2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

26 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Seriously, throwing a fit because you can’t get a butt massager?  Sounds like a first-world problem to me.  The only items GM is retrofitting are heated rear seats, heated steering wheels, and parking assist features (all of which are available on a Ford).  They don’t even offer massaging seats in the HD trucks at GM.  What about all the features that GM eliminated and won’t be retrofitting?  Cylinder cutoff, auto start/stop (good riddance), HD radio, wireless charging pads, and more.  My brother has had his 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab on order since November and hasn’t received a build date yet.  It isn’t a Ford issue, it is an all manufacturer issue.  Maybe you could try Toyota and see if they have butt massagers?

Not gonna reduce myself to the level of referencing butt massagers butt maybe you might be able to understand about principal. Order something get a confirmed order then arbitrarily be told you have to settle for something else is not throwing a fit about a butt massager or lumbar support or active steering or the list goes on. When does it stop only when Ford says it does

31 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

Not gonna reduce myself to the level of referencing butt massagers butt maybe you might be able to understand about principal. Order something get a confirmed order then arbitrarily be told you have to settle for something else is not throwing a fit about a butt massager or lumbar support or active steering or the list goes on. When does it stop only when Ford says it does

So you are the guy that goes to a fine restaurant, orders filet mignon and the waiter comes back out 5 minutes later and says “sorry, we have run out of filet mignon, may I offer you a Porterhouse instead?”.  You indignantly stand up, throw down your napkin, and walk out the door vowing to never dine there again because they “arbitrarily” decided they had run out of filet mignon and were not able to serve you something they don’t have.  You go to the next best place, but it is just the next best place, and dang it, they don’t even have filet mignon on the menu so you order the Porterhouse.  All the while trying to convince yourself that it is just a matter of principal.  

If the lack of a massaging seat bothers you that much, cancel your order and take your $500 deposit and go buy a Chevy 1500?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

So you are the guy that goes to a fine restaurant, orders filet mignon and the waiter comes back out 5 minutes later and says “sorry, we have run out of filet mignon, may I offer you a Porterhouse instead?”.  You indignantly stand up, throw down your napkin, and walk out the door vowing to never dine there again because they “arbitrarily” decided they had run out of filet mignon and were not able to serve you something they don’t have.  You go to the next best place, but it is just the next best place, and dang it, they don’t even have filet mignon on the menu so you order the Porterhouse.  All the while trying to convince yourself that it is just a matter of principal.  

If the lack of a massaging seat bothers you that much, cancel your order and take your $500 deposit and go buy a Chevy 1500?

Bad analogy, it’s more like ordering an $80,000 porterhouse and only getting served a strip steak. 

1 hour ago, Cglenn said:

You have already reduced yourself far below the level of saying the words butt massager. 

On 5/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, Cglenn said:

Here is the Ford acknowledgment 

2022 Ford Super DutySubject: Ford Super DutyLimited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate PackageMulti-Contour Seatswith Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger)

Dear Valued Super Duty Customer: So that we can produce your vehicle more quickly, Ford will be making the following changes to the 2022 Ford Super Duty. Due to the global semiconductor shortage, yourFord Super DutyLimited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Packageis not equipped with the Multi-Contour Seatswith Active Motion®as they are not currently available. We know this is not ideal and not the experience we aim for as a brand. But we also know that getting a new vehicle is an important and exciting time so we are doing everything we can to help deliver on that, despite these global challenges.Thank you for your understanding & continued support.What does this mean for you? This feature delivers lumbar support and a seat bottom massage.Due to the inconvenience,the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of your Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package has been reduced by $300. This reduction is clearly depicted on your window label as “MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETE.”Please know that we value you as a customer and appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these constantly changingtimes together.AcknowledgementBy accepting this $300 MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETECredit,I understand and agree as follows:•This vehicle is not equipped with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®,and this will not constitute a defect with respect to my vehicle._________________________Customer SignatureDate

So if it is a semi conductor issue why not build the with the bladders in them for the massage aspect of the seat and just have the dealer install the chip/semi conductor/module   later?

Edited by King ranch 62
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

Anybody have an idea of what they are deleting in the Multi-Contour seats ??

Will Ford substitute a different seat entirely?

(ie) put in a Lariat seat instead?

From what I understand, the seats are the same, they just don’t have the message bladders.

4 hours ago, KonevTremor said:

Well that didn't last long, my scheduled June 27 has now been pushed back to July 18

That sucks! I was hoping to get scheduled soon, and I  have a vacation starting the first of August. If you’re pushed back to July 18, my vacation’s screwed.

5 hours ago, KonevTremor said:

Well that didn't last long, my scheduled June 27 has now been pushed back to July 18

I ordered a 350 on 6/24/21. It was scheduled for 6/27 and also flipped to 7/18.  Glad I ordered another that is on the way for delivery. 

15 hours ago, Cglenn said:

Well I am definitely not getting in line for another F’ing from Ford after this round. I will take my chances with another manufacturer. At least GM has said that for the options they are deleting they will retrofit at their expense when the parts become available in lieu of we are sorry but not my fault. 

I have a friend that was going to order a new Denali, they told him year and a half......

39 minutes ago, crashman-405 said:

My truck reached its rail destination yesterday and the car is showing empty. Is there anyway to find out when it will be picked up by a hauler? Would the sales manager have this information or is it just a hurry up and wait kind of thing? 

I believe it’s a hurry up and wait thing.  I haven’t talked to my sales manager, so I don’t even know if I’m off the ramp in Kentucky. Is the VVR the only source to get rail car information (car # for tracking)?

11 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

Anybody have an idea of what they are deleting in the Multi-Contour seats ??

Will Ford substitute a different seat entirely?

(ie) put in a Lariat seat instead?

The same seat, they just don’t include the bladders.  The credit for $300 is the same amount that the parts cost.  

1 hour ago, crashman-405 said:

My truck reached its rail destination yesterday and the car is showing empty. Is there anyway to find out when it will be picked up by a hauler? Would the sales manager have this information or is it just a hurry up and wait kind of thing? 

After the vehicle is unloaded from the rail car, it's transferred to the transport company which has the vehicle status information in advance. It's then up to the transport company's dispatch department to determine when the vehicle is assigned to a car carrier load for delivery to the dealership depending on equipment and staff availability, load configuration and destination. The transport companies have software programs that assist them in configuring the car carrier load. Certain vehicles can only be loaded in specific locations on a carrier and loads often include vehicles from more than one manufacturer. There are a lot of transportation delays nationwide for both rail operations and vehicle delivery from the final rail ramp to the dealerships.

Your sales manager can contact the transport company's dispatch department at the ramp for vehicle delivery status. 

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

12 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

So if it is a semi conductor issue why not build the with the bladders in them for the massage aspect of the seat and just have the dealer install the chip/semi conductor  later?

Not all supply chain issues are semi-conductor related.  The three main items causing SD delays are Fifth wheel prep, Spray in bed-liner, and Adaptive Steering.  The first two definitely do not have semi-conductor chips and for the last one we assume it is caused by chips but we don't really know.   I think many (maybe most) of the supply chain issues are labor related.  Look at the delays we are seeing with just getting the built trucks to the dealerships because the trucks sit waiting to be picked up by transporters.  The same thing is happening with the parts and materials going from point A to point B which is often from overseas to the US.

56 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

The same seat, they just don’t include the bladders.  The credit for $300 is the same amount that the parts cost.  

The credit should be for the amount charged to the customer, not the manufacturer's cost.   Because the massage/lumbar feature is not really itemized we will never know if the $300 is really a full refund. 

1 hour ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I thought the multi-contour seats had a longer seat bottom profile than the non-MC seats?  I know there are more bladders, but I thought the shape was different too since I've heard folks say something about the seat bottom being too long for them in some cases.