2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

You just made about 60-80 thousand customers envious.  I have the same truck on order a month before you and am in permanent nothing.  There are some who have been waiting over a year.  Now they are looking at July build dates to schedule likely next week.  I am sure Ford is doing what they can, but they could be sitting on more than $4 billion dollars of unbuilt trucks.  I have a relative who worked for Ford and has one of his responsibilities was doing scheduling and working through the "Balancing Out" process.  Ending the model year is a very serious decision (especially since there is rumored to be a number of changes over the 2022 MY)

Bottom line:  Great news for you and you are definitely in the minority.  Enjoy that new truck.  It would be more discouraging to see only trucks on order more than 6 months old being built.

I'm hoping mine gets scheduled for the July build dates.  I just got a PCO yesterday which expires July 5th!     Go figure!

Edited by RFT2112

2 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

You just made about 60-80 thousand customers envious.  I have the same truck on order a month before you and am in permanent nothing.  There are some who have been waiting over a year.  Now they are looking at July build dates to schedule likely next week.  I am sure Ford is doing what they can, but they could be sitting on more than $4 billion dollars of unbuilt trucks.  I have a relative who worked for Ford and has one of his responsibilities was doing scheduling and working through the "Balancing Out" process.  Ending the model year is a very serious decision (especially since there is rumored to be a number of changes over the 2022 MY)

Bottom line:  Great news for you and you are definitely in the minority.  Enjoy that new truck.  It would be more discouraging to see only trucks on order more than 6 months old being built.

I’ve taken the “I’ll believe it when I see it” theory after reading all the other forums about timelines. 

3 hours ago, Nolahd27 said:

Is it safe to say that once you get a WS your production date is set and all the bumping ends?

I think that is pretty safe to assume, my sticker was created about a week before my production actually started, but I'm going off my memory, I'd have to dig thru the emails or posts on here to say for certain.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:53 PM, Nolahd27 said:

Once you finally get a vin and production date, how long does it take to get the actual sticker?

fyi - My window sticker was available one day after the status of my truck changed to "in production".

3 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

mom hoping mine gets scheduled for the July build dates.  I just got a PCO yesterday which expires July 5th!     Go figure!

have your dealer lock it in.  its been talked about many times.  if you have ordered a truck the dealer can lock the CPO in. 

• Like 1

BDE43D79-BBDC-4FCA-B31A-8F788EC01E21.thumb.jpeg.a526ca1a98f8a992b618e1a0cbec44d8.jpegWent into production on 5/5, finally got the built email this morning (showing built 5/16). Shipping estimate is showing delivery 7/27-8/2. Not sure why it will take 70ish days to ship 7 1/2 hours away. 

Edited by Malaney
Fix date

40 minutes ago, Malaney said:

BDE43D79-BBDC-4FCA-B31A-8F788EC01E21.thumb.jpeg.a526ca1a98f8a992b618e1a0cbec44d8.jpegWent into production on 5/5, finally got the built email this morning (showing built 5/16). Shipping estimate is showing delivery 7/27-8/2. Not sure why it will take 70ish days to ship 7 1/2 hours away. 

Wouldn't happen to be Town and Country in Charlotte would it?

I was schedule for week of May 16th (not sure of day) and when I checked the Ford website tracker Friday May 13th it already was showing as “in production”. Window sticker was available Sunday. 
I’m so relieved it was not bumped back at all. 

Hoping it doesn’t get too delayed in the production phase and ships quickly. 

Fingers crossed for a truck mid to late June.

Edited by Bluedust11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Malaney said:

Yes 

That's where I went through as well. You're delivery time is a bit strange based off of the one I receieved. I got my built email on 5/14 and shipped one on 5/16 with both stating an estimated delivery of June 7-13. 

2 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

That's where I went through as well. You're delivery time is a bit strange based off of the one I receieved. I got my built email on 5/14 and shipped one on 5/16 with both stating an estimated delivery of June 7-13. 

Yea I’m not sure what the extended delivery is about. Salesman was baffled as well. Hoping I’ll get a shipped email in the next few days and better eta. 

1 hour ago, Malaney said:

Yea I’m not sure what the extended delivery is about. Salesman was baffled as well. Hoping I’ll get a shipped email in the next few days and better eta. 

Hopefully its a glitch of some sort.

Edited by Gharri30

38 minutes ago, Gharri30 said:

Hopefully its a glitch of some sort.

Sales saying chip hold is the cause of the extended eta. Not sure why Ford would say built and send the built email if it’s not built but….

Hopefully the missing chip(s) come in and eta is much improved. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 7:38 AM, ice-capades said:

What makes you think the vehicles are being driven over 150 miles from the rail yards by hot-shot drivers?

@ice-capades - Bringing this back from earlier in the thread...

Well, I went to have a look at my F450 that arrived last week. It has 73mi on the ODO.
My dealer confirmed that the Ford contracted haulage/carrier company drove the truck from the rail yard 66mi to the dealer.

It did not arrive on a truck. The driver also programmed their phone and sirrus favorites for the ride too!

The dealer has apologized profusely for this but what are they (or I) going to do? They've already asked for the vehicles not to be driven but, here we are.

We now have a truck that is worth over $100k on paper, waited 11mos & 17d for (and counting) and before any PDI has taken place, its been taken out of transport mode by the contractor and driven with unknown care and conduct to the dealer and I'm not even the first to take it out on the highway. While it's "only 66mi" and we will have to believe that care was taken in driving the vehicle, its just somewhat disappointing to wait so long for the first custom ordered vehicle we have ever bought to have been delivered in a manner that could have gone far worse.

I know you didn't buy my claim, and this may not be what is supposed to happen, it is happening.

The sad part is, I'm not alone here and in some ways lucky as we have about half the mileage as others who are potentially further away (150mi +) at outlying dealerships.

Anyway, that's my update from way-back in December!

1 hour ago, NoPistons said:

Well, I went to have a look at my F450 that arrived last week. It has 73mi on the ODO.
My dealer confirmed that the Ford contracted haulage/carrier company drove the truck from the rail yard 66mi to the dealer.

It did not arrive on a truck. The driver also programmed their phone and sirrus favorites for the ride too!

The dealer has apologized profusely for this but what are they (or I) going to do? They've already asked for the vehicles not to be driven but, here we are.

We now have a truck that is worth over $100k on paper, waited 11mos & 17d for (and counting) and before any PDI has taken place, its been taken out of transport mode by the contractor and driven with unknown care and conduct to the dealer and I'm not even the first to take it out on the highway. While it's "only 66mi" and we will have to believe that care was taken in driving the vehicle, its just somewhat disappointing to wait so long for the first custom ordered vehicle we have ever bought to have been delivered in a manner that could have gone far worse.

I know you didn't buy my claim, and this may not be what is supposed to happen, it is happening.

The sad part is, I'm not alone here and in some ways lucky as we have about half the mileage as others who are potentially further away (150mi +) at outlying dealerships.

Thanks for the update! This is all somewhat of a surprise, as in 35+ years dealing with vehicle logistics, etc. I've never seen a vehicle driven from the ramp to the dealership. The Dealer apologizing is nice but doesn't excuse or make up for what happened. The Dealer should have documented everything at the time including the Bill of Lading, photos of the odometer, etc. and made a lot of noise, at a minimum, and reported the situation to the Ford regional office for follow-up. 

2 hours ago, NoPistons said:

Id be pissed like you this is first ordered truck and probably last truck ill need to buy.. I know only 6? Miles but you dont know if they drove like they stole it or not. 

4 hours ago, Malaney said:

Sales saying chip hold is the cause of the extended eta. Not sure why Ford would say built and send the built email if it’s not built but….

Hopefully the missing chip(s) come in and eta is much improved. 

Man that sucks.

On 5/8/2022 at 5:48 AM, rxwoody said:

As a current King Ranch F-150 owner I use the active motion everyday on my drive to work. I really wanted to order a fully loaded lariat with the BAP but decided to order a platinum instead because I wanted the active motion seats. It’s defined not a corny vibration style massage, but produces more a slow firm rolling sensation over your back and butt. It alternates sides and location that it “massages.” I think the big advantage is if you are like me and your legs fall asleep on long rides this helps to stimulate blood flow and prevent that pins and needles sensation. It feels sort of similar to how the pneumatic compression stocking in the hospital work I think. 

Thank you, I do have leg pain and tingling when driving. I think I’ll keep the massage seats.

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks for the update! This is all somewhat of a surprise, as in 35+ years dealing with vehicle logistics, etc. I've never seen a vehicle driven from the ramp to the dealership. The Dealer apologizing is nice but doesn't excuse or make up for what happened. The Dealer should have documented everything at the time including the Bill of Lading, photos of the odometer, etc. and made a lot of noise, at a minimum, and reported the situation to the Ford regional office for follow-up. 

Agreed.  If I were a gambling man I would bet that the dealership put the miles on the vehicle which would explain their failure to document the incident.    The customer should push the dealer and Ford to do something to make it better.   A few ideas come to mind:  PCO,  extended warranty, and/or a service plan. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Monoman said:

Agreed.  If I were a gambling man I would bet that the dealership put the miles on the vehicle which would explain their failure to document the incident.    The customer should push the dealer and Ford to do something to make it better.   A few ideas come to mind:  PCO,  extended warranty, and/or a service plan. 

I'd venture to say that Ford would not get involved and treat it as a matter between the dealership and the customer.

59 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I'd venture to say that Ford would not get involved and treat it as a matter between the dealership and the customer.

True but if the evidence shows that the transport company put the miles on the vehicle they may have to.  Correct me if I am wrong but the transport company is contracted by Ford and the vehicle is not owned by the dealership until it is delivered to the dealership. I am sure you are correct that Ford wants the dealership to handle it but if that is not happening then Ford should want to make reasonable efforts to make the customer happy.   Of course this is all the usual speculative forum banter based on the information provided.