2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

52 minutes ago, ice-capades said:
  • 2022MY Super Duty scheduling next week is for production planned for the week of July 18th. 

Is this reflective of the two week July 4th production shut down? Wife and I took the kids to Detroit a couple years ago around the 4th of July to the Henry Ford museum and we did the Rouge truck plant tour. But no trucks were being built due to a annual shut down. 

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Your dealer has access to the Vehicle Visibility Report with all of that information.  But talk to the sales manager not the sales person.

That's a bummer... my dealer has not been communicative at all and when I asked about the Vehicle Visibility Report in the past, they acted like there was no such thing.

I take it there is no way for us peasants to track our trucks on our own while in shipment.

Edited by rbartee3

40 minutes ago, rbartee3 said:

That's a bummer... my dealer has not been communicative at all and when I asked about the Vehicle Visibility Report in the past, they acted like there was no such thing.

I take it there is no way for us peasants to track our trucks on our own while in shipment.

Escalate to the GM.  That’s ridiculous.

2 hours ago, tjm73 said:

Is this reflective of the two week July 4th production shut down? Wife and I took the kids to Detroit a couple years ago around the 4th of July to the Henry Ford museum and we did the Rouge truck plant tour. But no trucks were being built due to a annual shut down. 

The F-Series Super Duty vehicles are produced at the Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP) which is down the weeks of July 4th & July 11th. The Dearborn Truck Plant (DTP) that produces F-150's is down the week of June 27th and the Kansas City Assembly Plant (KCAP) that also produces F-150's will be down the week of July 4th. The Dearborn Truck Plant is the only facility that offers plant tours when the plant is operating. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KonevTremor said:

Just curious. Mid may my truck scheduled for production for July 18th. Now I see people after me being scheduled for earlier dates. Why? 

Commodity and plant constraints, as well as supply chain factors. Not all commodities are available for production every week. 

6 hours ago, rbartee3 said:

Now that my truck has shipped, is there a way to track the shipment. Window sticker says Rail so I assume my truck will be put on a train... If anyone knows how to track the shipping to see if my truck is sitting in a yard or actually on the move, please let me know. Thanks.

As akirby replied, your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. The report shows the complete order history including all scheduling, production and shipping status information through final delivery to the dealership. The report will include the rail car carrier and rail car number information that you may be able to use for tracking at the rail carrier's website or phone. 

Vehicle Visibility_Shipped Rail_Rail Car Number.jpg

• Per today's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), Ford has still not released the "Balance Out" information for the 2022MY Super Duty or the 2023MY Super Duty schedule.
  • The 2022/2023MY Super Duty production schedule will be posted as soon as Ford releases the information via the FDNB.    
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rbartee3 said:

I got mine through the Ford chat.  I also heard people got them via the Ford customer service line.  In either case, they will authenticate that you are the actual buyer. Once you get the rail car it's easy to track via the CSX number. 

Your number will be 4 letters and 6 numbers.
Mine went via CSX so their number is 1-800-235-2352
Press 1
Key in the 4 letters for the car initial. For instance TTGX would be 81 81 41 92 (First number is the where the letter falls into the keypad, second number is the place within)
You will be prompted for the rail car number, key in the 6 digit number.
Say "done" at the prompt or , ,
Listen for the update

https://www.bnsf.com/ship-with-bnsf/...work-maps.page

I used that as a checker to see where the stops were. It was pretty accurate following the northern route through Montana and then Idaho and on into Washington. 

Edited by 1972Mach1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, DecoSF said:

Ordered a 450 Limited June 9th 2021, yes one year ago. Got the vin and first production date on February 1st for the week of March 21st. Been bumped 11 times to the week of June 20th now. Really frustrating as my dealer has the same truck and it’s 2 vin numbers higher and it’s getting delivered and I am still waiting. I only have rapid cab heater, front liners, trailer cam, and now no MS in the seats that’s the only difference the the  other truck. Frustrating it is but I’ll wait for it. I sure hope shipping gets squared away by then so it’s not sitting in a rail yard for weeks. 

Welcome to the one year + club!  Not exactly a club anyone wants to be in.  

13 months and counting on my F450 Platinum 

I spoke to the sales manager the other day and there is actually 1 truck 3 days older than mine, a F150 KR, which leads me to believe my dealer has an allocation issue with getting higher trim level trucks. 

Ford is really failing it’s customers by not reaching out to us and giving us answers. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jfinn said:

I spoke to the sales manager the other day and there is actually 1 truck 3 days older than mine, a F150 KR, which leads me to believe my dealer has an allocation issue with getting higher trim level trucks. 

Ford is really failing it’s customers by not reaching out to us and giving us answers. 

Have you asked for documentation to show your order is (and has always been) retail/COVP and not a stock order?  I am very suspicious of outstanding orders like yours and my assumption is dealer greed or incompetence is the issue.

36 minutes ago, Jfinn said:

Definitely something is not right. I have only been dealing with the top brass at my dealer as my uncle was a 40 plus year employee there and they let me know all I want to see and have no problem answering questions I have. Just frustrated with factory and the way they schedule after a vin is issued. Got that vin in February and from this forum it sounds like they don’t vin unless all commodities will be on hand and it’s been pushed way too many times. After it’s here I’ll have to pay the higher sales tax now also and wait for factory to reimburse me the price difference as this dealer will not eat that part of price protection but they do know how it works as I was expanded it while ordering.  

19 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Have you asked for documentation to show your order is (and has always been) retail/COVP and not a stock order?  I am very suspicious of outstanding orders like yours and my assumption is dealer greed or incompetence is the issue.

While I never actually checked that, I had to provide my drivers license shortly after my order so my dealer could send it to Ford to prove it was a retail/COVP order and not for dealer stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

My first order was placed 6/24/21.  Window sticker populated today. It’s green and I’m sure it’s COVP,  it was a smaller dealer so I’m guessing allocation issue and having spray liner, AS, and fifth wheel prep. I tried cancelling two of the three but the salesman played games so I ordered another which was picked up last weekend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

My first order was placed 6/24/21.  Window sticker populated today. It’s green and I’m sure it’s COVP,  it was a smaller dealer so I’m guessing allocation issue and having spray liner, AS, and fifth wheel prep. I tried cancelling two of the three but the salesman played games so I ordered another which was picked up last weekend. 

Congrats on getting a big step closer! 

Yes it is my understanding that green stickers are retail/COVP orders.  Since Ford has only been producing COVP for a while now it makes sense that your sticker is green.  If your order was originally entered as something other than COVP the dealer would have had to convert it to COVP no later than 4/1.  I have no idea if the sticker has the order date encoded on it somewhere.  You might need to see the VVR to know the original order date. 

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

Yes, it is my understanding that green stickers are retail/COVP orders.  Since Ford has only been producing COVP for a while now it makes sense that your sticker is green.  If your order was originally entered as something other than COVP the dealer would have had to convert it to COVP no later than 4/1.  I have no idea if the sticker has the order date encoded on it somewhere.  You might need to see the VVR to know the original order date. 

For clarification purposes, Ford Window Stickers are either blue (Stock - Order Type 2) or green (Retail - Order Type 1 & A/X/Z/D Plan) but there is no identification for COVP orders. COVP is a registration system for retail orders to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling, but COVP is not an order type or identified on Window Stickers or Dealer Invoices. 

1FA6P8CF3N5111808_WS.jpg

3FTTW8F91NRA55127_WS.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

For clarification purposes, Ford Window Stickers are either blue (Stock - Order Type 2) or green (Retail - Order Type 1 & A/X/Z/D Plan) but there is no identification for COVP orders. COVP is a registration system for retail orders to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling, but COVP is not an order type or identified on Window Stickers or Dealer Invoices. 

As always, thank you all that you do here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 1:50 PM, King ranch 62 said:

I’m trying but it would be a little easier if they weren’t dropping the multi contour seats. I’m hanging in there.??

Is there anyone out there who ordered a super duty through Keller ford in Hanford California? If so have you gotten any information about your build date? I’ve been # 1 and priority 2 on the waiting list for a couple months now, king ranch ultimate took off fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner and front and rear wheel well liners in February and still nothing. I was told that they “Keller ford” didn’t get in any super duties last month and nothing is scheduled for June or July yet. Allocation issue? Hell the salesman manager says he’s never heard of the multi contour seats issue and I just talked to him on Friday. I most likely won’t be buying anymore vehicles from them. ?‍♂️

56 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

Is there anyone out there who ordered a super duty through Keller ford in Hanford California? If so have you gotten any information about your build date? I’ve been # 1 and priority 2 on the waiting list for a couple months now, king ranch ultimate took off fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner and front and rear wheel well liners in February and still nothing. I was told that they “Keller ford” didn’t get in any super duties last month and nothing is scheduled for June or July yet. Allocation issue? Hell the salesman manager says he’s never heard of the multi contour seats issue and I just talked to him on Friday. I most likely won’t be buying anymore vehicles from them. ?‍♂️

Let's just say that it's more than difficult to believe that Keller Ford isn't aware of the issues with the Mutli-Contour Seats availability. Multiple updates for the affected models and the subsequent updates have all been posted prominently on the FMCDealer.com portal home page that Dealers use to access all Ford communications, WBDO, CONCEPS, Vehicle Visibility, Vehicle Locator, Window Stickers, Vehicle Invoices, SMART Vincent, etc. 

Went in to see the Sales Manger on Friday and he verified that my truck does indeed have the Tremor step bars and not the Powered Steps that I requested with the salesman.  The order sheet does not show either so I am not sure how I was supposed to verify that option.  With the VIN already assigned it is too late to correct anything and I have a build date of 7/18.  He was stating 5 week delivery for the end of August if everything goes perfect.  So now I am thinking, it might be best to walk away from this truck, wait a month and order MY 2023 and get the truck I want with all of the options I want and hopefully the MC Seats.  Then he said I lost price protection when I removed the spray in, fifth wheel prep, and tonneau cover based on the salesman's recommendation.  I told him I didn't change the engine type or trim package so I should still be covered. Got the shoulder shrug and the comment that he would check on it.  If I do go the 2023 route I will be looking for a new dealership for sure!

If anyone has any suggestions I am looking for ideas on this.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Let's just say that it's more than difficult to believe that Keller Ford isn't aware of the issues with the Mutli-Contour Seats availability. Multiple updates for the affected models and the subsequent updates have all been posted prominently on the FMCDealer.com portal home page that Dealers use to access all Ford communications, WBDO, CONCEPS, Vehicle Visibility, Vehicle Locator, Window Stickers, Vehicle Invoices, SMART Vincent, etc. 

yes I think you’re right.  I don’t know what game he’s playing. You would think he would want the truck built and delivered so he can make some money off of me. Or he’s not managing his orders properly. I guess I’m going to have to drive the 100 miles round trip and go and pressure him to give me all of the correct info that I need. Thanks ice-capades?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 22Tremor said:

Went in to see the Sales Manger on Friday and he verified that my truck does indeed have the Tremor step bars and not the Powered Steps that I requested with the salesman.  The order sheet does not show either so I am not sure how I was supposed to verify that option.  With the VIN already assigned it is too late to correct anything and I have a build date of 7/18.  He was stating 5 week delivery for the end of August if everything goes perfect.  So now I am thinking, it might be best to walk away from this truck, wait a month and order MY 2023 and get the truck I want with all of the options I want and hopefully the MC Seats.  Then he said I lost price protection when I removed the spray in, fifth wheel prep, and tonneau cover based on the salesman's recommendation.  I told him I didn't change the engine type or trim package so I should still be covered. Got the shoulder shrug and the comment that he would check on it.  If I do go the 2023 route I will be looking for a new dealership for sure!

If anyone has any suggestions I am looking for ideas on this.

I’m guessing the 23’s will have same constraints, and who know how long it may be to get a 23’ build scheduled! 2months?  8 months?   

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

My dealer also knew nothing of the MC seat delete.. really is remarkable how clueless some of these folks are.