2022 - Delivered to dealer, 3 of 4 hubs damaged during shipping
  • 9th May 2022 - Picked up from dealer

OTD - 8 months, 8 days, 22 hrs.

Vehicle delivered fully operational, including the motion seats. Huge improvement over the F-350 DRW. When chatting with the salesman he was surprised it doesn't have AS, as it drives like a dream. He is going to recommend a family member remove it from their F-350 order.

Love the truck Andy, its a keeper

• Like 1