2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, teecamp said:

I would like to know how many of us have had their dealer actually reach out to them with updates, even if it is just a simple "no movement yet, just letting you know we are still here and doing what we can to move things along."  I ordered 1/19 and have not EVER received a call from my dealer with an update.  I have reached out to them about 4 times asking for either an update, or deleting items from my build to move it along.

My dealer is in a small town of about 6000 people, maybe has 4-6 Superdutys on their lot at any given time prior to 2020.  You would think a phone call to their customers with a short update even once a month would be nice.  I would love to help educate them about how to handle their orders, but I'm just the customer who has never worked at the dealership, what do I know?  Sorry for being the debbie downer, but seeing this poor communications between dealers and customers is just sad.  If the truck was on there lot right now, they would be calling me every day till I sign the papers.

My dealer has never reached out with updates, which in the beginning is what they said they'd do. Luckily I found this forum and learned a ton about the whole process and what questions to ask. I would usually get the "unscheduled clean" response about once a month upon requesting a status. I finally got scheduled a couple weeks ago and gave it a couple days to see if they'd let me know, of course they didn't, I emailed them and asked to confirm which they did. My dealer would get back to me but I would have to initiate every time. Normally they'd have 20+ SD's on the lot prior to 2020, so maybe they have a ton of orders to manage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gem city said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that there is probably an algorithm involved in the scheduling process since orders such as pdoughs get scheduled rather quickly and others are many months out. I bet it favors larger dealers vs smaller dealers. The old story of "its your dealers fault" is total BS because the regional reps put priority 2 on not the dealer and some still don't get built because the "scheduler" is on top of that. 

I'm glad I solved my own problem and canceled my order. Happy to be driving a fabulous new truck and Flubbing Orders for Retail Delivery didn't get my business. 

I’ll be the first to say, I have no idea what the algorithm is. I ordered from a small dealer, on the west coast, from a small town. My dealer did nothing to reach out to me and anytime I asked for an update, I never got anything more than “you’re still unscheduled.” I was sold on the fact that I’d never get built, so it was a huge surprise waking up this morning to a VIN. I insisted on seeing my order about three weeks ago and I was still priority 19 along with the rest of my dealer’s orders.

Make retail ordering so vague that you don’t ever want to again

I have asked all the questions the this forum says to ask dealer

Never getting much info

just clean build and priority 10 

i

get better answers on this forum

But still don’t know why not scheduled 

ford don’t care much about 1 order because they are selling so well anyways

It’s a Disneyland ride line where everybody is cutting in front of you because you are single?

4 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

I've been at Priority 2 since January 10, 2022........and still not scheduled for a build

Order Date and acceptance Date : October 25, 2021

This is why I posted my opinion that "Ford Scheduling" should AUTOMATICALLY assign a PRIORITY 1 to Vehicles that have been waiting to be scheduled longer than 7 Months

All it takes is a software change.

I disagree.  In general, it is not a good idea to build systems that can assign the highest priority automatically.  The highest should be reserved for 'manual' overrides and have very restricted access. 

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

I disagree.  In general, it is not a good idea to build systems that can assign the highest priority automatically.  The highest should be reserved for 'manual' overrides and have very restricted access. 

Well, it looks like you have not been waiting for your build date longer than 6 months

Based on your Order Date of 12/06/2021

As I mentioned earlier, Order Dates longer than 7 months should be AUTOMATICALLY bumped up to Priority 01.

If you want to be nick picky about it, then FORD can assign a Priority 01a or a Priority 01b, or Priority 01c, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bulldog5454 said:

image.thumb.png.fe8ef2deddb4bb49363a46fd9d09fb3a.pngThis is from the Ford Shareholders site.  Looks like they made a little over 27,000 Superdutys in May between the Kentucky and Ohio plants.   This is down a few thousand from what they made in April.

At that rate theyd be over 200k by years end so i guess its possible not probable they get all the orders built

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teecamp said:

I would like to know how many of us have had their dealer actually reach out to them with updates, even if it is just a simple "no movement yet, just letting you know we are still here and doing what we can to move things along."  I ordered 1/19 and have not EVER received a call from my dealer with an update.  I have reached out to them about 4 times asking for either an update, or deleting items from my build to move it along.

My dealer is in a small town of about 6000 people, maybe has 4-6 Superdutys on their lot at any given time prior to 2020.  You would think a phone call to their customers with a short update even once a month would be nice.  I would love to help educate them about how to handle their orders, but I'm just the customer who has never worked at the dealership, what do I know?  Sorry for being the debbie downer, but seeing this poor communications between dealers and customers is just sad.  If the truck was on there lot right now, they would be calling me every day till I sign the papers.

I ordered a F250 Platinum Tremor with everything except the AS. My order date was 8/18/21. I've been bumbed 11 times. Finally got an in production on 5/23/22. All of my modules have populated. I'm just waiting on the built and shipped email. I haven't heard a peep from the dealership. I have reached out to them twice. Once to say I got my VIN and a build date and another time to tell them it was being built. They didn't seem to care a bit. These stealerships should be keeping us up to date with what is going on. I 100% agree with you. 

20 minutes ago, human_animal said:

I ordered a F250 Platinum Tremor with everything except the AS. My order date was 8/18/21. I've been bumbed 11 times. Finally got an in production on 5/23/22. All of my modules have populated. I'm just waiting on the built and shipped email. I haven't heard a peep from the dealership. I have reached out to them twice. Once to say I got my VIN and a build date and another time to tell them it was being built. They didn't seem to care a bit. These stealerships should be keeping us up to date with what is going on. I 100% agree with you. 

Many of us are experiencing the same treatment. My salesman at Mark FIcken Ford in Charlotte has been great but the sales manager sucks! My truck has been sitting for two weeks at the rail drop off point and I called Ford marketing today and finally got some info. Crickets from my dealership sales manager. I let Ford marketing know that also.

18 minutes ago, crashman-405 said:

Many of us are experiencing the same treatment. My salesman at Mark FIcken Ford in Charlotte has been great but the sales manager sucks! My truck has been sitting for two weeks at the rail drop off point and I called Ford marketing today and finally got some info. Crickets from my dealership sales manager. I let Ford marketing know that also.

It seems to be the way things are with them now. I'm not sure if it is just laziness or if they are tired of hearing from people. I ordered mine from a small dealership in northern California. I wouldn't think they are busy since there are not many cars in the lots to sell. I am happy that I found this forum and got all my info from everyone on here. Especially Ice-Capades and akirby. Without them I'd be going nuts. ? Hopefully you get your truck soon. I guess we all have to be patient. 

38 minutes ago, human_animal said:

It seems to be the way things are with them now. I'm not sure if it is just laziness or if they are tired of hearing from people. I ordered mine from a small dealership in northern California. I wouldn't think they are busy since there are not many cars in the lots to sell. I am happy that I found this forum and got all my info from everyone on here. Especially Ice-Capades and akirby. Without them I'd be going nuts. ? Hopefully you get your truck soon. I guess we all have to be patient. 

Yeah both of those guys are life savers during these difficult times. Ford marketing is super helpful but I just hate calling them but my truck is 75 miles from me right now and my sales manager just plain sucks and won't call me back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teecamp said:

No communication from my dealer except two weeks after signed order saying not accepting xplan, so i let it ride to see what would happen when delivered.. Called monday to cancel order now all to happy to take xplan and got production email this morning.. Not saying email was result of me threatening to cancel but funny how hes all to willing to do xplan now..

1 hour ago, human_animal said:

Last I went into my dealership there was one salesman and his boss!  Not much in stock.  They seem depressed with the way things are right now.  Will not say how many HDs ordered or where I stand.  I quit stopping by.  I have been calling Ford direct and they have been helpful.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Whats your priority and where are you in your dealer’s queue?

I’ve been a 2 since August and I am at the top of the list. 

I’m the oldest unscheduled clean SD and vehicle they have.  

10 hours ago, paulwb said:

i spoke with local fleet manager about how orders getting done so fast, he said has two identical trucks 6 months apart on order dates the one that was  ordered for 2 moths got picked over the 6 month old one, ford had no explanation as to why. now thats a he said she said but from some of the stories you hear doesnt seem far off.

8 hours ago, Blackhawk23 said:

What’s your setup? 5WP? BAP? I have both and a couple more options on my F350 order. Currently at month 5 of waiting to be scheduled. Can’t believe your September order still hasn’t been scheduled. That’s crazy. 

6 hours ago, Jfinn said:

I agree ?

13 months and counting. 
I’m so fed up with my dealer and Ford it’s all a bunch ?
Enough is enough 

I’m convinced I’ll never get a truck this year and if by some miracle it does get built, it’ll be a Platinum “almost” with the MC seats being removed by Ford. 

@Jfinn  that’s completely unacceptable!   This will be my first Ford.   Really it’s no skin off Ford or the dealers.  Canceled orders will still get sold.  But they will loose future costumers.  I just saw another person get a build date only a couple months in.  I’m bout ready to walk. 

Long time lurker on the forum, first post! Special thanks to everyone that provides insight on how to "work' the system would be completely lost without this forum!

Initial order on 1/14 and haven't heard anything yet. When into dealer last week to try and remove a few items that are likely holding up the order (5th wheel prep, spray in bed liner, etc.) as nothing was happening (even sitting at a priority 2).  He wasn't sure how to make the changes, so he said he would get back to me. 

Got the revised "preview order form" tonight from him, so I can validate what options he took off and when they did it looks like all the pricing got reset.  For example the Base on a the F250 4X4 Crew Cab Pickup/160 on my original order was $55125.  The revised sheet shows up as $57375.  So after removing all the above options they now want to charge me thousands more since MSRP has changed (and a bunch of other items have gone up as well resulting in almost a $3k difference when I expected to receive a discount since we removed items.  I am not sure what the price level on the Preview Order means but it was at 245 now it shows as a price level of 265.

Hoping this is just a system limitation and not a new reality for me.  

1 hour ago, Jfinn said:

Dam alot more patience than me.. I read on one of the forums a guy just got build date after 442 days wether true or not i dont think i could wait that long

9 hours ago, pdough said:

I did. Got the email at 06:02 this morning. Scheduled for the week of June 27th. Ordered 2/24/22, F350, 6.7L CCLB, Lariat Ultimate, Chrome Package 5th wheel prep, Wheel Liners, FX4.

Well hell, you ordered 10 days after me.  Mine is a 350 DRW CCLB 7.3 Lariat Ultimate, upfitter switches, Camper pkg, Mud flaps, 5er prep, heated steering wheel.  I guess it's enough different to be passed over.  

19 minutes ago, River Wild said:

Well hell, you ordered 10 days after me.  Mine is a 350 DRW CCLB 7.3 Lariat Ultimate, upfitter switches, Camper pkg, Mud flaps, 5er prep, heated steering wheel.  I guess it's enough different to be passed over.  

Where are you from? With a name like River Wild, is that the PNW?

6 hours ago, Jfinn said:

My original order unscheduled clean was 6/24/21.  I cancelled it after my 11/20 order was scheduled and the original order recently went from a build week of 6/27 to a 6/13 date. Still, basically a year to build plus shipping makes it over a year if I stuck with it. I blame the dealer and the salesman for not removing spray liner and hitch prep.  They also seem to be a smaller dealer too so perhaps that was the issue as well. 

12 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

Well, it looks like you have not been waiting for your build date longer than 6 months

Based on your Order Date of 12/06/2021

As I mentioned earlier, Order Dates longer than 7 months should be AUTOMATICALLY bumped up to Priority 01.

If you want to be nick picky about it, then FORD can assign a Priority 01a or a Priority 01b, or Priority 01c, etc.

Yep .. just rolling up to 6 months now and fine with waiting my turn. 

Without really knowing how the current system works it is hard to make suggestions.  Maybe the system already automatically puts orders older than 6 months at priority 02.  No matter how the priority codes are managed, you would think Ford would at some point prioritize by order dates to make sure older orders don't repeatedly get missed.   Then again, maybe Ford never really faced this issue before and is struggling to adapt.... like the rest of the auto makers.  

At least we have something to discuss while we all wait.  

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RecalculatingRoute said:

Long time lurker on the forum, first post! Special thanks to everyone that provides insight on how to "work' the system would be completely lost without this forum!

Initial order on 1/14 and haven't heard anything yet. When into dealer last week to try and remove a few items that are likely holding up the order (5th wheel prep, spray in bed liner, etc.) as nothing was happening (even sitting at a priority 2).  He wasn't sure how to make the changes, so he said he would get back to me. 

Got the revised "preview order form" tonight from him, so I can validate what options he took off and when they did it looks like all the pricing got reset.  For example the Base on a the F250 4X4 Crew Cab Pickup/160 on my original order was $55125.  The revised sheet shows up as $57375.  So after removing all the above options they now want to charge me thousands more since MSRP has changed (and a bunch of other items have gone up as well resulting in almost a $3k difference when I expected to receive a discount since we removed items.  I am not sure what the price level on the Preview Order means but it was at 245 now it shows as a price level of 265.

Hoping this is just a system limitation and not a new reality for me.  

I wasn't impressed or encouraged when I first read that the Dealer wasn't sure how to amend the order. Regardless, retail orders are price protected to the price level in effect at the original order date. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display the current pricing level when the WBDO Preview is shown. There are plenty of posts about the retail order price protection which is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. Hopefully, you have a signed sales agreement specifying the exact terms of your transaction. FYI... the Window Sticker and vehicle invoice will be created using the pricing in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Ford does not re-invoice vehicles at the price level in effect at original order date.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I wasn't impressed or encouraged when I first read that the Dealer wasn't sure how to amend the order. Regardless, retail orders are price protected to the price level in effect at the original order date. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display the current pricing level when the WBDO Preview is shown. There are plenty of posts about the retail order price protection which is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. Hopefully, you have a signed sales agreement specifying the exact terms of your transaction. FYI... the Window Sticker and vehicle invoice will be created using the pricing in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Ford does not re-invoice vehicles at the price level in effect at original order date.  

I picked up a used 2021 F250 Lariat Tremor while I wait for my order to be scheduled. Since I have a truck that will hold me until I ultimately get what I want (platinum 350 tremor) I have asked my dealer to add on options that I didn’t order since I though they would otherwise hold up my build such as AS. I have been at a priority 2 for a couple of months at least and they keep telling me that the system shows my “options locked” and that they cannot change them. Any advice? They are pretty transparent with me, show me the vvr whenever I stop in, still says unscheduled clean. They have told me I have price protection at least from my order date of 12/9.