2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

14 hours ago, human_animal said:

I ordered a F250 Platinum Tremor with everything except the AS. My order date was 8/18/21. I've been bumbed 11 times. Finally got an in production on 5/23/22. All of my modules have populated. I'm just waiting on the built and shipped email. I haven't heard a peep from the dealership. I have reached out to them twice. Once to say I got my VIN and a build date and another time to tell them it was being built. They didn't seem to care a bit. These stealerships should be keeping us up to date with what is going on. I 100% agree with you. 

Same boat as you on a Platinum F450.  Built the same week as you after 10 reschedules.  Unfortunately we’re both on a corporate stop ship awaiting for the MCS modules.  

46 minutes ago, rxwoody said:

I picked up a used 2021 F250 Lariat Tremor while I wait for my order to be scheduled. Since I have a truck that will hold me until I ultimately get what I want (platinum 350 tremor) I have asked my dealer to add on options that I didn’t order since I though they would otherwise hold up my build such as AS. I have been at a priority 2 for a couple of months at least and they keep telling me that the system shows my “options locked” and that they cannot change them. Any advice? They are pretty transparent with me, show me the vvr whenever I stop in, still says unscheduled clean. They have told me I have price protection at least from my order date of 12/9.

As the Vehicle Visibility report doesn't show commodity related issues, the only place that could be showing "options locked" is in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. WBDO will show what the hold is and whether there's a simple resolution. It would be interesting to know what options you're trying to add that are locked. Depending on what those options are, the regional office may be able to provide assistance in the form of information and/or an override of the holds. If not, and if the Dealer is able to add the additional options at some point, they may need the regional office to reassign the 02 priority code as Dealer amended orders will cause the priority code to revert to 10-19. 

Even though Ford has not yet released the timetable for the 2023MY Super Duty changeover, keep in mind that it's common for some options to "balance out" early. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

27 minutes ago, No-Communication548 said:

I ordered an F-250 back in September with the BAP. The truck is finally listed as built in the tracker but the window sticker says BAP without the bedliner. Is that simply a mistake on the sticker or did Ford at some point switch everybody over  to the BAP with no bedliner? Has this happened to anybody else?

I would call your sales manager immediately and see if they removed it. I have unfortunately heard of dealers taking it upon themselves to remove items they feel might “speed up” the process. 

1 hour ago, manko said:

Same boat as you on a Platinum F450.  Built the same week as you after 10 reschedules.  Unfortunately we’re both on a corporate stop ship awaiting for the MCS modules.  

Just curious where you found out that we are on hold for the modules for the MC seats? I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything from Ford about why the truck hadn't shipped.

4 hours ago, No-Communication548 said:

I ordered an F-250 back in September with the BAP. The truck is finally listed as built in the tracker but the window sticker says BAP without the bedliner. Is that simply a mistake on the sticker or did Ford at some point switch everybody over  to the BAP with no bedliner? Has this happened to anybody else?

The Super Duty Lariat Black Appearance Pkg without Spray-in Bedliner (17M) became an option back in February or March to help meet retail demand for the Black Appearance Package. You should check with your Dealer to find out if they amended your order without your knowledge. 

I've been a follower of this thread passively for quite a while--thank you all for posting information. It's been very useful.

I placed on order of a 2022 Super Duty--Lariat, Tremor, black appearance, various other features--on June 10, 2021. We've waited, obviously, quite a long time. On 4/20/2022 we received the "Shipped" notification from Ford, indicating that the truck should arrive at our dealer between 5/2-5/8. On 5/5, the salesperson called me and said that the truck should arrive soon--likely within the "next few weeks" and he'd keep us informed. I went in today because there was still no news.

Turns out the truck arrived on 4/27, and they sold it to someone else on the same day!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm really stunned--and to be fair, the folks at the dealership are stumped; nobody knows how this happened.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, teecamp said:

I would like to know how many of us have had their dealer actually reach out to them with updates, even if it is just a simple "no movement yet, just letting you know we are still here and doing what we can to move things along."  I ordered 1/19 and have not EVER received a call from my dealer with an update.  I have reached out to them about 4 times asking for either an update, or deleting items from my build to move it along.

My dealer is in a small town of about 6000 people, maybe has 4-6 Superdutys on their lot at any given time prior to 2020.  You would think a phone call to their customers with a short update even once a month would be nice.  I would love to help educate them about how to handle their orders, but I'm just the customer who has never worked at the dealership, what do I know?  Sorry for being the debbie downer, but seeing this poor communications between dealers and customers is just sad.  If the truck was on there lot right now, they would be calling me every day till I sign the papers.

Ordered 1/13/22  f350 king ranch ultimate cc/srw/lb dropped fwp spray in bed liner wheel well liners in February never had a phone call,text or email from dealer since I ordered. I have driven 100 mile round trip 4 times to get info from sales manager.??

On 6/2/2022 at 11:57 AM, akirby said:

I’ll say it again if you are at priority 2 and can’t get scheduled it is absolutely a parts issue.  If your dealer has a very large order queue and/or they are not managing the priority by order date then that’s on the dealer.

When you have tens of thousands of retail orders in queue (if not 100k+) and you can only schedule 8k per week, you have to pick and choose so it makes sense that some dealers get more than others.  But in the past you had the situation where dealer size affected allocations and you could have a retail order sit at a small order without allocation.  With COVP that’s no longer the issue.  It’s simply having more in queue than they can build - allocation isn’t an issue.

I’m priority 2 since April ford customer service said unscheduled clean ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Edited by King ranch 62

31 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

I’m priority 2 since April ford customer service said scheduled clean ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Scheduled Clean? There is no such status. It can be "Unscheduled/Clean" meaning it's a clean, buildable order with no errors, but still subject to commodity and plant constraints. If the order is scheduled, the priority code no longer has a function and the assigned VIN number and initial scheduled production week will be available in the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pjgreen said:

I've been a follower of this thread passively for quite a while--thank you all for posting information. It's been very useful.

I placed on order of a 2022 Super Duty--Lariat, Tremor, black appearance, various other features--on June 10, 2021. We've waited, obviously, quite a long time. On 4/20/2022 we received the "Shipped" notification from Ford, indicating that the truck should arrive at our dealer between 5/2-5/8. On 5/5, the salesperson called me and said that the truck should arrive soon--likely within the "next few weeks" and he'd keep us informed. I went in today because there was still no news.

Turns out the truck arrived on 4/27, and they sold it to someone else on the same day!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm really stunned--and to be fair, the folks at the dealership are stumped; nobody knows how this happened.

LMAO!!! No, somebody at that dealership knows EXACTLY what happened.  I would be PISSED!!!! Better call that lawyer.  

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, pjgreen said:

There is no effing way! Wow

21 minutes ago, teecamp said:

LMAO!!! No, somebody at that dealership knows EXACTLY what happened.  I would be PISSED!!!! Better call that lawyer.  

I received my VIN and build date.  Haven’t heard a word from dealer.  With what happened to you, I am going to tell my dealer exactly what I know!!

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Scheduled Clean? There is no such status. It can be "Unscheduled/Clean" meaning it's a clean, buildable order with no errors, but still subject to commodity and plant constraints. If the order is scheduled, the priority code no longer has a function and the assigned VIN number and initial scheduled production week will be available in the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

I meant to say unscheduled clean my bad.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pjgreen said:

Same thing happened to me with a Lincoln Nautilus but it was only a 3 week wait as we reserved one that was in transit.  Luckily they have some in stock and ended up with one we actually like better and got an extra $1K discount on top of X plan.  And yeah they knew exactly what they were doing.  At least they will get dinged by Ford.

4 hours ago, pjgreen said:

I was under the impression that retail orders had a green window sticker with Special Order on it instead of the typical blue window sticker, and unless you are really close to the factory, how did it get there so quick?  Every day we hear about people waiting 3, 4, snd even 5 weeks for delivery.  Are you 100% sure it was actually delivered and sold?

28 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I was under the impression that retail orders had a green window sticker with Special Order on it instead of the typical blue window sticker, and unless you are really close to the factory, how did it get there so quick?  Every day we hear about people waiting 3, 4, snd even 5 weeks for delivery.  Are you 100% sure it was actually delivered and sold?

Correct. Stock orders have blue Window Stickers and retail orders have green Window Stickers.

1FA6P8CF3N5111808_WS.jpg

3FTTW8F91NRA55127_WS.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

4 hours ago, pjgreen said:

Holy crap, you got screwed. They made out like a bandit with that ADM as well. I've had dealers call me asking if I want to buy a vehicle with a green window sticker. After asking questions, once I found out they added ADM to the custom order (leading the ordering customer to angrily walk out) I said "no way." 

I can't imagine the dealership selling it under your nose. Both scenarios are inexcusable but yours is somehow worse. 

...who was the dealer? I feel like we deserve to know. 

Edited by THASS
Post script added

5 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I’m priority 2 since April ford customer service said unscheduled clean ??‍♂️?‍♂️

I too ordered KRU at end of Nov 21 with all bells and whistles that I have since taken off.  Been priority 2 since some time in April and still unscheduled/clean?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Correct. Stock orders have blue Window Stickers and retail orders have green Window Stickers.

1FA6P8CF3N5111808_WS.jpg

3FTTW8F91NRA55127_WS.jpg

Yes. The sales manager told me that they received a notification from the general manager that, though the truck had a green window sticker, it was released for sale. He said this happens--usually when someone decides they don't want the vehicle. But not the case here. He called the general manager, who was vacationing and not in front of his computer, so couldn't recall why he released it.

2 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I can't imagine why they'd tell me it was sold if it, in fact, wasn't. I'm in Texas (Georgetown--outside of Austin).

My window sticker was green (see image in post below).

Edited by pjgreen

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Same thing happened to me with a Lincoln Nautilus but it was only a 3 week wait as we reserved one that was in transit.  Luckily they have some in stock and ended up with one we actually like better and got an extra $1K discount on top of X plan.  And yeah they knew exactly what they were doing.  At least they will get dinged by Ford.

Sorry this happened to you. Glad that it worked out, though.

What do you mean "dinged by Ford"?

44 minutes ago, pjgreen said:

Sorry this happened to you. Glad that it worked out, though.

What do you mean "dinged by Ford"?

If the dealer has a COVP order that is not sold to the customer who ordered it, Ford counts it against the dealer and cuts their allocation.  Too many violations and their allocations can be taken away completely- at least temporarily.