2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

32 minutes ago, traveldawg said:

I thought the multi-contour seats had a longer seat bottom profile than the non-MC seats?  I know there are more bladders, but I thought the shape was different too since I've heard folks say something about the seat bottom being too long for them in some cases.

Yeah, My new 2022 F350 King Ranch massaging seat bottom cushions hit the back of my legs and I hate it, oddly enough my 2017 Platinum F350 with massaging seats didn't hit the backs of my legs right behind my knee,  I went back to dealer a few days after taking delivery to double check, sure enough my Platinum seat bottoms cleared the back of my left knee by a few inches.  When driving, my most comfortable position for my left leg is knee bent and lower leg almost vertical, seat all the way back on track.  My legs are long for my height, I'm only 5'-7".  Either Ford changed the design of all massaging seat bottoms or the King Ranch bottoms are longer, I have not sat in a 2022 Platinum so I don't have a reference measurement. I don't even like massaging seats.  T be honest, my 2017 was more pleasurable to drive, but most of the improvements, especially to the engine I like.  I'm still getting used to 10 speed over six speed, I'm in 3rd gear at 15mph, takeoff performance is crappy compared to my 2017.  I want my adaptive steering back, they can have the massaging seats and the new seat bottoms but the 12" screen, Sync 4, headlight designs and a few other improvements I'm happy with.  I didn't like them dropping Ruby Red, hood liner and hood light.  Charge more and get less, frigging penny pinching bean counters making stupid deletes.  Labor and pensions from unions is where a lot of their rising expenses are from.  MSRP went up $1295 twice while my truck was being built, my effective salary went down due to inflation, double whammy.  Sorry for the rant...

8 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

That sucks! I was hoping to get scheduled soon, and I  have a vacation starting the first of August. If you’re pushed back to July 18, my vacation’s screwed.

I have some summer camping trips planned too that I felt like were going to be ruined by not getting my truck.  In the end I decided I wasn’t going to let Ford ruin it for me.  I was able to rent a 3/4 ton pickup from Enterprise for $450/week (plus taxes).  Yeah it sucks, but renting it for 2-weeks a month in June and July to get me through the summer is still less than the truck payments will be haha. I’m hoping to have my truck by the July vacations since I’m finally in production but who knows.  

Edited by manko
  • Like 1

Well, it was bound to happen,  the dreaded production date adjustment email.

• 14 Feb - ordered
  • 16 Feb - confirmed 
  • 12 May - scheduled 27 June
  • 20 May - pushed to 18 July

On the bright side, guess that gives me time to return from international business travel.  
(F350 Lariat Tremor 7.3)

5 hours ago, Monoman said:

Not all supply chain issues are semi-conductor related.  The three main items causing SD delays are Fifth wheel prep, Spray in bed-liner, and Adaptive Steering.  The first two definitely do not have semi-conductor chips and for the last one we assume it is caused by chips but we don't really know.   I think many (maybe most) of the supply chain issues are labor related.  Look at the delays we are seeing with just getting the built trucks to the dealerships because the trucks sit waiting to be picked up by transporters.  The same thing is happening with the parts and materials going from point A to point B which is often from overseas to the US.

The bedliner and 5th wheel are kind of labor related, but more due to the way trucks are being ordered now versus how they were in the past. Before all of these retail orders, dealers would have bedliners and 5th wheel kits installed locally instead of ordering them already equipped because it was quicker/cheaper to get them that way. Now that everything is being custom ordered, people are ordering the trucks with bedliners and 5th wheel, which means they have to get put on before they are shipped out. The facilities that previously had enough throughput to complete all of the bedliners and 5th wheel kits for all of the stock orders now do not have enough throughput for the sheer number that are being ordered. The physical facilities are not built to handle the number of trucks being ordered with those options. They could hire more people, but there's no room for extra people with the current facilities.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, THASS said:

Mine was the same. I figured it would've been built by now. I've had my sticker since last Friday as well, but it's been crickets since. 

I've got a CPO expiring 7/5 so I'm anxiously and feverishly checking the tracker and FordPass for updates. 

windowsticker (19).pdf

Still no build notification and no date on the tracker but the "Activate Vehicle" button just showed on FP. Progress! 

This is from a Facebook page dealing with this topic. Supposedly somebody from Ford contacted this guy to ask if he was still interested in his truck. If not, they would  (FMC) cancel the order and bump up another order and not let the dealer take delivery of the truck. Has anybody else seen this. I'm more than a little bit skeptical that it was from FMC.

Here's the FB post:

"Well My production date got pushed . But this morning I get a call from Ford asking if I still want my order . I said yes 110% . The lady goes we’re calling to weed out anyone that doesn’t want there order. So hopefully you get your truck sooner . Crossing my fingers."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, THASS said:

2 weeks from built to delivery? Awesome. 

Here’s the full timeline:

Order date  10/21/21 F-450 Platinum Rapid Red

Received VIN 2/1/22

Original build week scheduled for 3/7/22

Build week pushed 8 times then settled at 5/2/22

Window sticker appeared  and tracker changed to in production on 4/27/22
UPDATE: Module codes populated today!

Received BUILT email and tracker has updated to built 5/4/22

Received Shipped email and tracker has updated to Shipped 5/6/22
Estimated delivery May 31st to June 6th

Got the call this morning May 21st. 7 months to the day. 

78F5B678-A90B-4674-A427-2BF2358C872F.jpeg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Monoman said:

The credit should be for the amount charged to the customer, not the manufacturer's cost.   Because the massage/lumbar feature is not really itemized we will never know if the $300 is really a full refund. 

The MC seats are not an option, they are part of a package.

47 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

You’re right.

A package that cost me/us $3k more for a Platinum…$300 credit is BS.

Fine, you didn’t want the seats or spend the extra money, others did…give it a rest, people are rightfully pissed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Correct and like i stated, the seats are not itemized so we have no idea if $300 accurately reflects their portion of the package price.

2 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

Received VIN 2/1/22

Exactly what I ordered aug 27

still no schedule at all?

2 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

Received VIN 2/1/22

That is a fine looking truck. I ordered my Bronco Sport 10/28/21. I'm still waiting on that to be delivered but expect it next week or the week after. The 250 I ordered 3/5/22 had the Activate button show this afternoon and I got the build notification a few hours later. Slated for delivery 5/16 or so. Tracker still shows its in production. 

I never would've believed the truck would have had the shorter lead time but I guess we're in a place where nothing is making sense anymore. I thought I'd get the truck in August/September or that it would get pushed to a 23MY. Either way, I'll take it! 

Been a silent observer in here since i ordered my f350 KRU LB 1/26. Dealer wasn't proactive, but thanks to these threads, I was well informed. After confirming that the fancy seats are being pulled, I decided to bail last night. I did a quick national search last night, and couldn't believe it, I found the near exact spec'd truck that I ordered in another state, down to the color...closed the online paperwork today and flying out to get Friday. Kind-of crazy, went from wondering if I really wanted to wait months for the 1/2 spec'd truck I wanted to knowing I'm getting nearly exactly what I wanted. I did lose x-plan, but this dealer is near MSRP...given the direction of rates and possible depreciation of my current vehicle, seems worth to me. Next step is to get the 1st dealer to cancel order...officially with Ford. Again, saw how to do that on this thread...probably more of a gesture, but maybe it can free up some commodities for all of you that have been waiting longer than me.
King Ranch Ultimate, 6.7, snow prep, 397 alt. Adaptive cruise, heated rear seats, clearance lights. Rapid red. Dealer is getting x-line before Friday.

• Like 1

Enough with the whining about the seats already. No amount of complaining is going to change what Ford has decided to do. The choices are accept it or cancel your order. Make your choice. Move on with your life. Stop acting like angry children.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

Have you seen a Silverado?

They look like they have jowls. Guy at work just bought a Silverado with a 6.0. He loves it's look. They're ugly.

The GM twins swing back and forth from decent looking to ugly every few years. Definitely in the ugly phase right now 

Edited by tjm73

11 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

Received VIN 2/1/22

what part of the country do live in? Mine was shipped the same day as yours and sitting in Columbia SC awaiting transport to Charlotte. 

15 hours ago, Jneff said:

Been a silent observer in here since i ordered my f350 KRU LB 1/26. Dealer wasn't proactive, but thanks to these threads, I was well informed. After confirming that the fancy seats are being pulled, I decided to bail last night. I did a quick national search last night, and couldn't believe it, I found the near exact spec'd truck that I ordered in another state, down to the color...closed the online paperwork today and flying out to get Friday. Kind-of crazy, went from wondering if I really wanted to wait months for the 1/2 spec'd truck I wanted to knowing I'm getting nearly exactly what I wanted. I did lose x-plan, but this dealer is near MSRP...given the direction of rates and possible depreciation of my current vehicle, seems worth to me. Next step is to get the 1st dealer to cancel order...officially with Ford. Again, saw how to do that on this thread...probably more of a gesture, but maybe it can free up some commodities for all of you that have been waiting longer than me.
King Ranch Ultimate, 6.7, snow prep, 397 alt. Adaptive cruise, heated rear seats, clearance lights. Rapid red. Dealer is getting x-line before Friday.

does your new truck that you found have adaptive steering?  How were you able to do a national search?  I guess Car Gurus and others allow new car searches nationally, I tried it on Car Gurus, there are quite a few trucks available but only way I was able to see the WS was go to that dealer's website, then I found them to be custom orders.  Likely not even available.

Edited by 787Toolman

52 minutes ago, crashman-405 said:

what part of the country do live in? Mine was shipped the same day as yours and sitting in Columbia SC awaiting transport to Charlotte. 

I’m outside of Little Rock, Arkansas and the Dealership is in Hot Springs. 

We are actually pretty close by rail to the Kentucky truck plant in Louisville.  I suspect the truck went from Louisville to Memphis by rail then a contract hauler brought it into Hot Springs. I’m definitely one of the lucky ones on shipping times. 

29 minutes ago, Frog_Legs said:

I’m outside of Little Rock, Arkansas and the Dealership is in Hot Springs. 

We are actually pretty close by rail to the Kentucky truck plant in Louisville.  I suspect the truck went from Louisville to Memphis by rail then a contract hauler brought it into Hot Springs. I’m definitely one of the lucky ones on shipping times. 

my rail car is showing empty so hopefully it won’t sit long. My buddy is buying my F-150 platinum from me and I think he is more excited than I am. The nine month wait has been brutal