2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

53 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Well, you could amend your order to a Lariat.

Then that changes the model and adds all the price increases back in. $300 credit turned into about $2500 increased outlay. It would be nice of Ford to allow a trim change based on this issue while maintaining price protection. But I guess that's complicated to try and figure out the invoice pricing with such a change.

Yeah. I would wait for MY23. For anyone in the know, these trucks will be marked for life as "almost" a Platinum, KR, or Limited, so resale may be more difficult.

Edited by lcseds

45 minutes ago, lcseds said:

Then that changes the model and adds all the price increases back in. $300 credit turned into about $2500 increased outlay. It would be nice of Ford to allow a trim change based on this issue while maintaining price protection. But I guess that's complicated to try and figure out the invoice pricing with such a change.

Yeah. I would wait for MY23. For anyone in the know, these trucks will be marked for life as "almost" a Platinum, KR, or Limited, so resale may be more difficult.

Agree!  the LEAST Ford could do is what GM is doing and retrofitting trucks later when the parts are available at no cost to the purchaser. But definitely doesn’t sound as if this is the case since we are required to execute a document that specifically states we are not getting massage functionality NOR ARE WE GETTING LUMBAR SUPPORT. Just another little surprise in the acknowledgment form from Ford

3 hours ago, traynoral said:

I have heard from several sources now that Ford is completely out of the fifth wheel prep package. Is this true? If so, is Ford going to offer a delete option for those of us that have unscheduled F450s on order?

My F450 was built a few days ago with 5WP, just for reference.

55 minutes ago, sjmcken81 said:

Also, my understanding is if you change trim level, you may lose price protection…yes or no?

Changing the Trim Level (Platinum, Lariat, XLT, etc.) requires changing the Order Code (#618A, 603A, etc.) and changes the original order date to the date the Trim Level was changed. As such, the changes create a new order and the price protection only applies from the "new" order date with new Trim Level. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Changing the Trim Level (Platinum, Lariat, XLT, etc.) requires changing the Order Code (#618A, 603A, etc.) and changes the original order date to the date the Trim Level was changed. As such, the changes create a new order and the price protection only applies from the "new" order date with new Trim Level. 

Interesting, that's not what my dealer told me.  Thank you for that info!

3 hours ago, Blackhawk23 said:

@ice-capades Do you happen to know anything about the scheduling situation yesterday? It seems as if no scheduling took place. Multiple forums and no one seems to have gotten the email, yet scheduling was slated for yesterday. Thanks in advance. 

As far as I know Super Duty orders were scheduled yesterday, as planned. Ford's Central Field Office always sends out an e-mail in advance, if scheduling is cancelled for the week, and there was no cancellation notice.  

• Like 1

So no lumber adjustment?

if I change my order  from Aug 2021 to a 23 model

price has gone up more then a 3000$ credit(if not more) from my price protection date

only winner  FORD?

almost 9month since order

Edited by F450

24 minutes ago, F450 said:

So no lumber adjustment?

if I change my order  from Aug 2021 to a 23 model

price has gone up more then a 3000$ credit(if not more) from my price protection date

only winner  FORD?

almost 9month since order

Here is the Ford acknowledgment 

2022 Ford Super DutySubject: Ford Super DutyLimited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate PackageMulti-Contour Seatswith Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger)

Dear Valued Super Duty Customer: So that we can produce your vehicle more quickly, Ford will be making the following changes to the 2022 Ford Super Duty. Due to the global semiconductor shortage, yourFord Super DutyLimited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Packageis not equipped with the Multi-Contour Seatswith Active Motion®as they are not currently available. We know this is not ideal and not the experience we aim for as a brand. But we also know that getting a new vehicle is an important and exciting time so we are doing everything we can to help deliver on that, despite these global challenges.Thank you for your understanding & continued support.What does this mean for you? This feature delivers lumbar support and a seat bottom massage.Due to the inconvenience,the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of your Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package has been reduced by $300. This reduction is clearly depicted on your window label as “MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETE.”Please know that we value you as a customer and appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these constantly changingtimes together.AcknowledgementBy accepting this $300 MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETECredit,I understand and agree as follows:•This vehicle is not equipped with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®,and this will not constitute a defect with respect to my vehicle._________________________Customer SignatureDate

Does anyone know exactly what the "Constraints" are currently?

Any concrete info when the MY2023 Order Bank Opens?

I may need to cancel my MY 2022 Platinum to get the Truck I originally ordered back in October 2021

Totally unacceptable to now accept only a pintance of $300 price reduction on the Multi-Contour Action Motion Seats along with other constraints

20 hours ago, F450 said:

Yep

i am really thinking of canceling my 100000$+ order 

and not buy any new f450

ill keep the 2016 with 42000mile then

ford what’s your thinking

Well, for the money you’re planning on spending I don’t blame you for not wanting the truck if it doesn’t have everything you ordered. That being said, the dealer will probably still get possession of the truck and it will be sold within days. I don’t see the supply chain issues being solved in the near future as far a commodity restraints go. As far as the scheduling procedure, on the surface I don’t understand it outside of the fast that they will schedule in a manner that keeps their costs the lowest. I really feel for the folks that are at or near a year since ordering. I just ordered in March, so I’m not far enough along in the process to get upset. It’s all out of my control barring declining delivery when it does arrive. It doesn’t appear I can get some options I like on a GMC, so it’s a wash. And I doubt the day will come when I buy a Ram.

30 minutes ago, Havasu Guy said:

Does anyone know exactly what the "Constraints" are currently?

Any concrete info when the MY2023 Order Bank Opens?

I may need to cancel my MY 2022 Platinum to get the Truck I originally ordered back in October 2021

Totally unacceptable to now accept only a pintance of $300 price reduction on the Multi-Contour Action Motion Seats along with other constraints

Well I am definitely not getting in line for another F’ing from Ford after this round. I will take my chances with another manufacturer. At least GM has said that for the options they are deleting they will retrofit at their expense when the parts become available in lieu of we are sorry but not my fault. 

So “Thank You Ford May I Please have Another ? ”  no is the answer as a life long loyal customer I am gonna memorialize my sub-par half a$$ Platinum, if I ever get it, as my LAST Ford product if Ford doesn’t step up and make this right to give us the trucks we ordered and have been waiting months for. 

Don’t tell me GM can do it but Ford can’t. It is a matter of want to and $$$

Edited by Cglenn

31 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

So “Thank You Ford May I Please have Another ? ”  no is the answer as a life long loyal customer I am gonna memorialize my sub-par half a$$ Platinum, if I ever get it, as my LAST Ford product if Ford doesn’t step up and make this right to give us the trucks we ordered and have been waiting months for. 

We get it you’re frustrated.  No need to repeat this over and over and over.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hammerdog said:

My truck is scheduled for next week… what’s that mean? 

You’re already scheduled so it doesn’t affect you.  It means nobody that is unscheduled will be getting a scheduled build week & VIN next Thursday. 

Edited by manko

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

LOL .. i just emailed Granger asking if I can drop my Platinum to Lariat Ultimate w/o losing price protection.  I expect their answer to match your post.   It's not a big deal but now that I'm 6 months in and Ford is having having more supplier issues I'm starting to consider my options .. whatever they may be. 

4 hours ago, Cglenn said:

Seriously, throwing a fit because you can’t get a butt massager?  Sounds like a first-world problem to me.  The only items GM is retrofitting are heated rear seats, heated steering wheels, and parking assist features (all of which are available on a Ford).  They don’t even offer massaging seats in the HD trucks at GM.  What about all the features that GM eliminated and won’t be retrofitting?  Cylinder cutoff, auto start/stop (good riddance), HD radio, wireless charging pads, and more.  My brother has had his 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab on order since November and hasn’t received a build date yet.  It isn’t a Ford issue, it is an all manufacturer issue.  Maybe you could try Toyota and see if they have butt massagers?

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1