2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, pjgreen said:

I've been a follower of this thread passively for quite a while--thank you all for posting information. It's been very useful.

I placed on order of a 2022 Super Duty--Lariat, Tremor, black appearance, various other features--on June 10, 2021. We've waited, obviously, quite a long time. On 4/20/2022 we received the "Shipped" notification from Ford, indicating that the truck should arrive at our dealer between 5/2-5/8. On 5/5, the salesperson called me and said that the truck should arrive soon--likely within the "next few weeks" and he'd keep us informed. I went in today because there was still no news.

Turns out the truck arrived on 4/27, and they sold it to someone else on the same day!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm really stunned--and to be fair, the folks at the dealership are stumped; nobody knows how this happened.

I ordered a new travel trailer and paid for it in full when it was on the truck to be delivered (subject to not being damaged).  It was delivered and another party bought my paid for trailer.  Needless to say I was a little hot under the collar.  I met with the owner of the RV business and asked how you can sell a paid for trailer.  He replied that it wasn't logged so another salesman sold it.  Knowing I could sue him for fraud and trash his business with the state motor vehicle division, he checked and an exact trailer was also in transit and expected a week later.  He offered a $2500 discount and some free options and service.  I got the trailer and a free setup and saved $2500.  I think this was fair compensation for a weeks delay.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

If the dealer has a COVP order that is not sold to the customer who ordered it, Ford counts it against the dealer and cuts their allocation.  Too many violations and their allocations can be taken away completely- at least temporarily.

True, but unfortunately, the ratio of name matching before being dinged is 70/30. If dealers only name match 71%, nothing goes against them. Additionally, according to the FMC bulletin on COVP, orders older than 120 days are not bound to the name match requirement. The COVP rules protects the dealer more so than customers. FMC taking away allocations penalizes retail customers who have not yet been scheduled while the dealer gets to keep the vehicles they sell without honoring the rules. In reality, the only thing protecting COVP customers is the integrity of the dealer they choose. 

Its here!

ordered 11/1/21

lariat ultimate, 6.7, BAP with the liner, 5th prep, sunroof, camera and tow package, adaptive cruise, etc, no butt massage, no adaptive steering

built 5/3

shipped 5/6

Arrived in spokane 5/23

delivered 5/26

No shifts in build, ship or delivery schedules.  zip, nada, none.  And yes, I watched it like a hawk.  Knew which very small towns in North Dakota it went through on the train.

Drove 900 miles that same weekend preparing it for trailer towing

Pretty awesome!

3.31 w/6.7 is the way to go.  The 10 speed was in 5th gear by 20mph.  1750 rpm at 80 (montana).  Monster torque and tremendous range in gears.

Strong side winds didn't phase it (montana).  Adaptive cruise is great.  Huge sunroof is a spirit lifter on grey, cloudy, rainy days.

Bonus:  the automatic wipers work much better than I was expecting!  Just set it and it starts, stops, speeds up, slows down based on the light sprinkles or heavy rain.  Never have to turn it off, it just works.

All of the cameras give great information and are very useful for such a beast in a parking lot, but competition has better resolution.

Corwin in Spokane was lazy, but did honor x-plan and price protection (Ford is sending check, Corwin was too lazy to find the original x-plan price, so they sold at current x-plan and will send check in a few weeks for the difference.  Therefore I paid a few hundred more in taxes.  But better than some stories here)

Used FORScan to get rid of those pesky chimes last night.

Really looking forward to hooking up the trailer!

Truck is a bit dirty in the attached picture, but it still looks pretty darn good!  yes, that is my wife, much more photogenic than me!

truck.jpg

Edited by Lee2021
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, pjgreen said:

I've been a follower of this thread passively for quite a while--thank you all for posting information. It's been very useful.

I placed on order of a 2022 Super Duty--Lariat, Tremor, black appearance, various other features--on June 10, 2021. We've waited, obviously, quite a long time. On 4/20/2022 we received the "Shipped" notification from Ford, indicating that the truck should arrive at our dealer between 5/2-5/8. On 5/5, the salesperson called me and said that the truck should arrive soon--likely within the "next few weeks" and he'd keep us informed. I went in today because there was still no news.

Turns out the truck arrived on 4/27, and they sold it to someone else on the same day!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm really stunned--and to be fair, the folks at the dealership are stumped; nobody knows how this happened.

I am not surprised. File a complaint and take your business somewhere else. 

This is the kind of behavior is probably one of the reasons why Ford is shifting to "direct to consumer" sales.  Whenever I browse local dealer inventories online I only find green window stickers.   I'm sure some are actually cancelled orders and I'm sure some are available to purchase with a significant markup.  

My sales manager told me 2023 Super Duty order bank will not open until October, I know that is probably not official yet but has anyone else heard those rumblings?  I suspect Oct. is probably fairly accurate since a ton of 2022 Super Duty orders have still not been scheduled.

17 hours ago, pjgreen said:

Did you put a deposit down? That would make it a binding contract.

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

My sales manager told me 2023 Super Duty order bank will not open until October, I know that is probably not official yet but has anyone else heard those rumblings?  I suspect Oct. is probably fairly accurate since a ton of 2022 Super Duty orders have still not been scheduled.

I posted earlier here or FTE that 23MY SD banks would open in October based on a spreadsheet that was posted on the Bronco Sport forum. Then ice-capades shot me down. 

I trust him more but still wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be accurate. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IA Diver said:

Did you put a deposit down? That would make it a binding contract.

Not necessarily. There would have to be a signed sales agreement stating the exact terms of the transaction with a VIN number, vehicle specifications and/or documentation showing the order number and original order date corresponding to the deposit. And technically, the sales agreement would also need to signed by an authorized dealership representative.

I'm not in any terms condoning the Dealer's action in selling the vehicle to another customer. They knew what they were doing or simply incompetent in managing their business. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, THASS said:

I posted earlier here or FTE that 23MY SD banks would open in October based on a spreadsheet that was posted on the Bronco Sport forum. Then ice-capades shot me down. 

I trust him more but still wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be accurate. 

As of yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), Ford has still not released the 2023MY Super Duty timetable. As such, it's looking more likely that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) won't open until October possibly. The FDNB is the official source for this information so, until Ford makes the announcement official, I have to treat any other unverified source as speculation. I understand how anxious everyone is to know about the 2023MY Super Duty. The problem is that, all too often, someone posts unverified information from another online source and then readers view and treat it as being factual which fuels even more speculation.

I appreciate the information and wouldn't be surprised either at this point. Thanks! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pjgreen said:

I can't imagine why they'd tell me it was sold if it, in fact, wasn't. I'm in Texas (Georgetown--outside of Austin).

My window sticker was green (see image in post below).

Uh...was it Mac Haik Ford? I have a super duty on order with them and this s%€* wouldn’t surprise me. I’m going to be on their ass when my truck is in shipping so they don’t pull a stunt like this. 

17 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I was under the impression that retail orders had a green window sticker with Special Order on it instead of the typical blue window sticker, and unless you are really close to the factory, how did it get there so quick?  Every day we hear about people waiting 3, 4, snd even 5 weeks for delivery.  Are you 100% sure it was actually delivered and sold?

Yes, but some are delivered promptly. Mine took only 15 days from departure KTP to being dropped off at my Metro Vancouver dealer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

Yes, but some are delivered promptly. Mine took only 15 days from departure KTP to being dropped off at my Metro Vancouver dealer.

I know it happens, mine was built 3/22, shipped 3/25 by rail and at my dealer 4/4.  But I have helped a number of people on here track their deliveries and trucking delays from the rail ramp to the dealers have been taking weeks, not days.  

My only real point was that it got there unusually quick and was unusually sold with a green window sticker, so has anyone tracked it and checked to be sure it was actually sold?  

Lastly, given all the factors in play, I find it difficult to believe it was sold by accident.  I suspect the dealer knew exactly what they were doing, had a customer willing to pay a premium for that truck and/or there is a relationship between that buyer and the dealer, and the dealer also knew that there would be no repercussions by selling that truck that they knew was committed to the one that actually ordered it and didn’t give a damn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Not necessarily. There would have to be a signed sales agreement stating the exact terms of the transaction with a VIN number, vehicle specifications and/or documentation showing the order number and original order date corresponding to the deposit. And technically, the sales agreement would also need to signed by an authorized dealership representative.

I'm not in any terms condoning the Dealer's action in selling the vehicle to another customer. They knew what they were doing or simply incompetent in managing their business. 

So with VIN numbers months apart from the negotiated time of purchase makes all of those deals not legal? 

1 hour ago, 1972Mach1 said:

So with VIN numbers months apart from the negotiated time of purchase makes all of those deals not legal? 

Huh?  He’s only talking about whether it constitutes a legally enforceable binding contract.  That doesn’t make the other illegal.

The problem with all these breach of contract cases is that you have to prove you were damaged financially before you could collect any damages.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2504now said:

With dealers charging sticker for the trucks, are they making a nice profit?  Normally no one would pay sticker.  Or is sticker normal for special orders?  Just curious with these strange times.

Related: How would the Graingers and Chapmans of the world make money selling 3% below invoice? 

23 minutes ago, 2504now said:

With dealers charging sticker for the trucks, are they making a nice profit?  Normally no one would pay sticker.  Or is sticker normal for special orders?  Just curious with these strange times.

Average selling price used to be a few hundred over invoice plus holdback and other incentives.  Dealers are making double or triple their normal profit if not more.

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

Average selling price used to be a few hundred over invoice plus holdback and other incentives.  Dealers are making double or triple their normal profit if not more.

Thanks for the info.  Local dealer typically had 3 or 4 salesmen when one drove up.  These days there is 1.

31 minutes ago, THASS said:

Related: How would the Graingers and Chapmans of the world make money selling 3% below invoice? 

Below invoice?  I’m not sure what the difference is between invoice and sticker for these trucks.  I assumed there was a difference even for special order.  Sounds like there is.

1 hour ago, 2504now said:

I’m not sure what the difference is between invoice and sticker for these trucks.  I assumed there was a difference even for special order.  Sounds like there is.

MSRP is $2K - $4K or so above dealer invoice.  Holdback used to be 3% of dealer invoice but I think that changed recently.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:43 AM, ice-capades said:

I wasn't impressed or encouraged when I first read that the Dealer wasn't sure how to amend the order. Regardless, retail orders are price protected to the price level in effect at the original order date. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system will only display the current pricing level when the WBDO Preview is shown. There are plenty of posts about the retail order price protection which is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. Hopefully, you have a signed sales agreement specifying the exact terms of your transaction. FYI... the Window Sticker and vehicle invoice will be created using the pricing in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Ford does not re-invoice vehicles at the price level in effect at original order date.  

Dealer came back today and said it was price protected based on my original order; it had to go back to Ford since he said it would reset the priority back to 10 instead of 2.    Thank you so much for the confirmation!  Much appreciated.