2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

21 minutes ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

The point of his post went totally over your head.

Ford has to support their dealers - it’s just a fact of business.  They removed the allocation constraint which was traditionally the problem.  Without supply chain issues everyone would get their trucks in 2-3 months regardless of dealer.  They tried the first in first out system with Bronco and it just doesn’t work.

Got a built email on Monday. Unfortunately not for the order I was hoping for. Both orders went into production on 5/2. One was ordered 12/27 and the other on 3/4. Received vins for both on 3/17.  Still holding out hope I'll get the built email for the 12/27 order at some point this week. Hoping to get it before vacation.

18 minutes ago, UT_Grandpa said:

As I understand it, if the dealer gets a monthly allocation of 3 trucks and the top three can't be built then nothing gets built from that dealer.  The system doesn't look at the #4,5,6,7,etc to see if they can be built.

You do not understand it.  That’s not how it works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Gharri30 said:

Got a built email on Monday. Unfortunately not for the order I was hoping for. Both orders went into production on 5/2. One was ordered 12/27 and the other on 3/4. Received vins for both on 3/17.  Still holding out hope I'll get the built email for the 12/27 order at some point this week. Hoping to get it before vacation.

You should be prepared to generate some hate on this post as others of us have been confirmed long before either of your order dates and still not even scheduled. Be happy and take what you get knowing that you have put the rest of us behind while allowing your dealer to take the other and make a huge markup off of it.  

23 minutes ago, rxwoody said:

You should be prepared to generate some hate on this post as others of us have been confirmed long before either of your order dates and still not even scheduled. Be happy and take what you get knowing that you have put the rest of us behind while allowing your dealer to take the other and make a huge markup off of it.  

How do you know he doesn't need both trucks? 

26 minutes ago, rxwoody said:

18 minutes ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

How do you know he doesn't need both trucks? 

I dont need both but my father in law has a need for one. The one I'm hoping for is hopefully close behind. 

Good Point! But either way there there are people looking for that one truck that they ordered long before that they are still waiting for a scheduled date, not unlike myself that are probably at least a little jealous of at least having 2 trucks scheduled. I have been priority 2 for a while now and still nothing, ordered 12/9/21 and I know of people on here waiting far longer than that. Congrats on getting 2 trucks scheduled, I only hope the best for you and myself of course. I will ride out on my f-150 as long as I can but I really was hoping for a super duty for my big 1200 miles trip at the end of august when I ordered in December which is looking increasingly optimistic at this point. I asked my dealer in September if I should order and he said "don't worry about it quite yet", when I asked in December he said "YOU HAVEN'T ORDERED YET?"

On 5/9/2022 at 7:41 AM, crashman-405 said:

Got my shipped email this morning with a delivery date of May 21-27. 

F-450 Platinum Star White

ordered 09/04/2021

Confirmed 09/06/2021

VIN assigned 01/07/2022

eight bumps

In production 05/02/2022

built 05/03/2022

Shipped 05/09/2022

Great news. Looks like your delivery date is a few days ahead of mine. (I’m scheduled for delivery 5/31 to 6/6) I have to be in western Colorado by June 6th to teach a drilling class.    IF it gets here on time, I’m going on an extended break-in road trip! 2,500 miles should do it. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You do not understand it.  That’s not how it works.

I stand corrected.  I printed out a post from August 6, 2017 that explains the whole process.  It starts off by saying "Ford dealers can submit vehicle orders via either the traditional CONCEPTS system or the newer WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system".  I think I got confused by this post.  I am sorry but I don't know which forum it was from.  This post talks about SIMS orders that "can be built if the dealer has no dealer orders in the USOB of orders that don't meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS orders if they meet the commodity restrictions in place."

A couple paragraphs later it mentions that retail orders can be selected from that dealer even if the dealer hasn't allocation that week.  Some of this is based on orders in their zone from, other dealers.

Bottom line:  why are some people waiting over a year from order with no truck and others slide through in 3 months?  Is it the dealership, the sales at that dealership, people jumping up the priorities on their orders, new or not announced restrictions, relationships between the dealership and the Ford regional manager, or ????  I guess I should be grateful that the $2000 deposit I had to put down because my truck would be hard for them to sell if I backed out of the order (Gas engine - give me a break) is earning interest for the dealer rather than being in my stock account that has lost 20% this year.

2 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

so you ordered two trucks only intending to purchase one?  

Ordered SRW f350 platinum on 9/1 after many delays it was built on 4/22.  Supposed to be shipped and delivered by April 24 th-30th. Received another email delivery is now scheduled May 4th -10th.  Still no truck.  I looked up on the  palsapp.com  using the hack to generate a shipping tracker. Still shows at the plant but with a freight bill.  I live 10 mins from the plant and even closer the the rail yard in Shelbyville. To bad I can't just go there to pick it up. 

3 hours ago, rxwoody said:

Good Point! But either way there there are people looking for that one truck that they ordered long before that they are still waiting for a scheduled date, not unlike myself that are probably at least a little jealous of at least having 2 trucks scheduled. I have been priority 2 for a while now and still nothing, ordered 12/9/21 and I know of people on here waiting far longer than that. Congrats on getting 2 trucks scheduled, I only hope the best for you and myself of course. I will ride out on my f-150 as long as I can but I really was hoping for a super duty for my big 1200 miles trip at the end of august when I ordered in December which is looking increasingly optimistic at this point. I asked my dealer in September if I should order and he said "don't worry about it quite yet", when I asked in December he said "YOU HAVEN'T ORDERED YET?"

I had two trucks on order.  The first was from 6/21.  The dealer refused to drop AS and spray liner while keeping hitch prep and it was a 350 SCSB as loaded as I could go.

So, I place another order 11/21 with another dealer, many of the same options and many more considering it is a CCSB.  It was made and now is shipping less AS and spray liner.

Edited by 1972Mach1

37 minutes ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

My truck is officially built. 

ordered: December 8, 2021

received VIN and build week of May 9: April 2, 2022

truck built: May 12, 2022

Congrats, now comes another fiasco which is the wait for it to arrive. 

Edited by 1972Mach1

11 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

Bottom line:  why are some people waiting over a year from order with no truck and others slide through in 3 months? 

The first factor is other orders ahead of yours in the dealer’s order bank.  Some dealers have 60 or 70 right now - maybe more.  Once you make it to the head of the dealer’s queue then it depends on your priority.  If yours is a 10 and the others are 11+ (or a 2 set by the zone rep) then the only reason yours doesn’t get built is a commodity restraint when they do scheduling.  This could be any part as it varies week to week among 37 different suppliers.

If the dealer lumps yours in with all the other orders then scheduling might pick up a different truck that’s easier to build.  That’s why dealers should be actively managing their order bank and changing priority as needed.

The other factor is the sheer number of retail trucks in the order bank - probably close to 100k.  So even if you are a priority 2 there might be 20k other priority 2s and they can only schedule 8k /week.

Bottom line is without supply chain issues your retail order gets built within 8 weeks.  

Just want to thank you guys.  There have been many times that I thought about just cancelling my order, but didn't because many of you were in the same bucket.

Received a build date this morning.

Ordered     9/17/2021

Build Date 6/27/2022

Going to take >9 months but hey, as they say, good things come to those who wait.

Thanks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

I stand corrected.  I printed out a post from August 6, 2017 that explains the whole process.  It starts off by saying "Ford dealers can submit vehicle orders via either the traditional CONCEPTS system or the newer WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system".  I think I got confused by this post.  I am sorry but I don't know which forum it was from.  This post talks about SIMS orders that "can be built if the dealer has no dealer orders in the USOB of orders that don't meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS orders if they meet the commodity restrictions in place."

A couple paragraphs later it mentions that retail orders can be selected from that dealer even if the dealer hasn't allocation that week.  Some of this is based on orders in their zone from, other dealers.

Verified COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) retail orders with incremental/extra allocation can be scheduled at any time. Each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is independent from any other dealership. As such, the status of any other dealership's orders in the zone or region has no bearing on scheduling. 

My friend just got the coveted email this morning!  Ordered January 24th and Scheduled to be built the week of June 6th.  It is an F250 XLT 6.7L Diesel Crew Cab Short Bed.  No major constraints, but does have Twin Panel Moon Roof, Spray-in bed liner, front and rear wheel well liners and splash guards. 

Yay! Got my email this morning.  Scheduled for week of June 20th.  Have BAP, 5th Wheel, Moon Roof.

Unfortunately, won't be in time for our July vacation, but, maybe a nice surprise when we return from vacation!

Ordered: Jan 19th, 2022

Scheduled Email: May 12th, 2022

Tent. Build: June 20th, 2022

• Like 1