2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, crashman-405 said:

What does the "cleared for movement" mean and how do you find that information out?. Mine is at the destination rail facility and I'm assuming waiting for transport to the dealership in Charlotte NC.

I am assuming yours is in Columbia SC waiting for the ride to Charlotte. My truck sat there just a little over a week and finally arrived at my dealer in Spartanburg SC, late this past Friday.  

On 5/28/2022 at 8:59 AM, akirby said:

Moderator comments are not useless.

Just want to say thank you to the moderators on this site that do their best to keep the information flow on the straight and level! Your sacrificial commitment to those of us less knowledgeable is greatly appreciated!!!

On 5/21/2022 at 11:51 PM, Jneff said:

Been a silent observer in here since i ordered my f350 KRU LB 1/26. Dealer wasn't proactive, but thanks to these threads, I was well informed. After confirming that the fancy seats are being pulled, I decided to bail last night. I did a quick national search last night, and couldn't believe it, I found the near exact spec'd truck that I ordered in another state, down to the color...closed the online paperwork today and flying out to get Friday. Kind-of crazy, went from wondering if I really wanted to wait months for the 1/2 spec'd truck I wanted to knowing I'm getting nearly exactly what I wanted. I did lose x-plan, but this dealer is near MSRP...given the direction of rates and possible depreciation of my current vehicle, seems worth to me. Next step is to get the 1st dealer to cancel order...officially with Ford. Again, saw how to do that on this thread...probably more of a gesture, but maybe it can free up some commodities for all of you that have been waiting longer than me.
King Ranch Ultimate, 6.7, snow prep, 397 alt. Adaptive cruise, heated rear seats, clearance lights. Rapid red. Dealer is getting x-line before Friday.

Drove her home this weekend

20220529_150511.jpg

20220527_150907.jpg

20220527_144238.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, crashman-405 said:

What does the "cleared for movement" mean and how do you find that information out?. Mine is at the destination rail facility and I'm assuming waiting for transport to the dealership in Charlotte NC.

It can vary significantly.

My truck took 15-days from leaving KTP to drop off at the dealer (Vancouver BC). However, another BC truck a few months earlier got stuck enroute and then waited at the auto-terminal for a couple of weeks before it was picked up for delivery to the dealer.

Mind you, my dealer is only a couple of miles from the Auto-Terminal where they come off the train, so they rarely wait more than 1-day.

Edit - Crashman - apologies, meant to copy one of your previous posts where you asked for shipping times and delays. Just noted I grabbed the wrong one.

Edited by Rangers09

5 hours ago, JWardlaw said:

I am assuming yours is in Columbia SC waiting for the ride to Charlotte. My truck sat there just a little over a week and finally arrived at my dealer in Spartanburg SC, late this past Friday.  

Yes, it’s been in Columbia since the 20th. Thanks for the info, gives me a little hope that it may arrive this week. 

On a positive note, I’m back to my original build schedule of 27 June (was moved to 18 July). However, the tracking link at the bottom of the email from Ford no longer works.  Anyone else have this issue? Maybe their site is down or it might be a problem with my order?  

18 minutes ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

On a positive note, I’m back to my original build schedule of 27 June (was moved to 18 July). However, the tracking link at the bottom of the email from Ford no longer works.  Anyone else have this issue? Maybe their site is down or it might be a problem with my order?  

Don’t read too much into it.  Although we all want it to work on-demand, and all the time, this tool of convenience goes in and out of service frequently.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

The link at the bottom of the email hasn't worked for me for a while. I just copy the vin now, go to the tracking page, input it and it pulls right up. 

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, akirby said:

Moderator comments are not useless.

Also, like most people with multiple brain cells, thank you for all the help you give us.  Now that the Super Duty trucks are in "Balance Out" status, what can we, who are waiting to get out of Unscheduled-Clean status, expect to happen?  I sent another request to my sales person asking him to check the Visibility Report (not expecting anything since I am not scheduled), also to find out where I am in the dealer queue (two months ago I was 84/120 ordered Super Duty orders, and tell me what I can expect this year.  My confirmed order date was 2/23/22 and I did get an email from Ford.  I am in my seventies and would like to use this while I still have a drivers license (Big Grin Here).

It is both encouraging and discouraging to see people who ordered similar vehicles after I did get their trucks built as you can imagine.

Truly, Thank you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

Also, like most people with multiple brain cells, thank you for all the help you give us.  Now that the Super Duty trucks are in "Balance Out" status, what can we, who are waiting to get out of Unscheduled-Clean status, expect to happen?  I sent another request to my sales person asking him to check the Visibility Report (not expecting anything since I am not scheduled), also to find out where I am in the dealer queue (two months ago I was 84/120 ordered Super Duty orders, and tell me what I can expect this year.  My confirmed order date was 2/23/22 and I did get an email from Ford.  I am in my seventies and would like to use this while I still have a drivers license (Big Grin Here).

It is both encouraging and discouraging to see people who ordered similar vehicles after I did get their trucks built as you can imagine.

Truly, Thank you.

well said!

When it comes to shipping - truck being shipped CSX, received email from Ford last week Monday the truck was shipped and the emailing saying 4-5 weeks - has anyone experienced those times being correct?

Tired using the CSX phone but they are saying there's no information available for the railcar.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Nolahd27 said:

When it comes to shipping - truck being shipped CSX, received email from Ford last week Monday the truck was shipped and the emailing saying 4-5 weeks - has anyone experienced those times being correct?

Tired using the CSX phone but they are saying there's no information available for the railcar.

Thanks

Nobody knows for sure, not even the transportation company.

43 minutes ago, Nolahd27 said:

Thanks

Mine shipped out May 04 and still has not arrived at the dealership. Those times may be accurate.

1 hour ago, Nolahd27 said:

Thanks

Got the same email last week, end of June to July 4 estimated date. Dealer told me this morning that they have been seeing a week or two delays. 

2 hours ago, Nolahd27 said:

Thanks

My truck was built on 4/9 and the shipping email said it would take the same 4-5 weeks. I thought they were being overly pessimistic and it surely would arrive sooner than that. I was wrong...

It sat at a ramp not even loaded on a railcar for a full 5 weeks. Fortunately it has finished its rail journey and now I'm waiting for a truck to deliver it to the dealer. If it comes this week it will be 7 weeks for just the shipping. 

32 minutes ago, westernsky said:

My truck was built on 4/9 and the shipping email said it would take the same 4-5 weeks. I thought they were being overly pessimistic and it surely would arrive sooner than that. I was wrong...

It sat at a ramp not even loaded on a railcar for a full 5 weeks. Fortunately it has finished its rail journey and now I'm waiting for a truck to deliver it to the dealer. If it comes this week it will be 7 weeks for just the shipping. 

Well if it makes you feel any better mine was shipped on 4/29, and the delivery date keeps getting pushed. Now June 6 - 10. Hopefully for both of us they get delivered soo. Good Luck.

31 minutes ago, westernsky said:

Seems so crazy but I guess in today's world nothing should surprise me.  I bet if you don't pay your loan as agreed Ford credit will get the truck back to them a lot faster than 6-7 mths - they will have someone there with 6-7 days days.

Long time lurker,first time poster. Had to get in on this thread about shipping. My truck was completed a little over 9 weeks ago and still has not shipped. No tracker movement or shipped email. Verified no holds and was released for shipping. I don't get it. Ford/CSX will make damn sure you have a minimum 6 month wait time apparently. It's a crap shoot from what I have read on here ,all the way from VIN assignment, to production, to being shipped. They,Ford, have some serious deficiencies they need to work thru before the 23my debuts and order banks open. Rant over.