2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Anyone a bit anxious? Gee, they probably haven't even done the planned scheduling for today!

After going on 7 months and seeing trucks delivered  in much less time than that I’m a bit anxious, hopeful,  frustrated, disappointed at how Ford schedules and looks over orders that have been out there for months.  I’m sure there are many reasons as to why.  It’s a lottery it seems getting picked up for a build.  
At least I confirmed my truck is “unscheduled clean”  as of Tuesday with Ford Marketing which by the way had no answer, or at least wouldn’t or couldn’t answer, as to how people get trucks in 3 months and other have waited twice as long.  

25 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

After going on 7 months and seeing trucks delivered  in much less time than that I’m a bit anxious, hopeful,  frustrated, disappointed at how Ford schedules and looks over orders that have been out there for months.  I’m sure there are many reasons as to why.  It’s a lottery it seems getting picked up for a build.  
At least I confirmed my truck is “unscheduled clean”  as of Tuesday with Ford Marketing which by the way had no answer, or at least wouldn’t or couldn’t answer, as to how people get trucks in 3 months and other have waited twice as long.  

i spoke with local fleet manager about how orders getting done so fast, he said has two identical trucks 6 months apart on order dates the one that was  ordered for 2 moths got picked over the 6 month old one, ford had no explanation as to why. now thats a he said she said but from some of the stories you hear doesnt seem far off.

20 minutes ago, paulwb said:

i spoke with local fleet manager about how orders getting done so fast, he said has two identical trucks 6 months apart on order dates the one that was  ordered for 2 moths got picked over the 6 month old one, ford had no explanation as to why. now thats a he said she said but from some of the stories you hear doesnt seem far off.

Sounds like Ford overlooking orders that have been months in.   How do orders that are months old not get bumped to top of que?  Not a question for you but just a question that needs answered!  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, paulwb said:

You can't compare fleet order scheduling to retail order scheduling. Fleet orders have a separate process and use "Requested Production Week" instead of priority codes and there is no fleet allocation assigned to individual Dealers. Fleet scheduling and production has been greatly affected due to the current market conditions as Ford prioritizes retail order scheduling and production due to the tremendous increase in retail order volume.

19 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

Sounds like Ford overlooking orders that have been months in.   How do orders that are months old not get bumped to top of que?  Not a question for you but just a question that needs answered!  

20 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

My personal view on this is that "FORD Scheduling" should AUTOMATICALLY assign a PRIORITY 1 to Vehicles that have been waiting to be scheduled longer than 7 Months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Havasu Guy said:

My personal view on this is that "FORD Scheduling" should AUTOMATICALLY assign a PRIORITY 1 to Vehicles that have been waiting to be scheduled longer than 7 Months.

Zone reps are already changing those to priority 2 which is the same as 1 99% of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFT2112 said:

The most logical answer is both trucks had the same priority so the scheduler picked the one that was easiest to build.  If dealers manage their order queue and make the oldest orders higher priority (numerically lower) then priority would drive the build unless there were commodity constraints.

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

Zone reps are already changing those to priority 2 which is the same as 1 99% of the time.

Thank you for the insight akirby.  
But are all zone reps doing their job and is there any way to make sure they are not dropping the ball?  

I agree ford should update priority 

automatic if truck order is old

Ford should also send updates or something saying we did not forget about your almost 10 month order

dealer only can say so much checking computer and say 

clean and not scheduled

??? 

priority 10 since Oct 27

Edited by F450

25 minutes ago, Glenn in AZ said:

Is there a "general rule" as to when zone reps are making this change?  How old does an order have to be before it gets changed?

No idea but the ones I’ve seen here are at least 5-6 months old.

18 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

Thank you for the insight akirby.  
But are all zone reps doing their job and is there any way to make sure they are not dropping the ball?  

Of course.  You need to discuss your priority relative to all the other orders in your dealers queue and make sure they are working with the zone rep to get priority 2 on older orders.

20 minutes ago, F450 said:

I agree ford should update priority 

automatic if truck order is old

Ford should also send updates or something saying we did not forget about your almost 10 month order

dealer only can say so much checking computer and say 

clean and not scheduled

??? 

priority 10 since Oct 27

Ford cannot and should not automatically change priority codes.  It is still up to the dealer and the onus is on the buyer to communicate with the dealer.  E.g. they may already have 3 trucks at priority 2 and they don’t want to make yours a 2 u til the others have been scheduled.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

I've been at Priority 2 since January 10, 2022........and still not scheduled for a build

Order Date and acceptance Date : October 25, 2021

This is why I posted my opinion that "Ford Scheduling" should AUTOMATICALLY assign a PRIORITY 1 to Vehicles that have been waiting to be scheduled longer than 7 Months

All it takes is a software change.

28 minutes ago, Drag n' Fly said:

My dealer told me the zone rep changed my 9/13 order to priority 2 on Feb 2, and it’s still…….8 1/2 months.?! F350 Lariat CCSB. Lots of later retail orders have been delivered with the the same options. 

What’s your setup? 5WP? BAP? I have both and a couple more options on my F350 order. Currently at month 5 of waiting to be scheduled. Can’t believe your September order still hasn’t been scheduled. That’s crazy. 

Ford should see date of order and priority of retail order

you should not have to hunt dealers out of your area if it’s a custom order 

if it was a instock order you shop around 

just blame it on dealers is getting old

vegas has better odds of getting truck made maybe

6 hours ago, traynoral said:

Anyone get their VIN email this morning?

I did. Got the email at 06:02 this morning. Scheduled for the week of June 27th. Ordered 2/24/22, F350, 6.7L CCLB, Lariat Ultimate, Chrome Package 5th wheel prep, Wheel Liners, FX4.

It seems pretty obvious to me that there is probably an algorithm involved in the scheduling process since orders such as pdoughs get scheduled rather quickly and others are many months out. I bet it favors larger dealers vs smaller dealers. The old story of "its your dealers fault" is total BS because the regional reps put priority 2 on not the dealer and some still don't get built because the "scheduler" is on top of that. 

I'm glad I solved my own problem and canceled my order. Happy to be driving a fabulous new truck and Flubbing Orders for Retail Delivery didn't get my business. 

4 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

I agree ?

13 months and counting. 
I’m so fed up with my dealer and Ford it’s all a bunch ?
Enough is enough 

I’m convinced I’ll never get a truck this year and if by some miracle it does get built, it’ll be a Platinum “almost” with the MC seats being removed by Ford. 

29 minutes ago, Jfinn said:

I agree ?

13 months and counting. 
I’m so fed up with my dealer and Ford it’s all a bunch ?
Enough is enough 

I’m convinced I’ll never get a truck this year and if by some miracle it does get built, it’ll be a Platinum “almost” with the MC seats being removed by Ford. 

Whats your priority and where are you in your dealer’s queue?

I would like to know how many of us have had their dealer actually reach out to them with updates, even if it is just a simple "no movement yet, just letting you know we are still here and doing what we can to move things along."  I ordered 1/19 and have not EVER received a call from my dealer with an update.  I have reached out to them about 4 times asking for either an update, or deleting items from my build to move it along.

My dealer is in a small town of about 6000 people, maybe has 4-6 Superdutys on their lot at any given time prior to 2020.  You would think a phone call to their customers with a short update even once a month would be nice.  I would love to help educate them about how to handle their orders, but I'm just the customer who has never worked at the dealership, what do I know?  Sorry for being the debbie downer, but seeing this poor communications between dealers and customers is just sad.  If the truck was on there lot right now, they would be calling me every day till I sign the papers.

42 minutes ago, Gem city said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that there is probably an algorithm involved in the scheduling process since orders such as pdoughs get scheduled rather quickly and others are many months out. I bet it favors larger dealers vs smaller dealers. The old story of "its your dealers fault" is total BS because the regional reps put priority 2 on not the dealer and some still don't get built because the "scheduler" is on top of that. 

I’ll say it again if you are at priority 2 and can’t get scheduled it is absolutely a parts issue.  If your dealer has a very large order queue and/or they are not managing the priority by order date then that’s on the dealer.

When you have tens of thousands of retail orders in queue (if not 100k+) and you can only schedule 8k per week, you have to pick and choose so it makes sense that some dealers get more than others.  But in the past you had the situation where dealer size affected allocations and you could have a retail order sit at a small order without allocation.  With COVP that’s no longer the issue.  It’s simply having more in queue than they can build - allocation isn’t an issue.

1 hour ago, teecamp said:

I would like to know how many of us have had their dealer actually reach out to them with updates, even if it is just a simple "no movement yet, just letting you know we are still here and doing what we can to move things along."  I ordered 1/19 and have not EVER received a call from my dealer with an update.  I have reached out to them about 4 times asking for either an update, or deleting items from my build to move it along.

My dealer is in a small town of about 6000 people, maybe has 4-6 Superdutys on their lot at any given time prior to 2020.  You would think a phone call to their customers with a short update even once a month would be nice.  I would love to help educate them about how to handle their orders, but I'm just the customer who has never worked at the dealership, what do I know?  Sorry for being the debbie downer, but seeing this poor communications between dealers and customers is just sad.  If the truck was on there lot right now, they would be calling me every day till I sign the papers.

As of today, I am not scheduled, but I must say this dealer has treated me well has been very responsive and not brushing me off each time I email him. Most of the time, my dealer experienced are not that good. However, this dealer has been exceptional so far.

• Like 1