2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

58 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

You know there are people out here buying a particular truck for the massage aspect of the seat do to severe leg or back pain right? For you to make a broad statement like that show’s your lack of compassion and understanding. So if you don’t like someone’s post don’t read it. Thank you ? 

The point is that the parts are not available, and no amount of complaining is going to magically fix that (it isn’t due to a microchip shortage).  The seat issue affects all models that the seat was available in, and none are getting made with those seats.  I wanted features in my truck that were not available, or became unavailable at some point in the process.  I didn’t whine about it, I found solutions, and I am satisfied. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I’ve talked to my sales manager and ford customer service may 24 and they haven’t heard of this. A little confusing!!!!

Same here.  I keep waiting for my dealer to call, as today is supposed to be the deadline, but I haven't heard anything.  Ordered F250 Platinum CCLB March 14th with confirmation from Ford on March 16.  The dealer flat out told me 8 to 12 months so I know I have a long way to go.  But I love seeing all you post that you got yours.  I'm still in it for the long haul, I'll see what happens.

How fast does the email show up saying “your truck is at the dealer and in final preparation” from when the truck actually arrived at the dealer?  My truck is unloaded from the rail car and waiting on the 3 mile trip to the dealer.  My dealer is pretty lazy on communications up to now.  I’m hoping that the Ford email on delivery is very timely, so I know when it gets there.

11/1 order, BAP, 350 lariat, 5th prep, and a bunch of other items.

4 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

Ok so what ever part of that aspect of the seat is hard to get make that part available to be retrofitted latter. I here it is control modules. I myself would be ok with paying some of the cost to do it. I would really like to be able to drive without pain. Or at least less pain Especially long trips. That’s why I ordered the particular truck I did.

I'm sure Ford considered many options before making the decision to remove them from the builds and issue credits. We may not like their decision but it is theirs to make. At least there are aftermarket seat massagers you can buy.  i would not be surprised if the massagers are dropped for MY23. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee2021 said:

How fast does the email show up saying “your truck is at the dealer and in final preparation” from when the truck actually arrived at the dealer?  My truck is unloaded from the rail car and waiting on the 3 mile trip to the dealer.  My dealer is pretty lazy on communications up to now.  I’m hoping that the Ford email on delivery is very timely, so I know when it gets there.

11/1 order, BAP, 350 lariat, 5th prep, and a bunch of other items.

I never did receive anything from Ford, but my Sales Manager called me as soon as it was off the transporter.

You are paying the dealer, make them communicate and provide you with information. If necessary, call them daily or better. Why depend on Ford, when the dealer is the one paid to keep you informed.

2022 F250 XLT Super cab 6.2

1-21-22 Ordered

1-24-22 Confirmed

5-12-22 Scheduled for production week of 6-27

5-20-22 Bumped back to week of 7-18

5-23-22 (three days later) Bumped up to week of 6-13

Go figure!!

On 5/22/2022 at 5:15 AM, tjm73 said:

Enough with the whining about the seats already. No amount of complaining is going to change what Ford has decided to do. The choices are accept it or cancel your order. Make your choice. Move on with your life. Stop acting like angry children.

That's great go around and criticize people for venting there displeasure about not getting the massage seats they paid for. Maybe there is a reason they need/want massage seats. As for me I deal with severe lower back/leg pain, the massage helps tremendously with my discomfort while driving especially long distances. Massage seats are the main thing I wanted. But it’s a free country so you can go back to being a #%ck

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 5:19 AM, tjm73 said:

They look like they have jowls. Guy at work just bought a Silverado with a 6.0. He loves it's look. They're ugly.

The GM twins swing back and forth from decent looking to ugly every few years. Definitely in the ugly phase right now 

There so ugly they’d make a train take a dirt road 

• Haha 1

Ordered and confirmed on 12/9/21. F350 Platinum Tremor 7.3 antimatter blue with 5th wheel prep, Spray in bed liner, console vault, upfitter switches, all weather floor mats, moonroof and power running boards. Priority 2 for several months now. Dealer showed me VVR yesterday and still unscheduled clean. Really needed superduty for camping season this year so when I saw this 21 that came in the day before on trade I made it mine. 21 F-250 Lariat Ultimate Tremor 7.3 with BAP, carpet delete which I must say is pretty awesome. Moonroof, UTT and a slew of other options. I figure this way I will have something for the summer or into next year should I not get scheduled or have to wait for a 23. But now that I have it I will probably get scheduled next week lol. Really digging the way this truck looks though. Also hoping I can sleep better knowing I have something and feel that I don’t need to spend every waking moment on this forum. 

F22DAD30-7D26-4073-BC90-3074A9382530.jpeg

From FMC’s CEO concerning chips:

“The other thing we must do is secure contracts with our supplier or suppliers, where possible, in commodities we know will be constrained like semiconductors,” Farley said. “In the case of semiconductors, that will require both mature node semiconductors or feature-rich semiconductors like window regulators, as well as the advanced nodes that run our connectivity electronic components, as well as infotainment. These will be very important, and you’ve seen announcements like GlobalFoundries, there’ll be more of those, and we’ll have to do it on the raw material and the battery side as well.”

The Ford CEO is referring to a strategic alliance the automaker formed with GlobalFoundries Inc. – a global leader in semiconductor manufacturing – last November, which aims to boost chip supplies by advancing semiconductor technology development and manufacturing in the U.S. In addition, Ford of Europe recently joined two new supply chain initiatives while the automaker is also considering getting into vertical integration in regards to the raw materials used in the construction of EV batteries.

6 hours ago, DNICE said:

2022 F250 XLT Super cab 6.2

1-21-22 Ordered

1-24-22 Confirmed

5-12-22 Scheduled for production week of 6-27

5-20-22 Bumped back to week of 7-18

5-23-22 (three days later) Bumped up to week of 6-13

Go figure!!

Nice! same here, except the last part :( never heard of them changing the date to sooner! 

Finally after almost 8 mths - received email that truck has shipped.  Based on what I've seen over the last few mths this has been an issue with trucks just sitting at different locations.  Currently Ford saying it should be received at the dealer the last week of June.  

How do I know which train the truck is on and where can I check on the progress - coming to Buffalo NY.

Thanks

8 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

That's great go around and criticize people for venting there displeasure about not getting the massage seats they paid for. Maybe there is a reason they need/want massage seats. As for me I deal with severe lower back/leg pain, the massage helps tremendously with my discomfort while driving especially long distances. Massage seats are the main thing I wanted. But it’s a free country so you can go back to being a #%ck

Technically, after the $300 credit, you did NOT pay for the massaging seats.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nolahd27 said:

Finally after almost 8 mths - received email that truck has shipped.  Based on what I've seen over the last few mths this has been an issue with trucks just sitting at different locations.  Currently Ford saying it should be received at the dealer the last week of June.  

How do I know which train the truck is on and where can I check on the progress - coming to Buffalo NY.

Thanks

Your Dealer has that information via the Vehicle Visibility report... rail carrier, rail car number, etc. 

• Like 1

Anyway...  with all of trucks that have been picked up in the lower levels I thought maybe I'd see some movement but no joy. 

Oh well it will happen or it won't and at this point with half of July not being productive, it'll be another month or more before they might start scheduling for August.  

45 minutes ago, River Wild said:

Anyway...  with all of trucks that have been picked up in the lower levels I thought maybe I'd see some movement but no joy. 

Oh well it will happen or it won't and at this point with half of July not being productive, it'll be another month or more before they might start scheduling for August.  

I thought id see movement on my 350 xl supercab no extras just 7.3 upfitters and brake controller after 5 months nothing. Im just figuring at this point odds are with so many ahead of me probably not seeing it this year. 

• Like 1

?? 9 month anniversary 

still not scheduled

f450 platinum with extras 

still say clean build 

dealer knows less then me or they just don’t want to tell me ?

pretty much gave up on trying to push for answers 

they never told me about delete of seat massage 

any more bad news I’ll just give up on ford/dealer( ford says it’s dealers fault ?)

27 minutes ago, F450 said:

?? 9 month anniversary 

still not scheduled

still say clean build 

any more bad news I’ll just give up on ford/dealer( ford says it’s dealers fault ?)

It really feels like you’ve slipped through the cracks. What would you buy instead of an F450 though? I was in a similar position looking at the competition, but I circled back to the F450 because it’s the biggest baddest pickup truck money can buy. That and the wide track front axle is impossible to give up. 

• Like 1

I Have a f450

After having number of 350s 

said I would never go back because of wide track steering 

almost forgot why I loved f450 

my buddy has a ram and the interior is awesome

if I leaned to something it would be ram

but why should I spend around 110,000 on something I really don’t want

most likely if I bale from my order 

I just will keep my 2016 f450 

it has only 42000 miles

don’t like how ford and dealers make this purchase the worst experience ever

Edited by F450

52 minutes ago, F450 said:

I Have a f450

After having number of 350s 

said I would never go back because of wide track steering 

almost forgot why I loved f450 

my buddy has a ram and the interior is awesome

if I leaned to something it would be ram

but why should I spend around 110,000 on something I really don’t want

most likely if I bale from my order 

I just will keep my 2016 f450 

it has only 42000 miles

don’t like how ford and dealers make this purchase the worst experience ever

Man, I’d be in the same boat. I have a 2019 F450 with pretty low kms. If I couldn’t get a new 450 I’d just keep it. My family all drive Rams, and they give me a hard time about my Ford, but I feel the same way as you, I just don’t like em much despite the nice interiors. 

anyway, it’s a shame you’re not in my neighbourhood because my dealer has been really fantastic to work with. Although it took me a while to find them. 

2 hours ago, F450 said:

?? 9 month anniversary 

still not scheduled

still say clean build 

I hear you Brother,

?? I'm over 7 months since order placed and just like you, my Dealer never told me about the seat delete as well.

Checked with Ford Marketing (800) 334-4375 and they are also clueless on information regarding the Multi-Contour seat delete.

Ford Marketing also said that I'm still at "Unscheduled Clean" as of yesterday Wednesday May 25, 2022. NO PCO on file as well.

Since I have not heard a peep from my Dealer about the seat delete, I'm seriously considering cancelling my Order and waiting for the 2023 MY.

No Sense Ordering a Platinum and settling for less, along with waiting over 7 months and still not scheduled.

By the time the truck gets scheduled, it will be close to 9 months or longer before I see it....... by then, maybe the 2023 MY Order Bank will be open?

Is there anyway to get a detailed history of your build that would at least outline any QC issues or the likes? I was told by Ford marketing that my build started on 4/11 but wasn’t completed until 4/13 maybe because it had to go to gfx or maybe QC issues?  @ice-capades

Edited by Cglenn