2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Well my time here is up i lucked out and found f250 fx4. 6 rs away more loaded than one i have on order for cheaper than xplan. Dont know if mix up orwhat but bought it today 45600 out the door. Want to thank ice cyberdman and akirby for all the info that made the 6 month wait tolerable you guys really make a difference dealing with all the bs from dealers

• Like 4

Got my truck today.  We'll my wife did that is.  I'm out if town and the dealer called first thing this morning. She took some quick pictures and asked if everything was with the truck and the salesmen said yes.  She texted the pictures and I didn't see the customer installed cam and tpms kit.  The yaw sensor, cleats, and all weather Ford mats were there but not the camera kit.  She looked all over inside the truck and it was not there so I fired off an email to the salesman to get this figured out.  I think he's off tomorrow and I don't get back home until Tuesday so hopefully it won't be a big issue.  So far aside from communication during the waiting process for the truck they have been great to deal with.  They honored the original X plan price without any issues and I'd hate for this to turn into something but the camera kit was not cheap.

Update, salesman and I exchanged emails today.  I sent him a video link of the camera/TPMS unpacking from YouTube.  He replied and confirmed it was not in the truck and will contact his manager to get things figured out.  

Edited by 1972Mach1
Update
  • Like 1

The camera kits comes separate and usually in their parts department. Make sure you check the kit, they gave my friend the camera only kit, not the camera and TPMS.  The part numbers are close make sure you check. No fault of the dealer it comes from ford. 

Edited by yorid
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 12:23 PM, NH_Bulldog said:

I know it happens, mine was built 3/22, shipped 3/25 by rail and at my dealer 4/4.  But I have helped a number of people on here track their deliveries and trucking delays from the rail ramp to the dealers have been taking weeks, not days.  

My only real point was that it got there unusually quick and was unusually sold with a green window sticker, so has anyone tracked it and checked to be sure it was actually sold?  

Lastly, given all the factors in play, I find it difficult to believe it was sold by accident.  I suspect the dealer knew exactly what they were doing, had a customer willing to pay a premium for that truck and/or there is a relationship between that buyer and the dealer, and the dealer also knew that there would be no repercussions by selling that truck that they knew was committed to the one that actually ordered it and didn’t give a damn.

mine is going on week three sitting at the ramp waiting on a truck to pick it up. It’s frustrating for sure. 

On 6/2/2022 at 5:24 PM, 2504now said:

Has anyone found their window sticker on the status page before receiving the e-mail?

2504Now...my window sticker appeared on the Ford Tracker site before I received an email update and before the "in production" message appeared. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crashman-405 said:

mine is going on week three sitting at the ramp waiting on a truck to pick it up. It’s frustrating for sure. 

10 weeks as of yesterday. Still doesn't show shipped. Clean,no holds. VVR says rail delay. I don't get it!  

3 hours ago, ColoradoBob said:

2504Now...my window sticker appeared on the Ford Tracker site before I received an email update and before the "in production" message appeared. 

Thanks!  I will keep checking the status page.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:23 AM, ice-capades said:

I'm not in any terms condoning the Dealer's action in selling the vehicle to another customer. They knew what they were doing or simply incompetent in managing their business. 

I've wondered if this was the reason the dealer shifted my order from retail to stock, hoping to steal my early order for someone the GM knows.  Their stated excuse was that Ford was filling stock orders first.

42 minutes ago, road turtle said:

I've wondered if this was the reason the dealer shifted my order from retail to stock, hoping to steal my early order for someone the GM knows.  Their stated excuse was that Ford was filling stock orders first.

It is true that Ford builds stock orders first at the beginning of a new model year until they reach ok to buy which is 1-3 weeks normally.  But those might get held at the factory for weeks or months so it’s not a good reason for the dealer to do that.

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

Ford starts production with Dealer stock orders first and doesn't usually even start scheduling retail orders until the "Okay to Buy" status is reached. They do that to make sure that the required quality standard is consistent when they start retail order production. Those early build "stock" orders may get held at the plant for weeks or months for repairs to defects that are discovered and arrive at dealerships after retail orders. In addition, stock orders don't qualify for price protection. As such, it's not a good policy for a Dealer to submit retail orders as stock orders.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

Ordered 10/27/21 - 6.7 CC DRW Lariat Star White

Order Confirmed - 10/27/21

January 22 - Removed 5WP and AS

Scheduled for build - 3/28/22 (it did change a few times)

Built - 4/2/22

Received shipped email 4/5

Truck at dealer 6/6/22

Finally! Now getting my hitch prep kit and spray-in bed liner installed.

23 minutes ago, rlp450 said:

Ordered 10/27/21 - 6.7 CC DRW Lariat Star White

Order Confirmed - 10/27/21

January 22 - Removed 5WP and AS

Scheduled for build - 3/28/22 (it did change a few times)

Built - 4/2/22

Received shipped email 4/5

Truck at dealer 6/6/22

Finally! Now getting my hitch prep kit and spray-in bed liner installed.

“Finally!”  Congrats, your wait is practically over.  Now to plan a trip!

My truck was built May 24th and is still awaiting to be shipped. The tracking website says the truck would be shipped in a few days to one week. Now it’s been 2 weeks.

Window sticker says shipping via convoy.

Is this typical lately?

Original ordered November 11th so this has been a long wait. 

Can people let me know how long their truck took to ship once built? Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Bluedust11 said:

My truck was built May 24th and is still awaiting to be shipped. The tracking website says the truck would be shipped in a few days to one week. Now it’s been 2 weeks.

Is this typical lately?

Does your truck have multi-contour seats?  If so, the MCS modules are not readily available and trucks being built with these seats are being put on a corporate stop ship.

Edited by manko

22 minutes ago, Bluedust11 said:

Is this typical lately?

Lariat built on 5/5 still waiting to leave KTP

2 hours ago, Bluedust11 said:

Is this typical lately?

Built Feb 5, shipped 9-12, arrived in Illinois 15, arrived in Vancouver BC Feb 23. Took delivery March 2. Less than a month from build to delivery. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bpete12 said:

Anybody with the 6/13 build week get window stickers or tracker movement yet?

My friend had a scheduled build week for the week of June 6th (this week) and his sticker showed up last Thursday June 2nd, with the tracker currently showing “In Production”.  Start looking for your sticker towards the end of this week!

• Like 1