2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 hours ago, Monoman said:

I would bet that the dealership put the miles on the vehicle which would explain their failure to document the incident.

I would be skeptical too that it may have been the dealer itself but back in December, I was present for a delivery of trucks by the haulage company.

Hot-Shot drivers delivered Five trucks and proceeded to hop in a rental mini-van and head back to the railyard.

This is also when I learned that the next city near me has taken of delivery of trucks with significantly more highway miles than I had.

The dealers collectively have called Ford and communicated their displeasure with the situation. I am not privy to further details on this, and I will be voicing my concerns to ford once it comes time to take delivery of the truck.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NoPistons said:

@ice-capades - Bringing this back from earlier in the thread...

Well, I went to have a look at my F450 that arrived last week. It has 73mi on the ODO.
My dealer confirmed that the Ford contracted haulage/carrier company drove the truck from the rail yard 66mi to the dealer.

It did not arrive on a truck. The driver also programmed their phone and sirrus favorites for the ride too!

The dealer has apologized profusely for this but what are they (or I) going to do? They've already asked for the vehicles not to be driven but, here we are.

We now have a truck that is worth over $100k on paper, waited 11mos & 17d for (and counting) and before any PDI has taken place, its been taken out of transport mode by the contractor and driven with unknown care and conduct to the dealer and I'm not even the first to take it out on the highway. While it's "only 66mi" and we will have to believe that care was taken in driving the vehicle, its just somewhat disappointing to wait so long for the first custom ordered vehicle we have ever bought to have been delivered in a manner that could have gone far worse.

I know you didn't buy my claim, and this may not be what is supposed to happen, it is happening.

The sad part is, I'm not alone here and in some ways lucky as we have about half the mileage as others who are potentially further away (150mi +) at outlying dealerships.

Anyway, that's my update from way-back in December!

I'd be unhappy too, but with the delays shipping, I think I'd rather have the 75 miles on it, than wait another month.  Also you hear about instances of damage on the transporters, so it might be safer to drive them than load them on the truck.

My last truck had 300 miles on it as it was swapped from another dealer, but not has 263k miles, in the long run it had no effect on it.  

Hopefully Y'all can work something out, and in a week it will just be a distant memory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowens79 said:

I'd be unhappy too, but with the delays shipping, I think I'd rather have the 75 miles on it, than wait another month.  Also you hear about instances of damage on the transporters, so it might be safer to drive them than load them on the truck.

My last truck had 300 miles on it as it was swapped from another dealer, but not has 263k miles, in the long run it had no effect on it.  

Hopefully Y'all can work something out, and in a week it will just be a distant memory.

It would be nice to know up front or to be asked about it ahead of time.  When it happens unexpectedly and you also have "The driver also programmed their phone and sirrus favorites for the ride too!"  then it just looks unprofessional.

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

It would be nice to know up front or to be asked about it ahead of time.  When it happens unexpectedly and you also have "The driver also programmed their phone and sirrus favorites for the ride too!"  then it just looks unprofessional.

Why would they ask? It's not your truck yet. Not until delivery. This would be a pre-delivery decision and you would have no input on the matter. 

No need to get perturbed about the phone and favorites, just delete the connection and move on with life. There is zero harm in that happening. Had the dealership done this you wouldn't know the difference.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

Why would they ask? It's not your truck yet. Not until delivery. This would be a pre-delivery decision and you would have no input on the matter. 

No need to get perturbed about the phone and favorites, just delete the connection and move on with life. There is zero harm in that happening. Had the dealership done this you wouldn't know the difference.

And you’d most likely have 71 miles on it after a few days anyway.

2022 F250 King Ranch Ultimate 6.7L with factory spray in bedliner and the 5th wheel prep package, no AS.

10/19 Ordered

2/1 - scheduled for 3/7

2/4 - rescheduled to 3/14

2/11- rescheduled to 3/21

2/17- rescheduled to 4/4

2/18- rescheduled to 3/21

2/25- rescheduled to 3/28

3/16- rescheduled to 4/4

4/13 - built

4/20 - shipped ETA 5/2 to 5/8

4/20 (12 hours later) ETA bumped to 5/14 to 5/20

5/13 - delivered to dealer

5/17 - took delivery!

IMG_6908.heic

• Like 4

The following notice was just released to Ford Dealers and has been posted to the 2022MY Super Duty Production Information section. 

Product Offering Changes - 2022MY Super Duty Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of amendments to the 2022 Super Duty product offering availability (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®)
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is now required on all orders. Impacted scheduled and unscheduled units will include credits on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY Super Duty Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package including Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature. A copy of the signed Acknowledgement Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • `Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) where applicable on scheduled and unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 25, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 25, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022. Scheduled and unscheduled stock orders will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022.

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Super Duty trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X)

• Vehicle orders with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) (included on Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package) will require Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal 91X through the remainder of the 2022 model year. The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal.
  • Please be advised Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal will be listed on the window label at no charge/no credit on King Ranch models not equipped with the Ultimate Package. There is no credit associated with this configuration as seats without Multi-Contour with Active Motion® functionality are the standard condition on King Ranch.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) to Super Duty retail & fleet scheduled and unscheduled orders by May 25, 2022. Those orders that are not updated by May 26, 2022 will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022.
  • Unscheduled stock orders including the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022. After this date, Option Code 91X will need to be added to all newly entered orders with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing a Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature.

20 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The following notice was just released to Ford Dealers and has been posted to the 2022MY Super Duty Production Information section. 

Product Offering Changes - 2022MY Super Duty Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of amendments to the 2022 Super Duty product offering availability (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®)
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is now required on all orders. Impacted scheduled and unscheduled units will include credits on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY Super Duty Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package including Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature. A copy of the signed Acknowledgement Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • `Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) where applicable on scheduled and unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 25, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 25, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022. Scheduled and unscheduled stock orders will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022.

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Super Duty trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

• Vehicle orders with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) (included on Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package) will require Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal 91X through the remainder of the 2022 model year. The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal.
  • Please be advised Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal will be listed on the window label at no charge/no credit on King Ranch models not equipped with the Ultimate Package. There is no credit associated with this configuration as seats without Multi-Contour with Active Motion® functionality are the standard condition on King Ranch.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) to Super Duty retail & fleet scheduled and unscheduled orders by May 25, 2022. Those orders that are not updated by May 26, 2022 will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022.
  • Unscheduled stock orders including the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022. After this date, Option Code 91X will need to be added to all newly entered orders with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature.

Customers purchasing a Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature.

What does this mean for those of us with trucks currently in production?  The current window sticker doesn’t say anything about the removal. 

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY

Well that sucks big ones. As a person with back and leg issues I really needed the massage part of the seat.?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 9:43 PM, Bluedust11 said:

I was schedule for week of May 16th (not sure of day) and when I checked the Ford website tracker Friday May 13th it already was showing as “in production”. Window sticker was available Sunday. 
I’m so relieved it was not bumped back at all. 

Hoping it doesn’t get too delayed in the production phase and ships quickly. 

Fingers crossed for a truck mid to late June.

Mine was the same. I figured it would've been built by now. I've had my sticker since last Friday as well, but it's been crickets since. 

I've got a CPO expiring 7/5 so I'm anxiously and feverishly checking the tracker and FordPass for updates. 

windowsticker (19).pdf

On 5/18/2022 at 1:41 PM, NoPistons said:

@ice-capades - Bringing this back from earlier in the thread...

Well, I went to have a look at my F450 that arrived last week. It has 73mi on the ODO.

Does the mileage make sense?  Is the dealer 73 miles from the depot?

While I would be pissed too, in the grand scheme of things, it won't make a difference two months from now.

Great 

after waiting 9monrhs +
still not scheduled

i won’t get the truck I ordered

Over 100000$ and they take out motions seats

ford should make it right some how 

300$ credit really 

boy they don’t want return customers ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, F450 said:

Great 

after waiting 9monrhs +
still not scheduled

i won’t get the truck I ordered

Over 100000$ and they take out motions seats

ford should make it right some how 

300$ credit really 

boy they don’t want return customers ?

Definitely sucks a fat one.  That is one of the big reasons why people spend thousands to upgrade to a Platinum.  After waiting this long you are basically told “sorry - here’s $300 - now go pound sand!”   

Also pissed about the likelihood that I will not get my motion seats (the reason why I ordered a platinum vs lariat) and no the $300 credit doesn’t make up for it. Even worse I went to go price out the difference between the lariat and the platinum and it looks like a lariat can no longer be built with the tremor package so I can’t compare it anymore. But if it’s anything like the multi contour seats I am sure that will be the next thing ford hands down to customers the lariat tremor delete option!  (Pure speculation only). 

Ford is screwing everyone that went to the trouble of ordering the truck they wanted if you ordered a king Ranch ultimate, platinum or limited. We paid a premium for a package that included the active motion seats and Ford has decided NOPE not gonna build them with it and we(Ford) will give you $300 credit. Hell I would have saved money and ordered differently or not even traded my ‘19 KRU if I knew I couldn’t get the truck I wanted and would have to settle for whatever Ford feels like providing. I am really going to be pissed and Ford will lose a 38 year committed customer if the ‘23 super duty has active motion seats!!!!

so what’s next Ford ? I sorry but we are gonna give you non-platinum seat leather and a $30 credit or maybe just give you an XL instead ?

Edited by Cglenn

6 hours ago, tjm73 said:

Ok maybe not ask but it would be nice to know since it is an unusual amount of miles. it's called good customer service. 

Edited by Monoman

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY

Does this include the three-way lumbar support too? I just received my in production email last Thursday (scheduled for the week of June 13th). Other than the fact that I need the seats as ordered, this will reduce resale value of my Platinum package for the future.

If this idiocy holds true, I may let them mark my retail order up and sell it to someone else. This is BS and a horrible move by FOMOCO. I can keep my 2018 F350 Platty that has all of the MY22 constraints and be just fine..

Edited by JeffSpencer

On 5/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, EJS1463 said:

Nothing yet..........I guess it will be another few weeks.  Order 12/31/21 KRU 6.7 with the Tremor package, dealer says I have been bumped to priority 2 since the first of March. 

Right there with you. Ordered 12/24/22 and was confirmed 12/31/22. Have not heard a thing. I’ve called the dealer a couple of times to ask how it’s coming along. Unscheduled clean is what he always tells me.  Now I here that multicontour seats with active motion are not going to be available on any of the remaining 22MY orders. So no massaging seats and Ford gives me a $300 credit!  Glad I didn’t already trade in my 2020 DRW king ranch. It has everything I can’t seem to special order on a 22MY DRW king ranch to include GPS navigation that doesn’t cost me $80 a year. Piss poor Ford!!  I’ll be standing by to see if and when the dealer contacts me to have me sign the form acknowledging this BS.  I was prepared to wait to get the truck I wanted and didn’t give in to dropping the commodity restraints I needed. Now it looks like Ford is just going to build them with what they want to clear the books and offer up low ball credits. Probably tell them they can sell it someone else instead and I want my deposit back. 

Edited by Mike83

Not happy to hear we will not be getting the multi-contour seats.  Ordered August 23 - King Ranch with Ultimate, chrome package, upfitter switches, adaptive steering and cruise, 5th wheel prep and spray in bed liner.  Wasn't willing to delete anything to get the truck sooner because I have a 19 KR equipped the same way. Still not scheduled.  I am considering taking the truck and keeping the 19 which has been flawless for 80,000 miles. The 22's are going for $10-15k over sticker on Auto Trader.  Why let the dealer keep the truck and make a huge profit on it.  I may sell it myself.