2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 5/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, Rangers09 said:

Dealer Experience - West Coast Ford/Lincoln, Maple Ridge, BC

Picked up my F-450 this morning, which was ordered way back in August 2021. Totally quick and smooth process at the dealer.

Stopped in with the Business Manager and all complete in under 10 mins. The numbers I agreed with the Sales Manager and included on the updated build sheet dated 31st Oct were already printed on the contract. Problem was, she had forgot to add the cost of the spray-in bed liner from LineX. Therefore, had I not pointed out her error, I would have paid less than what I agreed with the Sales Manager. Took an extra couple of minutes to fix and re-print.

Zero issues with price increases. This is how all dealers should treat the customer.

If you are in Metro Vancouver, check out West Coast Ford, ask for Aslam Ali, Sales Manager.

That’s the treatment I’m expecting…if the truck ever comes! ?

Now, if I can just score a PCO!

• Like 1

Just need to vent for a moment...I am a patient man and completely understand the state of the world right now, however, Ford, IMHO., could do a much better job of being concise and transparent and then I feel people would be a little more understanding to their situation. Let me explain what I mean. On 4/5 I received an email from Ford stating that my truck was built and had an expected arrival date at my dealer of 4/17 through 4/23. Then on 4/16 I get the generic email stating, "To ensure my complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your truck is delivered to my dealer." I have since received this email 4 more time with the last one coming last night pushing the delivery back to 24 to 30 May. My issues are with the "Built" email and the "To ensure your satisfaction..." email. Specifically, Ford tells me my truck is built but then the delay email seems to suggest otherwise. Just be upfront about the actual status of our trucks, is it built or do you need more time to complete the truck, i.e., waiting on chips or a lack of rail cars. If it's waiting on chips then it was never actually "built", just say that. Be upfront and transparent, that shouldn't be a lot to ask. 

Ok, rant over. I will sit back and patiently continue to wait. Thank you!

On 5/10/2022 at 6:39 AM, KonevTremor said:

Well my dealer just let me know that my priority has been moved to 02! Hopefully soon! 

My DeRidder La dealer also worked to get my KRU 350 ordered in Nov down to a priority 2. It took me calling and explaining how/why… but they got it done.

now to see if that actually helps

For those of you who just found out that you were bumped up to "Priority 2" recently,

Don't get your hopes up too fast,

I've been at "Priority 2" since January 10, 2022 and still have not received an email or notification of a possible build date.

I Placed my order on October 25, 2021

1 hour ago, rlp450 said:

Just need to vent for a moment...I am a patient man and completely understand the state of the world right now, however, Ford, IMHO., could do a much better job of being concise and transparent and then I feel people would be a little more understanding to their situation. Let me explain what I mean. On 4/5 I received an email from Ford stating that my truck was built and had an expected arrival date at my dealer of 4/17 through 4/23. Then on 4/16 I get the generic email stating, "To ensure my complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your truck is delivered to my dealer." I have since received this email 4 more time with the last one coming last night pushing the delivery back to 24 to 30 May. My issues are with the "Built" email and the "To ensure your satisfaction..." email. Specifically, Ford tells me my truck is built but then the delay email seems to suggest otherwise. Just be upfront about the actual status of our trucks, is it built or do you need more time to complete the truck, i.e., waiting on chips or a lack of rail cars. If it's waiting on chips then it was never actually "built", just say that. Be upfront and transparent, that shouldn't be a lot to ask. 

Your dealer knows whether it’s still at the plant waiting on microchips or whether it’s delayed in transit.  All they have to do is check the VVR.

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

Your dealer knows whether it’s still at the plant waiting on microchips or whether it’s delayed in transit.  All they have to do is check the VVR.

I spoke with them yesterday, they have been very responsive. They indicated that the VVR is showing in transit delay rail carrier in Shelbyville Kentucky and this is exactly why I wrote my post. What does waiting on a rail carrier have to do with ensuring my complete satisfaction so we will require more time? Just say it's waiting to be loaded on a rail car. 

11 hours ago, DNICE said:

That’s the treatment I’m expecting…if the truck ever comes! ?

Now, if I can just score a PCO!

Haha! that's one of the reasons I patiently waited the 8+ months, hoping for the PCO, which sadly never arrived. Knowing my luck, I'll probably get one next week.

2 hours ago, rlp450 said:

May I suggest contacting your dealer. They have all the information available in the VVR, make them provide you with customer service.

39 minutes ago, rlp450 said:

I spoke with them yesterday, they have been very responsive. They indicated that the VVR is showing in transit delay rail carrier in Shelbyville Kentucky and this is exactly why I wrote my post. What does waiting on a rail carrier have to do with ensuring my complete satisfaction so we will require more time? Just say it's waiting to be loaded on a rail car. 

Ford uses automated and generic emails, whereas you dealer can provide specifics.

Throughout the 8+ months I waited, I never received a single email from Ford, as I purchased from my dealer, not Ford. Since my dealer provided regular updates, I didn't require, or want the generic stuff from Ford.

At least it looks like you are going to get your 450

my f450 platinum order confirmed Aug 27 priority 10

still crickets 

No vin or schedule yet 

dealer does not know much more then I do

It’s a west coast dealer

been reading this forum for last 6 months 

you learn alot

thanks

23 minutes ago, F450 said:

At least it looks like you are going to get your 450

my f450 platinum order confirmed Aug 27 priority 10

still crickets 

No vin or schedule yet 

dealer does not know much more then I do

It’s a west coast dealer

been reading this forum for last 6 months 

you learn alot

thanks

If you ordered 27th Aug 2021, and are still at priority 10, I would be asking your dealer why. I ordered 31st August and my dealer contacted Ford in early December to have me moved to Priority 2. You have tens of thousands of orders, newer than yours, where dealers have already contacted Ford and had the Priority moved to 2. Provided the commodity restraints are equal those newer orders will be built before yours, if you are still at 10.

What information is your dealer getting from their Regional Ford Manager, as again, I was updated when they were contacted and the information they provided turned out to be reasonably accurate.

I agree, the dealer shouldn't know any more than you do, as the dealer should keep you informed of any progress.

1 hour ago, rlp450 said:

Because there are 50 different reasons and it isn’t worth programming and trying to explain all 50 scenarios when the result is the same - your vehicle delivery is delayed.  

• Like 1

Was driving by dealer 

so I stopped and try to get some better answers

Manager to busy to meet me

but sent out a paper that says order status(in order processing)

and (unscheduled clean)

aug 26-2021

then sales man came out 

he could not confirm priority 10

or where in line or what regional manager is saying

He  just says that there lots of cars/vans/trucks still waiting just as long as me 

I told him to find out where in line Iam at and to ask regional manager to lower priority 

will see when he calls me

?

28 minutes ago, F450 said:

Was driving by dealer 

and (unscheduled clean)

aug 26-2021

then sales man came out 

He  just says that there lots of cars/vans/trucks still waiting just as long as me 

I told him to find out where in line Iam at and to ask regional manager to lower priority 

?

I get the same BS from my dealer.  It's like they are like politicians reading from a talking points memo.  BLA BLA BLA

2 hours ago, F450 said:

Was driving by dealer 

and (unscheduled clean)

aug 26-2021

then sales man came out 

?

I'm not super thrilled with my dealer either, but this is complete sh**.  Even my dealer and manager was much more forthcoming with information than this load of crap.  It sucks that we're all stuck between a rock and a hard place now because of the receipt price increases and cutoff of new orders.

Ford is trying to build these trucks as fast as they can. If they don't build, they don't make money. I would suspect they cut off ordering to be able to assess what they have to build and what they can obtain to do it. I am sure hey want to wrap up MY22 as soon as they can so they can start MY23. It is not some sinister plan to make people wait. With the ever changing supply issues, they pick the ones they can build, and then go back and preview more to see what they can do. I am also willing to wager that the larger volume dealers get some advantage. Like in any business, you keep your best customers happy.

• Like 4

This is what my dealer sent me after I dropped by there

Hi David, Its Andrew 

We have your priority level set at a 10, which is the lowest a dealer can set it

Lee our inventory manager has reached out to every Ford contact available to him to check on your order and others, there is nothing else we can do at this time

Our Fleet manager has had orders placed before yours take a year or longer right now due to the parts and inventory shortages.

I will continue to keep you updated, but at this point we still have not received any new information

seems like bs

at least I have this forum to vent some

Edited by F450

IA Diver, you hit the nail on the head! Ford is giving priority to DEALERS and not the CUSTOMER! The first priority should be order date not where the order was placed. It shouldn't matter if a large dealer has 25 orders and a small dealer has 25 orders that are older, the small dealer should get all theirs built before the large dealer, all things being equal.  However its very obvious it doesn't work that way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F450 said:

Was driving by dealer 

and (unscheduled clean)

aug 26-2021

then sales man came out 

?

That's BS. If the Sales Manager refuses to meet with you, go to the GM and then the owner. Make them do their job and provide customer service.

Personally, I wouldn't have left the dealer until my questions were answered.

If they are this bad at present, unless you have a signed contract, they probably won't be any better in the Business Office.

They still did not answer my questions

i have bought over the years at this dealer because great price and service(salesman I used on all retired last year before I ordered f450 )

3- f150

1- f350

1-f450 (holding on till new replacement)

1-ranger

1-saleen (still have since I was 21)

1- svt cobra

1-gt350r ( a keeper also)

1-sho 

I thought they would tell me less bs( I believe management has changed also)

recalling All this makes me fell old

?

1 hour ago, Gem city said:

IA Diver, you hit the nail on the head! Ford is giving priority to DEALERS and not the CUSTOMER! The first priority should be order date not where the order was placed. It shouldn't matter if a large dealer has 25 orders and a small dealer has 25 orders that are older, the small dealer should get all theirs built before the large dealer, all things being equal.  However its very obvious it doesn't work that way. 

Welcome to the forum. May I suggest taking the time to read many of the threads to gain an understanding of the scheduling issues. We purchase from the dealers and they dictate to Ford the order that the trucks should be built, using Priority Codes. Provided your dealer manages their USOB efficiently, discounting commodity restraints, they will be built based on the dealer assigned priority. Yes, the dealer should normally manage it based on order date. Unfortunately, not all dealers manage the USOB effectively, which is a dealer problem, not Ford.

However, retail orders, which get supplemental allocations are impacted by the daily changing commodity restraints. If Ford went by order date alone, the factory would have more down time than production time. Using my truck as an example, many weeks it couldn't get built due to a lack of wheels and dually bed. So, if my truck was next, should they shut the factory until they received a shipment of wheels?

As with every major purchase these days patience is required. In my case, even ordering from a large dealer still required a wait of over 8 months.

4 hours ago, F450 said:

Was driving by dealer 

and (unscheduled clean)

aug 26-2021

then sales man came out 

?

I though I would be proactive with my dealer and try and ask some questions that guys were suggesting here. Lower my priority code, how many trucks are ahead of me with their dealership and how many allocations they get a month. I got told there are too many variables to give an answer for the number of allocations, and a straight up no they can not lower my priority code. I asked if the regional Ford rep could do it and was told all COVP orders are submitted at priority code 10. I guess that’s fair, but anyone with the similar vehicle at another dealership with a lower priority code will get theirs built first I would think. They also could not tell me how many super duties are ahead of me. They said if I wanted to ensure I got it faster that I should delete some of my options that are on the commodity restriction list. Oh and they also would not tell me how much the PCO I received from Ford was worth. They said since it expires July 5, 2022 there would be not any reason to see how much it was worth until my truck actually arrives. If it was after July 5th I would not be able to use it anyway. They also know I can’t submit an order anywhere else for a super duty now so I am stuck with them. 

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Welcome to the forum. May I suggest taking the time to read many of the threads to gain an understanding of the scheduling issues. We purchase from the dealers and they dictate to Ford the order that the trucks should be built, using Priority Codes. Provided your dealer manages their USOB efficiently, discounting commodity restraints, they will be built based on the dealer assigned priority. Yes, the dealer should normally manage it based on order date. Unfortunately, not all dealers manage the USOB effectively, which is a dealer problem, not Ford.

However, retail orders, which get supplemental allocations are impacted by the daily changing commodity restraints. If Ford went by order date alone, the factory would have more down time than production time. Using my truck as an example, many weeks it couldn't get built due to a lack of wheels and dually bed. So, if my truck was next, should they shut the factory until they received a shipment of wheels?

As with every major purchase these days patience is required. In my case, even ordering from a large dealer still required a wait of over 8 months.

The point of his post went totally over your head.

Edited by TheFatInTheHat

1 hour ago, Mike83 said:

I though I would be proactive with my dealer and try and ask some questions that guys were suggesting here. Lower my priority code, how many trucks are ahead of me with their dealership and how many allocations they get a month. I got told there are too many variables to give an answer for the number of allocations, and a straight up no they can not lower my priority code. I asked if the regional Ford rep could do it and was told all COVP orders are submitted at priority code 10. I guess that’s fair, but anyone with the similar vehicle at another dealership with a lower priority code will get theirs built first I would think. They also could not tell me how many super duties are ahead of me. They said if I wanted to ensure I got it faster that I should delete some of my options that are on the commodity restriction list. Oh and they also would not tell me how much the PCO I received from Ford was worth. They said since it expires July 5, 2022 there would be not any reason to see how much it was worth until my truck actually arrives. If it was after July 5th I would not be able to use it anyway. They also know I can’t submit an order anywhere else for a super duty now so I am stuck with them. 

Well, they aren't wrong on them lowering your priority code. The dealer cannot set it any lower than 10. The rest of that is just sad.

My dealer sets all COVP orders at 19.  The range is 10-19 for COVP orders and is the range the dealership has to work with.  Anything lower has to come from a regional Ford rep.  I am coming up on 3 months since order.  A good friend on mine ordered his in August 2021 and took delivery about Christmas time (4 month from order to build).  My truck is almost identical to his and the earliest build date would be 5 months from ordering (not likely).  I asked if wheel liners are on the commodity restraint list and no one has answered that question.  I would delete a piece of plastic quickly if that is what is holding up.  The problem with the scheduling system is that if enough orders ahead of you (based on date or priority) have constraints and the allocation is less than the number of orders plugging up that dealership then nothing in that dealership gets built.  As I understand it, if the dealer gets a monthly allocation of 3 trucks and the top three can't be built then nothing gets built from that dealer.  The system doesn't look at the #4,5,6,7,etc to see if they can be built.

On a similar note:  Try to order a new fridge right now.  The wait list for some models is over a year now.  It isn't just trucks that are backing up.