2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

15 hours ago, manko said:

What does this mean for those of us with trucks currently in production?  The current window sticker doesn’t say anything about the removal. 

The fact that I learn about this on this forum and NOT my dealer is BS and is indicative of my dealership experience since November of last year.   I will reach out to them today for clarification.

If I am affected, I may still take delivery and put it up for sale.  Let me know if anyone would be interested as I am scheduled for production on June 13th.

F250 King Ranch, power stroke, KR unlimited package, chrome package, Tremor package.  Color is stone gray.  

36 minutes ago, Harrisden54 said:

Not happy to hear we will not be getting the multi-contour seats.  Ordered August 23 - King Ranch with Ultimate, chrome package, upfitter switches, adaptive steering and cruise, 5th wheel prep and spray in bed liner.  Wasn't willing to delete anything to get the truck sooner because I have a 19 KR equipped the same way. Still not scheduled.  I am considering taking the truck and keeping the 19 which has been flawless for 80,000 miles. The 22's are going for $10-15k over sticker on Auto Trader.  Why let the dealer keep the truck and make a huge profit on it.  I may sell it myself.

You make an excellent point sir!

All you guys pi$$ed at Ford, what are they supposed to do?  They can't get the parts.  It's not their fault, and there really isn't much they can do about it.  It sucks, yes, but they are trying to make a compromise to get you the truck.

I've had my Platinum on order for nearly 9 months (9/3/21), and it looks like I'm going to lose my multi-contour seats as well.  That's a big reason I moved to the Platinum as I get sciatic and lower back pain after hours in the truck, so I was hoping this would help.  Am I upset?  Yeah, sure, but in the grand scheme of things, whadaya gonna do?  It's not like you can go buy one from another manufacturer with the same goodies.  They're all in the same boat.  Personally, I'll probably let my truck get built, and when it shows up at the dealer, see if they'll buy it from me and I'll just keep my '17 and order a '23 and hope it gets built.  Thankfully, I don't "need" a new truck.

In the end, it's just first world problems and we're all just spoiled brats.  :)

• Like 9

Worse ordering experience 

ever

not to exited to get truck now

(300$) credit for seats now WOW

ordered other cars and trucks and they kept you better involved

it seems like ford really has to many customers and don’t care if they don’t keep them happy or lose them

they blame it on dealers

never there fault

Just a rant

?

I bet Ford didn’t send out something telling all the lightning order holders that no multi-contour/active motion seats. Bet that’s where the modules and parts jare going. Still beyond pissed. I will take the truck just to keep the dealer from profiting an insane markup and then I will sell it and buy another brand. Done with Ford after 38 years of loyalty.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

All you guys pi$$ed at Ford, what are they supposed to do?  They can't get the parts.  It's not their fault, and there really isn't much they can do about it.  It sucks, yes, but they are trying to make a compromise to get you the truck.

I've had my Platinum on order for nearly 9 months (9/3/21), and it looks like I'm going to lose my multi-contour seats as well.  That's a big reason I moved to the Platinum as I get sciatic and lower back pain after hours in the truck, so I was hoping this would help.  Am I upset?  Yeah, sure, but in the grand scheme of things, whadaya gonna do?  It's not like you can go buy one from another manufacturer with the same goodies.  They're all in the same boat.  Personally, I'll probably let my truck get built, and when it shows up at the dealer, see if they'll buy it from me and I'll just keep my '17 and order a '23 and hope it gets built.  Thankfully, I don't "need" a new truck.

In the end, it's just first world problems and we're all just spoiled brats.  :)

I finally cancelled my F-350 order as I found a F-250 with 95% of what I wanted at another local dealer. Since life has no guarantees, I figured that having what I need is more important than having everything that I want.

On the bright side, that is one less that they need to build and hopefully everybody waiting gets theirs ever so slightly quicker. 

21 minutes ago, traynoral said:

I have heard from several sources now that Ford is completely out of the fifth wheel prep package. Is this true? If so, is Ford going to offer a delete option for those of us that have unscheduled F450s on order?

Of course? We just saw the platinum bulletin about the massaging seats having to be dropped. Why would they cancel orders due to 5WP not being available if they didn’t for massaging seats. I’m not buying they are “out of them” though. I haven’t seen the prep package as being constrained in a while and many people have been scheduled recently with it on their build sheet. The actual fifth wheel hitch though, yes I’ve heard that is constrained. 

21 minutes ago, Blackhawk23 said:

Of course? We just saw the platinum bulletin about the massaging seats having to be dropped. Why would they cancel orders due to 5WP not being available if they didn’t for massaging seats. I’m not buying they are “out of them” though. I haven’t seen the prep package as being constrained in a while and many people have been scheduled recently with it on their build sheet. The actual fifth wheel hitch though, yes I’ve heard that is constrained. 

Yeah, I am not sure I buy it either, but I can go find some aftermarket option if that is what is holding up my build.

I was just scheduled two week ago for a production week 6/27 - guess we know why now.  To be clear this is effecting everyone that is in production or scheduled for production now as well or just the trucks that aren't scheduled yet?  Guess the only way to know for sure is wait for the window sticker.

52 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

I bet Ford didn’t send out something telling all the lightning order holders that no multi-contour/active motion seats. Bet that’s where the modules and parts jare going. Still beyond pissed. I will take the truck just to keep the dealer from profiting an insane markup and then I will sell it and buy another brand. Done with Ford after 38 years of loyalty.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Makes perfect scents!

• Haha 1

I haven't seen anyone post about receiving a scheduled email yesterday. If I don't receive one I always like seeing others get scheduled that way I am a little closer.  Haven't seen the post about if they a scheduling next week either.  It has gone a little quiet other than the people who are finding out about the seat delete. Hoping for posts with positive news today. It is hard to read all these negative posts, but completely understand their frustration. As a late in the game order, 3/30, I realize there is a chance I may never see my 22MY truck.  If that is the case I hope I have enough lead to get in the 23MY line early.  I was hoping to have my truck for cross country season, but that is looking less and less likely.  Now I am hoping to have it for an October camping trip we have scheduled.

28 minutes ago, MSetters said:

I haven't seen anyone post about receiving a scheduled email yesterday. If I don't receive one I always like seeing others get scheduled that way I am a little closer.  Haven't seen the post about if they a scheduling next week either.  It has gone a little quiet other than the people who are finding out about the seat delete. Hoping for posts with positive news today. It is hard to read all these negative posts, but completely understand their frustration. As a late in the game order, 3/30, I realize there is a chance I may never see my 22MY truck.  If that is the case I hope I have enough lead to get in the 23MY line early.  I was hoping to have my truck for cross country season, but that is looking less and less likely.  Now I am hoping to have it for an October camping trip we have scheduled.

@ice-capades Do you happen to know anything about the scheduling situation yesterday? It seems as if no scheduling took place. Multiple forums and no one seems to have gotten the email, yet scheduling was slated for yesterday. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Cglenn said:

Do Lightning's even have those seats? You sound like an angry child that's going to take his ball and go home. 

You'll show Ford alright!

If you really are that mad, just walk away. Why be spiteful? It's just a truck. The entire supply chain is messed up in EVERY industry. Don't take it so personally.

Edited by tjm73
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, koolman68 said:

I finally cancelled my F-350 order as I found a F-250 with 95% of what I wanted at another local dealer. Since life has no guarantees, I figured that having what I need is more important than having everything that I want.

On the bright side, that is one less that they need to build and hopefully everybody waiting gets theirs ever so slightly quicker. 

They won't cancel it, it will just go to dealer stock. They will still build it.

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I'm seeing so many people make posts like this sympathizing with Ford.  To be clear, I'm not blaming Ford for not being able to get the modules.  I'm also not blaming them for wanting to get customers their trucks.  What I am blaming them for is how they chose to handle it.  Many people step up to Platinums over a Lariat Ultimate specifically for the active motion seats.  Best I can tell, these two modules (one for each seat) are around $550 each when you buy them from a discount online ford parts dealer.  The local dealer would be even more.  The seats have to be removed in order to access the part of the seat where these are installed.  So $1100 in parts plus 1 - 2 hours of labor is what it would cost to have these two missing parts installed.  But instead we get a measly $300 discount on our order.  This will hurt the resale value of the truck a lot more than $300.  If I had known this would be missing from my build I would have saved several thousand dollars and ordered a Lariat Ultimate (and gotten the truck a lot quicker too).  

Ford could have given people any two of the following three options:

1. you can have a $XXX discount

2. when parts are available we will notify you so you can take your truck to your local dealer and have them installed

3. your truck ill stay on a microchip hold until the modules are available

I don't think anyone could have faulted them if we had the option to get the part installed later (or wait).  But instead they forced option 1 down everyones throat. 

Edited by manko
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, manko said:

I'm seeing so many people make posts like this sympathizing with Ford.  To be clear, I'm not blaming Ford for not being able to get the modules.  I'm also not blaming them for wanting to get customers their trucks.  What I am blaming them for is how they chose to handle it.  Many people step up to Platinums over a Lariat Ultimate specifically for the active motion seats.  Best I can tell, these two modules (one for each seat) are around $550 each when you buy them from a discount online ford parts dealer.  The local dealer would be even more.  The seats have to be removed in order to access the part of the seat where these are installed.  So $1100 in parts plus 1 - 2 hours of labor is what it would cost to have these two missing parts.  But instead we get a measly $300 discount on our order.  This will hurt the resale value of the truck a lot more than $300.  If I had known this would be missing from my build I would have saved several thousand dollars and ordered a Lariat Ultimate.

If we had some options like:

2. when parts are available we will notify you so you can take your truck to your local dealer and have them installed

I don't think anyone could have faulted them if we had the option to get the part installed later.  But instead they forced option 1 down everyones throat. 

Its just not as simple as “have the dealer install it later” although they are looking at that.  The modules likely come preinstalled with the seat from the supplier.  As to the $300 discount it does sound low but we don’t know their wholesale cost and they’re probably counting on folks who really didn’t care about the seats being happy to drop them and the ones who really care will just wait and order a 2023 or whenever supplies are available.  Which is really your option 3.  It makes no sense to keep a vehicle on microchip hold that long given a choice especially since they may not have any seats at all.

What I would like to see is Ford step up for anyone who has had a 2022 on order for more than 6 months and give them a $3k PCO and preferred scheduling on a 2023.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, manko said:

I'm seeing so many people make posts like this sympathizing with Ford.  To be clear, I'm not blaming Ford for not being able to get the modules.  I'm also not blaming them for wanting to get customers their trucks.  What I am blaming them for is how they chose to handle it.  Many people step up to Platinums over a Lariat Ultimate specifically for the active motion seats.  Best I can tell, these two modules (one for each seat) are around $550 each when you buy them from a discount online ford parts dealer.  The local dealer would be even more.  The seats have to be removed in order to access the part of the seat where these are installed.  So $1100 in parts plus 1 - 2 hours of labor is what it would cost to have these two missing parts installed.  But instead we get a measly $300 discount on our order.  This will hurt the resale value of the truck a lot more than $300.  If I had known this would be missing from my build I would have saved several thousand dollars and ordered a Lariat Ultimate (and gotten the truck a lot quicker too).  

I don't think anyone could have faulted them if we had the option to get the part installed later (or wait).  But instead they forced option 1 down everyones throat. 

Well, you could amend your order to a Lariat.

40 minutes ago, manko said:

I agree but NO you get to have your gag reflex or sphincter checked by Ford with no say so either way. This just allows them, Ford, to say well we don’t have any more XYZ widgets so we are going to substitute whatever we want and give it to you. Take it or leave it as the truck will still sell either way and we get our money so the only loser in this scenario is us the consumer who put our faith in Ford to build what we ordered and many of us paid a deposit on. 

sorry you wanted a hamburger with cheddar cheese we decided you will love our tofu burger with a smattering of ? 

Edited by Cglenn
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

What I would like to see is Ford step up for anyone who has had a 2022 on order for more than 6 months and give them a $3k PCO and preferred scheduling on a 2023.

I can agree with this statement.  But we know it will never happen.

18 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Well, you could amend your order to a Lariat.

My truck is already in production with a scheduled to day of May 26th, so no I can't.  I will wait it out like everyone else and see what happens.