2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 minutes ago, Bluedust11 said:

Just to update the above, tracker changed to “shipped” today! Estimated arrival June 29th to July 5th. 

Sounds like good news since you’re going convoy. 34 days and still sitting at KTP waiting on a train for me. 

3 hours ago, Monoman said:

It looks like Ford has made it official that MY22 Super Duties will be manufactured until December 21 and the MY23 order banks open up October 17.  The MY22/23 SD news is around the 33 minute mark. June SD production and scheduling info around the 51 minute mark.  

Great information.  This makes my dealership look like a bunch of rookies with their heads buried in the sand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malaney said:

Sounds like good news since you’re going convoy. 34 days and still sitting at KTP waiting on a train for me. 

Thanks but sorry to hear that Malaney. I can’t believe how dysfunctional the rail system seems based on posts of others as well. 

Edited by Bluedust11

2 hours ago, LabCrazy said:

Great information.  This makes my dealership look like a bunch of rookies with their heads buried in the sand.

Yeah it sure seems like most dealers have had no real incentives to do a better job for their customers. 

Well, finally some good news! After 10 months and many months of being rescheduled. The truck I order on 8/6 has a build DAY of 6/20. Fingers still crossed that it actually happens and then how long will it take to actually get shipped and delivered! Hoping not to hit the 365 day mark at least!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, ice-capades said:

Ford starts production with Dealer stock orders first and doesn't usually even start scheduling retail orders until the "Okay to Buy" status is reached. They do that to make sure that the required quality standard is consistent when they start retail order production. Those early build "stock" orders may get held at the plant for weeks or months for repairs to defects that are discovered and arrive at dealerships after retail orders. In addition, stock orders don't qualify for price protection. As such, it's not a good policy for a Dealer to submit retail orders as stock orders.  

You may remember, it was a retail  order, they changed my retail order to stock.  On a quiet year, achieving ok to buy should have been  NON EVENT

On 6/7/2022 at 7:42 PM, kfford said:

Ordered 350 SW KRU late Nov 21 so not as advanced as y’all but still >6 months now.  It would be very interesting to see the order data with what was ordered an when. 

Ordered my 350 LB, SRW, on 10/29.  The latest word I have is that is to be built the week of 6/13.  But the original build was suppose to be 3/7.  So who know when it will actually get built, let along shipped!

From the video that was mentioned on page 403 I learned that only 3500 F series trucks will be scheduled for July.  Pretty small number.  I believe their are no new constraints including wheel liners.  F150s have a ton of constraints.  A big concern for those not scheduled is whether the dealership got over a 75% COVP name match.  As a customer we have no idea if they did that.  There were 4500 orders in the COVP program that were cancelled by the dealers because they were not matched.  Most of them Super Duty trucks.  If my dealer did this there is a three month freeze on allocations.  Is there a way to find this out? The dealer will not publicize they were cheating.  I am going to request the dealer allocation for June for Super Duty trucks.  I bet I can't get this info without speaking to the Sales Manager.

The last day to build a 2022 Super Duty is December 21, 2022.  Nothing like getting a new 1-1/2 year old truck.  MY 2023 orders open October 17 and based on how long the 2022 production has been extended, they probably won't be building any trucks until after the holidays.

Did I hear this correctly?  Can I assume the dealers have the same letter that John McArthur was quoting?

After watching the video on the previous page, with only 3500 Super Duties being built, and the Dec 21 cutoff date as last day of manufacture, anyone have an educated guess as to when some of us should give up on the hopes of a 2022 model?  My order date was late, as in last week of March, and I’ve already resigned myself to the fact that chances are, my truck will not be built as a 2022.  I’m just curious if anyone in the know can guesstimate and say “if you don’t have a vin by such and such date, it ain’t happening”

Ordered a 450 Limited June 9th 2021, yes one year ago. Got the vin and first production date on February 1st for the week of March 21st. Been bumped 11 times to the week of June 20th now. Really frustrating as my dealer has the same truck and it’s 2 vin numbers higher and it’s getting delivered and I am still waiting. I only have rapid cab heater, front liners, trailer cam, and now no MS in the seats that’s the only difference the the  other truck. Frustrating it is but I’ll wait for it. I sure hope shipping gets squared away by then so it’s not sitting in a rail yard for weeks. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, bpete12 said:

Anybody with the 6/13 build week get window stickers or tracker movement yet?

Scheduled for the week of the 13th…build day of the 16th. Window sticker appeared this morning. 

AC187B14-BABB-4D61-9A87-8264D34B2B31.png

5 hours ago, 2504now said:

Are the modules populated at the end of the build?  And is there a way of knowing how many modules are required?  Blessings.

Modules usually are populated before the tracker confirms the build is complete. Modules depend on the vehicle options. 

Still no schedule for my f450 plat

going on 10 months since confirmed 

if and when I get truck it will be year and half old already 

?

no word from dealer or ford what’s going on still in 2 months 

(Being a Custermer must be such a burden for ford and dealer to call or email that you are still in line)

Edited by F450

With 400 pages of posts, I have not been able to find the answer I'm looking for so I am sorry if this question has been asked a million times.

Now that my truck has shipped, is there a way to track the shipment. Window sticker says Rail so I assume my truck will be put on a train... If anyone knows how to track the shipping to see if my truck is sitting in a yard or actually on the move, please let me know. Thanks.

58 minutes ago, rbartee3 said:

Now that my truck has shipped, is there a way to track the shipment. Window sticker says Rail so I assume my truck will be put on a train... If anyone knows how to track the shipping to see if my truck is sitting in a yard or actually on the move, please let me know. Thanks.

Your dealer has access to the Vehicle Visibility Report with all of that information.  But talk to the sales manager not the sales person.

Since I have made zero progress on my F350 King Ranch confirmed order from 11/19 I have given up. I purchased another similar truck to salvage my summer vacation plans. I will revisit making an order down the road when this mess has been resolved. Lol, I may target the 2024 model year and hope it's only a few months wait at that time. 

Best of luck to all the long timers that you make progress. 

P.S.,

My dealer is going to continue with my order so they can take delivery and make a big mark up when its delivered. I am sure now that they have the chance for a significant Additional Dealer Profit that it will be scheduled immediately. 

• Sad 1